• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Rainbow Society— Romance RP

Daniel woke up to Annie gently tapping her pouch, as she heard Annie stating, "I don't know if this is going to work... I'm pretty sure that someone's eventually going to question us sooner or later. They're not really nice when it comes to that sort of stuff."

"Y- yeah... you're right. I should get moving... I can't exactly stay here forever. I'll come back when I can alright? Just tell them that you don't know anything if they come over," Daniel replied after having a few second thoughts.

"Okay, I'll see you later I guess. Stay safe out there my little one," Annie responded before giving the bag to Daniel.

A pale pink ring appeared around Daniel, as he found himself back in his hideaway a minute later. He placed the bag underneath his desk and shifted his body's shape after taking a brief break on his bed.

"Everything on this island is beautiful," Chervil murmured, her yellow eyes staring forward and glittering with concern, yet she felt some enjoyment as to being able to have a few more moments alone with Sebastian, even if it was only for a short time. "It's why I'm always so concerned about protecting it... I'm scared," she said suddenly, honestly revealing how she felt about this situation. "If Daniel is the one responsible for this, then there's someone working within the Society- someone we trusted- who has gone against their duties."

Sebastian, quite surprised to hear Chervil admit how she was currently feeling, turned around a glanced at her, making his way to her side. He smiled warmly and softly touched the tip of his tail to her back in a comforting manner. "Hey, come on, Cher', cheer up! You're doing a great job of keeping the Society safe; you needn't be so anxious. If you need it, I'll help you in any way possible." The Dragonair knew he was just cheering up a good friend of his, but for some reason, he felt a different motive behind his behavior.

She allowed a gentle smile to curve her lips as she felt his touch against her back, and opened her mouth to speak- yet, she found no words to say. Instead, the Serperior took a deep breath, and gazed at the Dragonair for a brief moment, before looking forward again, biting on the inside of her cheek. Encouraged to hear that he would be there for her, she felt a new strength flow through her muscles, a strength alien to her- yet, it powered her and filled her with the confidence that she needed as she slithered into camp, and sent a Solar Beam to the sky to signal for a meeting of all RS members. She mouthed the words thank you to Sebastian before she called, "May all members of the Rainbow Society gather around me in the town square! Important business is afoot. I trust Aquilles has notified you all of my presence." Chervil had complete confidence that Aquilles had carried out his duty- he was a very reliable Pokémon, and she made him her Lieutenant for that very reason.

Sebastian smiled as he nodded in response to Chervil's thanks. He inwardly sighed with relief as he saw Chervil, now with her revived confidence the Dragonair knew all so well throughout the time he knew her, make the proclamation throughout the town. He slithered up next to the Commander but stopped a few paces behind as a sign of respect to authority.

The loud exclamation alerted Astra to the Lieutenant's return. She drifted silently towards the town square, staying hidden behind the houses as the resident Pokémon wondered about what was happening. A tension headache was beginning to form behind her eyes-- that attempt at scrying combined with how much healing she'd had to do today was starting to get to her.

A Solar Beam flared into the sky before it burst with explosive power, fallen energy fading away before it could hit anything in the town below. Astra hung back in an alleyway, watching the townsfolk closely as they gathered. No one seemed to be acting suspicious, but if Daniel showed up or someone who was working with him appeared, they needed to be ready to fight. The town was far from an ideal place, with everyone so close together... oh well. They had to explain what was happening. Chervil spoke with confidence, that oddly sweet side Astra had seen before now replaced by the strong leader she was. The Gothitelle noted Sebastian at her side, a polite distance away.

Actually, wouldn't Aquilles' shout have woken up Daniel, if the Solar Beam hadn't? She didn't care to hurt herself, but the failure with the crystal ball had strained her patience quite a bit. Eyes glowing blue, she focused once more, and...

Clairvoyance told her the fugitive was no longer nearby-- in fact, he was somewhere deep in Gilded Pass. The distance of the vision exacerbated the pain in her head, and she gave a quiet cry, clutching her head and glaring at the ground. Any previous grievances Astra had about having to fight a fellow medic were now forgotten. Without the ability to teleport, though, there was no way she'd be able to reach her foe quickly enough.

She wearily floated back into the alley, and went into the now-empty streets to search for the Lieutenant.

