• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Awww, I missed my chance to vote for Venomoth, nobody even gave him love!

I personally think he's the best of the bunch aesthetically. If only his pre-evo wasn't as ugly...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for the delay. I was away having vacation fun-time and never did get back onto Charms until now since getting home =)

Question: Favourite Butterfly/Moth Pokemon? (Voting closed: September 11, 2007, 09:16:30 AM)
Butterfree - 6 (33.3%)
Venomoth - 0 (0%)
Dustox - 1 (5.6%)
Beautifly - 1 (5.6%)
Masquerain - 5 (27.8%)
Mothim - 5 (27.8%)
Total Voters: 18

-----------------------------------------------------

New poll is up. I decided to go with evolutionary lines because having each individual Pokemon would've stretched the voting too thin. Either way, just vote for the one you like most (even if you hate its pre-evo/evo).

Cradily kicked some serious ass during the time I had R/S/E. Not to mention it had a unique type and looked cool to boot.

I've never really liked the other fossils, but Bastiodon has such a weird cry.

Regardless, it's Cradily for me.

Omanyte.

Cutest. fossil. ever. Need I say more?

I think Shieldon looks cuter -_- But when I played FR, LG and RBY I always went with Omanyte.
Although this time I voted for the latest fossil pokemon since they seem to have a lot of potential and they look pretty cool.

Aerodactyl!! Those sharp teeth, those awesome moves.... Before D/P, Aero got the cruddy moves. But now in D/P with the addition of the Physical/Special split, It eez ahsome!

AL has Spoken!
EDIT: WOOT!! Page 27 starter!

Anorith and Armaldo...

1 Anorith is tres cute on Colloseum
2 Rock Blast, this move has killed so many frigging ninjask's on the metagame for me
3 Can you say badass much?

Yes aerodactyl is about the same on the badass level, it has huge jaws, and is such a good physical sweeper... But still, gotta go with Anorith and Armaldo personally...

Armaldo was designed with Kaiju in mind, I believe....It was also the Pokemon I had most rouble with second to Metagross in the battle with Steven...

Also for the next Poll, might I suggest a 'Badass' contest between Ash's Sceptile, Brock's Croagunk and Dawn's Buizel?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I must say, go with the one that comes from old amber. One, I just love that name (though I already forgot it....), and I like anything Amber-related.

I suggest for the poll, something to do with favorite beginning bug Pokemon (like Wurmple, Caterpie, etc.)

I must say, go with the one that comes from old amber. One, I just love that name (though I already forgot it....), and I like anything Amber-related.

I suggest for the poll, something to do with favorite beginning bug Pokemon (like Wurmple, Caterpie, etc.)

you'd be referring to Aerodactyl...

Also an early bug poll would be rather identical to the moth/butterfly poll....

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Also an early bug poll would be rather identical to the moth/butterfly poll....

Agreed. As for the badass topic, tho, is it really fair to include Sceptile against two unevolved pokes? There's also Charizard to consider, too XD

You could use one Pokemon from each main character, but then you'd have to debate whether Sceptile or Charizard is more 'badass', lol

And I've decided that, if this is a tie, it'll stay a tie. Tie breakers and the like take up too much time and really aren't worth the bother ^^;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
*sudden poll idea*

How about favorite Pikachu twin thingymabob? (as in, you know, we had Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu (sp?))

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
How about favorite Pikachu twin thingymabob? (as in, you know, we had Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu (sp?))

That one was done a few months back actually, so we'll pass.

I'll post a new poll later on today, hopefully.

Well, we had Early bird, and sorta Early Bug, So how about Early rodent? Although Hoenn's Poochyena should be classifed as a dog....

Rattata
Sentret
Zigzagoon
Poochyena
Bidoof

And then there's the Favorite Canine (base)
Vulpix
Growlithe
Eevee
Snubbull
Houndour
Poochyena
Riolu

And Favorite Feline (base)
Meowth
Skitty
Shinx
Glameow

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Cool. We'll do all three in order :)

Question: Favourite Fossil Pokemon? (Voting closed: September 29, 2007, 10:00:02 AM)
Helix Fossil: Omanyte and Omastar - 1 (5.9%)
Dome Fossil: Kabuto and Kabutops - 4 (23.5%)
Old Amber: Aerodactyl - 4 (23.5%)

Root Fossil: Lileep and Cradily - 3 (17.6%)
Claw Fossil: Anorith and Armaldo - 1 (5.9%)
Skull Fossil: Cranidos and Rampardos - 2 (11.8%)
Armor Fossil: Shieldon and Bastiodon - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

--------------------------------

Next poll will be the Favourite Early Normal-type/rodent poll, although Poochyena will probably be taken off the list because it doesn't fit either category ^^;

Pity Cradily didn't win. Ah well..

My fave starter normal/rodent (AKA HM Slave) would probably be Zigzagoon, just because he looks so cool and he really did his job well during my R/S/E days.

Rattata and Sentret look pretty cool too, but I didn't use them much. Only downside to Zigzagoon for me is it's ugly evolution, and in that case, Furret is superior.

