• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Zelda Series :3

I have played it, I actually played most of them. Ireally like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. As well as Majora's Mask. I think that people dont give enough respect to MM, just because "It's notas good as Ocarina of Time." I think the concept of MM is way better then the concept of OoT. Although I have to say that OoT is a bigger game, and there's more to do there.

THANK YOU!! Someone actully likes MM :) I love it!! I love the Bunny Hat and the missions! The most bubbly mission, I think, is when you go at night on the first day to save the ranch. It's scary but fun!!! :) And Oot? It's okay, but not my favorite. It was pretty frustrating in the Master Quest, but when I played the normal Quest, it was pretty easy.
I, too, love Twilight Princess. And WW? It was OKAY, I beat it pretty fast, but it was fun! I love playing with the pigs :3
I've played about everyone except the first few, which I can't remember....>.>

i like MM also, it was kinda a nice pace from Ocarina of Time, you can mess around and there's those cool missions that don't really affect the storyline. Windwaker was a turn for the worse, i know it was the first 3d zelda game for gamecube, but those cartoon graphics were childish, and the fact you only had a certain amount of time to swim before you drown. Twilight Princess redeemed the zelda series, it brought back the OoT and MM graphics, but with better quality and had better missions. the most recent zelda game, Phantom Hourglass was ok for a ds game, the graphics actually worked on there, but now you could've even swim at all, but at least the bosses were inventive. i think sequels to windwaker should stay on the ds

i like MM also, it was kinda a nice pace from Ocarina of Time, you can mess around and there's those cool missions that don't really affect the storyline. Windwaker was a turn for the worse, i know it was the first 3d zelda game for gamecube, but those cartoon graphics were childish, and the fact you only had a certain amount of time to swim before you drown.
I don't agree on this at all. Maybe it were different graphics, so what? I mean, the game worked very good. Most people just said it looked too childish and they didn't even try the game. The gameplay orks (pretty much) the same, maybe even better! It was a tad easy, but still fun. And that's what a game is about, having fun. I really hate it when people say that WW wasn't good because of his childish graphics. On the NES and SNES were good games too, with bad graphics (pixels). SO I just want to say that you can't really say the graphics are bad because they're "childish", they just used a different style, that's all. [/rant]

Ummmm, my opinion not yours, so I can say whatever I want about the games in the series, just as you can say whatever you want to about them

Ummmm, my opinion not yours, so I can say whatever I want about the games in the series, just as you can say whatever you want to about them

Of course you can say what you think, I can't choose your opinion after all. I just wanted to say that many people were like that, and they didn't really looked past the graphics. But as I just said, I can't choose your opinion.

The Zelda series rawks out. But the NES games and GB games get no love these days. My top 5 favorite Zelda games;

1. LoZ: Link's Awakening
2. LoZ: A Link to the Past
3. LoZ: Ocarina of Time
4. LoZ: Twilight Princess
5. LoZ: The Four Swords

Link's Awakening: My all-time favorite Zelda game. Classic! It was fun and interesting and for once, Ganon wasn't the lead bad-guy! That's a super-plus right there! And it was unique. :3 Plus the original Ballad of the Windfish ((not the one from MM)) was SOOOOO pretty, even coming outta' the Gameboy. I knows it by heart. Bow-Wow the Chain Chomp, ftw.

A Link to the Past: Just...awesome. It had everything a gamer wanted. A good, simple plot with solid gameplay. Bunny Link! Who doesn't love money-whoring monkeys?

Ocarina of Time: Was awesome. It set the pace for all 3-D Zelda games to come after it. It had variety, it had a solid plot, and it had awesome graphics for it's time. It allowed you to roam free, do what you wanted to inbetween progressing in the storyline. IT HAD FISHING.

