• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Pokemon Mistakes

yeah. shinx turned out really helpful for me. and pachirisu with his grass knot.

my mistakes:
pkmn yellow- i let a friend play it. thinking they wud play my game. but no. they started a new one and saved over my game. and i had just got a dratini and managed to finally train it to a dragonite. i remember throwing a major tantie at that. they didnt understand why i was so upset.
diamond- i got me a weavile, and used some tm's on it, good ones. that were special attacks. and then later realised that weavile has 60 special attack. and 157 attack and was angered by having wasted those good tm's. :'(
other then that, i havent done any major mistakes. except i had alot of level 100's from emerald, but they turned out not as strong as i hoped in diamond stats wise..

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I made a mistake very recently. I was so happy to get access to Pal Park that I transferred my FireRed team onto Diamond (I wanted my Charizard on my team)... then realised that I kinda still needed my FireRed team to complete FireRed. Alas, I thought I'd grown out of such stupidity

That kinda reminded me of something waaaay back in the day.

When I had my blue virsion, I was trading a charizard for a mew in my friends red virsion. We though if we pulled the coard mid-trade, the pokemon might pop out or something, so we did. Nothing came out and I lost my charizard and he kept charizard AND mew. I think I was tricked.... >_>

I remember something stupid I did when I played my first Pokemon game. (Sadly it was Emerald...)

I had assumed from the start that Master Balls could eventually be bought, so I used the one I found on an Electrode...
I could never live that down once I realized the truth. :-\

...Wow, how many times here has someone mentioned that they (Or somebody else.) used a Master Ball improperly?

I can add myself to the list of people using Master Balls improperly. I used mine on either Entei or Suicune in Silver--I was impatient. I should have used that on that high level Ho-oh, the one I had problems with.

Thinking that...

Firstly, butterfree and bedrill were good pokemon.

bedrill:
swift
fury atack
quick atack
harden

woopsy

secondly, raising magikarps. seriosly, i was around the place were the normal gym leader was trying to get a gyaradose

lastly, thinking that my shiny nidoking was really powerfull.
lost 100000 pokedollers to blaine thanks.

The biggest mistake I can remember atm;

Pkmn Yellow - I just started and had to fight a bug catcher, in the middle of the fight my pikachu ran out of attacks to use and my other pokemon were fainted >_

most of mine where on Pokemon blue

1. training my Eevee to level 70 befone learning that you have to use stones to evolve it. :'(
2. Elvolving my Nidarina into a Nidoqueen at level 16
3 KO ing Moltrace and remembering that the last time I saved was outside victroy road :'(

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

Here was me think that an army of lvl100 lugias would be great! Of course, whenever I try doing something, cloning, for example, it always blows up in my face! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!
(no explanation needed, right? RIGHT!?!?) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Just made a small one. I was breeding for a Modest natured Charmander and got a female... but turned off my power without saving. Not a big problem, but a mistake none-the-less ::)

I have one.

I was playing my old Crystal game, and I was going against the ghost gym leader. He had a Haunter and a Gengar left and all my pokemon were KO'd except my little Togepi. And my Togepi miraculously WON! Then I turned off my game... WITHOUT SAVING!!!! I had to beat that darn gym leader again. And that is why that guy is my least favorite gym leader.

I remember back in the day, with Pokemon Red. Oooooh, those days. I got to the Unknown Dungeon (WAY cooler name than Cerulean Cave), and saw SO MANY new Pokemon I hadn't been bothered to catch or raise earlier. Marowak. Rhydon. Machoke. Electrode. CHANSEY.

I went on a catching SPREE, all leading up to my climactic battle against Mewtwo. I had that Master Ball all ready 'n stuffs...

"BOX3 is full! You have to switch to a new BOX!"

I had no idea what to do at first. I was shocked. All that...for this. So I reloaded the save, Escape Roped out of there, switched back, and began the LONG TREK BACK to that stupid Pokemon.

Gwuh. I'm so glad that problem got fixed. T_T

EDIT: Oh, and who can forget leaving my Pokemon Yellow with the TOTALLY COMPLETE 150 POKEMON THAT WERE LEGITIMATELY OBTAINED in my pants pocket to go through the wash? That's happened dozens of times, sometimes more than once on a single game cartridge. And yet it wipes the game data. Cocks.

I forgot another one of my mistakes.

On my pokemon sapphire, I caught Kyogre with the Master Ball(What?It was my first pokemon game.). Then my friend told me I should've saved it for Latias. Darn thing has given me a lot trouble(Still have not caught it).But then I got my pokemon pearl, AND I WASTED THE MASTER BALL ON PALKIA!!!!!!!! Why am I so forgetful..........

i used to only fight type advantages
on diamond i have 6 lvl 40s and am through victory road i cant even beat the elite four

I can't think of all my pokemon mistakes but here's a few that come to mind.

