• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do any of you remember the GBA game of the same name? Well, I got my hands on a copy a day or so ago, and it inspired me to do something like this. Tag me if you're interested, and this is how the bios should be structured:
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Class: (Obelisk Blue[the most advanced], Ra Yellow[the middle league], or Slifer Red[the rookies])
Year: (first, second, third)
Signature Card: (list name, type, ATK/DEF, ability[if any] and number of stars)

I will start the RP once we get four or so people.

Last edited:
Name: Raikiri Senagoyo
Height: 5' 7"
Personality: The quiet prodigy kind of person, but is powerful when he needs to be
Appearance: Honey blond shaggy hair, round glasses, dark grey school uniform
Class: Ra Yellow
Year: first
Signature Card: Red-Eyes Slash Dragon, DARK, [Dragon/Fusion/Effect] 2800/2400 ********

Last edited:
Name: Dahlia Lanthorn "The Trap Master Duelist"
Height: 5'3
Personality: Always smiling, there's nothing more Dahlia loves more then a good duel. She a stickler for dueling with honor, and tends to get ticked off if someone duels with underhand tactics. Her older brother is Lance Lanthorn, a well known duelist known as "The Monster-Less Duelist". She tries to hone her skills in hopes of one day beating him.
Appearance: When not in school, Dahlia wears an orange jacket. While at Duel Academy, she wears a sleeveless blue jacket that is common of Obelisk Blue Students. She has shorter brown hair and blue eyes. She wears jeans and tennis shoes underneath.
Class: Obelisk Blue
Year: First
Signature Card: The Despair Uranus (8 Stars) (Light Type, Rock Attribute) (2900 ATK, 2300 DEF) When this card is Tribute Summoned while you control no Spell/Trap Cards: You can activate this effect; your opponent declares either Continuous Spell or Continuous Trap, then you Set 1 card that type directly from your Deck. This card gains 300 ATK for each face-up Spell/Trap Card you control. Face-up cards in your Spell & Trap Zone cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Last edited:
Nice! So every week once we get another person, I will ask everyone currently in the discussion to reveal ten or so cards in their final deck. For example: I would say something like, "It's Week 2, everyone please post 10 cards that will be in your final deck." This will go on for 4-6 weeks and you will only have to show their name and star count(if not a spell/trap card).

Last edited:
Name: Alexander Xavier
Height: 6'2
Personality: Cold and Calculating
Appearance: Alex's eyes are a rich slate colour, with short choppy snow-white hair. His skin is gently tanned with a slim fit build.
Class: Obelisk blue
Year: Second
Signature Card: ABC-Dragon Buster, Light attribute Machine type, 3000/2800, 8 Star.
"A-Assault Core" + "B-Buster Drake" + C-Crush Wyvern"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and/or from your GY (You do not use "Polymerization".) One per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card on the field; banish it. During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card, then target 3 of your banished LIGHT Machine Union monsters with different names; Special Summon them.

Last edited:
Yeah, we can start now. Here's mine:
-Darkfire Soldier #1, 4 stars
-Darkfire Soldier #2, 4 stars
-Twin-Headed Fire Dragon, 6 stars
-Magic Jammer, Trap
-Sword of Deep-Seated, Spell
-Lady Assailant of Flames, 4 stars
-Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier, 4 stars
-Windstorm of Etaqua, Trap
-Negate Attack, Trap
-Red-Eyes B. Dragon, 6 stars

Alright, here's 10 cards from Dahlia's
  • Metal Reflect Slime, Trap
  • Statue of Anguish Pattern, Trap
  • Abyss Stungray, Trap
  • Temple of the Kings, Spell
  • Imperial Custom, Trap
  • Zoma the Spirit, Trap
  • Booby Trap E, Trap
  • Double Snare, Spell
  • Future Visions, Spell
  • Embodiment of Apophis, Trap

Here's Dahlia's brother, a powerful duelist. He'll be more of a background character/mentor character.

Name: Lance Lanthorn "The Soulless Duelist"
Height: 5'7
Personality: Lance is considered a rather unusual student. He's rather quiet and unassuming, which paired with the fact he has the title of "The Monsterless Duelist", tends to give newer students the idea that he's a pushover in a duel. When he duels, he duels with a cool, even-headed ferocity. It is extremely difficult to upset him.
Appearance: Lance has shorter light brown hair, which the bangs sometimes come over his green eyes. He wears the white and blue jacket common of Obelisk Blue students, with blue boots. On his right hand, when he duels he wears a red glove that goes down to his elbow.
Class: Obelisk Blue
Year: 3rd
Signature Card: Wave Motion Cannon (Continuous Spell Card) During your Main Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each of your Standby Phases that have passed since this card was activated.

