• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Tornadus is Twisted

Well, I have finally decided to relent and catch Tornadus. Because of this, I can have a choice of nature and such. I am not experienced with Gen V legendaries yet, so I would like an idea for a good competitive moveset. I am thinking that a sweeper would be nice.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
There's not enough information to go by here. Tornadus can do both physical and special sweeping, possibly mixed if you want, and you'll need to decide on a direction to pick first.

Hm, I didn't know that. Since I need more experience with the physical side of the elemental types, I shall go with a physical sweeper.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Physical Tornadus generally looks something like this:

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
Jolly
Prankster

- Acrobatics
- Brick Break
- U-Turn
- Taunt/Crunch/Bulk Up/Substitute (Filler)

Physical Tornadus is viable purely because of Acrobatics - the special set would heavily outstrip it otherwise. Flying Gem boosts Acrobatics by 50% damage; after that, it'll disappear and then Acrobatics will have a permanent 165 power (with STAB) which is deadly on something this quick and this powerful. Brick Break knocks down Rock and Steel-types for you, U-Turn works well with Tornadus's fantastic speed and the last slot as stated is filler. Taunt is by far my favourite choice of move here since it works brilliantly with Prankster, but the choice is yours.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Quite well given that Tornadus gets speed priority on it. It's worth consideration at the very least.