• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Wartortle Set (Yes, a wartortle).

Hey, guys. I saw a video on YouTube of a guy using a Wartortle in a competitive battle, obviously taking advantage of the new item Eviolite. So i thought i could use influence from him and create my own Wartortle. Meet "War turtle"

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Modest nature
-Scald
-Aqua ring
-Protect
-toxic
EV's: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. def

Any help will be appreciated, thanks, Electabuzz

Hehe yeah ive seen a few eviolite sets around, they are rather funny. For this one I would simply keep in mind that the turtle line, wartortle included make great rapid spinners.

If you dont have a sleeper on the team Yawn can be funny as well.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'd love to know why people insist on sticking Eviolite on random crap expecting it to somehow be suddenly awesome. The only Pokemon that actually put on a good show with Eviolite are Chansey and Dusclops, and even they suffer against any competent user of Substitute.

I'll humour you anyway, but Blastoise with Leftovers will very likely pull this off better:

Wartortle @ Eviolite (is overrated)
Bold/Calm
Rain Dish

- Scald/Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Protect

Aqua Ring is poor since it disappears if you switch, and having to set it up every time you switch in is not worth it. Torrent will be of little to no use here, so Rain Dish is the preferred ability in case you face or are using a rain team.