Twilight Princess: Pretty graphics! A good plot, and thank goodness for the Midna and her role. It it wasn't for the Wolf-ness and the Realm of Twilight, it would've been Ocarina of Time all over again. The Wii-Mote made it super fun. The last fight is WAY to long though. :< Fishing rod trick is hilarious though. :[ And trying to get the Wedding Mask was like pulling your own wisdom teeth out. Frustrating. :< Pretty low on my list. Like...bottom.

Wind Waker - Hella' fun game. True the graphics are different, but they were adorable. I LOVED Link's eyebrows. And I love that it referenced back to the Link from Ocarina of Time. You didn't have to be "Link" you could be "Bob, the Hero of Wind!" It's nice not to ride a horse too, less saddle sore. This was so close to making my top five. It's like, 6. Right behind everything. Very fun game. =D

Oracle of Ages/Seasons - Both were fun, and each had their own qualities. I'd say their both 8 on mah list.

The Adventure of Link - Ahahaha! This game drove me insane. XD But it was fun. And funny. Seriously though, Link, half the time, that did NOT look like a real sword. Frikkin' classic and I think the only Side-Scroller Zelda game. x3 NES ol' school, bishes. Totally 7. xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While I do consider myself a Legend of Zelda fan, my appreciation for it probably comes more out of respect and interest than the actual games themselves. In truth, the ONLY LoZ game I have beaten (multiple times at that) is A Link to the Past, and it's not because I consider it the best game in the series. No, it's simply because the game was fun, had awesome music and... let's face it... compared to the 3D Zelda games, it was pretty easy/short. It's an easy game to get into, which is probably why so many people hail it so highly. I'm hoping Phantom Hourglass will have a similar feel to it whenever I finally get a copy of my own, and who knows? Maybe I'll actually play it through to the end.

As for the rest of the game series... I've pretty well played them all (from the original to Twilight Princess - even the Adventure of Link), but I've never beaten them. I think Majora's Mask is probably the only one (not counting the opposite Oracle game my brother owned) I haven't touched in some form, mostly because the moon scares me and the time limit idea made me paranoid. As I said above, tho, I really do appreciate the concepts of MM, just as I do the rest of the Zelda series. The world of LoZ is just something I've always enjoyed researching/hearing discussed/watching. And since the silly graphics comment was made towards Wind Waker, I consider it one of the prettiest games I've ever seen in gaming history.

In the end, I'm probably a bigger fan of Zelda concepts than I am of the actual games, but I still get giddy-excited each time a new one is revealed and strive to play it myself or watch it be played. I'm also a fanwhore over the Triforce, the Master Sword, and Link's hat/shield - but I'm sure most of you already guessed that :3

Well considering I've completed all the Zelda's besides Wind Waker and Twilight Prioncess. *Sorry I hated hunting for the stupid triforce pieces in WW) and in my own opinion the dungeons were too long in Twilight Princess. I mean I'm about halfway through Twilight Princess and have clocked about 18 hours just to get the Master Sword, now the controls for the Wii are fun but I just don't have the time to play.I will say OOT MQ was probably my favorite Zelda game. I disliked MM but only because I thought it was too gimmicky. Now the most balanced Zelda in my opinion would be AoL, I loved the fact that Link obtained magic got a few sword skills, and I believe Zelda II had the best enemy design. However I think they need to bring back Gleekok from the first Zelda and Aquarius, I loved these dragon type bosses.

Zelda I however was the funnest game in the series and LTTP jsut built upon the success of the first game. I enjoyed wandering aimlessly around the world.

I love them dearly. I got Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess for christmas and have been playing them nonstop since. I just got into them because of the classic story. Yes, its cliched but they do it so well.

I love the Zelda series XD My first game was Windwaker, and then a friend of mine had this game with all of the games and a 15-minute demo of Windwaker, so I played that and became aquainted with the older games. I also got Twilight Princess awhile back (has yet to complete it XP ).

