• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open UnHinged (An Unwind RP)

Nova smiled at Rose's words before tearing up the papers, shredding them into smaller pieces every time. "Oh, I just love disposing of evidence, even if we aren't disposing of anything really, it's good to get rid of government property," he smiled, before dropping the shredded papers. The bits small enough that they flew off by a small gust. "So, ladies, shall we go now?"

Meg cast a final glance back where she was fleeing from. Her friends would probably be worried sick about her eventually, but...They would probably guess soon enough. After a while, no one would really think much. Hell, people might not think much when they realized that Meg wasn't coming back. She shook her head and followed Nova and Rose. "So, if none of us know where the guy is, how are we supposed to find him? I mean, we can't look through the entirety of Arizona..."

Robin a seventeen year old girl was being cornered by juvey cops. They slowly walked up to her. "I wouldn't do that..." she whispers as they step over a trip wire. She runs as the cops gets pulled up by a net with a home made bomb hanging over them. She hides behind a pile of broken pillars laughing as she hears the officers scream. And then... boom.

Robin had escaped a few years ago. She was playing with her cat when she accidentally stumbled upon them. She read them and tears came too her eyes. Her mother walked in right at that moment. Her mother tried to explain but it was too late... Her sanity was long gone. As her mother hugs her she grabs a pair of scissors and stabs her in the back. She packed her stuff a fled.

Rose swallowed. "I...To be honest, I don't know where he could be," she answered, "But I've heard rumours about the kind of place he runs. It's...It's like, an empty antique shop, run by some little old lady, and the ice cream man goes every few days to ferry kids away to safe houses. This probably isn't helping much, but..."

Rose knew that with juvey-cops on the prowl, searching the entire state of Arizona for some mythical ice cream man was going to be enormously hard, assuming they didn't get caught on the way.

Robin walks into the same area as the others. She spots a juvey cop. "I could knife him from the back..." She says as she flicks out her butterfly knife. Robin ducked behind a tree when he looked her way. She then slowly crept up to him and slit his throat. She began to loot him but then heard the footsteps of the others, expecting it to be more juvey cops she climbs up a tree. She took out her binoculars and spotted them. "Hmmmm, others, that's at least my guess."

She cleared her throat. "Anyway, time's a-wastin. More time we spend sitting here and chatting, more time it gives for juvey-cops to catch up to us. And then it's off to Big Muddy Harvest Camp for us."

Robin stared at the others "What to do what to d- GAH!" She felt out of tree right in front of them. She face planted onto the ground. "Ugh... GWAH!" She gets up quickly and pulls out her pocket knife.

Rose barely reacted, as yet another AWOL unwind, or so it seemed, dropped before them. She knew that the socially acceptable thing to do was ask if she was ok, but fuck society, society wanted her dead.

"And you are?"

She shoves the knife back in her pocket. "And how do I know I can trust you?" She said as she's been baited multiple times by juvey cops dressed as AWOL unwinds before. She inspected the children. "It's... Robin." She said not giving them time to answer her question.

"We're just a group on our way to Arizona, on foot. What's the big deal?" Rose said coolly, "How do we know we can trust you? How can we be sure you're not some undercover juvey-cop, or a parts pirate?"

She shows them her papers "I guess your searching for the Ice Cream Man if your heading to Arizona." She says as she puts her papers away. "Well all I can say is Arizona isn't close to here."

"Well... I know a way to get past the clappers, I can take you there but that's as far as I will go, and you'll owe me. So take it or leave it." She says as pops a piece of candy in her mouth, the candy belonged to the guard she had recently killed.

Rose raised an eyebrow. "You mean, you have tabs on every clapper cell in Oklahoma?" she asked, "And exactly where they're gonna blow 'emselves up? Clappers generally don't care who they kill when they kill themselves..."

Clappers were groups of suicide bombers, who gave themselves explosive blood transfusions, and detonated themselves by clapping their hands. Their causes were unknown, but clappers were almost always kids at risk of being unwound.

"Yup. This area is rarely active so it's a great place to strike deals with people, I've made stacks selling clapper info to other kids like us. My offer still stands and will always." She says as she sucks on her candy. She tried to look intimidating, and she thought it was working.

Meg looked at Robin. She didn't know what 'clappers' were, but she could ask about it later. Instead of piping in anyway, she figured she'd let the other people figure it out. After all, she still had a lot to learn about being a runaway.

Rose turned to explain to Meg, who seemed quite confused about the whole 'clapper' thing. "Clappers are suicide bombers, who detonate themselves, as you might have guessed, by clapping, mostly to blow up places like schools, grocery stores, etc. Nobody knows why they do it, but nine times out of ten, they're kids at risk of being unwound."

Robin stood there sucking on her candy, waiting for a response from at least one of them. "I don't have all day... maybe I do but that doesn't matter." She sayed still trying to act intimidating.

Mary Joy Zehnten was a tithe. Brought into the world by her loving family as a gift to society. Conditioned since birth to be at peace with her purpose and spread the gifts of the Lord as far and as wide as humanly possible, even if that meant her body had to be in pieces. Mary Joy hadn't planned on skipping out on her tithing, but rather found herself stranded in a strange city. The day before her 13th birthday, Mary's older brother took her out for "Ice Cream" as a final treat but instead of stopping for a frozen treat they just kept driving and driving. At a road sign 5 miles outside Joplin, Missouri they finally pulled over.

"I told them you ran and they already called the juvy cops," her brother said dryly. "Mary Joy you NEED to run from this. I know you're at peace with it but that's only because you've been conditioned by our family to believe that."

Mary Joy was silent. She had a lot of respect for and even envy of her older brother because of his success in school and sports and now medical school. He was en route to be one of the assistants in a Harvest Camp facility, and those jobs had some great benefits. Why then was he now so shaken and misguided? She knew all she had to do was get out of the car and let herself get caught and her purpose would be served, but decided to see if her brother had anything else to say.

"You deserve to experience life as YOURSELF and saying that your parts are going on to help a bunch of other people for the better doesn't make it any less true that your flesh is being SOLD and your future robbed and given away to a system that perpetuat- Hey!"

The car door slammed. Mary Joy didn't want to listen anymore and bailed out of her brother's car, determined to give him peace by showing him that tithing really IS a good thing and that her calling was noble and their parents weren't wrong.

As she trudged down the road she had no idea how much her mind was about to change...for better or for worse.