• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Support Group

After Zephyr spoke to the Doctor, he quietly walked away from him after some time had elapsed. He glanced over at the others that conversed with each other, as he noticed a Deerling and a Mincinno that were with them. He stood by near them, as he looked over at the Jangmo-o that was staring blankly at the Deerling. He cradled the Jangmo-o around his arms like a baby, as the Jangmo-o emitted a worried cry towards him.

He looked over at the nervous Jangmo-o, as he heard some footsteps coming near him. The Jangmo-o's tension rose like his perking tail, as he noticed a woman slowly walking towards him with a pinkish Poké Ball that was safely holistered on her left hip. His breath got faster the moment when he closely analyzed the woman, as she looked exactly like the woman that he saw in his past vision earlier.

The woman that he continued to observe at wore a white gown, and had pinkish hair that reminded him of the fairy type Pokémon that always dominated him in the past. He glanced over at the Poké Ball that rested next to the woman's hip, as its top half was lightly pink, resembling the color of her hair. There was a heart on the middle of the top half; there was also another heart around it that was whitish, like the vertically straight line that was inside the two hearts.

He began to realize that the woman was actually the Nurse that he saw in his past vision, as he squirmed in Zephyr's arms with the unease that was starting to get the better of him again. Zephyr noticed his teary eyes and his wails that he emitted off at him, as he said to him calmly after he saw the Nurse, "Okay, I just need y- you to try to c- calm down here... I understand that you are s- sc- scared of the lady here, but she is not going to h- hu- hurt you or a- an- anything."

The Jangmo-o desperately attempted to calm himself from his utmost perturbation, as he rubbed on his left arm and took in deep breaths. He felt the stinging pain in his left arm that still continued on, as he was rather sensitive when it came to pain tolerance and treatments. He continued to sob in Zephyr's arms, as the Nurse sent out her Pokémon and said to him in a serene tone, "Jangmo-o, look... it's okay here. I understand that you're a bit upset from me and my Blissey treating you, but it's for your own good. I know that it does sting a little here, and that it might make you want to cry. If you want to, you can have the boy follow me to my office with you so that me and Blissey can have a nice talk with you two."

Last edited:
Doctor Edelstein simply watched as the group interacted, glad to see that despite their conditions, they all seemed to be getting along perfectly. The boy with the jangmo-o seemed rather fond of the little pokemon, despite it being unfit for purpose, and thus, he couldn't bring himself to wrench it from him... He wondered if the creature's anxiety might rub off on the other patients, though...

He turned his attention to the newcomer, immediately greeting her. "Ah, yes, I'm Doctor Edelstein, and I'll be taking care of you lot while we're here. We're a circle of friends supporting each other on our journeys to recovery! Why don't you tell me your name, dear?"

Taking that as her cue, Iris stepped forward, eager to engage wth the newcomer. Everyone else seemed to have already made friends here... Maybe nobody liked her, and thus, they were purposely avoiding her and Candy?! It was because she's gotten a shiny, wasn't it? They were probably jealous... Either way, she had to make at least one friend here, or these sessions would be nightmares...

"Um... I'm..." Iris began, burying her head in her buneary's fur, "I'm... Iris..."

Prism looked over towards the Buneary, she leapt off of Deerling and onto Iris's head. Lara buried her head in her hands and then quickly rolled her wheelchair over to Iris. "I'm so sorry!" She said picking up Prism, "Prism loves other Pokemon and is sometimes a bit too friendly"

Iris froze in her spot, clutching Candy so hard, that the buneary began to squirm in her grasp. She'd been bullied a lot before, and one of her former bullies had owned a minccino...

Candy, aware of her mistress' obvious discomfort, jumped out of Iris' arms, attempting to pound the minccino off of her head. Iris shook, hiding herbrapidly reddening face with her hands.

The Buneary hit Prism off of Iris's head and onto the floor. Tears welled into Prism's eyes. Lara gasped and scooped Prism into her arms. "Are you okay Prism? You're safe now" Lara said, Prism was shivering. Prism had just been trying to make friends. "That Buneary was pretty nasty to Prism, the trainer looked scared but Buneary didn't have to hurt Prism" Lara thought.

(OOC: Yes, I know this post is quite LONG here. I'm pretty sure that this is my longest post yet.)

BIC:
The Jangmo-o hesitantly nodded at the Nurse after he heard her, as Zephyr said to her, "Well, I'm sure that we c- can t- talk with y- you here... he's been quite n- nervous a lot lately."

The Nurse replied to him in a calming tone, "I understand that he's a bit nervous here, he just doesn't really seem to like me since he knows that I'm the one that treats all the Pokémon; baby or adult, with medicine and other things. I'm just going to talk with you and him first, then we will get to the other matters about the Jangmo-o after."

