• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your most forgettable Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucario...Mew...Dialga...Pikachu...

Just some of the more memorable Pokemon to grace the roster of 493. However, while some die-hard Pokefans can probably name all the Pokemon and in numerical order as well, I'm sure some of us have often had a tendency to look over some species to the point that they may even be forgotten from the very list.

So I ask you, Have you ever forgotten a certain Pokemon existed?

For me there are probably two species that come to mind.(rather were reminded, as recently, I have actually forgotten their very existence.)

Clamperl is one of them. I honestly have never bothered to think about this Pokemon, or whatever moves it carried. Gorebyss and Hunttail are a bit more memorable. But I swear, I really did almost forget what a Clamperl was until it flashed by on the Pokedex Search toolbar.

The other Pokemon is Heatran. Now while its pretty weird of me to forget a Legendary, its probably that I've never really bothered to count it as such. For one thing, Heatran came with a whole bunch of Legendaries in Gen 4 and for me, he was the most forgettable of the lot. For another, its the sheer randomness of Heatran's existence. It is the only legendary thus far to be randomly available in one of the two genders. Something like that I suppose should be striking, but for me it sort of furthers my suspicions that its no more legendary than Rotom.

C

Celadon

I was reminded about these pokemon when I was having a look at my Pokedex today.

I usually tend to forget that a certain pokemon named Weedle exists. I have never, ever bothered to train a Weedle, even though most of my friends say that its evolution , Beedril, is quite good (which I highly doubt). The only reason I have caught a Weedle in Leaf Green is to complete my Pokedex.

Another such pokemon is Cherubi. It is so 'rare' that I never managed to catch it, which annoyed me, and which led me to shrug off the fact that the game designers ever made such a pokemon. And now, I hardly remember it.

I occasionally forget that Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, and Sentret exist. It was a shame the first two didn't get evos because I find both rather bland and not because they're considered "weak" Pokemon.

I'm going to have to agree with RX about the Heatran bit. Every other legendary in Sinnoh was tied to something or another Pokemon and Heatran just doesn't. In fact, it really is completely random.

There are also a few Pokemon I wish I could forget existed (Darkrai, I'm looking at you), but meh.

Until I saw it in the battle tower thing on Diamond and Pearl, I had no idea Delibird ever existed. I was really surprised and happy and thought it was amazing and now it's one of my favorite Pokemon so I don't ever forget it anymore. I TRY to forget about Magmortar and Electivire but I cannot...

I guess Sunflora and Sunkern escape me sometimes, even though I've given a Sunkern to an RP character.

And Qwilfish. I try to give him more love than he gets but sadly I don't think about him much...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Though I can name any Pokemon you show me, I almost always forget that Spearow is a Pokemon. I just remembered it today because I was looking through my oooollldddd gen. 1 Pokemon book. XD

I also forget Quagsire at times, due to the fact it looks... too plain. Too blue. x_x

I forget Volbeat and Illumise at times.

Mostly because I haven't seen one in AGES, neither one is in the Pokemon Advanced Handbook, which I find hilarious.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I would probably say that Goldeen and Venonat tend to escape my mind frequently. There are probably one or two others but I forgot :p.

The irony of this topic is that if you tend to forget a Pokemon, then you won't remember it in the first place.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
In all honesty I remember all of them... because you know... XD

However, Volbeat and Illumise are only on the very edge of memory... because I dislike them so very much. They annoy me, and so I do my very best to forget them.

I used to always forget that Octillery existed. For some reason I used to always forget that Remoraids evolved (probably because I never saw an Octillery in G/S/C). They seemed like a stand alone. It wasn't until Diamond that I came across them and now I think they're pretty cool.

Bah, Quilfish. That's one I've forgotten. Or get really messed up with Remoraid and Octillery, it doesn't make sense why a little fish turns into an octopus... but neither does a puffer fish -> octopus. -_-;
And a lot of the random Shinnoh ones, because I've managed to loose my DS and haven't been able to play D/P. And the fact that you don't need to catch them to complete the original Shinnoh dex, I'll remember them better because I usually end up giving them nicknames. Yeah.​

I always forget Sunkern, I like it and thing it's cool, but it just never seemed to stick in my brain. Also, Shuckle and Corsola are cool, but they aren't very significant. I love the 2nd generation, but it is so random. Oh yeah, Hoppip too.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Lumineon I find to be the most forgettable Pokemon right now. The other seemingly forgettable Pokemon I find I always remember because people find them forgettable, and I feel that those Pokemon deserve more recognition (Qwilfish especially.) Lumineon just seems like a Seaking rip-off, and Seaking was hardly memorable - at least the other forgettable Pokemon are actually quite unique, such as Farfetch'd and Dunsparce.