Aquilles, having seen the Commander taking charge of the announcement, backed away and took to the streets, as a precaution. He had no way of knowing whether or not the culprit was nearby, so in a situation of this caliber, he felt it was best if he ensured the streets were safe. Slowly, but surely, he drifted down through the town, in search of anything that could be understood as suspicious. Any Pokemon who failed to attend the Commander's call. Anyone in the back alleys. Anything that would warrant authority.

It wasn't long before he ran into Astra, who was floating along through the cleared street with a notable weakness to her. Aquilles waved her over with his small claw, calling out to her with a calmer voice than he had used previously.
"Ho, Astra. Are you feeling alright? You look pretty weathered." He questioned, unsure of what to make of her. Did she run into the culprit? Maybe lose him? As he spoke, he scanned the area with suspicion in his eyes, should anything undesirable be nearby.

"Gilded Pass," Astra murmured, approaching Aquilles. "The culprit in Gilded Pass," she said again, this time with only marginally more strength. "Somewhat close to the Prismatic Springs, but... oh, it'll be better if I go with you. You won't find him otherwise, I think he's hiding somewhere."

She was not looking forwards to this, not at all. It was possible she wouldn't even recognize Daniel upon sight herself. There was no telling what he could do, and while she wasn't close to fainting, fighting wouldn't be easy. Which, of course, was why the Lieutenant was a good choice for this. She'd have felt more embarrassed about noncommittally asking him to carry her, but with the headache still sharp between her eyes and the memory of her injured comrades clear in her mind... she held out a hand to him in offering.

"Quick, he might be planning to head to the shore already. We mustn't let him leave the island."

"I apologize if I'm a bit late... It's not easy getting to town from the springs in such a short time," Diana hastily said while sprinting towards the Gothitelle before coming to a full stop once she was a couple of feet from the medic Pokémon.

"Unfortunately, I haven't seen the so called culprit that you were all talking about earlier ever since I saw someone treating that frozen spider. However, there was this strange feeling that I felt when I bumped into nothing while I was rushing through the pass. I don't know what it was, but I don't think it's normal to just be bumping into thin air like that!" The Dewott added after having a brief trip in memory town.

Aquilles was silent for half a second, then shook his head and gave Astra a nod of understanding. She must have worn herself out trying to find the culprit via her psychic power.
"No. No we mustn't." He held his giant claw up for Astra to hold on to; he had enough sense to know what she needed. It was then that Diana appeared beside the Gothitelle. After hearing her story, he paused in thought for a few moments. "Wait. Diana. You ran into nothing?" He asked, confused. Then he looked back to Astra and it clicked. The culprit was able to disguise themselves, perhaps entirely disappear from the naked eye. That's why he wasn't able to spot them when he was searching that very same area of the island. No wonder the Gothitelle was straining herself to find them other ways.

"I see. Astra, get on, and hang on."
The Clawitzer began to, once again, charge up an Aqua Jet. He was beginning to tire from the consistent use of it, but it would take a lot more strain than a few Aqua Jets to weaken the Lieutenant, especially in a situation of threat like this. The moment Astra would grab his claw, Aquilles would be ready to blast off at full speed towards the divide between Guilded Pass and the Prismatic Springs.

"Alright... I'm sure that otter thinks it's probably their imagination or something... y- yeah. I'm certain that they aren't gonna be talking about it to the others like it's something serious now right?" Daniel thought before suddenly bumping into the same Ariados encountered earlier.

Daniel's body turned completely visible a split second later, as the Ariados protested, "Hey! What's with the big hurry there little mouse? Got a date or something?"

"N- no... I- I- I j- just h- ha- have t- to d- deliver t- this thing... y- ye- yeah..." Daniel replied with a dubious tone.

"Oh really? Then where's the thing that you have to deliver? I've never seen such a courier say that without having something to bring!" The Ariados remarked while Daniel's body trembled with fear.

"Come on, no need to hide it or anything. If you really wanted to go to the springs, then why didn't you just say so?" The Ariados added while Daniel gave a silent sigh of relief to himself.

"Umm... B- because I didn't know where it was. I'm not exactly great with directions, so could you lead me there?" Daniel responded after allowing some excess electricity to flow out of his minus sign tipped tail in a discreet manner.

