• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which would you be? Team Galatic or Team rocket?

I don't think its fair that Team Aqua and Team Magma aren't in this. After all, they were environmental activists and had a good excuse to be villains. They were Bad Guys for a Cause!

To answer the topic's question, I'd rather be in Team Rocket. Their more wide spread. I'd start as a Grunt, then work my way up. Piece of cake, really.

Anyway, sure, Team Aqua and Magma had a cause, but either one of those plans would've wiped out half the poulation of the earth (humans and Pokemon alike) Humans and water pokemon can't stand a drought, and I'm pretty sure humans and non-water Pokemon are allergic to drowning. I know I am. Team Rocket wants rare Pokemon, and Team Galactic just want's to make the universe a better place for all humans and Pokemon. I'd just take the rare Pokemon. :p

Team Rocket. They were straightforward, not playing into this "for a cause" nonsense. They were actually bad guys. And they were in two generations. That makes them B.A.M.F.s.

Aqua and Magma were secretly led by Al Gore to simulate global warming. That loser has to be stopped.

Even though I think Team Galactic is definitely more evil than Team Rocket and they are my favorite in a sense, I would want to be in Team Rocket. And not because they have cooler uniforms (the black just looks nice). I believe Team Galactic was a cult and Cyrus was warped and had a god-complex. Like I said they're my favorite villains and have the best story but if I had to be in a group it would be Team Rocket.

Aqua and Magma were secretly led by Al Gore to simulate global warming. That loser has to be stopped.

Laughing Out Loud

I would be Team Rocket, hands down. Personally, I thought Cyrus was really preachy, and basically wanted to rule the world. Team Rocket also wants world domination, but at least they work for it. I've always wanted to play as Team Rocket in the games as well.

Even though I think Team Galactic is definitely more evil than Team Rocket and they are my favorite in a sense, I would want to be in Team Rocket. And not because they have cooler uniforms (the black just looks nice). I believe Team Galactic was a cult and Cyrus was warped and had a god-complex. Like I said they're my favorite villains and have the best story but if I had to be in a group it would be Team Rocket.

Yeah..I'd be TR. 'Cuz Glactic was cult-y. I think I'd use an Arbok. Or something like that.

I just don't like how dorky team galactic grunts' hair looked...and they're outfits...
so out of the two, I'd probably be a Team Rocket...probably being the substitute for Giovanni whenever he can't make it to the gym...or at least, I would eventually become that...
though out of all of the villains, I would like to be a Team Aqua grunt/admin...even though team magma has the best outfits

Team Rocket all the way, be teamed up with some random cunning but not quite as much as me, male counter part with a shared Kecleon as our mascot :D

Personal team would be:
Marowak
Psyduck/Golduck
Shiftry
Venomoth
Glameow
The shared Kecleon

Team Rocket, because they're awesome (plus I love Giovanni X3). Also, even though I like Cyrus, it's just...I cant stand Team Galactic's haircuts X_X I would kill myself if I had to follow that uniform code...

hi im new and i saw this post i usually go on pokecommunity and ya im in a gym called the extreme gym have u guys heard of us???anyawy is there like a gym type thing on here we would like to challenge them..... o and rocket is the best its old schol

Team Rocket definitely.

Team Galactic is pretty much limited to Glameow and Purugly, or Stunky and Skuntank.

Team Rocket isn't QUITE as limited. I'd probably use a Weezing, with Levitate and all.

Not only that, but I don't want to be a disposable pawn to some crazy dude named Cyrus with a god-complex who sees humans as naught but tools. *inhales*

Rather be Team Rocket,much cooler uniforms and explosives.I would personally use a team of:
Houndoom/Mightyena
Tyranitar
Marowak/Dugtrio
Weezing/Seviper
Carnivine/Victreebell
Raticate/Beedrill

I think you should all consider this:

Team Rocket was an evil organization secretly plotting to take over the region, the country and eventually the world. They had never really managed to mobilize an actually evil plot until Gen II, and those team rockets were pretty much giovanni fanboys/girls. True, The first Team Rocket infiltrated Silph Co, and invaded Saffron, but they had never actually managed to truly mobilize whatever evil plot they had before being stopped by the hero. Consider Neo Team rocket, who held an entire village of slowpoke hostage, caused a red Gyarados to go on a rampage, and made Pokemon insane by invading the Goldenrod Radio Tower and inducing an evil wave of radio signals.

