• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Well Hellooooooo there!

So this is my team as of late. I have yet to play-test it but i think it has potential. Although its missing a real strategy, I'm hoping to develop one with any and all help. Thanks in advance!

Scizor @Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
Ability: Technician
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor/Roost
-Superpower/Brick Break

Mamoswine @Choice Band
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
Ability: Snow Cloak
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Shard
-Superpower

Tentacruel @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
Ability: Liquid Ooze
-Surf
-Toxic Spies
-Rapid Spin
-Knock Off/Ice Beam/Sludge Bomb

Forretress @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Impish/Relaxed Nature
-Earthquake/Gyro Ball
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

Yanmega @Leftovers (DONE)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Ability: Speed Boost
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Protect
-Hypnosis

Snorlax @Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
Ability: Thick Fat
-Body Slam
-Crunch
-Curse
-Rest

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
One key issue with your team is that you have a very severe Fire weakness - both Scizor and Forretress are 4x weak to Fire, and Mamoswine and Yanmega have a 2x Weakness to Fire. Having Thick Fat Snorlax and Tentacruel resistant to Fire hardly does anything to alleviate this issue since an Infernape could easily rip through those two as well, and Scarfed Heatran (which is extremely popular now) would inflict massive damage to your team. Definitely consider having someone with Flash Fire in your team, or at the very least some more Pokemon that can resist Fire for you.

Also of note is that a lot of places use Item Clause, so four copies of Leftovers would be illegal in most places. Luckily for you, Yanmega, Tentacruel and Forretress have nice alternatives - Yanmega can easily use a Petaya Berry if Protect is switched with Substitute, Forretress can easily use either an Occa Berry to lessen the blow of Fire attacks, or Shed Shell to stop a Magnezone from coming in and trapping it with Magnet Pull, and Tentacruel can effectively use Black Sludge in place of Leftovers, since on a Poison-type they're effectively identical.

Well then what about this team based off of that one.

Ursaring @ Flame Orb (DONE lvl 100)
Adamant Nature
Ability: Guts
-Protect
-Crunch
-Facade
-Close Combat

Mamoswine @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Snow Cloak
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Shard
-Superpower

Tentacruel @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
Ability: Liquid Ooze
-Surf
-Toxic Spies
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam

Forretress @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Impish/Relaxed Nature
-Earthquake/Gyro Ball
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

Yanmega @Leftovers (DONE lvl 100) My Lead
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Ability: Speed Boost
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Protect
-Hypnosis

Salamence @Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Dance

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Be cautious with Toxic Spikes, Breloom and Guts pokemon can really turn those agaisnt you sometimes.. though most people who use Guts/Breloom will already have a status item on their pokemon anyway. I still use toxic spikes even considering that, myself; just something to take note of.

Spikes on Forry can be replaced with Stealth Rock if you have the TM. Stealth Rock isn't -entirely- better than Stealth Rock, but for the most part SR is preferred. SR hits everything for at least some damage, though can't be stacked like spikes can.

Your team still has three members weak to fire, and of your two that can take it, one can be crippled pretty badly by a burn. Salamence's ability allows for a balance with Tentacruel, though. Sala can take physical fire, and Tenta can take special fire.

Now if Salamence were a special attacker...

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump

Not crippled by a burn any more than it would be by normal poison. So standard the exact set can be found on smogon... but looking at your other sets, I don't think you mind standard. I tried to come up with something else, but I think it's as good as it gets XD