• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Traveling the regions. (Open to 2 or 3 just join, don't ask)

So, this is starting in Jhoto and will be traveling around all the regions. Before your first post, could you put in a description of your character. Also, you may have. A special gift like psychic powers or talking to Pokemon, but it has to come progressively. As in, you can't randomly be able to talk full paragraphs with Pokemon, you might hear a lot of words but have random breaks, and the more you journey, the more you understand.Here's mine ^.^

Name: Emerald breeze
Looks (vague): she is a slender pale female with bright Emerald eyes and long caramel brown hair that has teal dip dyed ends.She wears a large grey knitted sweater, black leggings, black converse, a black backpack (with necessities packed inside) and a black and white Pokemon brand hat.
Personality: Emerald is shy and nervous around people she doesn't know very well, but around those she trusts, she is happy, excitable and friendly. She loves to battle her Pokemon with others because she feels it increases her bond with them. She is adventurous and curious and loves puzzles, but gets annoyed when she can't solve them.
Pokemon( a Pokemon your character may already have. Don't worry, you'll still get a starter Pokemon!): shiny eevee
Special gifts? (Ex. Psychic, talk to Pokemon) : Emerald has a pshchic power that allows her to move objects. so far, she can only move small objects and small Pokemon.
Natural gifts: writing,singing,art

sleepily Emerald opened her eyes before jumping in realization. Today was the day! She was going to get a Pokemon from the pokedex and Pokemon from the professor in new bark town, Jhoto. Recently she had moves here with malady and sir peterson, her aunt and uncle. They weren't royalty or anything, but Emerald had to call them that, they hated her. But today, everything was going to change! She grabbed a black and white backpack that she had prepackaged with everything she needed the night before, water, food, money, pokeballs, potions,sketch book, markers, pencil crayons, journal,pencils, eraser, phone, ear buds and clothes. She threw on her mothers large grey knitted sweater and some black leggings, black converse and a black and white Pokemon brand hat. She threw her messy brown hair up in a pony tail and smiled as she saw the green-blue ends and scurried out the door, excited to meet her first Pokemon partner, well actually, her second. Her mother had left her with a shiny eevee named blizzard when she died, so Emerald Breeze was getting her second Pokemon today, but that didn't make it any less exciting. "Oops, already forgot something!" She whispered, dashing silently back into the house. She had forgot her square shaped brown eyeglasses. She decided to challenge herself and tried to lift them with her psychic power. They floated off the ground a little bit before falling into her hand, she smiled weakly, her power wasn't that strong yet because her aunt and uncle wouldn't let her practice the one thing she could do that her mother could do, so far she could only lift small objects and Pokemon. She put her glasses on her face and scurried out the door without even saying goodbye. She ran to the lab and arrived out of breath. "Sorry I'm late!" She exclaimed quietly. She wasn't actually late, in fact, she was 5 minutes early

Last edited:

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
(I'm gonna just join cuz I really wanna Rp XD)

Name: Jack
Looks: Moderately tanned skin, long-ish black hair, slim body, blue eyes, mostly wears an unzipped hoodie with a plad button up underneath, with a light blue hat and red Nikes.
Personality: Very energetic, resulting in making him not listen very well, always ready for a battle, very caring of his pokemon, quick reflexes
Pokemon: Sentret (nicknamed Kay)
No special gifts
Natural gifts: Very talented battler, good at drawing and cooking certain dishes, very talented with both drums or his acoustic guitar

Jack was sitting at his computer, on Facebook (or whatever they have in the pokemon world) when he heard his alarm clock ring. He got up and took off hid Gray sweatpants, then slipped on his blue jeans. He took off his plain white shirt and got dressed. Then he went downstairs and was greeted by his father, who wished him luck on his journey. He had had a pokemon journey himself, though not very successful. He went out the door with Kay by his side and they walked down the streets of Cherrygrove City.

Last edited:
(Now open to 1 or 2 people)

Emerald looked around confused, apparently she was the first one here. 'Hello professor! I'm here to start my journey!' Is what she meant to say, but what actually came out was a shy "hi sir, I'm uh, here to um, start my journey." She shook her head as if to clear her mind as her emerald orbs lit up in excitement. "Do I get a Pokemon?" She asked hopefully, trying to peer behind the man. "Now now, wait for the others to arrive, so I only have to explain everything once." Said professor birch with a small chuckle. (OOC: did I get that right? It's birch, right?) Emerald sighed and sat down, taking out her sketch pad and doodling each of the starters with a question mark beside them, wondering who she would get.

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
(OOC: Actually its Elm but we all get them mixed up lol) Jack opened his backpack and took out his fold up bike, which he unfolded and got on, his fast friend right by his side. They rid to the route that leads to New Bark and Kay joined him on the bike. He started peddling faster, until he hit a log and his bike flipped over making him them crash into a small pond, which, unluckily inhabited a high-tempered quagsire. They landed right on her and right away she used muddy water, drenching Jack in a murky coat of wetness. "URGH, YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THAT" he yelled and he commanded Kay to use scratch, but it had little effect.

