• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya this is my first topic, but I really need your opinion. I'm making this Sandstorm Team, but I ain't going to use Magnezone, cause, ya know it's my original team XD But it also means my team might have pretty damn problems with Water Pokémon =/ Grass is no problem as I'm planning to give my Gliscor Ice Fang and a lot of grass Pokémon are part Poison so Earthquake will hurt anyway.

My problem is more that this is the moveset for my Tyranitar so far:
Moves:
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch/Thunder Punch/ Ice Punch/Other Move you might recommend

Item: Life Orb/Other Item
Nature: Adamant
EV: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed

I know Speed isn't a good idea to raise if Sandstorm is the most important thing in a team, but I'm working on a hail counter already anyway. Problem is I want to know your opinion, what item is maybe a better idea and what move should I choose in the last move slot. It's gonna be my lead and I'm using it for a double battle Sandstorm Team. I've Protect there to have something against Earthquakes from other teammates and just in case for future Explosions or Surf etc. It's gonna be the hard hitter for my team, I thought about Dragon Dance maybe, but I don't want to give up Crunch Stab and I also need a counter for water.

I hope you can help me out ^^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Tyranitar doesn't tend to suffer too much from Water STAB attacks due to Surf being the most common attack, and Tyranitar getting massive Sp.Defense boosts from his own Sandstorm. Also, even if he or anyone else in the team did have issues with that, giving him ThunderPunch probably wouldn't help much - do your research in the future Zoroark.

For doubles, Rock Slide works better than Stone Edge for one thing. I'd consider Crunch the best move for the last slot since it gives you a second STAB that can cut through anything weak to it with ease.

Hmm good point about the Surf, hadn't thought about that. For some reason I didn't took take that in account when thinking about my team. Hmm Good point about Rock Slide btw... more accuracy and hits both enemy, combined with the massive att stat Tyranitar has... wow thx a lot ^^

Ow I gotta say Rock Slide works perfect and my Tyranitar is awesome, thx for your help ^^

This thread can be closed now if you want ^^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Double-posting is against the rules, even for topic-bumping like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.