• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Silver Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
After months of waiting, you receive this message:

Greetings Trainer (Insert name here)!

You have been qualified for the once in a lifetime event, the Silver Tournament! You and 79 other competitors will compete for the chance to scale Mount Silver, which has been closed due to recent discoveries. However, if you win the tournament, you will have the chance to climb it and face one of the greatest trainers of all time...

Link to discussion (please post all join requests and character profiles here):
https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-silver-tournament-discussion.17487/#post-502780

G.K. sighed, looking out of the taxi. The driver spat a piece of gum out the window and into the traffic. "This the spot?"
He nodded. "Yeah, thanks for the ride."
"No prob, it's just my job, see? Although, you DO know I have to charge you, right?"
He nodded.
"Good. 35."
G.K. handed him the money. The driver grinned.
"Pleasure doing business with ya. Oh, and good luck."
He drove off, leaving G.K. to stare at the large colosseum at the base of the mountain.

Leafeon trotted ahead, nearing the base of Mt. Sliver, where a majestic colosseum stood. Instead of ogling at the structure in front of her, Artemis gazed at the height of the intimidating mountain. She apparently grinned, continuing to approached the colosseum.

"The champion of Kanto resides here," She murmured, speeding up to Leafeon's pace. "I guess that training was worth it, right, Leafeon?" Her Pokemon nodded in agreement, and the pair arrived at the base of the mountain. Leafeon proceeded to perch on Artemis' shoulder, dumbfoundedly starring at the colosseum.

(I meant to comment earlier, but I didn't have any ideas. :'|)

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. walked up to the receptions booth, handing his letter to the receptionist.
"You are in the tournament. Have a nice day; the Trainer's Village, where you'll be staying, is down the trail." She pointed to a dirt trial that led into the forest surrounding the mountain. G.K. sighed. "How far's the walk?"
"About an hour."
G.K. kicked, shoved his hands in his pockets, and wheeled into the forest.

"And I suddenly wished I kept that Rapidash," Artemis complained, Leafeon pouting at her trainer's reaction. "Another hour of walking. I thought this was a tournament, not a marathon."

Reluctantly, Artemis proceeded into the forest, Leafeon marching at her side. "I wonder if there's any sort-of wild Pokemon here," She absent-mindedly said, observing the scenery. "What do you think, Leafeon?" The Pokemon nodded her head in agreement, seemingly prepared for battle if something were to unexpectedly pounce on them. Leafeon watched as other trainers passed the pair, oddly not initiating any battles to test their opponents before the tournament.

"Probably one of the rules," Artemis shrugged. "If not, these people are extremely polite."

Colton reached the reception desk. "How far is it?" He asked. "An hours walk." "Can I ride a pokemon there?" "Yes, just be careful for other competitors." Colton ran out, after being registered. "Come on out!" Colton said, as his shiny Mudsdale came out. Frostbite rode on Colton's shoulder. 'Riding on Mudsdale would take this hour walk to a 20 minute ride' Colton thought, as he mounted on his pokemon. Once he was on, Mudsdale raced ahead, dodging the people walking over.

Gold reached the trainers village after the hour of walking though forest he decided to walk with one of his pokemon. "I CHOOSE YOU LYCNRUF!" Lots of trainers gathered to see Gold's Lycnruf. (btw Golds lycnruf is in midday form) he remembered the Hanter he traded for the Rockruff that would evolve in the Lycnruf " Ya know Lycnruf you're one of the strongest Pokémon I own"
The Pokémon nodded in agreement
"Ha ha let's go pal."

Leafeon reluctantly returned to her Pokéball, and Artemis proceeded to conceal the item in her backpack, continuing onwards to Trainer’s Village. Artemis ambled through the woodlands, eventually arriving into an open area. Probably Trainer’s Village, she thought to herself, gazing about the place. I wonder when the tournament begins.

Feeling the Pokéball move around in her backpack, Artemis tugged Leafeon’s Pokéball out of her backpack, releasing the grass-type Pokémon. Leafeon appeared, instantly perched on Artemis’ shoulder, and the Pokémon joyously repeated its name numerous times, content with their location. “Finally, you’re happy.” Artemis mumbled, snickering at Leafeon’s reaction.

