• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Return of The iFlare(Requests are Closed. D:<)

Re: The Return of EpicFlare(Sprites came back with me)

JKPhage said:
Dude, it's AWESOME! Thanks so much! I actually like how the hair came out anyway. I might fiddle with it in my spare time, but it actually came out better than I imagined. Thanks again!
Thank you very much. :D
Anyway, on to another Distraction, out of boredom, I decided to throw together another team pose:

elijah__s_team_pose_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d34r3na.png

Elijah and his team of Grass behemoths.
'Cuz Elijah is just so small... :)

Heh, looks like a fun little character. Little guy, BIG team. lol

Anyway, just out of courtesy I figured I'd show you what I tweaked on the sprite you made me. I know you said you had trouble with the hair/face area, so maybe this'll help ya in the future. I'm still nowhere near good, but hey, I've picked up a few good ideas on this forum. :)

One with the swoop hair:
PhageTrainer3.png

And one with the bangs trimmed back so you can see the face. Actually like this one better than the swoop:
PhageTrainer2.png

And now I'll stop threadjacking you. lol. Looking forward to seeing what all else you crank out.

I have to commend you on those, the way you attempted the swoop was different that how I did. But perhaps it would be better if you started your own sprite topic to show those off, because I think thats posting them in my topic was against the rules. I'm not angry at all that you did it, I just don't want you getting in trouble. But your new, and we all make mistakes. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

hey your sprites are great =D first of all id like permission to use you officer jenny and nurse joy,second could you sprite this guy???

Trainer Sprites:
Name: Riku
Clothing: in picture
Special Features: in picture (cast)
Guide Picture(optional): http://www.plutonianshore.net/graphics/ ... H2Riku.jpg
Base Sprite(optional): naahh

Petrex said:
hey your sprites are great =D first of all id like permission to use you officer jenny and nurse joy,second could you sprite this guy???

Trainer Sprites:
Name: Riku
Special Features: in picture (cast)
Guide Picture(optional): http://www.plutonianshore.net/graphics/ ... H2Riku.jpg
I'll get started with the request ASAP, as for the Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny sprites, you have my permission to use them, but you should also ask the permission of the person who requested them.

Heh, my bad. Just figured I'd pay you the courtesy of showing what modifications I made. I know some people appreciate that, but in retrospect it was late and I was probably not completely sane at the moment. lol.

Anyway, I don't suppose you'd mind if I requested a mugshot or some such from the sprite you made for me? Always like to ask permission. :)

Sorry, JKphage, I don't really make mugshots, it was a one-time thing for me. I suggest that you go to Tunduli's(Damian Kulash) thread and make a request for it, she's really good at them.

Well, Petrex's request is in:

rikku_from_kingdomhearts_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d355kbw.png

Rikku
Code:
[img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/352/d/b/rikku_from_kingdomhearts_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d355kbw.png[/img]
He was a bit challenging but I think I pulled off the KingdomHearts character pretty well, don't you think?​

Oh god... I got bored.
this____random____thing____by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3562rk.png

and because of it, we got this monstrocity...​

I was bored, and started messing around with sprite resources. So in the end I got this. A six-way battle intro featuring White, Lyra, and Platinum battling against Frank(me), Lance, and Cynthia. Heh, I may end up doing a short fanfic about this, probably not, but just maybe...

hes Perfect, i tried making him using Red before and i failed miserably, =D so im definately coming here for help. if i may, i will make a few requests, do them at your own leasure

Trainer Sprites:
Name: Sora
Special Features: in picture
Guide Picture(optional): http://campinfinity.cs.luc.edu/Members/ ... h2sora_pic

Trainer Sprites:
Name: kairi
Special Features: in picture
Guide Picture(optional): http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 24-700.gif

this ones a doosy :p

Trainer Sprites:
Name: Sepiroth
Special Features: Wing, use Wargles wing as a base for it, you can find an official sprite for him on Spriters Resource
Guide Picture(optional): http://www.pixfans.com/wp-content/uploa ... roth-a.jpg
( could you try to maintain his stance?? if any of the three do him first =D )

thanks again and like i said earlier, do them at you easiest time, no hurry :p

Hello iFlare~

I don't think I've ever posted here before, but since this tread seems to be becoming more popular, I thought I might just as well. I must say your work is quite good<3 I like Rikku best of all.

Merry Christmas~

Tim Nordwind said:
Hello iFlare~

I don't think I've ever posted here before, but since this tread seems to be becoming more popular, I thought I might just as well. I must say your work is quite good<3 I like Rikku best of all.

Merry Christmas~
Thank you, that means a lot because Rikku is the one I worked hardest on of the ones I have displayed here. I finished sephiroth for Petrex, and he was a bit difficult, but no spoilers, Sephiroth, Kairi, and Sora will all be released at the same time.

Hey iFlare, I love the sprites, they are really nice, because of the good quality and the good spriter! Keep it up!