Delibird probably comes a close second, since although it is unique, I don't consider it a particularly interesting Pokemon at all.

I'd have to say Delicatty because I favor Skitty. Skitty was May's Wobuffet, but Delicatty is just a prissy excuse for a cat Pokemon.

I don't even have Delicatty in my 'Dex, so that helps.

Just last week I was in school, kind of bored during lunch, so I started thinking about G/S/C. I was starting to think hard about the... um... "path" through the game, when I started to realize that I really don't remember a quarter of the Johto Pokemon. Guess it's been too long since I've played those versions...

Anyways, this topic reminded me of three Pokemon that I didn't realize existed until I looked at it: Shuckle, Quilfish, and Sunkern. The only reason I ever remember them is because of you guys saying you forgot them in this topic. Maybe I'll have to play one of those games soon...

I pretty much have forgotten all of the Johto Pokemon(except for starters & legendaries, of course). My Pokemon Crystal copy has been tucked away in a cabinet since 2002 (after I beat Red on Mt.Silver) since there wasn't much else to do on it. This topic has inspired me to pull it out along with my Game Boy and start playing again!

Actually, Shuckle has a base stat of 230 in both defense and special defense, which makes it a very powerful wall or special wall. But then again, its other stats are below 30.

Oh yeah, Hoothoot is on the very edge of memory.

Shame I can't forget Probopass or any of those other horrid Evos that I can't remember their names XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As the running joke goes, Sunkern is one of my most forgettable Pokemon. Or at least, it was. There's just not much about it that stands out for any reason. But still... since getting PBR and battling in the baby cup tournament, I've been seeing the likes of Sunkern a lot more and thus remembering the thing actually exists :p

Let's see... I think there's actually a handful of Pokemon I don't recall offhand when going through lists, but usually I'll remember them all at some point so I view their forgettable-ness as equal. Most of them are indeed Water-types like Clamperl, Qwilfish, Mantyke (just Mantyke) and Lumineon, but then there's Grass-types like Cherubi and Tangela that may not automatically spring to mind. It's not because I overly dislike them either... It's just that we have so many of 'em and it's easier to recall the ones I actually favour :p

Whenever I'm playing a new game on D/P an get to Crasher Wake's gym, and battle some guy with a Wingull, I keep forgetting they exist. They're cute, but I never seem to run into them. (Whereas on the contrary they pissed the hell out of me in Ruby.) The other one is Hippopotas as I could never find one, and kind of lost it in my mind.

Lumineon. I always find myself looking for it on D/P when I start a new game because its always the last Poke I see...(not including the Legendary of the other version)

Qwilfish. Even in G/S/C only like 2 people had a Qwilfish. How saddening.

I was playing my Diamond the other day. I was looking at my Pokedex and was looking for Pokemon to catch. As I was in the Johto section, I passed by Pineco and I said, "Oh, yeah! Pineco! I totally forgot it existed!"

I forgot a good majority of the Johto Pokemon, so I won't list them all :p
There's also Spiritomb, Gulpin, and Torkal.

i always seem to forget that most of the kanto or even hoehn (since i have diamond now awaiting platinum). today i just felt like playing emerald and in the pokedex i found a pokemon called lovedisc i looked at it and it looks like a flattend heart. come to think of it none of the people on the mianland have a lovedisc only the double battles with the couples on the water routes.

ps platinum comes out in 4 days ;D yay

For some odd reason, my most forgettable Pokemon is Barboach. Every time I see it in my Pokedex, I'm thinking Oh yeah... I totally downright forgot that Pokemon even existed!

-_- i totally forgot abought dunsparce no evo I really didnt care at all and though oh yeah when a bunch appeard in pearl...and Guplin 0_0

I completely forgot about Sentret, had to look it up to remember. I think I forgot about a bunch of Johto Pokemon, probably because I wasn't into G/S/C as much as the other seasons.

Rattata, Mankey, Dunsparce... Illumise and Volbeat were a some. Of course there are more, I have a tendancy to forget about Pokemon I don't have to evolve. Simply because they just sit in my boxes for thier whole lives.

now some of theese are just sad hoppip or what ever celibi(not a joke) Jhychai(lol used to be my fav) Murkrow golath and it's evloved frome pettry much the entire 3rd gen sad right? al lot of the 4th gen ans 1 + 2 gen (i stopped playing for like 2 years LOL)

yeah jumpluff was it what? Three different sets of games? One of which was actually really annoying to me (Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness *cringe*) then he was in G/S/C and FR/LG that was about it, I guess we have better Grass and Flying types, wait.... does anyone use Tropius anyway?

But for me it was Diglett and Nidoran, they didn't show up very often, I mean I would've loved to see Nidoran in like, I dunno, like R/S/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.