While she was doodling, Emerald heard someone yell very loudly.' What's going on? Is there trouble.' She wondered.Leaving her stuff in the professors lab, she ran outside. She judged that the voice had come from somewhere down the route. She only had blizzard with her, but curiousity made her continue sprinting silently down the route until she came upon a dark haired boy fighting a quagsire with a sentret. Her eyes widened, the quagsire looked really strong. "Do y-ou want some h-elp?" She called out nervously as she gripped her pokemons pokeball, ready to help out if she was needed.

(Which starter would you like from elm?)

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
Jack heard a voice and looked back, seeing a girl with a pokeball containing a silvery eevee in hand. He responded "No than-" but before he could complete his sentence the quagsire shot a water gun at Kay, almost knocking him out. "Umm.... okay sure," he said in surprise. This quagsire is really strong, he thought. Im gonna need all the help I can get.
(I like all the Jhoto starters so I'm fine with any)

Emerald nodded, excitement and determination in her eyes. "Go, Blizzard!" She called out, her mothers beloved shiny eevee appearing in a flash. "Okay blizzard, first we have to heal our teammates, use wish!" She ordered waiting for wish to take effect and heal blizzard and hopefully the sentret, it looked like it was almost out of HP. "If wish doesn't work, feed it this." Emerald called to the boy, throwing him an oran berry that was in her backpack. She refocused on the battle at hand, hoping to help this boy, even if it was just a little bit.

(Okay then, I'm going to take chikorita)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Just a quick warning to read the RP forum rules as some of you clearly haven't read them. Character bios and the like do NOT belong in actual RP threads, and all this OOC blather does not belong in the actual thread either. Start a discussion thread on the Pokemon Role Play Discussion board if you wish to keep your bios somewhere or engage in out-of-character discussion.

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
Since wish took time to work, Jack decided to make a move. "KAY, USE SCRATCH!" He yelled and the young sentret unseathed his claws and jumped at the quagmire, slashing at him and landed a critical hit. Just then the wish took effect and half of Kay's HP was restored.

(Sorry for the long wait :3)

Well then, seems his sentret can move. Time for her to help out "okay blizzard use helpinghand on sentret and then use shadow ball on quagsire" she ordered, confident in her plan. She didn't realize now, but while battling, she was a different person than she normally was. Usually she was much quieter and less outgoing, but right now, she was confident and determined to win this battle. Blizzards helping hand put a reddish aura around the sentret, it would make its next attack more powerful... She hoped. Uneasily she looked at the dark haired boy she was battling with. She hadn't met him before, yet she really wanted to help him out. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. She'd sort out these unusual feelings later. For now, she just had to win this battle

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
The quagsire was knocked back by the shadow ball, and sentret prepared to launch another attack. "Okay, Kay! Use fury swipes!" He commanded and Kay launched himself into the air and swiftly clawed the quagsire, hitting very hard due to the helping hand. Jack felt satisfied and surprised at the same time as he saw the quagsire was beginning to feel tired, but it launched a muddy water attack at Jack's bike. "Hey! I paid a lot for that!!!" He yelled at the quagisre and threw a small rock at it. The quagsire became angry and hit the water with a water gun, making a large wave.

Emerald looked at the wave in awe before snapping out of it. "Snow! use dig to escape the wave!" Snow popped up behind the quigsire and of her own accord used shadow ball again, knocking it into its own attack that was now coming right towards the young brunette. She swallowed and attempted to run out of harms way, successfully escaping the wave. Then she remembered the boy and ran back, which was quite silly of her. Now she too was swallowed up by the wave, and she WAS NOT a good swimmer.

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
Jack swam shortly up to be the surface and found his footing on the ground. He saw the girl struggling so he waded over to her and helped her over to shallower water, then the wave died down. The quayside decided she'd had enough and went on her way. "You better run!" Mocked Jack, as he sat down on the bank of the pond.

"Thanks." Emerald sputtered out as she was helped to the shallow water. "My names Emerald, i couldn't really introduce myself properly earlier. This is snow" she said quietly, returning the eevee to its pokeball. "How did you get into a fight with quagsire anyway?" She asked, sitting down to take a breath. "Know that I think about it, why were you on the route in the first place?" She questioned.

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
"I'm Jack," he started. "My bike crashed into that log and hit the quagsire" he said, pointing at the log. "I was heading down this route to get to Profesor Elm's lab to get a pokemon," Jack explained. He looked behind himself and saw the top of some buildings. Not very far now.

"Really? Are you getting a Pokemon from the professor too?" Emerald asked. "I guess we're going to the same place. Let me take you to new bark town!" She said cheerfully. She was surprised she had met someone already who was starting there journey at the same time as her.

Jolt was a carefree 16 year old boy with not much to worry about except the fact he overslept on the day he was getting his first pokemon from prof. elm! oh man! he yelled. he and his best friend dark, an absol lived alone since his mother passed and his father left him to live with a "hot chick" so he put on his SAO trench coat he ordered 2 months ago and made a mad dash for the lab.(can i get totadile?)

