• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Why dreams shouldn't come true

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wasn't sure where to post this. It's kind of a rant ^^;

We always talk about how cool it would be if our dreams were real, right? Like if there were real live Pokemon, dragons, and other mythical creatures (not that there's not... ;)), or if we could have super powers/magic powers, etc, etc. But then I started thinking... What about all the bad dreams we have? The nightmares with monsters/murderers chasing us down and ripping us apart, or natural disasters that devastate the entire planet. The Moon/Asteroids/meteorites hitting the planet is one I tend to have... Very scary and vividly I might add.

Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer even. If their world really was our world you could be torn to shreds at any moment. Yeah, in their world magic exists (which is totally awesome), but so many people die every day... You could be one of them :twisted:

I guess this topic was inspired by a couple of twisted dreams I had this morning. First was about a girl who'd snapped and was quietly killing everyone around her (tried to stick a piece of glass through my stomach for that matter). The second was like a "Nightmare on Elm Street" rip-off, with this demon (very Freddie-ish) who'd become obsessed with this one girl (Lindsay Lohan, believe it or not) and was killing everyone who came in contact with her... Very graphically, too. It was like a Freddie movie without the comedy (*gasps*) and the worst part of Freddie of course is the fact that most people can't see him... In the dream only that one girl could, and she basically had to watch in fear as he killed one person after the other.

So, anyways... Have any of you guys ever considered that before; that having some of our dreams come true could also have dangerous consequences? I don't just mean actual "dreams" either, I mean if we actually could live in some of these RPG/Anime/TV worlds we love. Even Pokemon would be more dangerous in reality than it appears in the games/anime.

Thoughts? Comments? Curses?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Raichu said:
Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer even. If their world really was our world you could be torn to shreds at any moment. Yeah, in their world magic exists (which is totally awesome), but so many people die every day... You could be one of them :twisted:

Nu-uh - i'd be a bad ass Slayer dude kicking arse.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
So Gary saying 'dude' is just ignored, then, eh?

If dreams were real... I'd be in hospital right now, I've fallen off cliffs, narrowly avoided falling into a volcano, instead hitting the scorching rock near the lava, I've accidently shot Bill Gates..... hold on, that last one wasn't so bad.

Its like what'd happen if it was Christmas every day.

If dreams were real, I'd have drowned in Jello and cement simultaneously, been almost eaten by rabid Houndooms, been shown affection from ex-rabid Houndooms, and I would be in California or in a car almost every day of my life. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
So Gary saying 'dude' is just ignored, then, eh?

Gary knows there aren't any male Slayers, though. It goes against the whole Slayer code! Thus I conclude, he's a woman :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There CAN be male slayers. If you'll remember, the end of series 7 gave every potential in the world the power of the Slayer. You'll also recall that it was only females chosen for this role because they were seen as expendable...

With Willow essentially breaking the spell they originally cast to give every potential the power - there is no reason that the spell binding the gender specifics couldn't have been broken down too.

Plus, if you don't buy that made up on the spot explanation, I refer you to Demon Hunters as a replacement for Slayer - though Slayer sounds way cooler...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's a legacy - "she alone", not he. Even if Will broke the binding, it still couldn't leap genders if there were no potential males to begin with. I doubt Joss would like the idea of a male Slayers either ;)

But yeah, demon hunter works... If you lived long enough to become one ^^

Man you guys dream of the weirdest things. The only thing I can actually remember as having a dream of was a beach party in Hawai'i, so my dreams being reality would be sweet.

Oh, and if I dream of Gary as a woman I blame you *points appendages at Raichu*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
... I'm extremely worried that you said 'appendages' in the same sentance as 'dreaming', 'Gary' and 'as a woman'...

*runs away*