"Alright, if you say so kid. Just be careful of a little baby Pokémon with the weird flippers, he really got me good with that ice attack earlier," The Ariados reluctantly said while walking over towards the hot springs.

Daniel quickly made his body invisible to the naked eye the second the Ariados turned their back. The mouse Pokémon made his way towards the path opposite of what the Ariados took. The little Pokémon crept past the other Pokémon in the pass that were likely going about their business, as he went over to the other side of the forest where the mountains were.

Her patrol with Cherry out around the Gilded Pass and Prismatic Springs yielded little to no information, making the Meowstic sigh with tiredness. They searched high and low, questioned small and big, and investigated all nooks and crannies. Tammy rubbed her cheek with her paw, frowning even more as the both of them, Cherry was with her, made their way back to town.

Coincidentally, a Solar Flare was launched which only meant there was something happening soon in the Town center. The Meowstic opted to use her Psychic abilities to float herself there and turn to Cherry, winking at her. "Last one there has buy dinner!"

They both reached the Town and bumped into Astra and Aquilles speeding off towards the divide of the Gilded Pass and Prismatic Springs. Shrugging, see slowly surveyed around her with a sharp eye. Noticing a pokemon bump into the same Ariados that was frozen, seeing them talk then walk towards the Spring, and then seeing the mouse pokemon turn invisible and slink opposite.

This quite piqued her interest and she grinned, nodding to Cherry to follow her as she stalked the invisible mouse, using her Psychic ears to ping the pokemon to make sure she was still following it. No pokemon would act this suspicous at a time like this so this was definately Daniel she thought to herself.

“We have a renegade,” Chervil announced, narrowing her eyes, “And there is good reason to believe that this renegade is one of the medics, Daniel. I would like every single one of you- Bluebloods, Purplehearts, Medics, Fallers, everyone, to search immediately.” She instructed. “There is a lot of evidence to suggest he is hiding. Make sure you leave no rock unturned and no Pokémon silenced. He must be found. Gilded Pass and the Prismatic Springs are most likely locations, but I would like all Bluebloods to search every other location. Dismissed.” Chervil said, taking a deep breath and then slithering back over to Sebastian. “Would you care to accompany me to search?” She asked him, feeling slightly as if their time together had been cut short as of late.

(@OmnipotentOnion)

Astra's psychic power flared up in surprise at the sudden arrival of Diana, nervous as she was. She settled down with a quiet sigh upon realizing there was no danger. Another witness, with more proof of Daniel's deceit. Invisibility? At this point, she didn't care if Daniel could fly-- there was no way she was letting him hurt another Pokémon. Expression solemn, she nodded. "It's likely you ran straight into him," she said. A funny mental image, if not for the danger.

It took her a moment to register Aquilles' lifted claw. Astra blinked before reaching out and holding on, psychic powers no longer keeping her a few inches off the ground. An undercurrent of nervousness crept through her; she'd seen the Lieutenant navigate the island, and his manner of locomotion was rather... speedy. She doubted he would be anything other than concerned if he dropped her, but she held on all the tighter still.

"W- wha? Are you really saying that I ran into the culprit and didn't realize that? Oh my god! Ugh... well, it seems to be that the likely place that he might be is the pass then, assuming that he didn't just somehow waltz off like a robber driving away." Diana replied while grabbing her scalchops and turning towards the path she took from the pass.

Meanwhile, Daniel silently walked towards one of the large boulders near the bottom of a mountain. He stood behind the boulder while taking a brief peek over to see if anyone managed to track him down after an unwanted encounter with the Ariados. His body trembled in terror a split second later. A familiar Pokémon trailing behind him like a game of cat and mouse was what was on his mind a quick thought later.

"Argh... I gotta think of something quick... because I'm damn sure that they're not going to believe me how much I say it unless if- oh boy. That threatening note that the spider gave me is in my bag... and my bag is all the way back there! Well this is great isn't it now?" Daniel thought while a tear fell from his eye.

Sebastian smiled and nodded. "It'd be my pleasure. Where are you planning to search?" He knew that he would only be accompanying Chervil to assist her, but he felt that there was a different motive behind the Serperior's request. Could it be..? No, probably not. Quickly shaking himself back into reality, he slithered up to Chervil and grinned warmly. "Lead the way, Cher'."

