1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wartortle Set (Yes, a wartortle).

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Electabuzz_65, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hey, guys. I saw a video on YouTube of a guy using a Wartortle in a competitive battle, obviously taking advantage of the new item Eviolite. So i thought i could use influence from him and create my own Wartortle. Meet "War turtle"

Wartortle @ Eviolite
    Modest nature
    -Scald
    -Aqua ring
    -Protect
    -toxic
    EV's: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. def

Any help will be appreciated, thanks, Electabuzz

2. Jeydis

Friend Code:
    1805-2222-8581
    Hehe yeah ive seen a few eviolite sets around, they are rather funny. For this one I would simply keep in mind that the turtle line, wartortle included make great rapid spinners.

If you dont have a sleeper on the team Yawn can be funny as well.

3. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd love to know why people insist on sticking Eviolite on random crap expecting it to somehow be suddenly awesome. The only Pokemon that actually put on a good show with Eviolite are Chansey and Dusclops, and even they suffer against any competent user of Substitute.

I'll humour you anyway, but Blastoise with Leftovers will very likely pull this off better:

Wartortle @ Eviolite (is overrated)
    Bold/Calm
    Rain Dish

- Scald/Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Aqua Ring is poor since it disappears if you switch, and having to set it up every time you switch in is not worth it. Torrent will be of little to no use here, so Rain Dish is the preferred ability in case you face or are using a rain team.

4. Ok, thanks lol. I keep this in mind.