• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Under Colosseum Double Battle 3

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
OK, forgive me boasting, but it's so rare I actually manage to pull off a decent strategy ;).

Pokemon Colosseum, Under Colosseum Double Battle
Battle 3 - Guy Baben.
Has a Lombre, Muk, Sunflora, Mantine, Glalie & Forretress. All level 50.

In Double Battle you pick 4 pkmn from your team of 6. Looking at the possibilities from his team, I picked Magneton, Nidoqueen, Charizard and Blastoise. (Although my Blastoise didn't actually see any of the battle.)

He started with Mantine and Forretress, I started with Magneton and Nidoqueen.

1. My Magneton used Thunderbolt to 1 hit KO the Mantine (4 x vulnerable to Electric) before it was able to move. He sent out Lombre to replace it.

2. His Forretress used Dig, which I figured was probably aimed at my Magneton. So I did a defensive switch to Charizard.

3. With my Magneton safely out of the way, my Nidoqueen used Earthquake - for double damage to the Forretress that was still underground, and harmless to my part-Flying Charizard. Took the Forretress down to 3 HP (!).

4. His Lombre used Leech Seed on my Charizard. Whoopie do. His Forretress came out of the ground to do no damage to my Charizard. Oops.

5. My Nidoqueen used a second Earthquake, to finish off the Forretress and also damage the Lombre quite a bit more. He sent out his last pkmn, Sunflora.

6. My Charizard used Wing Attack to finish off the Lombre.

7. Finally, a Double-Edge from Nidoqueen and a Flamethrower from Charizard knocked out the Sunflora before it could even move. Heh ;).

So yeah, I'm sure someone will think of something they'd have done better, but unlike the GBA games where you can find out exactly what team the opponent has, because you only choose 3 or 4 from 6 in Colosseum, it's never possible to predict exactly what they'll do. (I've done the same battle 3 times in a row sending out the same 4 pkmn, and seen 5 or 6 of the opponent's). So I was pleased, anyway.