And so, careful not to start too suddenly, Aquilles released the Aqua Jet and was off, hopefully without losing Astra in the process. There was nowhere else the culprit could have fled to; they were going to be cornered. The divide left either Guilded Pass or Prismatic Springs, and both would leave them exposed. If Aquilles was fast enough, and he was marginally sure he was, they'd have the assailant within minutes.

Just so long as Astra stayed with him, that is.

As he sped along, rapidly approaching the Springs, Aquilles called out to Astra, who he was pretty sure was still hanging on to his giant claw, though, by this point he figured it would have been better if she grabbed his smaller one.
"How're you hanging on there? Can you sense the guy anywhere?" He called over the roar of the water jet he rode apon. If he lost Astra, he'd be unable to find the culprit if they were invisible to the eye, so he needed her to be with him as he sped along. Though he tried his hardest to avoid losing her, his swerving around trees and the like made the ride a little less than desirable.

“U- Uhh... I gotta go now, so ta ta. If you pretend that you didn’t notice me, I’ll m- make this worth your while,” Daniel quietly said in a nervous manner while taking in a dubious breath and lightening his body.

He rushed past the other boulders and make a break for the rocky trail, taking care to not fall over and alert any other Pokémon within the vicinity. He made his way inside a small cavern with rushed, noiseless steps a few minutes later, utilizing the pitch black darkness to find himself a cozy spot that could buy him at least an hour’s worth of time.

Clinging as tight as she could, Astra took a moment to appreciate how not once in a million years would she have ever considered this an ideal way to travel. It took all of her (weak) physical strength just to not fly off. Aquilles was as admirably swift as she'd thought, however, hurtling through the forest with precision she hadn't known possible. She looked back at the jet of high-powered water in astonishment. With this, they'd make it in no time.

Which meant she had to figure out where to land, and quickly. Her eyes glowed a pale blue as she tried to locate Daniel. It was oddly hard to focus with Aquilles so near, but eventually the close proximity allowed her an exact area. The mountains, but there was something a little off about the distance. Probably inside a tunnel. Replying to the Lieutenant, she shouted to be heard, though her voice was obviously unused to the stress. "He's at the edge of the mountains! Look for a cave opening!"

Another psychic aura drew her attention-- Tammy was somewhere close to Daniel, likely with Cherry. Astra didn't break her poker face, but she came close to smiling. The more the merrier.

"Gilded Pass. I overheard Astra saying that was where he would be, even though it did wear her out a little." she replied, before starting to move, swiftly as she always did. She trusted Sebastian would follow, since he had offered herself to lead the way, and she smiled softly to herself. Yes, she was the leader of the Society- but that didn't mean she couldn't have relationships with other members, it simply wouldn't be fair. Yet she was still apprehensive, despite her stoic demeanor, that the RS would be disapproving if she were to take a mate; there would likely be fears that she would put said mate before her Society, and that would be even more of a risk factor if she were to have a family. But Chervil somehow knew that they wouldn't be a judgemental as she feared- she trusted the Society she had lead for many moons, and hopefully many more moons to come. "If I'm honest, this was the last thing I needed right now," mused Chervil, her aureolin gaze locked ahead of her. "I was... quite enjoying myself, alone. With you." A slight shade of rosette dusted her cheeks, and she was grateful for the fact that Sebastian was (most likely) not in view of her face.

(@OmnipotentOnion)

Aquilles was relieved to know that Astra had not been abandoned in the mad rush through the forest, and in spite of the overwhelming emissions of the water jet, he was able to hear her clear enough to understand. He turned and directed his path towards the beautiful landscape of the mountains, and continued onward.

As soon as they reached the mountainside, Aquilles began to skim along the borders of it, looking for the cave that Astra had pointed out. He had patrolled this border often, and though there was very little activity around this side of the island on a consistent basis, it was notably likely place for such a Pokemon as the one they were in current pursuit of to take refuge. It wasn't long before they did indeed find a cave, but it was an unfortunately small one. Aquilles came to a slow halt before the crevasse in the stone, looking back to Astra, who was presumable still hanging on.
"You got one last check in you? Is this the one?" He asked, unsure if he'd be able to fit if it was the one. Astra probably would, but the enormous Clawitzer wouldn't make it through the entrance. He had a strong faith that Astra could take care of herself, but then again, he didn't know how powerful this fugitive could be. He could probably wash the culprit out of the cave anyway, so the Lieutenant had a firm confidence that this assailent's machinations were over.

