• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Treasures of Todeno

Background Lore
40 years ago, a landmass had suddenly appeared in the middle of the southeastern Kanto Ocean. Researchers from the University of Kanto and the University of Unova, traveled to this strange new land, finding several Pokemon from around the world. Soon these researchers had learned that this new landmass was in the middle of a Pokemon migration route. They determined that this land was being used as a resting spot for Pokemon migrating between different Regions. Once word got out about this people started traveling to the land and colonizing it, building a massive city in the center. With all of these people a government was formed and they determined that there should be a Pokemon League and Contest System. To find Gym Leaders they decided to send out invitations to trainers in other regions asking for them to become seasonal Gym Leaders, to which, many had accepted.

Region

Todeno (my fan-made Region) is home to almost every Pokemon imaginable found in any region. There is a strange phenomenon that allows Pokemon with Regional Variants such as Alolan or Galarian Forms, to be found in the wild alongside their counterparts. Furthermore, the region is also home to multiple to several environments including an autumn forest, a hot desert, a freezing ice island, a glowing flower town, a towering mountain range, a gloomy swamp, a dense jungle, and a roaring volcanic territory. All of these areas surround a large island surrounded by tall castle walls.

Furthermore, Z-Crystals have been reported to be found around the island but they are scarce and only mined by big named companies.

Finally, there are many temples found around the region, and in their deepest chambers are Titan Pokemon, they are much like Totem Pokemon in that they are bigger than normal Pokemon. However, Titan Pokemon tend to be up to 50% bigger than normal Pokemon, (ex: Golurk is 2.8m tall, a Titan Golurk would be 4.2m tall). These Pokemon are also stronger than normal Pokemon and guard treasures left in their temples.

Todeno Champion's Cup
Because of the sightings of treasures as well as so many Pokemon, many trainers from around the world have traveled to the Todeno Region and built a massive Pokemon League to see who will be the best Trainer. The league is fairly usual, with the Championships being held in Crown City. Trainers participating will need to travel around the different zones, catching Pokemon and defeating the eight Type Masters in order to compete in the Championships and earn the title of Champion.

Each Gym is also managed by a Trainer from another Region who has decided to travel as a Type Master for their respective stadium.

Todeno Contest Association
Contests are in Todeno! With several Contest Halls located around the region for coordinators to travel around and compete in for a chance at the Grand Festival and the Title of Top Coordinator. The goal is the same as any other region, collect five ribbons to gain access to the chance at the Grand Festival.

Rules:
1) Obey the standard Pokecharms Rules!
2) Z-Moves are permitted in my RP but your character must be originally from Alola
3) Megas are permitted if you have an administrator's permission!!!
4) Legendaries (if anyone even owns one) are not permitted
5) Majority of posts must be at least one paragraph. (It's fine if sometimes you have to do the smaller posts, we all have those days, just don't let it become a habit).
6) Excessive dodging during battle will be heavily frowned upon. (I'm also a Pokemon anime nerd and Physics student, so I will call anyone out if I sniff some Mary Sue energy).
7) No Mary Sues
8 ) I will be looking into people's RP History, if you do not have it, I will DM you with a scenario to act out some RP situations.
9) We will be having a DM Discussion to talk about plot points.

Character Sheet:
(This is your RP entrance test, I believe Character Sheets are cheat sheets for people to submit what they believe is a "good" character. Put everything that YOU believe is important in a character sheet when applying. There are only two rules regarding your characters. First is about Pokemon, you may start with either:

> 1 second-stage Pokemon <
-or-
> 1-2 first-stage Pokemon <

Secondly, all Type Experts in the RP will be NPCs, sorry to say but OCs that are supposed to be Type Experts will not be accepted.
Good Luck and I look forward to seeing your characters.)

Last edited:
<Region Map>

Labeled with the Zones as well as types of Pokemon that can be found. The types are generalized concepts of what types can be caught, exceptions can/may be made during the RP.

RegionMap.png

<Maps>
Autumn Zone.png

Last edited:
This RP looks really interesting, if it's possible, may I make a Gym Leader/Type Master for this RP?

Also, in terms of second stage, do you mean a fully evolved Pokemon with only 2 stages, like Litleo to Pyroar and Zorua to Zoroark, etc, or do you mean Pokemon like Pikachu and Ivysaur?

@Red Gallade hey what sup Red I think Pyro maybe using NPC trainers for the Type Masters. But seeing as this is his show I say make a regular character sheet for now and if Pyro gives you the green feel free to make your Gym Leader seeing as RP is not up yet.

May I also join this RP?

Name: Rocky Comet
Hometown: Vaniville Town, Kalos
Height: 4"3
Hair: Black, medium, wavy
Eyes: Brown
Clothing: Red Jacket, grey shirt with a G-Max Cinderace's Pyro Ball, black slim pants, orange and navy boots.
Personality: An energetic kid who always helps people in need, and always stands up to people he regards as bad.
Family: Rocky is a relative of the Cyllage City Gym Leader, Grant. He has developed a love for Pokemon Battling through this. He soon got a Scorbunny as a gift from his parents, which he was very excited about.