Then there's Team Galactic (seeing as how Team Aqua and Magma are a lost cause) While Team Rocket secretly plotted and were just beginning their invasion of the Kanto and Johto regions, Team Galactic had already done that. Truth be told, the region of Sinnoh knew, hated and feared Team Galactic. They had established their headquarters in several cities and they were all open to the public. They openly showed their prowess to the citizens of the city and bullied them, stealing their Pokemon and using them in an attempt to beat the Hero and any others into submission.
Besides that, their goals were much more than the world. They went after Godly Pokemon, and were plotting to enslave not only the humans and Pokemon, but the entire Universe, completely refashioned with them as Deities and everything in accordance to what they want.
Make Fun of their goofy outfits now, because if they ever did obtain Dialga and Palkia, they'd remodel the world and make it the fashion craze that could last a millenia.

World Domination versus Godhood? Uh, I don't think so.

Team Rocket... Team Galactic was pretty stupid if you ask me.

I mean... has Team Galactic even been in the show? lol

Team Rocket has been there for everything, show, games, comics, cards, etc. They're still in all of them too. Team Magma, Team Aqua and Team Galactic just dont really seem to have anything going for them. lol

Team Rocket... Team Galactic was pretty stupid if you ask me.

I mean... has Team Galactic even been in the show? lol

Team Rocket has been there for everything, show, games, comics, cards, etc. They're still in all of them too. Team Magma, Team Aqua and Team Galactic just dont really seem to have anything going for them. lol

Team Galactic made their appearance in Secret Sphere of Influence, convincing Team Rocket to steal for them. Then they reappeared in Solaceon Town to steal some ruins and wreaked havoc by making the Unown go crazy. They will confront Ash in the episode airing next week. While Team Rocket make their presence known in the anime, it is more through the bumbling trio of Jessie, James and Meowth.

That statement is biased. Team Rocket has had the benefit of being the original Evil team, so of course they're merchandise is much larger than that of the other teams because they've been around longer. You should note that the TCG also released Team Aqua and Magma expansion packs at some point, and Team Galactic will certainly obtain their own in the future.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
u want to be one?

Please read the rules. You're breaking about three of them here in one go: spam, using a frelling huge signature, and is writing "you" really that tough? Edit your signature and start making your posts count, or you won't be around very long.

Anyways, I wouldn't want to be either of 'em, but after playing D/P I enjoyed Team Galactic more than Team Rocket (NOT Anime TR. I'm keeping the Anime out of this entirely). Galactic has some winsome lines, their battle themes are great, and Cyrus is the first real psycho to enter the Pokemon world. Gotta love the cliche villain with a god complex XD

Also, TR in G/S was fairly lame, so I wouldn't count them for anything :p

Hands down, I would be in Team Rocket, and I would hopefully be an executive :p All hail Giovanni! XD Anyhow, if I was a Rocket Executive, my Pokemon team would be:

Raticate
Nidoqueen
Venomoth
Hypno
Muk
Weezing

They just scream Team Rocket for me.. Hehe..

I think you should all consider this:

Team Rocket was an evil organization secretly plotting to take over the region, the country and eventually the world. They had never really managed to mobilize an actually evil plot until Gen II, and those team rockets were pretty much giovanni fanboys/girls. True, The first Team Rocket infiltrated Silph Co, and invaded Saffron, but they had never actually managed to truly mobilize whatever evil plot they had before being stopped by the hero. Consider Neo Team rocket, who held an entire village of slowpoke hostage, caused a red Gyarados to go on a rampage, and made Pokemon insane by invading the Goldenrod Radio Tower and inducing an evil wave of radio signals.