((Interestingly enough, and as unfitting as it sounds, it turns out that Clawitzer is incapable of learning Hydro Pump. Ironic, isn't it?))

Last edited:
Noting the various movements headed towards his location, Daniel hid behind some stalagmites and hastily shifted his body's shape after the invisibility wore off. He took a deep breath, while feeling for his dragon-like features before preparing to execute a plan extemporized in the course of half a minute. He crossed his arms and emanated a lengthy breath, before suddenly thrusting his arms outward!

A strong wind filled the mountains, followed by clouds of sand raining down on those within the storm's vicinity. Knowing that the storm would likely buy Daniel some time, he dove underground and quickly got to work on fleeing through other means.

Still clinging to Aquilles' claw, Astra peered inside the dark cave. It took such little effort to locate Daniel this time that she knew he was inside before her cognition even told her so. "He's there," she whispered, keeping her voice low so as to not be heard. The Aqua Jet blasts had no doubt alerted Daniel to the Lieutenant's presence, but Astra herself still had the element of surprise.

The tunnel was pitch-black, but with the sun just on the edge of setting it would be near-impossible to see inside. She was hardly afraid of the dark, though, and she wanted this to be over. A few steps forward she suddenly recalled what had happened to the Ariados, and retreated back to Aquilles' side. Maybe a bit more precaution was necessary. Hopefully Tammy and Cherry would arrive soon-- the Lieutenant was powerful, but the more of them there were the better. There was no telling how strong Daniel really was.

That harsh tension in her head was still there, but she pushed past it and focused. Her precognition was best at night, when she could read the stars; she had something else at her disposal, however. Future Sight. That should give them some time to spare, once it hit.

The blast of sand caught her by surprise, and she hid back behind Aquilles. "Ack!" Retreating bitterly, she looked around for the two Purplehearts.

Tammy saw what happened and quickly rushed to use Protect the Purplehearts inside the cave. She frowned at the both of them, "We were hoping to sneak up on Daniel, but glad you two came to the party. He's inside deeper into the cave, give me a moment to ping." She said

Unfurling her ears once more and closing her eyes, she sent out Psyhic waves hoping to discern where Daniel was. The chase was getting to a close she hoped, as she picked up Daniel and opened her eyes again. "He's stationary so we can only assume he's hiding. He must've used a storm or something to slow us down."

Daniel burrowed through the rocky earth, taking care to not smack his dorsal fin against the hard edges of the pointed rocks. Once he finished digging down to ground level, he dug over towards his left side for a brief moment. A pile of stones were placed down in the bottom of the lengthy hole along with the other pebbles to allow the trap to blend in with the environment.

Next, he placed a decoy of himself near the trap, but out of sight from above. After that, he made another assortment of stones behind the decoy as carefully as he could to hide the trap behind the copy.

Once everything was complete after a few minutes of hurried work, the land shark Pokémon tunneled away from the area as quickly as he could.

Sebastian smiled as he matched Chervil's pace, hearing what she had said. He was a little behind the right of the Serperior, so he was indeed able to see the rosy blush that touched her cheeks. He chuckled softly and kept going, replying quietly with, "That makes the two of us." The Dragonair was quite happy to find out that his feelings were mutual; he didn't want to think that it might not have been if he had told her his true feelings for the fear of ruining their long friendship. "Maybe, once this whole ordeal is over, we could talk more about it, hm?"

(@tokyomustard)

Aquilles was just as unprepared for the sandstorm as Astra was, and used his giant claw to shield the both of them from the whipping gravel. He was beginning to lose his patience. When Tammy appeared to use Protect, he was already rearing to blast the cave entrance wider, just so he could get inside. The Lieutenant was not about to let him get away. Then he realized what Tammy had said.

"Wait. Daniel? The new medic? HE'S the one we're after?" Aquilles had not been informed that the perpetrator was the recently-inducted medic of the Rainbow Society. He wasn't exactly ecstatic to hear the news that, apparently, everyone else already heard. The moment he had any fraction of opening, the irritated Clawitzer charged forward with his massive claw raised high, then crashed it down into the entrance of the cave with a powerful Crabhammer. The impact smashed the crevasse open wide enough for a Wailmer to fit through without trouble. A reasonating BOOM echoed around the vicinity and then some, as though an explosive had just detonated within the mountain.