I love the Zelda series. I exspecially love Twilight Princess. That game, to me, was the best out of all the Zelda games.

i agree with u there no more poofs of smoke after u killed someone that turn into an orb thing. brought back the graphics from OOT but way better. Also, made Hyrule bigger then it once was in previous Zelda games

Never tried the Wind Waker games... I just never really though Zelda looked in Cel-shaded.. but I might end up getting them when I get run out of games to play (although that doesnt seem like it'll happen anytime soon)

I absolutely love all the other Zelda games though.

The LoZ series is my next to favortie game series of all time. (my fav is Fire Emblem) The first one I played was Oracle of Seasons, and while it is not my favortie LoZ, and I still haven't beaten it, it holds a special place in my gaming heart. My favortie Zelda game is Twilight Princess hands down. Reasons? I love wolves. (and the graphics are pretty ^-^) I loved riding Epona everywhere. Wind Waker is right up there on my list, sailing around was all kinds of fun. Although, I have knocked it for it's graphics, kid Link just bugs me, and I absolutely hated the first boss. Other than that, good game.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I love some Zelda games and hate others. The Wind Waker was my favourite until Phantom Hourglass, which is pretty much my ideal game. I found the Minish Cap difficult and couldn't complete the very last boss, and have struggled almightily with Ocarina of Time - non-Master Quest version!

I definitely prefer the cutesy WW-style graphics. When I get picked up by a Floor Master in OoT, I will scream in terror and quite often be jumpy for several minutes. Walking through Hyrule village in the Bad Future with the Redeads scares the living daylights out of me. I find the game far too psychologically scary to enjoy. However, if I get grabbed by a Floor Master in WW, it's an annoyance, nothing more.

Have a mini-review of Phantom Hourglass copy & pasted from my journal:

Have been playing a whole load of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (on the DS). Apart from the fact you have to walk using the stylus (rather than the D-pad), its control system is totally intuitive. And I've been AMAZED to discover that it has a variable difficulty level built in. In the boss stages, if you die and hit Continue, the boss becomes visibly easier. There was some aspect of me getting better at it, but in addition the bosses slow down and don't attack as often, and you get more hearts to heal you as it happens. Which is something that Insomniac built right into the Ratchet and Clank games, and it's even in the Spyro games that weren't produced by them - but in general is very lacking from the video gaming experience. I like it.

You see, I love playing video games but am actually not very good at them. Any hand-eye co-ordination that exists in my body has been painfully trained in through years of being bad at video games. I can do puzzle-solving, no problem - I have a brain! But I have virtually no co-ordination, and SUCK at fighting. With most games, when it gets to a major fight sequence, I'm used to dying over and over and having to give the game to someone else to get past that part. For example, I never actually finished the Minish Cap, because I did the very final boss of the whole game something like 12 times on 3 separate occasions, and simply COULD NOT get past it, even doing exactly what the FAQ said I should do. (My problem in games is almost never figuring out what to do.) So it's really rather pleasant to find the game making itself easier for me so I don't have to give up.

Also, some of the dungeons in Phantom Hourglass have been tricky, but they've been almost entirely brain-taxing rather than physical ability-taxing. Again, this is unusual. I'm so used to sitting here looking at games going "well, I need to jump on this moving platform and then jump off just before it gets to the top so I get onto that other little ledge rather than falling down into the gaping chasm", and then spending half a freaking hour on that one part before luck strikes and I manage the timing. Whereas here, I've been having to draw all over the in-game map, and write myself notes, and deal with weird little hints. Even to do something as basic as open a chest, you might have to work out the timing of hitting the switch and getting through the spikes before the timer stops - but there will be a way to do it easily using one of your tools, and the brain part is in figuring out where to stand. I just did a part where you had to talk to 6 characters in the game and work out which of them was lying before you could unlock the next part of the plot. That rocked! There have been quite a lot of logic puzzles, and not too many incidents of me falling into gaping chasms.

I love the Zelda series. Absolutely genius. If I had to make a list, it would look somewhat like this.

1. Phantom Hourglass
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Oracle of Ages
4. Links Awakening DX
5. Twilight Princess.

