• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Training Buddies

hope this will catch on here. I've tried it on soooo many forums. it never caught on.

here's how it rolls: there are two types of people here. Helper which helps people, and Helpie (Help-ie) who needs help. the forms differ between people. here are the examples:

Helpie:
Name:William
Fc:2620-9086-0311
Type of training need help in: EV training
pokemon the helper can choose from: Riolu, Magnemite, gible, and togepi
Game: Diamond
Reward for helping: any non-legend of their choice
guess that's it

Helper:
Name:Tyson
Fc:5769-3659-3759
type of training you do: Normal
guess that's it

If you need to know more PM me please. mods, super mods, and admins please PM before closing

So, basically, you want to set up a match-making system so people can find people to train their Pokemon for them? I don't know about you, but I haven't seen a lot of requests for out-sourced Pokemon training. I think your problem may simply be a lack of demand for this service. This isn't exactly World of Warcraft.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Huh. It's an interesting idea. I suspect where it fails is simply that most people hate EV training at the best of times (it gets ever so tedious fighting nothing but Gastlys for hours on end!).

What may work is to propose a temporary Pokemon trade to take advantage of the 50% EXP boost when you're playing with someone else's Pokemon. So, you swap Pokemon with another player and arrange to level them up to a particular level. I managed to get a real-life friend of mine into Pokemon (finally!), and it's been rather nice training his Pokemon while he takes mine. Makes a change.

This would also be a lot fairer - because rather than one player helping another out from the goodness of their heart (!), and the other player getting something "for free", both players would be in the same position. And if a person didn't keep their side of the bargain with the training, you could let us know, and that person's account could be marked as untrustworthy in some way.

You would, of course, need to give the other player instructions for what to do if your Pokemon learns a new move (accept the move & delete an existing one, or leave the moveset as it is). And there would also need to be rules & instructions for what should happen in the event that one player can't get back online to arrange the return trade. But it doesn't seem like an idea that deserves to be killed outright.

I think I get what you two mean. I'll change the first post to make it clearer. I'm still kepping up the little note though.You will see what I mean a little better. It would make more sense if you were me, and I know what you will say. "but I'm not you." if you need it to be clarfied a little more let me know.