Colton, being one of the first few there, already resided a cabin. Tossing his bag down on a bed, he walked out. For the first time, he took heed of his surroundings. "We are finally here. First Sinnoh, now Kanto." Colton said to Frostbite. He looked around, and saw a billboard. "The games start tomorrow. Sounds fun." Colton read out. "Looks like we get some time to relax." Colton preceded to sit by the fire blazing in the center of the camp.

Gold finnaly fond his cabin "Ugh finally I found it!" Lycnruf blew a sigh of relief (btw lycnruf is a nick name) Gold walked in and saw a bag on of the beds "Huh I guess we have roommates." Gold decided to take a walk and check out competition "OK Lycnruf Return and come on out Pikachu" the Pokémon exited its pokeball and the two set off

Artemis headed towards a vacant cabin, setting her supplies on the floor, and Leafeon leapt from her shoulder onto the mattress. The grass-type needed rest, and it was quite apparent as Leafeon was soon enough comfortably slumbering. Shrugging, Artemis released Venusaur, and her starter grumpily gazed at her.

“Hey, I need a Pokémon,” Artemis explained, her Venusaur mockingly snorting. “Otherwise people will believe I’m an on-site healer, and wouldn’t consider me to be apart of the competition.” With that, Artemis left Leafeon to rest while she and Venusaur decided to tour the Trainer’s village.

"Well Well if it isn't Artemis" Gold said mockingly "Look you're one of those on-site healers how's about heal Pikachu here heh heh" Gold's Pikachu bursted out laughing "pika pika pi" Gold gleefully smirking later "Later Artemis"

Last edited by a moderator:
Venusaur gloomily followed Artemis, eventually appearing alongside her, and he snorted at Gold. “Actually, I’m another Pokémon trainer,” She retorted. “And, I was requested to participate in this tournament because of my strength. I’ve improved greatly. In fact, I caught a shiny while in Kanto.”

Leafeon groggily stepped out of the cabin, dragging herself to Artemis’ side. The grass-type crawled onto Venusaur’s back, noticing the Pikachu. She instantly awoke, starring daggers at the Pokémon. Artemis quickly grabbed Leafeon, preventing the Pokémon from attacking the electric Pokémon.

"Oh, and, Leafeon doesn't have a good reputation with electric-type Pokémon. I'd watch your Pikachu. Who knows when she'll attack? But, I guess I'll see you in the competition."

Jamie's stilled eyed her invitation as she walked, she was never a very flashy trainer. Beat all the gyms but didn't even try for the championship- fame was never something she wanted so she stuck on the down-low- she wasn't sure how she got invited. But ever since reading the letter, a sense of determination filled her and she refused to back down. Not watching where she was going, Jamie completely tripped over a rock and fell onto her elbows which she used to catch herself. Manectric turned to face her with a concerned glance, it's shiny spikes shimmered in the sunlight, Jamie huffed and rushed herself off- "Guess I'm a little disoriented." she sighed with a smile before using her companion to help herself up. She then patted the Electric type and rubbed under his chin before walking past him leaving the pokemon to follow her into the woods. It was then that an idea struck her, "Come on out, Salemence!" she called as the large dragon type appeared in front of her. "Mind giving us a ride?" she grinned, but to her dismay the blue creature shook his head and turned his back to his trainer. Although very strong, ever since evolving Salemence had been completely ignorant to Jamie's role as his trainer.
Jamie rubbed her forehead, but she didn't want to make a seen in front of the other trainers, especially if it made her look inferior as a trainer, returning the pokemon she smiled at Manetric, "What's another hour gonna do?" she smiled before marching into the woods. At finally arriving in the camp Jamie let out a sigh of relief. Manetric was obviously in better shape than his trainer as he nudged her to continue towards the cabins.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trinity grumbled as he pressed his elbow against his knee and propped his head up with one hand while the other hand read over a map of Mt. Silver, he was sitting criss-crossed on the back of his Torterra who moved steadily through the forest grunting every so often as if asking permission to break which Trinity gave him. The boy was in no hurry knowing that the competition would not start up right away, and he honestly didn't want to have to go through introductions with other trainers. Leaning backwards against the tree that sprouted from his pokemon's back Trinity huffed before putting the map down, "Tell me once we're there-" he muttered before closing his eyes lightly and resting his hands on his stomach, a sudden jerky stop caused the boy to fall forward and groan. Looking up he saw that Torterra was surrounded, :"God I hate forests." he growled before sliding off of the giant turtle's shell- it seemed he had trespassed into a Houndoom's territory, it's pack consisted of mostly houndour's though. After releasing a dramatic sigh Trinity lazily brought his Jellicent form it's pokeball, "You guys picked the wrong trainer to growl at-" he cocked a brow before commanded the oddly colored Jellicent to use Waterspout, his pokemon made a twirling motion in order to hit all the enemies with it's strong blast of water- but it got slightly carried away. By the time it has finished his jolly spins he looked to see both Trinity and Torterra soaked and his opponents all fainted. The floating pokemon sheepishly apologized but Trinity simply returned it and carried on his way, now soaked and tired- he hoped everyone else's journey was just as much of a nuisance.