Phantom Hourglass- I just got this game, and I freakin love it. I love how you don't know what the polls do, but then you get the Grappling Hook. I love the ship play better than the on in Wind Waker, that ship play scared the hell out of. You have a freakin kickass map full of treasure know. I love the bow alot though, and my ship looks pretty kickass too.

Ocarina of Time- 3DAWESOMENESSKTHNXBAI. I love that game to hell. I still play that on my nintendo. It's amazing! I just...can't explain it's awesomeness.

Oracle of Ages- RICKY! That's the one I got always. This game struck me as awesome for some reason. I mean sure, the bosses are too easy, but still. I liked the game. So sue me.

Link's Awakening DX- I think this game was so freaking unique to all the others. I mean really, Gaurdian Nut? I just liked this one as well.

Twilight Princess- I liked this game. LIKED. I played it for a long time, then stopped. When I got back to it, I didn't remember how to do anything, but I still thought this game was good. I stopped playing at the Ice Dungeon, the one at the Yeti's Palace. BURN IT! The thing I loved the most about that game was the bug finding side-quest. I loved that. I had my Strategy Guide, which I can't find...and I would go around finding the bugs. I remember I got so close, but the last two bugs were at the Temple of Time, right outside, and I couldn't get them, so I was mad. I did like the bosses also. I mean, kickass bone enemy thing? Yeaaaaa.

Suprisingly, I did not like Majora's Mask. I hated it, really.

LoZ holds a great dear place in my heart. I just love it to death. I got hooked on the very first one even though I never had a chance to beat it (had to play it over a friend's house). To name a favorite is really hard. I would have to lean towards Link to the Past as the best one, as it set the standard for the Zelda games to come. I used to just run around the overworld for hours on end just having fun. And it brought on some of the most anti thinking ever in a game, Wishing Waterfall anyone? *grumble grumble* What does this stupid fairy want me to give? What? You want one of my awesome weapons? Never!!! Wait, you want my boots? That just makes no sense!

Right after that is the whole Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask adventures. Just seeing our wonderful hero in full 3D goodness was pure awesomeness.

I loved the conectivity feature from the Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Was really cool to find out that there was a whole 'nother dungeon and boss battle if you used the completed code.

Minnish Cap was an enjoyable experience that gave a wonderful new outlook on the Zelda franchise.

Wind Waker got a bunch of flak for the cel shaded graphics, but it was seriously the most underappreciated one of the bunch. That game was BEAUTIFUL in the amount of expressions and artistic flair it had.

Link's Awakening DX was just pure fun. And yes I loved the whole ballad of the wind fish and bow-wow the chain chomp.

The Four Swords was just a fun game to play, the more the merrier.

Phantom Hourglass was very fun and super intuitive. The only grumble I have about it was going back to the same damn temple over and over again with out the use of super shortcuts (should have been able to bypass all the levels you already completed or at least just to the last one you did).

Twilight Princess was just too beautiful to behold. The gameplay was astoundingly fun. The story line incredibly intriguing. And the boss battles were just soooo epic. Best Ganondorf/Ganon battle EVER!

I kind of missed Majora's Mask after my N64 broke, but I got over it pretty quick. Wind Waker was one of the best games ever for the GameCube. That and all the other games Toon Link was in. I hate Tingle though >:(.. Wind Waker is a good example of Nintendo trying a new concept that actually turns out good.

The LOZ series are probably the best series out there. Great gameplay, great stories, original ideas (well, kind of). The only thing that I don't like about them is that they never seem to have satisfying endings.

*SPOILER ALERT*

In Twilight Princess, Midna went back to the Twilight Realm and destroyed the mirror that allows you to go there, and Link leaves in the end leaving Ilia.

In OoT, It had a really good ending, but MM ruins it by making Link leave.

MM, Link leaves, again!

*END SPOILER ALERT*

Also what I don't like about the games is that they don't follow one storyline in between games!
The only one I can think of that the story continues in between games is Oot and MM.

Overall though, the games are at the top of my list.