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
"M'kay" Jack responded before following Emerald to New Bark. While they were approaching the lab, he saw a boy roughly the same age as himself running toward the lab quickly, wearing a (black?) trenchcoat. While he was passing by a window of the lab, he saw shelves packed with thick books, tables crammed with pokeballs and desktop computers, and men in lab coats reading working, and getting ready to go outside. At the back of the building, he saw Professor Elm.

finally! jolt exclamed I'm here. Out of breath he started tords the door until he saw 2 other kids in the lab. Who are they he wondered. The boy about his age look cool but probably hasnt been to the lab before jolt had been there once or twice to deliver packages but never really had a good look at it. Wow! He said as he walked in the door but as soon as he had his first foot in he triped and fell! Darn! He yelled forgetting all about the other kids. he got up and said my name is Jolt Uzimaki im here for my first pokemon!

Last edited:
"Hi jolt. I'm Emerald. Nice to meet you?" She said, a bit unsurely as she walked into the professors lab. She noticed her drawing pad and supply's still carefully layer out on the floor. She packed them up and smiled brightly at the professor. "Professor, may we choose our Pokemon now?" She asked curiously, trying to peak behind hi to see the Pokemon. She just couldn't wait to meet her new partner!

(Sorry about the super late reply! Things got super busy at home.)

A cool mist entered New Bark town from Route 26. The river had a small path of ice across it which seemed to melt as the boy walking across it stepped off. "Good work sneasel." Unlike the people outside, he didn't seem fazed by how cold it was. It was strange since Ethan was wearing torn up clothes too. Everyone looked at him weirdly as he looked around. "This is new." Ethan Archer shrugged his shoulders as he watched a girl walk into a bigger building the rest. "Maybe I should go in there." The mist seemed to follow him and his sneasel as they walked.

When he opened the door to the Professors lab, The mist circled around Ethan's feet but slowly dispersed. "Where am I?" He looked around, confused and amazed at the same time. Then, his gaze found three balls in a triangle shape. "What are those?" He was reluctant to touch them and stepped back towards the door. Ethan stopped and examined the other people in the room with his ice blue eyes. Sneasel then jumped on his shoulder and said something Ethan couldn't quiet understand.

(it's ok) hello...hey prof hurry up! Jolt exclaimed "man I'm still tired" he thout to him self "oh well" than all of a sudden he had a head ache "oh man now really" (jolt can become a shaymin stupid I know but don't worry Ill use it only on the ocasenal time when the plot needs spicing up)

( No more available spots. It's just us 4 ;) and you can do what ever you want Blaze. It's your character.)
Emerald watched as the door opened, revealing a fourth person. "Those are pokeballs. May I ask who you are?" Emerald said coolly, trying to hide some of her anxiety. She looked at the eerie mist that covered her home town. Sure, she hated it here but it still gave her the chills. Not literally though. She could tell the most was cold, but her mothers warm grey sweater hugged her shoulder, making her feel safe and warm. She looked the at the boy, feeling slightly concerned about his wear. Everything except his backpack was torn. "A-re you okay?" She said, slightly nervous.

"Pok-e-balls? Never heard of 'em." What was the point of having these, pokeballs? What could they do that humans couldn't do without communication? "And uh...why do we use these balls?" He completely forgot that he was asked his own name. Everything was so...new. So different. It was like, a whole new world. It gave Ethan a new fantastic point of view. It gave him an idea of how long he was stranded at Mnt. Silver.

"Me? Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry. Hey, this place is pretty cool." Sneasel looked at Ethan disappointed by his pun. "Not cool."
"Hey! How comes you can use the cool pun?"
".....Ice...."
"Breaking off again..." Ethan had a short conversation with sneasel before telling his name. "I'm Ethan Archer. This is my friend sneasel." Sneasel introduced himself to everyone, but no one could really understand him. "Anyway, tell me more about these...pokeballs. How are they made? Do pokemon like them? If not, why do we use them?"

"this kid looks familiar but I just can't figure out why..." jolt thought to himself than the professer broke the silence and said "poke balls are for capturing pokemon they are a high tech form of keeping up with Pokemon no one knows for shore if pokemon like poke balls but if they did not like being in one they could simply leave it and never return, anyway there are three Pokemon in these balls and I'd like for the three i called for to take one each...by the way might I ask you ethan what brings you here?

Emerald nodded in excitement. "Ohhh, I can't wait to get my new friend! What about you guys?" She asked the others excitedly, before looking at Ethan curiously. "I agree with the professor, can we help you in any way?" She asked, trying to think of why suddenly a stranger would show up in new bark town.

(Sorry this is late again, I got busy once more)

(your fine I've been busy too so yah lol btw instead jolt becomes a shiny sylveon and im going to use it now if that's ok if not than when you reply I'll edit this comment) "I'm sooooo hyped to finally get a pokemon wooh- suddenly jolt felt a chill go up his spine "not now....please...no" every one in the room was shocked as they saw jolt shrink into a...sylveon? Yes jolt was born with a special gift the ability the change into a Pokemon but he never could control it. "Dang it again seriously?" jolt exclaimed.