Last edited:
"Oh yeah I'm the one who will face Red" Pikachu nodds in agreement "Pika" Gold smirked "and my Lycnruf can't stand Grass types" said Gold as he tossed Lycnruf's Pokeball up and down "so...how about a battle I already checked with Officer Jenny an spar battling is aloud unless you to chicken" Pikachu is Glaring at Leafeon and Gold with challenging eye waits for Artemis' reply

Colton grinned. It was always nice to watch competitors battle. It was always a good way to find out their strategy. Colton just learned that gold had a lycanrock, and a Pikachu. Also, Artemis had a leafeon. Colton moved to get a better view of the battle. 'I wonder what they will do.'

Artemis eyed Gold, glowering at him. “Fine. Challenge accepted.” Venusaur growled and Leafeon instantly leaped in front of Artemis, prepared for battle. “But, we’ll only use two Pokémon. My Leafeon and Venusaur versus your Pikachu and Lycanrock. It’ll be a double battle.” Venusaur and Leafeon were beside each other, both of them ready for the combat to begin.

"All right Lycnruf I choose you!" Gold said as he sent out the Pokémon "So I presum you'll choose the Leafeon"
Lycnruf hasn't take it's eyes of Leafeon sent It was sent out Gold thought to himself "Even though Lycnruf is stronger it's at disadvantage I better be care full"

“I guess I’ll choose Venusaur first,” Leafeon returned to Artemis’ side. “It should be an easy defeat. I mean, Venusaur is one of the slowest Pokémon in Kanto.” Venusaur murmured his name despondently, nearly frozen in his stance, his expression stoic. “Solar Beam.” Artemis whispered under her breath, and her Pokémon complied, beginning to gather energy from the sunlight as he planned to attack the next turn.

Pro Hero Dekiru

G.K. opened the door to his cabin, which he soon discovered he was sharing. He shrugged, opening his drawer. He put his stuff in, locked the drawer, then went off to check around. Better see the sights while he could, since he would be battling tomorrow.

Noticing the battle between the two had started, Colton took a pair of dark glasses and put them on. By clicking a button on the side, it started a video camera to record the battle before him. Colton has used this strategy against many opponents, who reviel their attack plans early. Thats why Colton always used a three strat for each pokemon, and one partner.

Jamie strutted to a cabin and swung the door open in hopes that her friendly roommate would be inside, but it seemed she was the only one there. With a shrug she held the door for Magnetric before tossing her stuff onto the bed, "I like it!" she smiled as her pokemon nodded in agreement. "Slowking, Scizor come on out!" she cheered as two of her other pokemon appeared beside her. "I hope you don't mind helping us decorate." she shrugged as she unpacked her stuff- whether she was spending years or hours in that room, it was necessary for her to have it decorated.

After what seemed like days Trinity came upon the town, he slid off of Torterra and rubbed the pokemon's face. After embracing his Torterra who was very tired Trinity took a step back and returned the pokemon. He then attached the pokeball to his belt with the 5 other's across his waist and straightened the dog tags around his neck. He didn't plan on revealing anything early, not even allowing anyone to see his pokemon until the first match.

Venusaur’s Solar Beam had been countered with Strength, and both moves landed instantaneously. With half of her Pokémon’s health being depleted, Artemis reached for another Pokéball. He's probably going to use a fire-type when Lycanrock faints, Artemis thought to herself, her eyes glancing at Lycanrock. That means I should use Frillish to counter that Pokémon’s type… Artemis was prepared to switch her Pokémon if necessary, and she met Gold’s gaze, sneering at him in the process.