The Nurse walked with Zephyr and the other Pokémon to her Office, as she closed the door as soon as she was inside with the others. Zephyr sat down in a blue, cushioned seat, while the Jangmo-o sat on his lab. He looked over at the Jangmo-o, noticing his saddened moans that he uttered out at him, as he said to the Nurse, "I just feel like he might need some help like me possibly here. I know that I was like him, and it's okay if he doesn't fit the p-purpose of being sociable or a- anything."

The Nurse replied to him, "He's been like this lately unfortunately, and well... he's also been attempting to hide it, but he's just like letting it all out when he's next to you I suppose. Maybe he likes to be around you since he seems to be more open to you about things when he is with you." The Jangmo-o gave off a hesitant nod at the Nurse, as tears continued to rain down his gloomy eyes.

The Nurse got up, and said to Zephyr and the Jangmo-o as she walked over to another room in her office, "I have to get something now, it's for Jangmo-o since he needs to have his medicine. I should have told you earlier about this here. I'll be right back, Jangmo-o... please try to relax okay?" The Jangmo-o became rattled after hearing what the Nurse said, as he emitted a timid, babyish cry towards her.

The Blissey's fur wiggled in response to the Jangmo-o's fussy outbursts, as she quietly walked over to Zephyr. She said to him while cradling her arms around to signal a gesture towards him, "Blissey, Blis?" He nodded at her; knowing that she wanted him to hand the Jangmo-o over. He slowly handed the Jangmo-o over, as the Jangmo-o continued to sob and squirm about. The Blissey held the Jangmo-o in her arms like a newborn baby, as she attempted to calm him from his fit of agitation. She quietly sang a little song to him, while slowly moving her arms in a rocking motion that resembled that of a hammock.

Unfortunately, the Jangmo-o continued to wail at the Blissey and especially at Zephyr in a fit of petulance. The Blissey looked rather surprised at the Jangmo-o; noticing that he was not even calmed the slightest from her nursing. The Jangmo-o's scales started to shake in anxiety when his eyes saw the Nurse coming back with a tray that accommodated the space for some medicinal equipment. She placed the tray down on a whitish table that was adjacent to her desk. The Jangmo-o sniveled the moment when he saw a cylindrical-like tool that rested near a small jar that housed a dormant, greenish liquid. There was also thin layer of fabric that was composed of linen and cotton that lied near the small jar. The Blissey handed back the Jangmo-o to Zephyr, as she said to Zephyr in a concerned tone, "Blissey... Blissey." Zephyr nodded at her and gently gasped the Jangmo-o by his sides, as he held him down on his lap to prevent him from squirming out of his lap. The Jangmo-o let off a frightened cry at the Nurse, as he squirmed in Zephyr's arms; attempting to break free from his strong grip. Zephyr continued to hold him down in his lap, as he said to the Jangmo-o, "Look b- buddy, if ya don't m- move... this will be o- over quick."

The Nurse chuckled at Zephyr, as she replied after picking up the glossy, cylindrical apparatus, "Well, he's got a point Jangmo-o, staying still will definitely help you out and get it done a lot quicker." The Jangmo-o still continued to squirm about in Zephyr's gripped arms, as the Nurse quickly filled the syringe from the liquid that was from the small jar. She walked towards the fussy Jangmo-o, as she said to him while pointing the syringe towards his left arm, "Okay buddy, just close your eyes and think of a happy place okay? Don't think about the medicine, it'll only make you more nervous now." The Jangmo-o ignored the Nurse with disobedience, as the Nurse gave off a quiet giggle and said to the Jangmo-o, "Well... let's just get this over with then Jangmo-o, just try to relax then..."

The Jangmo-o continued to sob and thrash about, as the Nurse said to Zephyr with a confident tone, "Okay, can you hold his left arm still? I need to inject the medicine into him here."

Zephyr replied after grasping his left arm in a firm grip, "Alright Nurse... I suppose that it's time to g- give him the m- med- medicine..." The Nurse quickly poked the needle into the bawling Jangmo-o's left arm with haste, as she quickly administered the needed medicine into his arm. She quickly pulled out the syringe after all the medicine had been injected, as the Jangmo-o uttered out a shriek after! Zephyr continued to calmly hold down the flustered Jangmo-o on his lap, as he said to him while using his right arm to calmly stroke his head, "It's okay J- Jangmo-o... it's all over now. I understand that you're a bit upset since it hurts a lot." The Blissey grabbed the bandages that were on the tray still, as she slowly wrapped them around the Jangmo-o's left arm. She smiled at the Jangmo-o after she finished bandaging his arm, as she said to him in a calm tone, "Blissey. Blissey." All she could hear from his reply was an incomprehensible babble and more weeping, as she thought to herself, "Boy oh boy... this little guy sure does cry a lot. I think maybe I might need to get Chimecho to have a chat with him possibly here, since he's the one that can talk to others more easily."

