• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your First Pokemon

pikachu was the first pokemon i ever seen and it was funny, but now i don't like pikachu anymore, i like munchlax and gallade

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... Not only you completely missed the point of the thread, you're also using multiple colors, have no grasp of the English language, and your post annoyed me to the point of deeming you beyond help.

BEGONE, SPAWN OF SPAM!

Ooh, nice thread topic! As I owned Blue first, I was pretty fond when my 'cute turtle' turned into Wartortle. But then I found it, quite possibly the cutest thing ever to be in pixels in front of my face.

Sandshrew.

It was, just so cute! I remember in school giving somebody a Little Debbie snack for their Sandshrew card once the cards started popping up everywhere. And of course, it evolved into the most coolest thing I had seen at my young age.

Sandslash!

And of course, I had to get his card, but by then I was an avid collector, easily trading my way to get it. Those two were really the clinchers for getting me hooked to Poke'mon. He was just SO cool, all those spikes and those big ol' claws. Not to mention my big brother couldn't catch it, oh no, he was stuck with Ekans and/or Arbok, having Red version. Just having something my brother didn't was enough to make me fall in love with it.

I had a Sandshrew keychain til' about three months ago, where I passed it down to a new-age Poke'fan, determined on teaching her the ways of 1st and 2nd generations. She's only like, 7, but I'll get through to her. I may even treat her to FireRed for Christmas.​

Well my grandma bought me a pack of cards, and the first two to pop out were Pidgeotto and Arcanine :3. So those guys kinda pulled me in. Then I started watching the anmie and Brock's Onix was wayy cool in my little kid mind so yea xD.

Honestly the first time i saw pokemon i thought it was dumb but i never will forget the pokemon i saw (on tv) ponyta.

Later that week my friend came over and he had red version and i thought oooh that looks like an awesome game not realizing it went along with the show i saw earlier. i bought blue version. My friend had come over a few times more and he offered to trade me a ponyta of all things...

Although this is the main story i fell in love with fire pokemon flareon, ponyta, and charmander were the first three that caught my eye in the sticker book my friend had.

Charizard has been my favorite, right from the start - Actually, there's quite a few others from generation 1 that I fell in love with when I first got into pokémon - Golduck, Pidgeot, Bulbasaur... but Charizard was always my favorite...

Happy New Year btw ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I got into the series just a bit late. so i would say the totodile line. but probably because i didn't get to catch much other pokémon since things happened (my friend sold me his silver version and then stole it back to sell to a higher bidder without giving me back my money)

I can't remember, I think it was a Squirtle in Blue or Red, can't remember. =/

Then it definately was Quilava and Scizor when G/S/C came along =D

(my friend sold me his silver version and then stole it back to sell to a higher bidder without giving me back my money)

That is unfair. >>
Cheapo.

mines got 2 be Squirtle when he was in the Squirtle Squad. i think that was the 1st episode i saw and after i just wonted to play the game!!! Go Squirtle Squad!

I first saw krabby and loved it. Yep, that's what I said, krabby. My best friend gave me my first few cards, and one was krabby. He's so cool just because he has claws, and scuttles around. I love the move vicegrip, worked so many times for me in silver version.

C

Celadon

The first pokemon I liked was Squirtle. He looked so cute and mischeivous in the Squirtle Squad episode, that I started to watch the anime regularly.

I guess mine was Squirtle. When I first got a pokemon video I was like 5 and it was the episode after Ash and the rest got out of the S.S Ann and was washed up on an island called Pokemon Land or something filled with giant robot pokemon. When I saw Squirtle I fell in love with the cuteness.

Truth is I think it was Krabby... X-X Either him or Vulpix, I can't remember. My friend showed them to me when I was little and I don't know but I became really interested in them... And then after that I found Houndour... And then Poochyena but I really think it was Krabby that got me into it...

X-X And I really don't know why... I didn't think Krabby was cool, pretty, or cute... And I loved foxes and dogs... But I don't like crabs at all.

I'd have to say that Blastoise got me interested in the series. I remember being too young to have any sense of morality and picking up the Pokemon Blue box at Funkoland, exclaiming to my mother about the badass turtle with cannons. I don't think I actually used profanity to describe him, however, when I was around five.

Coincidentally, I had just recently gotten a Gameboy Color. Therefore, my mother agreed to purchase the game for me- even though I had no idea in the world what it was. Put simply, after ten minutes of playing it, I was in love. Little animal-like critters running around for me to catch.. and it included cartoon violence!

I was at the destruction age.

So yes, Blastoise and the fact that Pokemon relate to the real world so very well. Also, I want you to know that I couldn't quite read yet. And yes, I did learn to read through video games and not books. Pokemon and Zelda ftw!

Charizard. In the store, me and my mom were in the video game aisle and we saw the copies of Pokemon Red & Blue. Seeing that kickass lizard made me immediately exclaim and spend some hard-earned allowance. And I did not regret it.

It was Clefable.