Then there's Team Galactic (seeing as how Team Aqua and Magma are a lost cause) While Team Rocket secretly plotted and were just beginning their invasion of the Kanto and Johto regions, Team Galactic had already done that. Truth be told, the region of Sinnoh knew, hated and feared Team Galactic. They had established their headquarters in several cities and they were all open to the public. They openly showed their prowess to the citizens of the city and bullied them, stealing their Pokemon and using them in an attempt to beat the Hero and any others into submission.
Besides that, their goals were much more than the world. They went after Godly Pokemon, and were plotting to enslave not only the humans and Pokemon, but the entire Universe, completely refashioned with them as Deities and everything in accordance to what they want.
Make Fun of their goofy outfits now, because if they ever did obtain Dialga and Palkia, they'd remodel the world and make it the fashion craze that could last a millenia.

World Domination versus Godhood? Uh, I don't think so.

Everything which you said was fair enough and Godhood > World Domination indeed. The problem I found in Team Galactic was that,excluding Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie, they were incapable of controlling a single legendary for a short amount of time. Team Rocket created and controlled Mewtwo for quite a while, was the virtual backbone of Kanto, and has also taken control of, or at least captured, many other legendary pokemon. And, in my opinion, Team Galactic was a cult with a psycho for a leader that almost destroyed themselves/the world if not for the actions of a child. Also, to back up my earlier statement of Team Rocket being important in Kanto, keep in mind that their leader was not only stronger than Team Galactic's, but he also held a place in the Pokemon League. How's that for ironic?

You are entitled to your own opinion, but just remember: Team Rocket's cats are better than Team Galactic's.

Everything which you said was fair enough and Godhood > World Domination indeed. The problem I found in Team Galactic was that,excluding Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie, they were incapable of controlling a single legendary for a short amount of time. Team Rocket created and controlled Mewtwo for quite a while, was the virtual backbone of Kanto, and has also taken control of, or at least captured, many other legendary pokemon. And, in my opinion, Team Galactic was a cult with a psycho for a leader that almost destroyed themselves/the world if not for the actions of a child. Also, to back up my earlier statement of Team Rocket being important in Kanto, keep in mind that their leader was not only stronger than Team Galactic's, but he also held a place in the Pokemon League. How's that for ironic?

You are entitled to your own opinion, but just remember: Team Rocket's cats are better than Team Galactic's.

That's not entirely fair. You're speaking from the point of the Anime Canon. In the game, Team Rocket showed no affiliation for Mewtwo, or any attempt to capture any of the legendaries in that game. If you bothered to read those journals spread out across the Burned Mansion, you'll know that in the games, Mewtwo was simply "the Child of Mew" We haven't actually seen the anime canon's rendition of Team Galactic, so we don't even know whether or not Cyrus will be able to control Dialga and Palkia before being stopped by Ash and co.

True, Giovanni was a respectable leader, and an honorable man, even accepting his ultimate defeat in a formal gym battle. But for me, Cyrus's insane God complex makes him much more evil, if not a larger threat than Giovanni could ever hope to be.

That's not entirely fair. You're speaking from the point of the Anime Canon. In the game, Team Rocket showed no affiliation for Mewtwo, or any attempt to capture any of the legendaries in that game. If you bothered to read those journals spread out across the Burned Mansion, you'll know that in the games, Mewtwo was simply "the Child of Mew" We haven't actually seen the anime canon's rendition of Team Galactic, so we don't even know whether or not Cyrus will be able to control Dialga and Palkia before being stopped by Ash and co.

True, Giovanni was a respectable leader, and an honorable man, even accepting his ultimate defeat in a formal gym battle. But for me, Cyrus's insane God complex makes him much more evil, if not a larger threat than Giovanni could ever hope to be.