"What the?"Gold he noticed Colton doing something with his glasses "something isn't right" this is getting odd he's doing something with those I know Gold thought

While Gold wasn’t paying Atremis any attention, the trainer swiftly switched her Pokémon, her Frillish levitating above the ground. The water/ghost-type Pokémon starred at Lycanrock, perplexed by the current situation. Frillish should be capable enough to finish Lycanrock, and the fire-type Pokémon. If that’s the one he plans to use.

Looking through the dark glasses, only Colton could see all the specific data on his side of the glasses. Information like time taken for the Venusaur to charge solarbeam. Also, the reaction time of the Lycanrock. Every movement the pokemon did, caused more information for Colton. He had looked in the rules, and nowhere did it say you couldn't use recording devices. So Colton broke no rules. And as each second played out, he gained more information, and that information paired up with Colton's best pokemon needed to fight with.

Last edited:
"Lycnruf return" I have to I have no choice thought Gold "I chose you Venusaur" Gold thought to himself I should finish this one quickly "Venusaur razorleaf let's go"

The once wooden interior of Jamie's cabin was turned into a colorful wonderland which she prayed her room mate wouldn't mind. She ran a hand through her bouncy pruple hair before high fiving her pokemon then returning Scizor and Slowking. Wondering what everyone was up to outside she closed the door behind her and walked curiously out to a field where 2 trainers were already battling. "Man-" her companion tilted his head as she smiled, she stood for a few moments just watching the battle.

Trinity found an empty cabin and unpacked his stuff, he then put on a black baseball cap and walked outside. He eyed the locals who didn't regard him as part of the tournament due to the fact he had no pokemon by his side, but he paid no mind to them either. A few trainers passed him as he walked causing him to grin cockily, if he had any doubt that the win was his before it had vanished by now.

“Frillish counter with Shadow Ball,” Artemis shouted, watching as her Pokémon barely had time to react. “Use Psychic!” Leafeon observed as Frillish used the psychic-type move, which would be super-effective against the Posion-type half of Venusaur. Then, the grass-type caught sight of Colton. She snorted, threateningly preparing the Razor Leaf move, attempting to stop the recording of this battle.

Frostbite, who was sitting on Colton's lap, saw the attack coming, and used frost breath to stop the incoming razor leaf. "Hey, watch it!" Colton yelled out to the trainer of the Leafeon. "Try to keep your pokemon under control! It just tried to hit me with a razor leaf!"

"Venusaur use vine whip to hold on to the ground" i'm getting worried thought Gold if Colton keeps recording then he know all of my moves I need to be more careful.

Frillish countered the moves, using Hydro Pump to deflect the attacks. However, Frillish wasn't immune to the affects of Bullet Seed, and fainted. Artemis glowered at Gold, releasing her Venusaur onto the battlefield. "Venusaur, use Synthesis!"

Artemis growled as Venusaur fainted. "Go, Mawile," She announced, her Pokemon gleefully jumping onto the battlefield. "Use Fairy Wind!"

"Mawile, use Iron Defense," Artemis helplessly shouted, perplexed by how she'd messed her strategy up. "Use Iron Defense, again!"

"Now things are getting interesting" this is a rush Gold thought "Incredaroar let show our z move use MALICIOUS MOONSAULT"

As the intensity of the battle thickened Jamie became engrossed in the scene. She watched intently for some time before becoming aware that there was another viewer in the distance. She assumed that the two battler's didn't mind and audience so leaned back on one foot to a more comfortable position before crossing her arms with plans to stay for the battle's result.

Trinity groaned at the sight of multiple trainers showing off their pokemon, which in his opinion where pathetic. Though Trinity was never impressed with other's pokemon he was confident in his ability to win this tournament. Making his way farther from the town he walked deeper into the woods were nobody was likely to see him. He often did this- he hated to be in crowded spaces especially before a battle.

after Gold defeated Artemis the two met and shook hands "Good battle"
Gold looked in to Artemis eyes "ill catch ya later" Gold looked for the next trainer to his eyes met with Jamie's " hey you wanna battle?"

Status
Not open for further replies.