• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Azurill's in there to be absolutely darling ;o; How could you vote against it?

Sure, the gender thing may be messed up, but that's no reason to hate on Azurill! ;o;

Relicanth? It's useless NOW. It was given a purpose in the R/S/E games.

apparently, according to...well, other 'charmers, Azurill's based on preemies. it's normal type instead of water, and it changes gender upon evolution--ALL babies start out as females, in the womb, at least. so maybe this is a representation?

I don't care what kind of EVs they give you; Unown are pretty much useless. They are closely followed by Swalot and Azuril. With the Azuril line, they gave an already meh-ish line a useless pre-evo. They change gender upon evolution?!?!???

i dont get y they made drifloon and drifblim they r just baloons and dont make sense

I actually think these are cool. They are very unique and Drifloon is soooo cute!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
i dont get y they made drifloon and drifblim they r just baloons and dont make sense

That's nice... but not on topic. This was why I asked people specifically not to make replies like those >>

First warning. Unless you have new poll suggestions, stay on topic. And please, try to write in complete sentences and actually type out words. All this bad grammar recently has made my eyes bleed more than usual x.x

Yeah, but you'd be an idiot for battling with one.

Theres more aspects to pokemon than battling,EV training unfortunatly is one (i dont like it >.> )

i say kricktot,just cause i don't like it,theres enough of its kind (that are cooler >.> ) and overall its not that great as far as i can tell

I can't believe people think Qwilfish is useless.. Its been one of my best pokémon on the metagame for ages.

Azurill on the other hand is useless, its entire point is to embody the "cute" factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked Azurill because im not a fan of water types. On another note do you have to capture all 28 Unowns to have the legendary dog released or just beat the Elite 4?

Goemon2057]I think u mean Feebas said:
*Looks embarraassed* Well, yes, I know that Relicanth is WAY better than Feebas. I meant that Feebas and Magikarp make a mockery of Water-types, I just said Relicanth because that was the Pokemon I picked. (I don't like it is all, because it always appeared 99% of the time when I was looking for a Clampearl.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you! Will do just that right now XD

Question: Most pointless Pokemon? (Voting closed: June 20, 2007, 03:43:41 PM)
Qwilfish - 4 (14.8%)
Azurill - 4 (14.8%)
Unown - 10 (37%)
Chingling - 1 (3.7%)
Finneon - 1 (3.7%)
Kricketot - 5 (18.5%)
Relicanth - 1 (3.7%)
Swalot - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 26
----------------------------------------------

So, like the man said, the next poll is your choice of Burmy's evolved forms - and, in the case of Wormadam, which type you like best on it.

I don't know if anyone will even pick Wormadam. Mothim was just really useful. I used him until right after beating Crasher Wake, when I replaced him with a female Combee.

I love mothim... when I first saw it i was a bit "what the moose?!" then when I actually caught a burmy in my japanese game and found out it was an alternate gender evolution that was totally badass, I had to get one.
Since getting one, it became staple in my Diamond game, its just got such a nice movepool. =)

I'm going to go with the Pokemon I'm most likely to use and that is Mothim. I was amused by changing Burmy's cloak to get the three Wormadons but at the end of the day it's...Mothim.

I had to pick Trash Cloak (Steel type) Wormadam. I'm somewhat fond of pink now, and the fact that a Burmy fashioned trash into a pink outfit and then evolved to keep the thing is just amazing. Also, I rather like the Plant Cloak (Grass type) Wormadam, and Mothim rocks in all of the other ways a Pokemon can (with these choices anyways), but I still like Trash Wormadam. Also, I am a giant fan of the Steel type, so even though this Wormadam has a horrid weakness to Fire because of the Steel I still like it.

I had to pick Trash Cloak (Steel type) Wormadam. I'm somewhat fond of pink now, and the fact that a Burmy fashioned trash into a pink outfit and then evolved to keep the thing is just amazing.

Even thought I voted for Mothim, I guess my favorite Womadon is either the Steel or ground form. I still say that the pink Wormadon is covered in building insulation and not trash.

Have Eevee evolutions been done yet?

well, i voted for gound form wormadam because i didnt wee the mothim choice, so mothim is my favorite, but of the wormadams i like the ground form mainly because, the first time i saw it i was like, 'is that a pizza?' and i like pizza, but im also more of a fan of ground types than steel and grass types

The only reason I know it's trash is because it says so in all official sources. Before English sources were revealed, though, I thought it was insulation, too. But I have to go with the officials.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Favourite Burmy evo? (Voting closed: July 04, 2007, 03:27:46 AM)
Mothim - 12 (60%)
Wormadam (Grass) - 1 (5%)
Wormadam (Ground) - 5 (25%)
Wormadam (Steel) - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 20

------------------------------------

Okay, I'm bored, so I'm throwing out this next random poll. Dawn or May. Hikari or Haruka. Whatever you know them by, the question is the same: who do you like better? If you feel like you haven't seen enough of Dawn yet to judge it against Battle Frontier-version May, then just compare early-Hoenn May to early-Sinnoh (as in, present day's) Dawn.

Discuss away :)

going on an I-hate-may thing, i voted for dawn. i'm gonna give her a chance, at least.

and, Katie, you forgot to switch the title (just a reminder, as if you didn't see it when you clicked on the page)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nah. You just replied too soon ;)

Anyways, I also voted Dawn, because even after this many episodes I find her personality very refreshing after May... who, to me, was a bit dull at times. I loved May's Combusken, but Dawn gets a Pokemon I also love... so I'll just leave their teams out of the equation.

I personally voted May. In my opinion, she is a better overall character. Not just in pokemon training, but characteristics as well. Why, you might ask? Allow me to go over the end results I end up with when I compare the two.

