• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Truck crash: hatchlings without a home! [Discussion]

Hello! In this RP you are a hatchling pokemon, having just hatched around numerous other eggs and baby pokemon as well. This RP will hopefully be long term, having a group of 4-6 pokemon learning and growing together. (Though if anyone wants to move on from the RP at any point, their pokemon could have just parted ways with the group)

The story goes as follows; while transporting some precious cargo, a supply truck makes a risky turn and the latch holding his truck closed jiggles open, sending several boxes tumbling out of the truck and down a grassy slope. The box tumbles and bursts open as it comes to a stop, sending the eggs inside rolling out. From here on, the few eggs hatch to find themselves confused and alone, but also with the other boxes that had fallen which contained food and other supplies. Will your Pokemon vouch to stay put in hopes of rescue, or will it insist the group journeys forward?

Current RP stats:
6/6 baby pokemon slots filled
  • Cleffa
  • Igglybuff
  • Riolu
  • Jangmo-o
  • Cubone
  • Froakie
No current shinies

RULES:
-Please read and follow the basic PRP rules!! (No autoing, no godmodding, no one liners ect)
-Your pokemon must be, of course, first stage
-No legendaries
-1 shiny is allowed, if you see someone else has posted a shiny then that's it.
-Ill be closing this discussion after submissions from 6 people! I don't want it to get too big or out of hand.

Please fill out and post the following form about your Pokemon! Once you've been accepted you can post your opening post in the roleplay thread!

Name: (optional; you can decide this in-rp as they are hatchlings)
Species:

------------------
Heres mine:

Name: Undetermined
Species: Cleffa
Characteristics: Loves night time, slightly withdrawn around others but wants to make friends, outgoing when comfortable.

Please post your forms and if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to add those on as well!

Last edited:
images

??? - Jangmo-o
Male
Species:
Jangmo-o
Ability:
Bulletproof
Characteristics/Personality:
??? is a naturally courageous and headstrong pokemon. He often rushes into situations without thinking and will fight valiantly to defend his fellow group members. However, he lacks intelligence so he is easily manipulated by smarter pokemon into doing something he wouldn't normally do. He doesn't anything with malicious intent however, his trusting nature means he often ends up doing so.​

Last edited:
Both accepted! Welcome to the team. I'll see if we get anymore entries this morning and then start the RP, (just so you can get a headstart on your opening posts! I don't want to get far until the others have joined as well)

This seems fun! I'll join.
Name: Creed
Species: Riolu
Characteristics: Creed is a very determined Pokemon, and he is very curious. His favorite thing to do is explore, unless he can train, then training is his favorite. He is extremely trusting with all, which can probably lead to problems. He is also very flirtatious, and can get jealous easily. He doesn't mind not knowing where he was from, because he is sure he came from a very strong pokemon.

Won't be able to get my opening post up today because of a difference in time-zones (I'm from England) but I should have it tomorrow. Or maybe I just won't sleep tonight. Who knows?

(y not)

yamask_by_midorikappa-d3b0y9s.png

nephthys.
  • Species: Yamask, the Spirit Pokemon
  • Characteristics: Lonely, often lost in thought. She is new to this world but not new to living. Memories fill her mind, yet she, at present, lacks the grasp to comprehend them. It seems this new-sprung spirit yearns most prominently for the power of knowing.

I'd like to reserve that spot, if you don't mind! I'll get my form up as soon as possible!

EDIT: Here it is!

Name: N/A (will, hopefully, get one in the RP)
Species
: Igglybuff
Characteristics: Igglybuff is what you would call a less-than-natural-born leader. Whenever she's comfortable around someone, be it one Pokemon or a whole group, she'll gladly lead them down a random path, even though she has no idea where she's going most of the time. Around strangers or those she's not comfortable with yet, though, she's overly shy and can even get emotional over the smallest things. She finds this show of emotions humiliating around some, but there may be a select few she would pour her heart and soul out to- if she really likes them.

Last edited:
Of course realistically hatchings shouldn't be able to talk or really even communicate, but for convenience sake in this roleplay everyone can.

That's an interesting way to think of it, but I've always thought pokemon moves to be instinct, where language would not be. Like, as humans when we're born we learn language from those around us the most aka: parents or guardians. However for the sake of this roleplay having communication being passed down works for making it logical haha

Also we may incorporate other pokemon with temporary roles later on (like threats or someone offering shelter) so keep watching this thread for any updates on that! It will hopefully just be one of us playing a second character though we could also open it up for new people :^)

It's been a couple days so I say we get started and the two who haven't posted yet can just be late Hatcher's? If there's no response by tomorrow we might remove them and open up signups for another two people

Can i take one of those slots?
104_cubone_by_darkdragonden-d5567f3.gif

Name: N/A
Species: Cubone
Personality: Often sad, but tries to stay cheery. Loves daytime, hates the night (Scared of the dark) His Appearence is up ^

Is there still one spot?
If so here's my bio.
Name: Undetermined
Species: Froakie
Characteristics: Kind, Funny, quick tempered, Naive, Loves to stay up all night.

Just tell me if there are any spots left.

Both are accepted! That means all slots are filled :)

Please read the roleplay thus far (it's not too long yet!) And post your opening post as though your Pokemon has just hatched, acknowledging the interactions already happening between the other pokemon in the area.
Looking forward to your posts!

@Rykenftw Do you think my Jangmo-o and Creed could form some kind of friendly rivalry as they get older? Both are fighting types (Well, Jangmo-o will be) and both are quite strong pokemon. I think it could open some interesting character development and plot opportunities.

@Rykenftw Do you think my Jangmo-o and Creed could form some kind of friendly rivalry as they get older? Both are fighting types (Well, Jangmo-o will be) and both are quite strong pokemon. I think it could open some interesting character development and plot opportunities.
Definitely! I don't think any of the others could stand up to riolu anyways, except for Froakie and MAYBE Cubone. So, yeah, they definitely could.