I don't even give Bidoof a second thought, because everytime I see it or think about it; I hear 'DERP' in the back of my mind.

I really love Zigzagzoon. Unlike Dreampirate though, I loves the Lineoone. Very useful in R/S/E. I do like Furret, but I didn't use one in G/S/C so I didn't really get to use to it. So...yeah.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I also like Zigzagoon. It looks pretty cute, and its evolved form looks really cool (Unlike Rattata's evolved form, Raticate, who looks just plain ugly.) For Bidoof, it has bumps instead of actual cheeks, so it was off the list right away. And Sentret just looks.... well, it's not my taste, and neither is Furret.

But if I had to choose something else besides Zigzagoon, I would have chosen Rattata. Hyper Fang is just.... wow.

Go Sentret. I actually trained one and it turned out to be quite a powerhouse on my team.
It just looks sool cool and being able to learn TBolt, Ice Beam, Flame Thrower , Solar Beam and Water Pulse is always a plus too.

I love zigzagoon, it's just plain cute. That and I caught a shiny one in one of my Ruby games and it just looks even cuter in its shiny form.
Although Furret is pretty damn awesome (remembers Furret's Frolic from Pokémon Stadium 2), I could never really get into sentret, maybe it was because of the anime or just the fact that it always stood on its tail, either way its just not for me in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I must agree with the majority here - Zigzagoon is one frelling cute Pokemon. When I first saw it in 3D I almost died of cuteness overload... and the fact that it actually ZIGS in the games is... :3

I don't dislike any of the others, mind you, and I actually find Bidoof really cute in the Anime, but Zigzagoon easily gets my vote.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Rattata ftw! I dunno, the original purple rat has always had a place in my heart. Why? Well err... because it came first! And I used to have a little Rattata figurine

I love zigzagoon, it's just plain cute. That and I caught a shiny one in one of my Ruby games and it just looks even cuter in its shiny form.

Holy crap, how could I forget that! I caught a shiny red zigzagoon on my Ruby version too! Damn, it's a pity I took both my Sapphire and Ruby back to GAME ages ago. I've hardly ever seen shinies, let alone catch them; should've really kept it...

Never leave Littleroot without a Zigzagoon! For me, I chose Zigzaggon because

a.)He picks up stuff (nugget 3 minutes into the game? how cool is that!)
b.)He's my 2nd fave HM slave (And actually does fairl well in battle, too.)
c.)He's my Pokecontest Pride and Joy.

I still have to give props to my lovely Rattata and his hyper fang. Although no matter which rodent (save for sentret) I always like to keep them in base stage. (I hated raticate and linoone soooo much...)

id have to go with rattata due to him being fast enough to use super fang effectively. ive never really been a fan of zigzagoon for anything other than a surfing hm slave, so i cant say that id like it most. and bidoof is too slow to use super fang. i never really used sentret considering the only games that i own from that generation were used and i didnt feel like starting over

Heh. They're all cute but still, I'm not a fan of either of them but I believe Rattata is the lesser of the four evils. I don't know exactly why though. I mean I would never raise it and it's one of the few Pokemon I realllllllly don't like. Is it because I've been decimated a couple of times with Hyper Fang and/or Super Fang? With all four of them, the commoness is just ridiculous. What in the world am I trying to say anyway??

lol Raticate haunts meh dreams with his pursuit and Hyper Fang....Sentret and Zigzaggon weren't half as annoying, except maybe for Linoone since it was sooo hard to escape from it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Favourite Early Rodent/Normal-Type? (Voting closed: October 10, 2007, 02:28:40 PM)
Rattata - 5 (31.3%)
Sentret - 2 (12.5%)
Zigzagoon - 9 (56.3%)
Bidoof - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

---------------------------------------------------

Going for Rocket X's fave feline base poll next (with his 4 options). Vote away :)

Weird how I was actually thinking about this as a poll yesterday.

It's a hard one. I've always loved Meowth in the games (And slightly in the anime) but persian really ruined it for me.

Skitty is so damn cute, and Delacatty was a major part of my team on my first playthrough of Sapphire.

Glameow seems like a really stupid design in my opinion (ugly) and Purugly just builds on that. (Also, gave me hell in my first Galactic Commander battle)

I liked Luxray since I saw the promos for D/P, and I love the whole line. A really great look. Pity I won't use it much; and I really hate the designers for not making it electric/dark.

I'm so conflicted. :-\

well, purugly is pretty fast, but i cant use it that well competitively...

shinx was one of the few non-starter pokemon i've trained with blood, sweat, and tears (not literally) since the days of FireRed and LeafGreen, but i dont use luxray anymore...

i love persian because of its versatility, but i think i use delcatty the most...so thats what im going with

Shinx! That's the only one that's really been a vital part of my team. Unfortunately, I'm going to bump my Luxray out, but it's been really nice to have.​

I'm going with Shink too, supporting my Chimchar against water types made it handy, cause I really don't like Budew and its line. It saved me from lots of tough situations.

Meowth comes second because it evoles into Persian and is really versitile.