Oh, by the way iflare my I please request a trainer sprite.
Trainer Sprites:
Name: Midnight
Clothing: Checkered black and white non-hooded jacket, Grey Jeans, and a black hat with a white styled pokeball, and a one-strap backpack
Special Features: Brown Hair

Petrex's requests are in:

sephiroth_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d359i12.png

Sephiroth
Code:
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/354/0/c/sephiroth_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d359i12.png[/img]
I couldn't keep the same pose, sorry... :(

kairi_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d359i68.png

Kairi
Code:
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/354/e/4/kairi_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d359i68.png[/img]
I think I did kind of a good job... Kind of...

(I was going to do Sora, but when I tried I *censored* up everything, especially his hair and pants... That makes this the first sprite request that I haven't completed. *Shamefullness* FORGIVE ME! D:)

Oh yeah, from now on only one request per requester, please.​

no problem =D theyre both fantastic!!

also, if i have your permission to edit them a little? like color and pose wise to fit my idea? but still if it wasnt for you i would be n a loss

Can I have the following trainer sprite please.

Name: Bolt
Clothing: Black T-Shirt with the Team Rocket Sign on it, Grey Gloves, Lyra's Hat but black instead of white, greyish-black skirt, Black boots
Addition comments: Just really want Brown hair and I don't want to be picky but can he have green eyes as well?

Petrex said:
no problem =D theyre both fantastic!!

also, if i have your permission to edit them a little? like color and pose wise to fit my idea? but still if it wasnt for you i would be n a loss
You're free to do what you like with them.

thanks iFlare, if its alright with you may i post the results?

I would prefer if you pmed them to me rather than post it on my topic, unless your posting it on your own topic or on another site, which is fine by me. Just make sure appropriate credit is given to me.

Hello. I have been stalking this thread for a while and it occured to me that if I like your work so much, why am I not pointing out how awesome it is?
Well, I couldn't find a reason. So let me say that I love all your sprites. I don't dislike a single one of them, they're all just that awesome! My favorite... Would have to be the Nurse Joy. Mostly because it looks better than a sprite from the games, and I can't identify the base, if you even used one. That makes it seem more... Real. I also like the one guy with the black wings but I have no clue who that is! XP
Anyway, that's all I really had to say. Byez.

Layene Silverlight said:
I also like the one guy with the black wings but I have no clue who that is! XP
Anyway, that's all I really had to say. Byez.
That there is Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, voted by gamers to be the most evil supervillain in video game history.

The requests are in:

MSML:
midnight_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d35gm87.png

Midnight
Code:
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/356/0/1/midnight_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d35gm87.png[/img]

eward990:
bolt_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d35gmfv.png

Bolt
Code:
[img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/356/5/d/bolt_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d35gmfv.png[/img]

Frankly, I think I did horrible jobs on both, I hope you enjoy them more than I do. :/​

Hey iFlare! I believe I have posted here before, and just to say, I love your sprites! Midnight's clothes are very detailed, and Bolt looks exactly like a Team Rocket member! May I make a request?

Trainer Sprites:
Name: Jake GreyThunder
Clothing: A ripped grey shirt with a snubbull printed on the front. Dark red, ripped trousers. (He's my Pokemon rival.)
Special Features: Give him reddish skin, like he is angry. Make him have angry eyebrows, and a smirk. Give him black, greasy air. (Roarks brother's hair, but black.)
Base Sprite(optional): Flint
He is supposed to be ugly. Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Request Ahoy! Amazing work, I really like the team rocket girl!
Name: Athena Clarity
Clothing:She is wearing a green dress shirt with puffy short sleeves with HIDEAWAY printed on the front. and black jeans that have a tree symbol on the leg. She also has green sneakers.
Special Features: She has blond hair that goes mid back and curls a little at the end and green eyes. Give her a small smile please.

Name: Roxas
Clothing: in pic
Special Features: in pic
Guide Picture(optional):http://images.wikia.com/kingdomhearts/images/4/4d/Roxas-2.jpg
Base Sprite(optional):

another KH request o.O lol, do mine last, like, LAST, cuz i feel like i ask you too much </3, lol still, amazing work, and cant wait.

I have a request.

Name: Blank
Clothing: Black pants with white circles down the side, a black shirt, black shoes, a flowing red scarf that covers his mouth, and a dark blue jacket.
Special Features: Tall, pale skin, long white hair, and golden eyes. Facing away from the player and throwing a sideways glance with arms crossed.
Guide Picture(optional): One: http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... Grande.png Two: http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d ... 0ee450.png
Base Sprite(optional): Volkner

Flare, I forgot to thank you for my sprite! Thank you for it Flare! I love it!

hey flare you make really good sprites they are awesome and i was also wondering if i could request a trainer sprite?