10 cards from his deck:
  • Gravity Bind, Trap
  • Swords of Burning Light, Spell
  • Dark Room of Nightmare, Spell
  • Magic Cylinder, Trap
  • Meteor of Destruction, Spell
  • Tremendous Fire, Spell
  • Secret Barrel, Trap
  • Chain Strike, Spell
  • Card of Demise, Spell
  • Future Visions, Spell

Last edited:
Dueling is going to work like the way it works in the anime/manga, like "My turn! I draw!", "I play this card in Attack Position!" and "I set one card face down and end my turn!"
I think the dueling style is probably going to be in Duel Academy style, but we could maybe try out something like XYZ or Synch somewhere down the line

This one is Raikiri's friend and/or rival. She'll be important for a few of Raikiri's major decisions.

Name: Elana Megami
Height: 5' 6"
Personality: Energetic, but is calm and doesn't usually talk during duels. She has a habit of swapping personalities from May-like to Brendan-like around Raikiri, if you get my drift.
Appearance: Long green hair, dark brown eyes, dark grey middle school uniform
Class: Ra Yellow
Signature Card: Copycat, 1 star, 0 ATK, 0 DEF, Light type, [Spellcaster/Effect] If this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; this card's ATK/DEF become equal to that card's original ATK/DEF.

-Dark Rabbit, 4 stars
-Meteor Dragon, 6 stars
-7 Colored Fish, 4 stars
-Riryoku, Spell
-Mirror Force, Trap
-Fang of Critias, Spell
-Crush Card Virus, Trap
-Doom Virus Dragon, 4 stars
-Block Attack, Spell
-Stop Defense, Spell

Well, things might get complicated when RPing, since two of my characters have decks based heavily in trap cards. Which activate during opponents turns. Which is usually when the other person is writing. Any suggestions on how to solve that sort of dilemma?

Name: Willow Bretton
Height: 5'7
Personality: Willow resembles her namesake, albeit partly. Willow, the plant, is flexible and not easily broken. Willow, the person, is not one to give up easily, but she isn't exactly flexible in her strategy. She can strategize before a duel, editing her deck if need be, but during a duel she sacrifices flexibility as soon as she gets as much as a foothold, digging in and prefering brute force to bash a bigger hole in the defenses of her opponent. Outside of battle she struggles with the same flexibility issue, being incredibly stubborn once she's convinced of something. That being said, she is willing to admit her mistakes when they happen.
Appearance: Willow has a sun-kissed complexion, brown hair with red highlights mixed in that she wears in a bob and brown eyes. She wears the standard Slifer Red uniform with pride and added her own personal flair by having a miniature Slifer head on her deck pocket.
Class: Slifer Red
Year: Second
Signature Card: Gladiator Beast Heraklinos, Fire, 3000 atk/2800 def, Gladiator Beast Laquari" + 2 ""Gladiator Beast" monsters.
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can discard 1 card; negate the activation and destroy it. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect. 8 stars.

Last edited:
Gladiator Beast Spartacus, 5 star.
Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius, spell.
Parry, trap.
Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd, Spell.
Gladiator Beast Bestiari, 4 star.
Gladiator Beast Alexander, 6 star.
Gravity Axe - Grarl, spell.
Rod of Silence, Kay'est. Spell.
Gladiator's Return, spell.
Indomitable Gladiator Beast, spell.

Right, uh... So I feel I should say that it is likely that my characters might have more than one copy of each of their cards in their deck. Yeah, that's it really.
Dahlia's Deck
  • Magic Planter x2, Spell
  • Emergency Provisions, Spell
  • Lightning Vortex, Spell
  • Mage Power, Spell
  • Nightmare's Steelcage, Spell
  • Mystical Beast of Sekret, 6 Star
  • The Tripper Mercury, 8 Star
  • Tiki Curse, Trap
  • Tiki Soul, Trap
Lance's Deck
  • Dark Hole, Spell
  • Dark Snake Syndrome, Spell
  • Toll, Spell
  • One Day of Peace, Spell
  • Pot of Extravagance x 2
  • Burning Land, Spell
  • Dimension Wall, Trap
  • Ojama Trio, Trap
  • Just Desserts, Trap

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
If y'all are still taking people

Name: Noah
Height: 5'8
Personality: Noah is a relax dude that doesn't take many things too seriously, unless the situation calls for it.
Appearance: Dark grey short hair, black eyes with bags under them, and blue jeans with a black hoodie whenever he's not wearing his school uniform.
Class: Slifer red
Signature Card: Magical Musket Mastermind Zakiel, light attribute, fiend type, 2500atk/2500def, 8 star.
You can Tribute Summon this card face-up by Tributing 1 "Magical Musket" monster. During either player's turn, you can activate "Magical Musket" Spell/Trap Cards from your hand. Once per turn, during your opponent's End Phase: You can draw cards equal to the number of "Magical Musket" Spell/Trap Cards you activated this turn while this card was face-up on your field. You can only use this effect of "Magical Musket Mastermind Zakiel" once per turn.

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Magical musketeer Starfire x3 (level 4)
Magical musketeer Caspar x3 (level 3)
Magical musketeer doc x3 (level 3)
Magical musketeer - Desperado x3,Trap
Magical musketeer calamity x2 (level 4)
Magical musketeer - crooked crown, Trap
Magical musketeer - fiendish deal, Trap
Magical musketeer - last stand x3, trap
Magical musketeer -dancing needle, Trap