I will admit that my argument was biased, mainly having been based on the Anime Canon, and the story of Mewtwo is different for the game and the anime, so it mostly depends on which side you take. Personally, I will say that the recent teams in the games, and even the anime, came much closer to their goal than Team Rocket ever did, and Team Galactic very nearly caused an enormous catastrophe, which could've ended the entire region of Sinnoh's existence, possibly even the destruction of the world if Palkia/Dialga was not stopped. Cyrus also was much more of a threat to the world than Giovanni ever was or could've hoped to be, and Giovanni never came close to Cyrus, but that wasn't exactly his goal. In their own respects, Team Rocket and Team Galactic were both fairly successful.

Really, it comes down to the opinion of the person who would have to choose between the two: A shot at ruling the world with a high position of rulership under Cyrus, Mars, and the other executives, or a steady paycheck, and a moderately respectable position in the frame of the Kanto region. True, both teams abused pokemon, and I am pretty sure there are Team Galactic members attached to their Pokemon, but going back to the Anime, if nobody minds, there are quite a few respectable, and sometimes even kind, Team Rocket members. So, I'm not really trying to put down Team Galactic, nor am I patronizing here, but I am just answering the question with my honest opinion. I'd like to add that, regardless of anything anyone can say, in terms of appearance and evolution, I still think that Meowth > Glameow.

Team Rocket wins by default.
Galactic has ugly hair and uniforms, an insane leader, and the admins (Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter) are just too easy to make fun of. I'd get booted from their team. xD

Team Rocket! They were the original bad guys! Team Galactic doesn't even come close! Team Rocket were so cool, especially Meowth! I never got why they always wanted to steal Pikachu when its such a common Pokemon.
"Team Rockets Blasting Off Again" ;D

I would join neither, get angry at them for their igsignifigance and holes in their plans and team power /tactics, grab all my ghost type pokemon, CRUSH teamrocket easy since they use Ratta every ****in battle and my Ghosts know phychic, darkm and electric attacks. Team galaxy is stronger, and smart for hiding under the 'world peace' act.They weren't a cult people, they were using a fake cause to hide the world domination thing... they were just the most godamn ugly things on the planet! >:( Which is the ONLY reason I would attack them. Maybe team rockets more open about being evil, but they never got LITERALLY feet from world domination while Galactic did. Much smarter, but the ugly loses them some real points... :p

It really is all down to opinion,

team rocket is better because: better cat pokemon, giovanni, different variety of pokemon, "old fashioned bad guys", more appearences (movies, tcg, anime), all the mechas!!! XF :p, jesse james n meowth

team galactic is better because: they are original, better plot line, better and cleaner hideout (as i recall they had a kitchen XD)

team rocket sucks because: there are no specific commanders, just Giovanni,

team galactic sucks because: uniforms...., pokemon (wurmples wtf? not even galacticty),

in the end, i think i would choose team rocket, mainly because i would get more respect and I would have atleast some knowledge of what was going on. As i recall some of the team galactic grunts had NO idea what was going on, and what their "leader" planned on doing.

i would say neither as team galactic is a cult,and team rocket is a tease.i mean come on! i beat all the trainers on the bridge just like you asked,you even give me a nugget,yet i still can't join?what does it take to be a part of your cause?give you my left ear?

team snaggem would be my pick.

Team Rocket. Galactic just seems like a bunch of wannabe's. What a shame. And Cyrus seriously was a whack with his "I will be a god" personality. Team Rocket is just more....reasonable. I mean, they have the greatest hats! ;D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'd rather work for Giovanni than Cyrus, basically because Cyrus didn't tell the vast majority of Team Galactic what it was he was up to, and in the end turned out to be, for lack of a better word, insane. At least Giovanni made it plainly obvious to the rest of Team Rocket what it was he wanted, making him a lot more trustworthy. Also, I prefer Team Rocket's uniforms to those worn by Team Galactic.