• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who do you want to be President of America after November?

Bush, Kerry or Good ol' Ralph?

• Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kerry

• Nader (And any others that so arn't going to win)

• Doctor Oak

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The overall majority of us here may not be American (one of the few Pokemon sites on the net than can say that) but we will all be affected in some way with November's result. More to the point, most of us will be quite interested in the result and will more than likely have already decided who they want or don't want.

Please explain your reasons as much as possible when voting and expect my reply to come somewhere down the line.

Only in the long run will the result of the election be felt.

If Kerry gets in there is no chance he will drop the war on terror, it's almost an impossibilty to about face that sharply.

The real difference is tax and such to the American people.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I vote Doctor Oak, mainly because I think he would be the bestest president of all time. Yes, I said bestest. What? What do you mean its not a word? I'LL GIVE YOU NOT A WORD!

I have to say that I want Kerry to win. Bush has killed our economy and gone about the war in a totally wrong way, among so many other things that will ultimately screw America over. Good lord, what is our legislature doing...?

Pity you didn't put an "other" option, Doctor Oak, 'cause I'm for Cthulu for president. Kerry's just a second choice. *Nods*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
As far as i knew, Nader WAS the 'Other' option. I hadn't heard of any others standing. I'll edit that Nader option to include 'other'.

Bush is so stupid he pronounces 'nuclear' wrong. He killed the US and started the war on Iraq. I am SO rooting for Kerry.

Oakman's my second choice. :p (Get that damn tongue smiley fixed.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't have much of an answer for this topic awhile ago, and truth is I still don't, but could someone post what each candidates stand is for the election (beliefs, changes they 'claim' they'll make, etc.)

After the latest Canadian election I can't be bothered with keeping up with politics in the media, especially when it's an American election. Personally, I think neither Bush or Kerry are going to make a difference... not one that is positive anyways. The people who would be able to do that are always the ones who get shadowed by the big guys.

I always wonder "how can we vote for these people when they personally attack eachother like children?", and while I'm not 100% sure if this is the case for this election I have a hunch it is. That's basically all Canada's was: the Liberals and the Conservatives battering each other back and forth to the point that you either vote just to get it over with or voted for one just so the other wouldn't win. It was a sham, utterly ridiculous, and proved just how ignorant our politics are - as well as my fellow Canadians.

If our leaders are so corrupt, how can we expect the world to get any better? :?

Im going to have to vote for our very own Mr Oak since there is not much choice in the others, It would be easier if the question was "Who don't you want to become Pres" Then my choice would be Bush. I'm totally against the whole Iraq thing and i think he is really taking Americas Tolerance backwards in time with this whole "no gay marrage" thing.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the election's tomorrow...

Any last words? :twisted:

Kerry's the lesser evil IMO. No, I'm not just saying that because I dislike Bush, I just don't think a 'puppet' should lead a powerful country like the US. Don't anyone tell me that's not true either.

Bah... In the words of Gary "No matter who wins, we lose" :?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, currently Kerry lies with his main hopes resting on Ohio, as mostly expected. Unfortunately, Kerry's running out of votes to win there too - with Bush currently leading.

Provisional votes etc that'll come in a fortnight later could be applied if it ends up close enough but unless it does, Bush will be President again for the next 4 years.

May the Duck have mercy on us all...

Go, Bush!

I always knew he'd win. Kerry doesn't stand a chance: Bush needs 21 more votes, Kerry needs 53, and we all know Bush is getting those 20 votes from Ohio.

No we'll get four more years worth of "Bushisms" day-to-day calendars!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doesn't stand a chance, eh? That's not how it currently looks to me ;)

If I'm reading this correctly (off cnn.com), Ohio is almost 50-50 on Bush and Kerry (51% Bush, 49% Kerry). Bush has 254 EV, Kerry has 252. Gary was right. This is gonna be pretty damn close.

EDIT: NVM... Seems CNN isn't up to date. According to my mom it's down to the last state, which of course is Ohio.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There are an estimate 150,000 - 250,000 provisional votes that can be cast. Kerry needs upwards of 90% of those to win...

Sorry folks, but it looks like we're going back to war. -_-. Americans are stupid.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alrighty. Since we all know Bushy won I'm unstickifying this topic. I doubt anyone will mind ;)

YAARR! 4 more years! Time to plan the next invasion :twisted:

*Ahem* :roll:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Starting to get there... >>

This is what we call grave digging without a purpose, aka. SPAM. DO NOT drag up old topics if you have nothing worthwhile to add to them. That goes for everyone.

Seviper, consider this a warning. Make your posts count, or don't post at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.