-May, in beggining her journey of Pokemon, she new where to actually obtain her first Pokemon. Dawn was hopelessly lost untill Rowen found her. =\

-May's Combusken was one of the best any Support Character ever had. It was bright, and a good battler. Dawn so far, had chosen a Piplup, who can't seem to win a battle against a Magicarp.

-This is just an opinion, but I personally think the May had a better outfit than Dawn does. The hat really doesn't improve on how Dawn looks.

-Dawn hasn't won a contest as of yet. Even unofficially against Jesse with Ash's Aipom. =\

But that's just me.

I say May.

For one thing May is the "original" contest girl -- I know they wouldn't have Ash switch to contests all of a sudden, but hey... They could have used (gasp!) Lucas so at least we'd have a contest guy in the anime instead of another contest girl.

Also I sort of agree with Trainer Sonjo in that I like May's outfit better, but in my opinion not because of the hat... Seeing as how Dawn has her hat off way more than May did anyway. XD But Dawn's skirt and boots really bother me.

So far, I really don't like Dawn's Pokémon outside of Piplup. Overall I like May's team of Pokémon better. I think May's first capture, Wurmple, was better than Dawn's first, Buneary, because 1) Buneary took so long to catch considering Dawn had seen a couple of other Buneary before then, and 2) IMO it was funny how May and Jessie ended up with opposite Wurmple evolutions.

...So, yeah, there's my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is common knowledge by now but I really don't like May. Her Pokemon may be better but Dawn has personality and spunk and everything else. And contrary to what other people have said, I like Dawn's outfit better. Those pink boots are adorable. I hate those biker shorts May has and that stupid hair style.

I hate May with a passion.
She was just SO annoying to me(And my brother)! That Stupid outfit, that hairdo, that bandanna, what was she, a motorcycle gangster? It didn't help that she complained more than anyone I've ever seen. And that's coming from me, the complaining master.
(She also had the worst voice-overs like, EVA, but That's not the biggest reason I hate her)
She also lost in her contests. Alot. Dawn may not have won any(I wouldn't know, I've missed most of the episodes), but May was just TOO annoying.
Combusken was awesome, but that doesn't warrent my voting for May. I hate her.
Misty was superior to May in every way possible, IMO.

Good thing Ash and Brock are around, or else I'd have quit watching the second they found May... And I wouldn't get to see Dawn's Piplup get owned.

I know a Pokemon character is bad when I like the person's Pokemon better that I like the person and that was the case with May. I liked Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken a lot more than I liked its trainer. I agree with Artiste. I can't believe I forgot the ridiculous bandana.

As for the polls, has the Tyrogue/Hitmon- line been done? I don't think it has been.

Ridiculous isn't a strong enough word, Carmen.

I'd say the same thing about the Pokemon, I agree with you on that.

Ahh, Combusken... He evolved in the last couple of episodes... WHY, pokemon, why did you give us such a memorable pokemon, just to make him come in at the end of the season? We didn't have time to cherish him... I loved Combusken, and I missed the episode where he evolved, so I ask you this, What was his personality after evolving? As a Torchic, he was pretty... Well, Not memorable, and Combusken.... Ahh, good times, goood times.

I liked May. Mainly because she wasn't too stupid (coughDawncough). Not to mention she was Jessie's rival and that made a nice change. Not only that but she was funny at times....Like when she was pretending she was reporter. Fhnny but a little annoying. Not like Dawn who is a litte funny but just plain annoying. I personally think they should have gave May the emerald outfit but whatevs.....

The cons of Dawn: A) Shes stupid. At least when May was stupid...she was funny.
B) Dawn is a complete hooch. Her "skirt" is smaller than her palms. and she's ten.
C) I know May's hairdo was out there...but wtf. What are the triangles in Dawn's head?!

Combusken was an answer to corphish's arrogance and bullying of torchic. plus, it looked so cool duelling breloom. good times indeed.

May doesn't really suit her Blaziken, it looks far from sweet compared to the rest of her pokemon. Besides this, May was kinda whiny and soft-spoken, only coming up when aspects like love, fashion and stereotypical feminine hobbies are involved. PLus, the whole "May's expedition" was kinda annoying.

Or maybe that's because we're so used to a girl who can fight back, is both sweet and spicy (couldn't resist) in the form of Misty, that we don't particularly find May, her complete opposite to be ideal.

Dawn, on the other hand, bridges the gap between both of them, but actually is a lot like Ash than a combination of the two. She's inexperienced as of late, not catching a balanced party for example. She's a bit arrogant like Ash was, but can't really develop without a rival whose always in her face like Gary and Drew were. She needs to step up and actually show she has some sort of knowledge as a Coordinator, otherwise I can't really support her.

I liked May. Mainly because she wasn't too stupid (coughDawncough). Not to mention she was Jessie's rival and that made a nice change. Not only that but she was funny at times....Like when she was pretending she was reporter. Fhnny but a little annoying. Not like Dawn who is a litte funny but just plain annoying. I personally think they should have gave May the emerald outfit but whatevs.....

The cons of Dawn: A) Shes stupid. At least when May was stupid...she was funny.
B) Dawn is a complete hooch. Her "skirt" is smaller than her palms. and she's ten.
C) I know May's hairdo was out there...but wtf. What are the triangles in Dawn's head?!

A) So is Ahs, those two are meant for each other lol.
B) yeah, her costume is certainly not suited for travelling. WTF with the scarf?
C) I think their Hairclips...

I voted for dawn purely because I disliked the character of May in the games before she joined the anime, I then hated May for being constantly whiney and bringing max along with her... Dear holy hell i hate max.

Gonna have to say May. Why? I've never seen Dawn...I stopped getting cable a few months before the new season started, and stopped watching the show long before then. Eheh...