• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Wolfborn: School of Powers — Year 2

(I know this is a copy of my last post, but I needed something to put on this thread)
This a continuation of the Wolfborn Year 1 RP. Please refer to that for any posts prior to this one.

Syn decided not to hold too much of a grudge on this dude, and he said, “It’s fine, I was only a little startled.”
He didn’t introduce himself on purpose, so as not to be too openly friendly towards the newcomer.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Slack entered throught the gate, greeted by the head misstress "um .. " he quietly said, before he waved, so he entered and got all his stuff, dorm room, locker room, keys, the usual "this will be my first year here.. i hope no one bothers me" he thought before going to his dorm

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Brian walked up to the doors of Wolfborn and gave a sigh. "Much better than being on a island, right buddy?" He joked, talking to his pet, Bug. The small phoenix gave a happy chirp before flying into the school, Brian following behind him. Bug landed on the table that Poppy, Delphi, Ludovica and Komodo were. "Hey Delphi! I don't think I've met you three before, I'm Brian!" The boy introduced himself with a smile on his face.

Syn replied in an obviously annoyed voice, almost forgetting that he was in disguise (he was still very used to being himself around his friends from last year), “I was in your class last year, don’t you remember me?” Then, realizing the mistake he had made (but also remembering that Poppy was indeed in their class last year), he continued in a more pleasant, nicer tone, “My name is Poppy. Nice to meet you again, Brian.”

OOC: I’m not posting again until Ember Wolf, Astrapi, and Shadow_Pup post in order to give them time to catch up on the conversation. Most likely at least, unless something big happens and I have to post.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi smiled at Brian. “Hey, nice to see you again.” She looked to Komodo and said. “Hey there. I’m Delphi and this is.. Poppy” she looked at the Phoenix and smiled. “This one yours?” She asked Komodo.

(OC: Sorry for such a short post, it’s late and my phone is about to die)

“I’m in all the good classes at the beginning of the day,” replied Syn, “I have Attack And Defense, Creature Tending/Taming, Gardening, Power Casting, English and Mythical Languages, then Science of the Magical World, and last but not least, swimming. What classes do you have?”

Dead account

After getting his classes, Slack spent a while trying to find his class "attack and defense.. where is that......" he quietly mumbled before finally looking and seeing the class, "guess i'm first" he thought, sitting down

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
"I have Attack & Defense first, Power Casting next, Then Gardening, and then Creature tending/taming, Science of the Magical World, English & Mythical languages, then Swimming last. We're in some classes together." Komodo replied.

@Shadow_Pup, @GalacticDeg, @Red Gallade are any of going to post, or are you quitting?

Syn wasn’t sure about how he felt with having a literal dragon in half of his classes. It was a little odd, and he was tempted to ask what his powers were (sarcastically), but felt that would be rude, so instead, all he said was, “Let’s go to the arcade while we wait. That’s always a good way to start the year!”

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"No problem?" He said witha questioning tone. Hearing how Poppy was talking, it reminded him of someone from the previous year. "I go see the classes again, see you all in a bit!" Brian said to the three before leaving, while Bug started to chirp to Delphi before following Brian. He arrived at Attack and Defense, and already saw a student there. "Hey, I don't think you were here last year, my name is Brian!" He introduced himself before sitting down.

Last edited:

Dead account

Slack noticed the other student "Slack, Slack Speed" he said before peaving the class "classes begin tomorrow, since this is the first day" he continued before leaving to his dorm, taking his Nintendo switch out to play persona 5

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi smiled. “Looks like I have nearly the same classes as you, Poppy, except Science and Mythical language, I have those the other way around. And yes, I think we should go to the arcade.” She said, getting up and tucking her chair in, waiting for the others.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Okay then Slack, see ya later!" Brian said before leaving with Bug perched on his shoulder. "Well that didn't take long..." He said to himself before going back to the others. "I'm fine with going to the arcade, I don't think I've been last year." Brian told the others.

Syn got up, mimicking Delphi as best he could, and began to walk towards the arcade. “Maybe they’ve added new games over break,” Syn said, then throwing some smack talk, “I think that might be the only way any of you could possibly beat me in the arcade.”