While shiny hunting for a shiny Kecleon I encountered a shiny Kecleon and didn't realize it was shiny. (Shiny Kecleons have a blue stripe instead of red) I just kinda stared at it for a while wondering what color the stripe was. I even asked someone what color it was and they said to catch it just in case. I ended up deciding it wasn't shiny, since I figured they would have made a shiny pokemon more different than that, and I KO'd it because I didn't want to waste a pokeball on a pokemon I already had.

After restarting my Ruby version I didn't feel like finding the Master ball just then so I decided I would go back later and get it. And then it wouldn't let me enter the secret cave thing again. So I ended up with no Master ball and I never caught Groudon 'cause I didn't wanna waste my time with Ultra balls.

I gave up trying to catch Ho-oh on either my Gold or Silver version after the second time and just killed it.

That's all I can think of, but I'll edit in more if I remember.

EDIT: Here's more.

I recently restarted my Ruby version and decided I was going to play it the right way. Naturally, I had no idea what I was doing. I ended up losing all my money by training on May, since I didn't know you had to pay to her if you lost...

Additionally, I only caught Pok

1.in my first poke game i had 1 pkmn left and it was a eletrode (p.s. i was at the e4 champ) and i used selfdestruct
2.i always rapidly press a and do horrible moves (growl/leer)
3.i used AR once

Not so much an in-game mistake but, closing the lid on my DS after doing a fair amount of game play, and comming back later to turn it on...(which off course turned it off without saving :-\)

Not so much an in-game mistake but, closing the lid on my DS after doing a fair amount of game play, and comming back later to turn it on...(which off course turned it off without saving :-\)

I had that once, after hunting through th great marsh for half an hour ad catching bunch of pokemon i just closed the lit and hten without thinking I pressed it on(off, of course) and lost all the pokemon I caught >.

Wow, it's hard to keep track of my mistakes. My top ones are probably:
1. Having all STAB moves. My Staraptor has Aerial Ace, Brave Bird, Roost and Fly.
2. Evolving pokemon as soon as possible, even though the level up moves are at an extremely high level.
3. Having taught all HM moves to Empoleon: Surf, Waterfall, Rock Smash and Rock Climb. Surprisingly, I went to the Elite Four with this moveset. Luckily, only Surf remaines there today.
4. In FireRed, I just caught the Pokemon I wanted. I had to Fly all the way back to Pallet to get Rattata and Viridian Forest to get Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle and Kakuna, Etc, Etc.
5.In Emerald, Not catching a Relicanth and Wailmer/Wailord to get the three golems.
6.In FireRed, I wasted my Masterball on Articuno. I didn't live when I found out I needed to catch/defeat Mewtwo... :p
7.Wasting my Masterball on Dialga. Though its really helpful and easy to train, just watching Pokemon go down with a Dragon Claw, Earth Power or Flash Cannon.
I have a vault full on them, but these are my worst blunders. ;)

I've made LOTS of mistakes in the Pokemon games xDD
I recently got Action Replay (don't hit me >_:

Ah, and in Pokemon Gale of Darkness, I used my one Masterball to catch a Mawhile.. instead of the darn Shadow Lugia T__T; I was sooo mad, my Umbreon and Delcatty has made it's HP 1% an still none of my pokeballs or anything worked to catch it :\ I had to restart the game 'cause I saved it before I versed Cyrus.

Hmmm...
My biggest mistake was beating pokemon Yellow (and having a lvl 100 Pikachu) and then letting my sister start a new game 'cause Silver and Gold came out. She saved her game... 5 minutes before I found out about the time machine trade!

Edit: Another isn't mine- but my sisters. She caught a shiny pokemon (zubat) and then started a new game and Saved! I cant remember what version she was on, but she didnt realize her mistake until she saw the normal zubats lol.

Another one (mine) was trying to capture a trainers pokemon (Dragonite from Lance I believe) the attempt failed and I said 'oh yeah? Lets see you avoid my MASTER BALL!!!' sadly, I lost my master ball and realized that, no, you cannot catch an E4s pokemon... so I went out and tried again on a non-E4. That went very, very well.

Since it's still alive....

Every so often in battle I have a moment so epically stupid I wonder what in the world was thinking. I had such a moment a few days ago when I tried to Earthquake a Rotom....three times. I completely forgot it was levitating.

The attack missed twice because my accuracy had been lowered and I figured that was the problem. Yeah....