I remember that my friend was really into Pokemon back in the day, and she was explaining it to me. Then, she gave me one of those cardboard-paper cards with Clefable on it. I fell in love with Pokemon ever since then.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hnn. Tough question to answer - as I'm not sure I even have an answer for it. It wasn't a single creature design that got me into PokéMon at first - rather, it was the games as a whole. But as soon as I got into the games my mind started developing things for certain creatures - Most of which are still favorites of mine. I could list them, but that's one hell of a list, and kinda beating the thread's purpose here. ^^;

Venusaur. :) When I first saw the Fire Red and Leaf Green game boxes, Leaf Green REALLY caught my eye. And, on the cover of Leaf Green is no other then Venusaur! ;D So I absolutley fell in love with Venusaur, and of course, I picked Bulbusaur as my starter. And that's when I fell in love with Grass-type starters. Every single Pokemon game i've played, i've always picked the grass-type.(especially Chikorita, my personal favourite :) ) Anyway, once I found out about Pokemon, I reasearched and looked back on the older games, and tried those out too. (that's when I fell in love with Chikorita) But what really kept me hooked on the series, was the release of Ruby and Sapphire. And of course, the red, shiny box with the kickass giant dinosaur on the front :p . Anyway, I just loved the layout and new Pokemon in the game. Once I had grown a full knowledge of Pokemon, I would check all the time to see if there was a new release on the way - and then Diamond and Pearl came along. The graphics, Pokemon, and features blew my mind, so I had to pick it up. And that is the story of how I got into Pokemon, and which Pokemon did it. :)

The one that got me hooked is bulbasaur, Ash's 1st grass type. Bulbasaur was so cool because he was very versatile and I'ma whore for green!!!

Well, to be honest i fell in love with miltank. It was so cool and that got me hooked fast. When i finally caught me a miltank I was jumping up and down yelling" YES, I CAUGHT ME A MILTANK!" To this day I Always have a miltank on my team no matter what happens, thats even if I have to cheat>.

I'd have to say it was either Farfetch'd or Eevee. Farfetch'd is original, detailed, and has its own unique personality. Eevee, on the other hand, is cute, and nearly all Pokemon Trainers hold it in high regard. It's very hard to remember which one I fell in love with first.

Honestly my first pokemon that got me interested was entai. I was flipping through channels and the pokemon movie was on. I watched it and liked it. Decided to try the games and now I'm addicted!

Honestly my first pokemon that got me interested was entai. I was flipping through channels and the pokemon movie was on. I watched it and liked it. Decided to try the games and now I'm addicted!
nice story ^^
got the same story some weeks ago with Darkrai XD
exept: i already was addicted and i already had seen him in a game

The first time I had ever seen a Pokemon game was in 5th grade, and a boy was playing Blue, and had just started with Squirtle. He even let me fight a random battle since I was so interested. I thought it was fun, but I didn't actually get really excited until closer to Christmas.

For Christmas I got a GameBoy Color set offer that came with Pokemon Yellow. From that moment, I fell in love with Pikachu, and Pokemon. He was my bestest buddy, following me everywhere and gradually learning to trust and like me.

I've since lost some of the love for Pikachu, mainly because I like so many others, but Pikachu is still the one who really got me into Pokemon.

This takes me back many a year to when my firends and i went shoppiing for either red or blue. However all the shops in Colchester had sold out but one shop had imported yellow, happy days. Therefore my first ever pokemon was in fact pikachu. :) Since then i have bought at least one title from each generation and absolutly love the games.

Well, my friend/neighbor got into 'em before me... waaay back when Red and Blue was all they had. And Lunchables had these little cardboard "Pokemon Cards" printed on the backs of the boxes, where you could cut them out and collect them all...

And my friend had a whole bunch. I was unimpressed, until I was looking through them and saw Articuno. It was so pretty; I fell in love and instantly realized that Pokemon could, in fact, be an awesome thing.
Then Persian became my favorite, 'cause... kitty!

Back when I was a wee little boy raised on the anime, the Pokemon that stood out to me was the Poli line. Maybe it was because Poliwhirl was blue and had a bitchslap.

The other lesser 'Mons that caught my attention were the Charmander, Horsea and Pidgey lines. Charmander line because I had an awesome holographic 100 HP (or was it 120?) Charizard card.

Kingdra's the whole reason I love the Horsea line.

Pidgey line because of the episode "Fly Me to the Moon", and because Pidgeot can fly at Mach 1 with awesome flowing head feathers.

Nothing reallt got me into Pokemon. I mean, I have loved Pokemon for as long as I can remember. (Since it came out, I was like 2?) What had happened, was I thought they were so cute!

Then I got into the cards, and I still am mad at my mother for throwing them away- I could have got some serious bucks for them later! So my little brother got into it. I've always loved Pokemon, I watched the show, collected the cards... but it got kind of old. I got a gameboy, but I didn't know there were Pokemon games. So, the Pokemon flame kinda died for me there.

Next, I asked for a Hamtaro game for my 10th birthday (Member, you memeber? The cute little anime rodent? Yeah.) Well, she went to the store and they didn't have it. So she bought me Pokemon Fire Red instead. I was thrilled. Even though I didn't know what you did, I was happy to get my own cute little Pokemon.

Well, one thing led to another and I ended up spending my Birthday money on Pokemon Ruby, mainly so I could get a Torchic. I never beat the games for a long time. I ended up buying Sapphire, Leaf Green, Emerald and the Spin-offs, so I could experience more Pokemon. What got me hooked, was just how much you could do. I was occupied for eternity! Contests, battles, breeding... and after DPPt came out, it just added to the fun. Now I am hooked for life, and I am praying for a GSC remake ASAP so I can experience Johto.