Pokemon: Scorbunny
Ability: Blaze
History/Personality: Scorbunny was a gift for Rocky. He grew up with the small bunny until they were ready to adventure together on their own.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Going to have to veto the power spots here. Until canon produces any evidence that this phenomenon is not specific to Galar due to its unique involvement with Eternatus etc., Dynamax/Gigantamax is restricted to the Galar Region.

Hello giving an update quickly because I slept in, so sorry about that.

@BriefStar is accepted and please if anyone has any questions and I am not available go to Brief first, they are the one who helped me plan this RP so they know just as much as I do.

@Red Gallade you hit the nail on the head in terms of second-stage Pokemon, please take it as literally as possible, Golisopod, Zoroark, Pikachu, and Ivysaur are all second-stage Pokemon so go nuts.

@StellarWind Elsydeon you have my apologies for the Power Spot misconception on my part.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
No worries. Who knows? Give it a game release or two and they might decide to upend everything we know about Dynamaxing and somehow shoehorn it into an unrelated region, and if they do, the rules would get an update accordingly. xD

Name: Nepeta Leijon
Look:
thing_20201120_0004.png
also wearing a Z-Ring
Art Credit: Myself, i can show proof if necessary
haha homestuck go bRRRRRRRRR
yeah the name and appearance are homestuck references because i am unoriginal as fuck
Assorted pictured that aren't mine
Personality: Happy and Playful, likes to make friends. Entirely energetic. Loves to battle, accepts any challenge. Can get along with literally anyone. Loves Cats, doesn't have anything against dogs, she just prefurs (hA pUn) cats.
Origin: Alola (Akala Island)
Z-Ring? Yes
Any Z-Crystals? No

Pokemon:
Torracat (Leo, ♂)
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Lax
Moveset:
Dual Chop (Dragon)
Fire Fang (Fire)
Flamethrower (Fire)
Leech Life (Bug)

i think this is good
and yeah

Professor Pikachu PhD.

Previously Novice Trainer Kevin
Name: Kevin "Key" Marshalls
Height: 5'7
Personality: A laid back, big brother type. He just doesn't care at all about certain things. (Unless they're about pokemon. Then he's in.)
Bio: Kevin didn't really like his name, since he found it to be stupid. So he called himself Key. And he was able to fool himself into thinking that was his actual name. So now he just travels with his Pikachu, learning everything he can about pokemon. And what better place to go next then the Todeno region?

RP sample: "C'mon, partner. Let's do this." Key said, as Pikachu got into position. The trainer scoffed. "Hah! You and your Pikachu had better run while you still can! Me and Charmeleon will burn it to a crisp!" Key chuckled. "That's what you think. Let's settle this for real, ok bud? Pikachu, use Thunder!"

Partner Pokemon: Pikachu
Fun Fact: He has claustrophobia. (The fear of tight spaces.)

Admin edit: We have rules concerning the use of images in the RP forums. Be sure to read those. Image removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Maya Moneta
Personality: Maya appears very sweet, outgoing, and doofy! She's always caring for her Pokemon and, while she may look immature, she and her team respect each other deeply. She aims to be a Top Coordinator and her team can put on a show! J-just remember not to get on her bad side. While she conceals it well, deep inside her lies a cruel and vindictive specter who's willing to do anything to get what she wants.
Backstory: Having been bested by the gym challenge in Galar and beat down by the Contest Spectaculars of Kalos, Maya needed a fresh start. When she heard about a new region offering a Contest competition as well as many different types of Pokemon, Maya couldn't help but to be intrigued.
Appearance: Maya wears her lavender-dyed hair swept to the side, a common haircut in Galar. Her skin is fair and her eyes shine a piercing pink, though upon closer inspection you can see it's makeup. (How do those Galarian Stylists do it?) She wears a Fairy Uniform with lavender socks reaching up to about her thighs with a laced pattern and a lavender boater with a dark purple ribbon atop her head.
Hometown: Ballonlea, Galar
Likes: Contest moves, double battles, special and status attacks
Dislikes: Aggressiveness, Tamato Berries, Kantonian Slowpoke (Nobody knows why...)

trainercard-Maya1.png

If you need an RP example, lmk!

Hey everyone, sorry about the delays, I have had quite a busy week regarding some papers I had to write and a feeling of RP/creative burn out. I thought I would have more free time than I really did, and I'm so sorry to everyone who waited so long. Without further ado:

@<Inkscape> you are accepted
@G-Max Befuddle you are accepted

-Both of you are more than welcome to join but I understand a lack of interest after the long wait I subjected you both to-

@silverwind2020 you are still not accepted, I like your enthusiasm, but I looked at your own RP and I still think you need more experience. You're always welcome to reapply though.
@Novice Trainer Kevin same goes for you. I enjoyed your character, but I feel you need some more experience RPing, you're on your way through.

-I look forward to seeing both of your growths-

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! Re-read the first post