• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Vaporeon and Vesiquen Moveset Help

It's been a very long time since I've used Eevee evos other than Espeon and Umbreon so I need a wee bit of help with Vaporeon.

Vaporeon~Serious Nature
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Acid Armor

Is this a good moveset or is it all over the place? Toxic was there when I hatched it from the egg so I left it there.

I searched long and hard and I finally found a female Combee. Now this is what I was thinking for Vesiquen...

Attack Order
Power Gem
Toxic
Destiny Bond

So what's the verdict...

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and suggestions are welcome. I've gotten a lot better with movesets but I'm a little in the dark with these two.

the vaporeon looks very good to me, but vespiquen has much more potential as an annoyer than a sweeper. i'd recommend:

defend order
double team
toxic
heal order

double team x 5, defend order x 5, 6, heal order x as many as necessary, toxic. or you can put toxic before defend order. and then toxic the rest of the team that way.

well, you could go the route of the heal order, and use lefties, or go the route of the double team, and use bright powder. *red pill blue pill, huh?*

up to you, really.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Aqua Ring/Haze/Shadow Ball/Substitute
Aqua Ring/Haze/Shadow Ball/Substitute

Strategy:Surf is for STAB,Ice Beam is standard for any thing that can use it,as for the last two,take your pick.My personal
favorite is Aqua Ring + Substitute.

Vespiqueen@Focus Band
Defend Order
Toxic
Double Team
Attack Order/Power Gem

Strategy:Defend Order and Double Team to the max,then toxic and attack order/power gem away.

Verdict:Overall,i think this would be a good team for competitive
or ingame usage.

Thank you for choosing McDonalds.Have a nice day. 8)

Not really sure on Vappy, as I haven't used one lately, and so can't help you there...

But with Vespiquen, I like Toxic/Heal Order/Defend Order/Attack Order and attach leftovers.

Vespiquen is one of my best team members, and this movset has been working great:

Vespiquen@Bright Powder/Hard Stone

Attack Order/Power Gem
Toxic
Defend Order
Rest

Super-Duper Annoyer! Defend to the Max, then Toxic. If you run into trouble, use Rest. Power Gem might be best if you run into a Steel-Type since Toxic won't work.

As for Vaporeon, your original set looks fine really. Gratz! Hope that helps.