Name: Jake
Clothing: red t-shirt. blue jeans and black fingerless gloves
Special Features: none
Guide Picture(optional): sorry got nothin here V_V
Base Sprite(optional): or here V_V

sorry about the lack of info buy im sure u you will do great if u do this one

Your sprites are epic i love them may i request a trainer sprite i dont have a proper description but can it look like a ghost type trainer (you know the wheres dark clothes and has a bad attitude and dosent bosser with weak oppodents sorta thing) with costomised black pokeballs. Thanks -Ghosty-

My lord... I haven't been online for a while... And, I'm unsure if this would be considered Grave-digging, because this is MY topic... So I'm unsure if the rule would apply here... Either way, I have good news:

I'm back to Spriting! ;)

frank_2nd_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3b0gyi.png

Frank (2nd Revamp)​
The old one was kinda small, it irked me a bit, so I made this one... I'm especially proud of this one because I scratched the pants myself. :p

Comparison to the other two:

Frank_custom_trainer_sprite_by_Ultimate_Shadow_Chao.png
frank_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d32pudj.png
frank_2nd_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3b0gyi.png

Which do you guys think looks the best?

P.S: Sorry if I'm grave digging... I'll start another topic if I am. And btw, I'm back to 'Charms! Did you guys miss me?​

FLARE!!! :D
your back dude this is awesome. I love your new Frank sprite except for one thing which is similar to your other Frank after the original.... I can barely make out a nose.

Plus I don't think its grave digging because its your topic..."I think I am not sure"

I wont request because well since you just came back I dont wanna pressure you with a request right when you got back but yeah its great your back :D

BlackAmber said:
I wont request because well since you just came back I dont wanna pressure you with a request right when you got back but yeah its great your back :D
Thats nice to know... And very considerate, either way, I won't be able to take requests 'till summer dawns upon the U.S. because school is stangling me... But I may post the occasional random sprite now and then until that day arrives. And yeah... The nose is kinda hard to make out isn't it? I need to work on that a bit.

Anyways, With a revamped Trainer sprite comes... Other revamped stuffs...

First The revamped Mugshot:
frank_mugshot_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3b32t9.png

I Revamped it so it would be more appropriate to Frank's current gettup... The only thing I've changed was the hood.
frank_mugshot_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3b32t9.png
frank__s_epic_mugshot_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d33cklg.png

As Shown here....

Now the Revamped TrainerCard:
frank__s_trainercard_2nd_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3b32y5.png

This is more appropriate to Frank's attire and Age, for I turned 14 yesterday on the 5th of March, so Franks does too. :p
frank__s_trainercard_2nd_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3b32y5.png
franks_trainer_card_upgrade_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d34omt5.png

See the difference?

I was too lazy to do the revamped Team pose... Maybe I'll get to that later. But for now, which do you guys think is better? The old revamp, or the new one?​

And Now, I redid the team poses.

revamped_team_pose_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3bczh3.png

The new one...

And the Comparison:
the_epic_revamped_prp_team_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d33nsnc.png
revamped_team_pose_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3bczh3.png

Ok, so obviously, the use of gen V sprites sets them apart, but which do you guys think is coreographed better?​

I haven't posted here before, but to keep it short, I'll just comment on this teamshot, if that's ok?

I like the new one more. It's tighter, and some of the Pokés are facing the right (our right) instead of the left, which is pretty cool. However, as Tun once pointed out to me, when you mirror a sprite, you also mirror the lighting. This basically means that whenever you mirror a sprite, you should always change the lighting so it comes from the same direction (usually our upper left corner) for all sprites. This may seem like a small thing, but it does make a difference.

That being said, I still like the new one more. A little editing of the light, and it'll be even neater :)

You're a great spriter, keep it up!

~Weeds

Weeds said:
That being said, I still like the new one more. A little editing of the light, and it'll be even neater :)
You're right... I should've payed more attention to the shadings, I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out... I'll keep this in mind. Perhaps, I may do another revamp with the sprites re-shaded properly, thank you for your kind criticism, Weeds.

Hello, loyal subjects... I briefly return to my sprite topic with a gift:

marky_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3c99aw.png

Marky Revamp
I was bored and decided to look over some sprites that could use a makeover, I found Marky, a sprite that I made for a friend of mine named Marky.

Comparison:
marky_revamp_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3c99aw.png
Mikeyneer_by_Ultimate_Shadow_Chao.png

Here it is...

So, tell me.... Which do you prefer? Which one do you believe has a better wardrobe? Constructive criticism is appriciated, I'd like to perfect myself before I start opening requests again this summer.​

My third consecutive post? Really? I mean, I know I'm not taking requests, but I though some of you guys would at least like to comment... None-the-less, I'm going to start taking requests today again.

Either way Kicking things off, I made this:
battle_drone_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3cl5ok.png

Battle Drone
This is a Battle Drone. Trainers give six pokemon to this robot and battle them with the pokemon they have on hand, this allows trainers to see which of two teams is more powerful... I wish they had this in the actual game. This one is completely scratched. So what do you guys think of my little bot?

Have fun requesting... But please follow my rules... COMMENT before you request, please. Kthxbai.​