When Syn got the arcade, he immediately got some tokens and went towards the nearest (good single player, since nobody else has arrived yet) game. It turned out to be Pac-Man, and within minutes, Syn was practically one with the game. He had given himself extra hands in order to play more efficiently, and had already reached level 4.

Last edited:

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Komodo smiled, then flew up and melted into a shadow. This was much faster. Once he reached the arcade, he noticed a ton of games he had never played. He saw an SNES station. "Super Metroid? What's this?" He questioned. Someone had paused the game. He unpaused it and quickly learned how to jump, run and shoot. He fell into a room and encountered a purple boss dragon known as Ridley. During the battle, Blaze continually gave chirps of encouragement. After destroying him, he paused the game, looked up, and noticed the others watching. "Hey, guys." He said.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi walked into the arcade after Syn and went straight to the crossy road game. She was on the leaderboard, with 202 points, just behind the leader, with 219 points. She inserted tokens for both the duck player and the chicken, so she had a dual chance, and started playing, concentrating on every movement each vehicle or obstacle made, and jumping just when she needed to. She'd been playing for about ten minutes. The duck was killed off pretty quickly by a train she didn't see until too late, but the chicken was still going. 198, 199, 200. Her score went up slowly but high, until she was at 219, matching the leader. The obstacles were quicker and less noticeable now, and any sudden moves and she would lose her high score. She took four more steps over a road. 220, 221, 222, 223. She was at the top now. She moved a few spaces to a safe spot, and when Komodo said "Hey guys" she looked up. "Hey Komodo." Without noticing, her hand slipped and pressed the jump button, and she was splatted by an obstacle. She turned to the machine. "Aww, nuts. At least I beat my score." She muttered, watching as 229 yellow tickets came out of the machine, piling onto the floor. After they'd all been dispensed, she picked them up and folded them into strips, them walked over to 'Poppy', watching as she played Pac-man.

Syn’s highscore last year had been a humble 1216530. The world record was a 3333360, which was made by someone who didn’t even have special powers, so Syn was determined to tie it someday, and he knew he could (you can’t actually beat it, because it is the highest possible score). Right now, however, he was focused on beating the top of the leaderboard, which wasn’t actually him, but was some 4th year he didn’t know with a 2001348. Syn was barely outpacing the ghosts at level 120 when he reached a score of 1834927. He did end up dying, however, because he went for a fruit when he should’ve played it safe, his hands were getting sweaty by then and he wasn’t quite thinking properly. He was somewhat satisfied with beating his highscore last year, however, and he did end up getting second place.

When he went to type in his name in the leaderboard, out of instinct, he typed SYN. Then, he realized what he had done before it was too late. He decided not to worry too much over it, however, since he doubted anybody would notice (he thought most people would figure it was from last year and not a new score). Instead of worrying, he turned around (after ungrowing his arms), noticed Delphi watching him, and said, “Wanna do a game together? Maybe air hockey or a racing game?”

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi smiled, putting the tickets into her pockets. “Sure, I’d like a game of air hockey. Maybe we can do both” she said, walking over to the air hockey machine. She put a pound in and the air turned on, and a small disc came out of one of the holes. She put it down on the table and picked up one of the strikers, waiting for her friend. “Congrats on getting such a high score on PAC-man. I can hardly make it past level 10” she joked.

While picking up the air hockey hand-thingy (not really sure what to call it), Syn replied to Delphi’s compliment, saying, “Well, it takes a lot of practice. I did it quite a lot last year before...” then he continued a little more under his breath, so that only Delphi could hear, “... well, you know.”

Syn started with the puck, hitting it as hard as he could with his handguard (decided that was the best word for it). It flew towards Delphi’s goal at high speeds, as Syn quickly moved his hand back to a position in front of his own goal where he could react and protect his goal quickly depending on where (or if) Delphi hit the puck.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi’s striker hit the puck hard just before it could enter her goal, and it was sent bouncing of the sides of the table rather quickly. “I can tell. Pac-Man takes a lot of practice.” She said, adding silently so only Syn could hear; “I need to show you something later, meet me in the field tonight.”

