• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Upcoming Nintendo DSI

P

Psycho Boost

I made this topic for the discussion of the DSI.
Exclusive Features
-Two digital cameras
-Able to be updated throughs points just as the Wii is able to
-Bigger and Brighter LCD screens
-Enhanced settings menu
-Built in web browser

nintendo-dsi-2.jpg

-Sorry if a topic like this was already made.

I find it funny that I just FINALLY got a DS Lite months ago, and there's going to be another cooler one! AHHH!!

The only crappy part about the DSI is that it will apparently not play GBA games...That's really a reason to keep an older DS around.

P

Psycho Boost

I find it funny that I just FINALLY got a DS Lite months ago, and there's going to be another cooler one! AHHH!!

The only crappy part about the DSI is that it will apparently not play GBA games...That's really a reason to keep an older DS around.

Ha, I guess you purchased a DS Lite at the wrong time. However, the GBA slot is not a big problem for me because I don't play GBA games anymore and I am not throwing out my DS.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I have a phone, that plays music and takes pictures and surfs the web, oh, and it makes phone calls. I have a camera. I have an iPod. I have a computer. I'm keeping my lite kthx.

I think I'm sticking with my original DS. Though it's chunky, it doesn't show finger prints as badly as the Lite does, and the GBA game doesn't stick out (that always annoyed me with GBC games on the GBA). I will say the DSi is nifty though--especially the web browser, but I'll only buy it if it becomes "necessary."

Don't need to have internet web browsing access on a portable game system, leave that to the big consoles, PCs, and cell phones. Keeping my DS Lite kthxbai.

I'll probably get one, but not right away. I wanna hear more about it and find out what it's actually like from the people that got it first. I never got a DS Lite 'cause my regular DS was fine but now...

My right trigger thing is broken. :(

I know, it's not that huge a deal. It still kinda works but you have to push really hard. It's just annoying when I'm making Pictochat animations or scrolling through my boxes on Diamond. So that's really my only reason for wanting one, and because its unnecessary features interest me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
A certain person is under the impression that no matter what I say, and how much I rationalize things (ie. the fact that the thing isn't really giving me that much new), I'll end up with a DSi at some point.

That certain people is probably right.

I'm a consumer whore, and I love the DS, so chances are at some point down the line I'll own a DSi, too. Considering how much I still use the GBA slot of my Lite, though, there's little chance that I'll be ditching it even after getting the DSi. I'll probably just save my DS Lite for my Pokemon games and play everything else on the DSi - unless its batteries keep running out mid-play.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Of course I'll get the DSi - it's got a new WarioWare.

Also, it's a lower-case 'i' for a reason... for one thing, DSI looks like some sort of Police Department name...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I still have the original DS and it works perfectly. I doubt I'll get the new DSi, unless of course my DS breaks or I hear that it's too awesome not to buy XD

I use the GBA slot loads, so it wouldn't make sense to ditch my DS and I can't see the point of owning both when I don't play that many games in the first place. I agree with Sem, I have a digital camera etc, so all those new features don't mean much to me. My DS is simply for playing games, and I think I'll keep it that way ^^

I'm a consumer whore, just like Katie, so no matter how much I say that I'm happy with my DS Lite, I'll be getting a DSi at some point. Hopefully I have the self control to wait until it drops in price a bit though. :\ The lack of a GBA slot kinda irks me, though; I don't want to have to haul around two consoles just so I can play Mother 3 or whatever plus the DSi games.

That WarioWare game is what's seriously tempting me, unfortunately. If it weren't for that, it would be an easier decision.

Bah, I think I might get one because I lost my DS Lite on a band trip. Which makes me feel like an epicphailure. So that might happen. I'd have to borrow one of my friends DS's to transfer 'Mons on to Plat if I get it. >.

I am not getting a DSi. I already have a Lite I'm very fond of.

In addition, I have a few GBA games, and I wouldn't want to get a DSi if I had to get a Gameboy SP or Advance to play them.

The lack of GBA slot also means no Pal Park. In addition, I already have a internet access, a digital camera (no matter how bad it is, it is a digital camera), and a GBA slot.

You know what all this means? No DSi for me!

I just got a new lite for Christmas because my old light well, kind of melted...

Anyways, the DSi sounds cool, but, Guitar Hero on Tour is one of my favorite games, and, without the game boy slot, I can't play. *Weepy Weepy* Also, what's going to happen to the pal park? I have a computer. Don't need a web browser on my Ds. We don't need our cell phones unlocking our cars now, do we?

I'm sticking with my Lite.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Due to the fact that my internet connection on my phone sucks, my parents don't allow me on the internet much at home, I really need a camera, and I already have my SP (lost though it is, I'll find it someday, even if that means rumaging the garbage dump and dealing with my SP's broken contrast thingie), if my parents will let me, I might bye this DSi thingie, though it may not really be worth the money. *laughs*

So all in all, I think I prefer the DSi to the Lite, but in reality, a Lite might be worth it because I have more GBA games than DS games (FireRed, Sapphire, and Emerald, then a mere Pearl. 'cause my parents won't let me bye more than that), and I hate dealing with my SP's crappy contrast.

Then again, it's quite likely I won't get either one. You people from the old days should know what I mean. :D

I would get one. I would keep my DS Light. A browser is good if you dont have a browser on a phone and you can settle debates with friends by pulling out the DSi and searching what is needed (i do that with my iPhone XD)

Plus my DS Light is beggining to get old, id only use it for pal park and gba games if i get the DSi

I think the Web Browser is an amazing idea but not being able to play GBA games is really a let down. I just hope it doesn't crash when it first comes out like what happened to the Xbox360.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
The lack of a GBA slot is disappointing, I agree. It means some games, such as Guitar Hero DS are unplayable on the console and features of certain games, IE Pokemon, are rendered unusable. That means if I did get a DSI I would have to keep hold of my DS anyway, so I might as well not bother with the upgrade.