The Nurse said to Zephyr after placing the syringe back on the tray, "Okay, so the Jangmo-o is fine here now, but... unfortunately, since the medicine does tend to cause some stinging pains from him, he might not be able to physically attack. That means that it'll be a bit hard for him to defend himself with his arms and claws here. I would suggest to avoid battling unless if it is absolutely necessary here; until the arm is done completely healing from the stinging pain." Zephyr nodded after listening to the Nurse, as he calmly stroked the Jangmo-o's back in an attempt to calm him. His sobbing started to gradually cease, as he lied on his lap and dozed off soon after. The Blissey took the tray back to the other room that the Nurse was previously in earlier, as Zephyr continued to stay inside the Nurse's Office; caring for the Jangmo-o that drowsed on his lap.

Lara wheeled herself out into the garden. Prism cuddled against Lara's hand. Prism was scared again, she thought she could make friends but apparently she couldn't. Prism didn't mean to scare that trainer, she was trying to make friends as she had seen how nervous she looked. Tears brewed up in Prism's eyes, she had used to get bullied exactly like that. Pokemon would throw her to the ground, never wanting to be friendly.

Prism's face lit up as she saw the deerling come rushing towards her. Prism leapt off of Lara and onto Deerling. "Min! Mincinno!" Prism exclaimed. Lara laughed, at least Prosm got along with Deerling.

"Did you really have to do that, Candy?!" Iris scolded, "Great, now nobody here likes me!"

As terrified as Iris was of that minccino, she'd have preferred that the buneary use something gentler to get her off. Iris was simply too terrified to politely ask the girl to get that minccino off. She'd tried that before, when she went to school. So many of the girls who had bullied her had used their minccino to fury swipe her in the halls, or rip up her books.

"Who could like me, anyway, though?" Iris lamented, "The girls at school were right. I am an ugly wimp. I'll never be able to make any friends!"

(Oh shoot, the thread didn't notify me of any new posts, so so sorry!!)

After Doctor Edelstein responded to her, she nodded awkwardly and smiled, proceeding to speak in a firm tone, "Hello, Doctor Edelstein, I'm Rukan. It's finally nice to meet you and I hope I get along with everyone!"

She smiled again and quickly turned around, noticing a young girl peeping at her cautiously. She was curious at first and upon glancing at her facial features, she identified her timid nature, and immediately thought of befriending the little girl. Thinking little of the girl's apprehensive nature, Rukan started to whistle and slowly approached the potential friend. When she finally reached the little girl, she lifted her hand gesturing a brisk wave. "Hi, I'm Rukan! I saw you over here alone and wanted to talk to you. What's your name?", Rukan gently asked as she subtly rubbed the aqua-colored pokeball she was still carrying.

((Hope it isn't too late to join up :p))

Name: Jack
Condition: PTSD, Depression
Outpatient
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack quietly stood up from the chair he had been sitting in. Nobody in the group seemed to have noticed him, despite the fact that he had been watching them silently ever since the young, stuttering boy had snatched the first pokeball. Sighing as he silently shuffled up to the tray, Jack eyed the remaining pokeballs. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to be anywhere. In fact, ever since the incident, he didn't want to be in general. And yet, here he was. Might as well see how it goes, the young man thought to himself as he grabbed an ultra ball, frowning. He hadn't held a pokeball in a long time, and the last time he had was certainly less than pleasant. Holding the ball as far away from him as he could, Jack pushed the button, releasing a little green bird. The tiny Natu chirped happily as it stretched its wings before turning to face its owner, expecting a big smile.

Jack began to sob. Of all the things he had expected, this wasn't one of them. Tears running down his face, he scooped up the little bird, hugging it tightly as it chirped with concern. Dropping to sit on the ground with a thump, Jack cradled his Natu and continued to cry.

Last edited:
Name: Katie
Condition: AvPD (Avoidant Personality Disorder)
Outpatient

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Though the idea of giving the children a Pokémon to care for and play with wasn’t a bad idea at all, Katie just couldn’t do it. She wanted to, just like she had wanted to talk to the others in the group, but it isn’t always that simple. She was absolutely terrified of the idea that someone, anyone, would reject her. Just the idea of being ridiculed, humiliated or simply disliked crippled Katie in her day-to-day life.
What if her Pokémon didn’t like her? What if she chose the ‘wrong’ one and someone would get mad at her for picking it? She couldn’t do it, there was no way. The girl envied some of the others and how they were able to speak normally to each other.

If only she could overcome this innate fear and take the Fast Ball she had been looking at since it had been brought in. If only. Katie sighed and pulled up her legs onto the chair, wrapping her arms around it, and kept eying the Fast Ball, hoping it would somehow convince her she could take it. Convince her it wouldn’t reject her immediately.

(Sorry! I stopped getting alerts!)

Iris shook as she clutched her buneary, unsure as to whether or not it was a good idea to approach anyone else. Candy seemed a little... Extreme already, and she'd already destroyed any chance that she had of befriending the girl in the wheelchair.

"I-Iris..." she said quietly, drawing back.