• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Finally, after multiple extensions for this due to the website crashes, it's over :p

Question: Favourite pick of the four? (Voting closed: May 23, 2007, 01:55:20 AM)
Pichu - 9 (45%)/Plusle - 1 (5%)/Minun - 2 (10%)/Pachirisu - 8 (40%)/Total Voters: 20
-----------------------------------------------

New poll is a combination of ideas from me and dax. Yeah, there are MANY Pokemon you could throw on this one, but we'll just keep it to a couple from each generation. How you judge their pointlessness is really up to you. As you probably already figured, the reason each has been included isn't the same.

And Dunsparce protectors... it was Dax's idea! ^^; *runs*

It was a tie between the male Combee and Dunsparce, but I ended up choosing Dunsparce. I've never exactly liked Dunsparce that much. It seems well...bleh. The male Combee makes me want to throw my DS against the wall every time I encounter it instead of the female.

Most of the rest of the Pokemon in the poll while weak and poinless now will evolve into something not so weak and pointless. Phione I won't judge because I'll never have it.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I didn't pick Magikarp or Feebas, simply because they do evolve into usefull Pokemon, why isn't that reason enough not to vote for them? :p

Fione on the other hand... That thing is SO useless... its a gimmick... a gimmick of a gimmick. Yep, that's how I would describe it. There was no need for it, there's no point for it, theres no want for it. That fact that Manaphy can breed bugs me, but that it can breed something so... worthless... Yeah. XD I'm done mini-ranting.

I picked Fione btw.

I refuse to vote because Finneon is not in the poll. :p

Okay, maybe I will vote. Among those, I'd probably say Dunsparce. Interesting design, but the thing is too rare with too low stats and a poor moveset.

And I heard that someone said that the reason why we have these "useless novelty" Pokemon is because Satoshi Tajiri wanted to complete a whole biosphere of Pokemon species, where even the weaker creatures are represented.

Well, I almost voted Dunsparce... it's just so pointless ...and ugly. But in the end I had to go for good ol' Magikarp. It's totally worthless. It's bony and thus isn't good to eat. All it does is splash, so there's no point in training it. And though it's not butt-ugly, it wouldn't win a beauty contest. Also, they're not very cuddly. The only good thing it actually does is go away by evolving :p

P

Pikachu_Master

Ooh, this is a tough one but I said Phoine, beacuse it's a clone of Manaphy, and it shouldn't have been created. A Male Combee shouldn't be on this list since there isn't one !

There actually are male Combee, and it's something like 80 percent male Combee compared to 20 percent female. Maybe even less. :p

As far as round two: Unown, Finneon, maybe Azurill (seriously, guys, what?), and maybe Chingling.

The luvdisc was always quite pointless in my mind... C'mon nintendo, you can do better...

I Coveted a lot of Heart Scales from those things. Thank Heavens for the Sinnoh underground; no more fishing for Luvdisc. And yes Unown are probably the most useless gimmicky Pokemon ever. At least everyone else on the list can either breed or evolve.

Has anyone ever considered a worst knock-off Pokemon PokePoll? Gulpin and Swalot could make an appearance. They are nothing campared to Grimer and Muk.

Man! I have no idea why so many people think Dunsparce is so useless. It's Serene Grace ability would make it a good Flinchaxxor. Then again, its ability as a Flinchaxxor has been outclassed by Togekiss.

I voted male combee... i hate when i find those things so much.

I have to say, sunkern isnt useless, its point was it was put in the game to give us a second sun stone evolution, plus, sunflora is pretty funky...

I voted male combee... i hate when i find those things so much.

I have to say, sunkern isnt useless, its point was it was put in the game to give us a second sun stone evolution, plus, sunflora is pretty funky...

even with male combee, you know you can breed for a female, right? and i figure they were added to make it a challenge to get vespiquen. just my 2 cents. which, unfortunately, has depreciated greatly in value.

There actually are male Combee, and it's something like 80 percent male Combee compared to 20 percent female. Maybe even less. :p

As far as round two: Unown, Finneon, maybe Azurill (seriously, guys, what?), and maybe Chingling.

Actually, I bet it's less. You find a female Combee 1/7 of the time. If I do this on a calculator, female Combee appear... 14% of the time. I know a simple way to catch it, but I won't post it. I don't think I should waste space..... shoot. I already have a Vespiquen. "Vespiqueen Nintendo," he mutters to himself.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

It's not useless, but it does deserve to be on the list when half the people I ask forget that it even exists ;)

There are more pointless Pokemopn out there

This we know. The question is, which do you think they are? xp

you know, i'm going to make that list soon. err...maybe. and if/when i do, i'll put it here so you can make lists from it =] and new poll concept: enh, i've g2g. i'll tell you when i get back.

*paused for editing*

I'd have to say Dunsparce, seriously, I couldn't do anything with that POkemon. And there was a time I thought Dunsparce evolved into Gligar, they share some similarities yes?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for not updating. Not quite sure what to use next.

Ideas? If someone wants to list off five or so more 'pointless' Pokemon, I'll shove 'em into a version 2 poll. If not... I'll probably update this with something random tonight.

Five more pointless Pokemon? Sounds like a challenge!

Azurill, Unown, Chingling, Finneon, and maybe... Kricketot?

unown are good for EV training, azurill represents a preemie, chingling is a method of getting chimecho early in the game, finneon's evo has excellent sp def, and kricketot is pointless.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Different people consider certain Pokemon pointless for different reasons. How the votes fall is the point of doing the poll ;)

Anyways, I'm currently not on my usual PC and having issues with my connection, so I'll update this when I get the chance. Might not be until later today/tomorrow, though. In the meantime, feel free to give more poll suggestions.

Is this only for 4th Gen Pokemon right now? If not can we have a battle of the water, grass, or fire starters from a four generation. EX: Charmander v. Cyndaquil v. Torchic v. Chimchar. And I'm sorry if this (or something like it) has been done before.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Kevin, that is spam and has no relevance to the topic what so ever. Warned. Read the rules and abide by them and hopefully it wont happen again.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alright! Updating now XD

Question: Most pointless Pokemon? (Voting closed: May 30, 2007, 12:01:54 PM)
Magikarp - 7 (21.2%)
Sunkern - 1 (3%)
Dunsparce - 12 (36.4%)
Feebas - 0 (0%)
Luvdisc - 6 (18.2%)
Phione - 3 (9.1%)
Male Combee - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 31
--------------------------------------------

Using TBA and OzzyBeans' ideas and doing a take-two on most pointless Pokemon. Enjoy. Gonna make this a week long poll, too, since they seem to be bringing in more attention these days.

Added two more as suggested by El. Again, these are what people suggested. Whether you agree or not is what you're voting on. If one you wanted to see up there is missing, tough. Seeing that I left plenty of time for suggestions, no complaining :p

Azurill's in there to be absolutely darling ;o; How could you vote against it?

Sure, the gender thing may be messed up, but that's no reason to hate on Azurill! ;o;

Relicanth? It's useless NOW. It was given a purpose in the R/S/E games.