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Brian walked in the arcade and took it all in. "How have I not been here last year?" The astonished boy said. He walked over to Komodo playing Super Metroid, as Bug gave a happy chirp to Blaze. "Nice, you beat Ridley!" Brian congratulated Komodo. After, he walked over to a different SNES station and loaded Kirby Super Star. Brian then cloned himself into two. The clone gave a small wave to his double, as he couldn't speak, and picked up one of the controllers, while Brian picked up the other. He opened the sub-game "The Great Cave Offensive", hoping to get the maximum point total of 9999990.

Syn quickly caught the puck under his striker by slamming it down on the table right on top of the puck as hard as he could. Then, he said, “After the party?”
Then, he was reminded of the party. Checking his watch quickly, he saw that he saw about 3 hours left until the party, and said, “Wow, time really does fly when you’re having fun. We only have 3 hours until we have to go...”
Once he was done talking, he kept playing, hitting the puck back to Delphi.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi nodded. "After the party" She didn't notice the puck speeding towards her goal until too late, and it went into her goal. She smiled, taking it out of her goal and back onto the table, hitting it back to 'Poppy'. "I almost forgot we had one today"

Syn hit the puck back once more, but it went towards the wall and not the goal. When it hit the wall, it bounced back rather quickly and unpredicatably, and it managed to find its way into Syn’s goal. It was 1-1, and the game announced, “Match Point!”

Syn pulled it out of the goal and put it back on the table, hitting it towards Delphi’s goal one more time, hoping he could end the game right there.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi’s hand moved just a fraction too late, and the puck entered her goal before she could bat it away. The air turned off, and the puck had disappeared, signalling that the game was over. Delphi smiled. “Whelp, guess you won. Well done.” She put the striker back into the holder, then said. “So, what would you like to play now?”

“What do you want to do?” Syn inquired as the game beeped and turned off. He wasn’t really sure what to do. Looking around the arcade, he could see every arcade game imaginable, along with some games that weren’t even normally arcade games.

Meanwhile, Nik decided that he he was going to go for a walk. (because @Shadow_Pup posted on the RP and then never continued to post)

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi looked around the arcade. "Hmm, what about Fruit Ninja? I love that game." She walked over to the machine, waiting for Syn.

Cliff got up after Nik. "Mind if I tag along?" He asked his friend.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Komodo watched Brian venture through the Great Cave offensive and encounter a strange whale. "Now, what is this party every one is taking about?" He asked.

Syn followed Delphi over to fruit ninja and said, “You could go first and we could take turns seeing who can get the best score.”

He quickly checked his watch and saw that it was almost an hour away from when they should get going, so he said, “It looks like this will have to be our last game though. At least, for today.”
—————————————————————————————————————————————
Nik said yes to Cliff and walked outside. It was a beautiful day, with lots of birds and bright green grass. He even thought for a second that is was enchanted, laughing at the idea. Then he remembered he was in Wolfborn and it probably was enchanted.

OOC: Sorry the time doesn’t make sense, but we couldn’t spend 4 hours in an arcade. The RP would get really boring.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi nodded, smiling. She put a pound in and took her go, pretty much just sliding her hands all over the screen with no real tactic , except avoiding the bombs of course. The game ended and she was left with a score of 4843, higher than she had ever gotten. "Good luck" She chuckled to Syn. "The world record is over 14,000 by the way"

“I guess it would be cheating to use multiple arms, wouldn’t it?” Replied Syn. He decided to just go for it normally and didn’t get very far, only getting about 3000. He wasn’t very good at that sort of game, and he said to Delphi, “I guess I can’t beat you at everything... then it would be no fun,” then he continued, after looking down to check the time, “Uh oh, it looks like we have to get going. We only have 5 minutes to get across the whole castle to the cafeteria, where the party is.”

OOC: Once again, I’m sorry for time being a little weird, but I didn’t want to be sitting in the arcade forever, because I was afraid the roleplay would get stale and die.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi nodded. "Lets go then" She walked over to the arcade doors, opening them and waiting for her friend. She wondered what the party would be like, and whether her old friends would be there.

