• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Vacation of Your Dreams

It's always been my dream to go to Paris and see some wonderful sights and see the first Librity Statue before anoter one came to America. Also, I would love to taste some of France's greatest food (plus meet some girls [come on; it's every man's dreams XD.]). Also, it would be nice to actually see the Paris Disneyland because i've seen images on the web and on TV (it was a 15th anniversary with Miley Cyrus)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Egypt.

I'm going to Luxor in October this year, so I'm finally going to have my dream holiday. I adore Egyptian mythology, my favourite God being Horus, so obviously I'll be going to his temple, Edfu. That's the main purpose of the holiday really, so two weeks may be over-kill XD

Karnak is another must see, so I can't wait. I'll be staying on an island on the nile ^^

I'd most likely visit my mother's family's farm-cum-diamond mine and meandre around South Africa (in as much as you can do that). I'd like to go to Pretoria, just to see if I could cross the road there (they have really wide roads). That sort of thing. It'd be nice to see the extended family. I'd go with Xanthier as well.

That or go to Japan. Xanth really wants to go to Japan. I'd like some proper sushi for once and a new Kimono.

Niagara Falls, New York.

Ever since I was little, it has always been a dream of mine to travel to New York. Upstate especially because of how beautiful it looks, and to obviously see Niagara Falls. (not saying there is anything wrong with the rest of New York). I also have wanted to see the ball drop in Time Square on New Years Eve :) Sadly though, my parents won't take me because we are tight on money as of right now..and I have to wait until we either get more money, or I go on my own. I can't wait ^^

New York City

I went once before about three years ago now, but I didn't really get to experience the city which I wanted to do. One day I hope some friends and I will go back and get a better look at what it's like to be a New Yorker, subways and all. And of course, I'd like to see the famous sites at well. But one of the best things about New York is just seeing the city at night time

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
The vacation of my dreams would be a world tour.

I can't pick one location on the planet that I'd like to visit for a single vacation, so why not see all of nature's beauty and man's ingenuity in one big vactation around the globe. There is a lot this world has to offer and I want to see it all.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Either Japan or New Zealand. Japan for the obvious reasons; awesome sushi, spam the Pokemon Centres, try not to insult the natives... :p New Zealand for its beauty. And because it's on the other side of the world to me, and I just think it'd be awesome to go there ^^ Plus it's better than Australia in my mind, purely because it's much like the UK - very few poisonous spiders/snakes. >>"

I would love to go to London. British culture and history is fascinating, and I love rain. I hate sunny weather, and everyone I know who has gone to the UK has said it rains a lot.

Not to mention, you have to love that a lot of the admins live in Europe, so that would add to the appeal.

Japan! hands down! I like almost everything about it, it's culture, food, history, and the famous coperation that this forum revolves around.

Although Chile or India would be quite interesting to visit as well. I love foreign places...

I would love to go to London. British culture and history is fascinating, and I love rain. I hate sunny weather, and everyone I know who has gone to the UK has said it rains a lot.

Not to mention, you have to love that a lot of the admins live in Europe, so that would add to the appeal.

I found London to be terribly enclosing, overly warm and it smelt funny. You can go to pretty much anywhere in England and get rained on. I think Wales is the same, not to sure about Scotland or Ireland, I think it snows (more) in Scotland. If you do go to London, do some traditional things: have a cup of tea, moan while in a queue, moan about the weather and have a good ol' fashioned curry. Curries are British.

I'm not going to say anymore about London, lest I put you off.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

I live in Sheffield, which is about three/4 hours away from London by train if I recall. I've been a few times, though never for longer than a long weekend. It's a very interesting place, but in terms of finding British tradition, I don't think it's the best example. London is very busy and terrible fast-paced, which in many ways takes a little getting used to. I could never live there, even though I wouldn't say that Sheffield is quiet. I live away from the industrial side of Sheff though, so it's more country-side.

However, London is certainly a great experience. The tube is awesome (Unless you're traveling in rush-hour) and there's always plenty to do and loads of places to shop. It's certainly worth a visit.

I found London to be terribly enclosing, overly warm and it smelt funny.
Smelt funny XD

It's always just the busyness that hits me. Everyone's always in such a rush...

Heh, I live for rush hour and tea!

Don't worry, nothing you have said has put me off from going to England. The only thing I'm worried about it looking/sounding too touristy. I know I'll have to learn different pronunciation, grammar, and terms, but I've always thought I should be more of a conforming guest then one who sticks out too much.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Don't worry about trying to fit in. London is by far the most visited English city, there are lots of different cultures and nationalities. That's mainly why, in my opinion, it's isn't the place to visit for English culture. London is a mash of loads XD

I'm sure you'll enjoy a visit though. Certainly lots to experience ^^

I really truly want to visit Mexico, buy a poncho. Become a rouge shoot down the president and leave on the taco bus. I also with to visit Africa with some money and give it all to the kids over there(Here kids take my pocket money!). We should accept more of them into our culture. Take them into our homes and fee them our food(Not my crackers and cheese you Kenyans from Kenya) I need a whole thread for this,

Teehee, for me, I'd probably settle for going anywhere in Europe in general, although my favorite place that I'd like to go to would certainly be France, and more specifically, Paris. My parents had gone there last summer without me, and they brought back so many really beautiful pictures of France, like the Saint-Michel, some of the Louvre, although my favorite was the Eiffel tower. Normally, I kind of hate it, but the picture my parents got had it lit up all in blue and such to commemorate something. Mostly though, I would like to see the Centre Pompidou, and La Gare D'Orsay, and, well, mostly, I'd just simply love to see Paris.

A dream vacation... that would entail an all expenses paid World Tour...

So many places I would LOVE to visit. I'll try to list them...

Japan (everywhere); New Zealand (to see Hobbiton) ; Australia; Cairo, Egypt (to see pyramids and Sphinx) ; Taj Mahal in India; The Great Wall and Bejing,China; Rome, Venice, and other cities in Italy; Germany, to see the Black Forest; Switzerland to see the mountains; Paris, France (the Louvre); Barcelona, Spain; All over the Britain Isles, London, Edinburgh, and to see Stonehenge in England; and finally, Ireland- Dublin and the countryside.

I'd also like to go to Alaska, to Yellowstone National Park, and few historic places in the United States too, but I'm much rather have the world wide trip.