• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Training an Electabuzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently training my Elecabuzz. I am EV training it (the first time) for a sweeper.
This is it's currents stats:

HP: 98
Attack:108
Defense:53
SpAtt:76
SpDef:74
Speed:90

I am currently EV training Speed and I got Macho Bracer on.. I dont have the speed one....
Moves are:
Quick Attack (Earthquake)
Thunder Punch
Ice punch
Cross Chop

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Keep in mind that Electabuzz cannot learn Earthquake - only Electivire has access to that move. Also, nature and hold item would be useful here.

Overall, you have the right idea here - ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Cross Chop and Earthquake is the standard Electivire set. Low Kick's weight-affected power can make it a decent alternative to Cross Chop if the accuracy messes you up in practice, as can the screen-breaking Brick Break. Fire Punch is also a valid option for Electivire with Scizor running around everywhere now, and if you have a nature that doesn't lower your Sp.Attack, sticking moves like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower to harrass anything with quite high Defense but rather poor Sp.Defense can help make Electivire harder to wall.

Your current set is indeed A-OK, but I'd still experiment with the moves Electivire has since you may find something that works better, and give any opponents quite a surprise as well potentially.

mmm... yeah i have a 'Buzz on my current team, and i gotta say a 'Vire would be better if you want ATK, not Sp. ATK

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I think it's blatantly obvious that this thread died ages ago.

Locked. Try and be a bit more observant with post dates next time, Whonii.

Status
Not open for further replies.