Cliff looked at his watch. "Hey, Nik, we should probably get going, its time for the party"

Syn followed Delphi outside and then turned into a dragon to fly across the school and arrive at the cafe. He wasn’t really sure if flying around the school like that was allowed, but he didn’t care. When he got to the cafe, he saw a few people from last year, and he also saw a few teachers he recognized. At the same time, there were many new teachers and students there, just like the headmistress had said.

Speaking of the headmistress, she was just walking up to a microphone to give some announcements and began speaking just as Syn was taking a seat, “As you can see, there are many new students and faculty here this year, please give them a warm Wolfborn welcome! Now, before we get into the upcoming news and events, we have some rules to share with all of the students which are different from last years rules, following some... unfortunate events. First off, students in the Gorgon house will be barred from all creature taming classes, and will instead be required to go to extra power control classes. The curfew will be 1 hour earlier, at 9:00 instead of 10:00. Also, no students are permitted to leave school grounds without permission from the student council and myself, even over break. Ok, now that we have set down some new rules, it’s time to get into the fun stuff. New students this year will be obtaining their house assignments by mail sometime this week. As second year students, you are all permitted to participate in student council, sports teams, and other clubs. Co-Ed cross country, the first sports team to have its tryouts, will hold them this upcoming Friday. Soon after that, there will be tryouts for girls’ tennis, volleyball, and golf. For the next two weeks, all students are allowed to campaign for student council, and then, we will all vote on it. Now that I have made all of my announcements, I encourage you all to go meet other people, especially your new teachers. Have fun at the party!”

Nik walked in just after she had said all of this, but already knew it all anyway thanks to his abilities. He decided to sit down at a table in the corner with some food for dinner, and not to socialize like the headmistress had told him to.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Komodo saw the others head to the cafe so he shadowshifted to where the others were, Blaze follwing close behind. The headmistress gave a long speech about upcoming events and other things. He realized what the party was about, *finally*, and began to chat with Delphi and Poppy. "So, have I shown you any of my powers yet?" He asked them.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi was a little angered by the fact that the Headmistress would say that people in the Gorgon house would have more limits, but she managed to take it off her mind. However she was still a little nervous for Syn, so she said. "Poppy, what house are you in?" She looked to Komodo. "No, I don't think you have"

“No, I haven’t seen any of your powers,” replied Syn (Poppy), only imagining what sort of powers a literal dragon that walks on two legs would have. It might have been a little mean for him to just assume that Komodo had fire breathing powers, so he continued and said, “My powers are shape shifting, but I can’t turn into much.”

He also replied to Delphi, saying, “Luckily (or maybe unluckily, he wasn’t sure yet), I’m in Unicorn House.”

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Komodo shrugged. "I'm not your typical dragon, but sometimes I do breathe fire. My main power, however, is plasma. I can also melt into shadows, completely unnoticed." He looked at his acceptance letter. "I'm in Phoenix house." He added.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi nodded. "Im a shapeshifter, sort of like Poppy, but mainly just creatures." She gave a short, relived glance at Syn, then added "Im in Hydra"

Cliff walked over to Nik and sat down on his table. "Soo..." His feet shifted uncomfortably.

Syn decided that he might have to leave (after all, he wanted to fly back to his cave and sleep in his own bed, not ‘Poppy’s bed) a bit early so that nobody saw him go, and this seemed like a good opportunity. So, Syn replied to Komodo, saying, “Those powers sound really useful,” then, faking a yawn, he said, “I’m getting a little tired, so I think I’ll head back to my dorm. See you tomorrow!”
Syn quickly exited the cafe and began to walk towards the outskirts of the castle.

Nik, who was also getting tired of the awkward silence between him and cliff (it seemed they just didn’t have anything to talk about), was about to suggest that they play a game when he couldn’t help but notice someone leave the cafe alone early, quite early in fact, so early that they were the first to leave. It was Poppy, which really puzzled him, because he had always seen Poppy being very social last year. He was a little curious as to why she was leaving, so he said to Cliff, “Excuse me for a second, I wanna go check something out,” and he went outside. As he watched her from a distance, he noticed that she wasn’t walking towards the dorms, which only made him more confused.