• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which version should I buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diamond or Pearl? I am going to pick up the game this weekend and I was looking for some suggestions on which one to get.

Also I was thinking about picking either Chimchar or Piplup as my starter. I was looking for suggestions to which one would be better.

Well, you can get all three starters in both.
Other than that, the only real difference is some of the wild pokemon you see and the ending is different... you'll see what I mean when you get it. I myself would get Pearl.. just cause thats what I have :p

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
This topic does not belong in the Wifi-forum. You've been warned. Read the forum descriptions before posting a topic.

don't know, but apparently it does *points at the sign that says so*

i'd say diamond, out of preference, but it depends on which version exclusives you like more. i believe serebii has a list of them.

that's the ONLY difference between the two games. and the legendary.

Diamond or Pearl? I am going to pick up the game this weekend and I was looking for some suggestions on which one to get.

Also I was thinking about picking either Chimchar or Piplup as my starter. I was looking for suggestions to which one would be better.
You should pick piplup hes got good atacks when you start

You should get diamond it's got a better name and a cooler pokemon

Basically you should go for which version you think has the cooler version exclusive Pokemon. Diamond has Dialga, Cranidos, Skunky, and Skuntank. Pearl has Palkia, Shieldon, Glameow, and Purugly. Some of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Pokemon are version exlusive as well but as long as you have the GBA games that won't matter too much.

Personally I would go with Chimchar because (unless you trade) you have only two choices for fire types. I guess Piplup is good too, seeing as it was what most people here started with.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Omega, warned for double posting. Read the rules, abide by them, and you won't get another warning.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I think it all depends on what version-specific PokéMon you'd want to have more easily. The plot of both games is really exactly the same, only Diamond is blue-er and Pearl is pink-er. And they have different version exclusives and center-piece legends. Read Carmen Lopez's post to see what version specific PokéMon exist in every version.

Although, with the GTS and all, it's really a moot point now.

Gallade_Master: Dialga is a Dragon/Steel. That makes it take normal damage from dragon and fire types (as opposed to being resistant) and weak to Fighting-type moves. There is no PokéMon without weaknesses. Even Sableye and Spiritomb can be taken down with a super-effective fighting hit if Foresight or Odor Sleuth is used before it.

I'm going to lock this now. I believe you have enough information to make your own decision. Not to mention the topic starter was banned, which makes it even more of a moot point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.