The sand wasn't even bothering him anymore.

"Let's go."

Astra nodded to Tammy. Daniel had incredible evasive maneuvers, which she supposed made sense considering his size... that ice move was still forefront in her mind, though. The ability to change Pokémon, she supposed, meant being able to change types as well. Gosh, this was an issue... she was a little glad Chervil wasn't here to see them mess around trying to capture a small Pokémon like Daniel. His strength had certainly been proven, but it was a little embarrassing.

Looking up at Aquilles' exclamation, Astra sighed. She was no less angered than he was that a spy had managed to infiltrate their ranks so well. The explosion didn't faze her, though she had no intention of releasing her anger in such a manner. Not until she was face to face with Daniel, anyways. Following after him into the widened cave entrance (and once more thankful that she had thought to ask him for help-- there was no way she could've done that herself!), she glanced back at Tammy. "I suggest you continue pinging for Daniel at regular intervals. He's got an unfortunate habit of moving when you least expect it."

Daniel heard what was likely a huge explosion, as he felt the earth trembling like a pile of cascading dominoes! He took several deep breaths while thinking, "W- what the hell was that?! Was that some sort of bomb or something? My god! They are crazy! I am not ready to talk if they're gonna be pulling out the big guns..."

The land shark Pokémon excavated through the rocky ground as quickly as he could after a sudden rush of fear went up against his body. The deep roots of some elder trees revealed that he was likely in the pass again. Noting the change in environment, he decided to set another series of rocks near his location after digging his way out.

"Alright, I gotta make this count... I think that my shapeshifting powers are gonna wear off soon," Daniel thought after hiding in a bush. He took in a deep breath and began to shift his body's shape with great care and thoroughness.

"I would like that very much," murmured the Regal Pokémon, a fang-toothed grin stretching across her face. The femme had just taken a breath to say something else, when an almighty 'BOOM' cleaved the air. Chervil winced in shock and her ears were still ringing when the sound had ceased, but she shook her head. "I believe they've pinpointed his location," the Commander mused, narrowing her canary-hued eyes and beginning to pick up the pace, trusting Sebastian would follow her and match her speed, as he had done before. The closer she got to the sound of the explosion, the more specks of sand buffeted against her face, and the leaves that grew on and adorned her bedy began to get damaged and pierced by the storm. It was nothing a Heal Pulse or Synthesis wouldn't fix, however.

Still trusting that Sebastian was behind her, she scented the others in a dark cave on the edge of one of the mountains. She spotted Astra, Tammy and Aquilles at the entrance of the cave. "No joy, I assume," murmured Chervil, seeing the angered looks on their faces. The Serperior blamed herself somewhat for being so desperate for another medic she hadn't seen the apparent darkness that Daniel had within him, though she knew the rest of the RS would most likely feel as betrayed and as foolish as herself. It was no time to wallow- no, they had to find Daniel, and fast. There was thankfully two Psychic Pokémon among the small group, which should rationally make the job of finding Daniel even marginally easier. The sand continued to buffet her as she continued in a low voice, "Do any of you have an idea of where he is now?"

@OmnipotentOnion @Zixal @limniris @Cpt. Surplus

Sebastian smiled and followed her pace once more, keeping up with her quite easily. They soon met up with the others at the mouth of a cave, and the Dragonair turned serious, having seen the angered looks on everyone else's faces. He internally shook his head at what had been going on. It was indeed a mistake to initiate Daniel as a medic, but it might have been just desperation for another medic, what with the increased rates of intrusion into the society.

Ayla woke up from her nap, still laying by the lake in Gilded Pass. No one had come by, despite her premonition. She was always rather lonely, but figured it was for the best she stayed away from everyone until she was needed. She briskly fixed her coat, and continued on with her walk through Gilded Pass.

“So baby bat, where do you think you’re going?” Diana called to the bat-like Pokémon after seeing him come out of a bush.

“Shouldn’t you be with your parents instead of running off like that? There’s someone that’s causing trouble to the island, so it’s not safe to be alone around here,” Diana added while noting the infantile features he had− a smaller overall body size, a lack of visible fur covering his chest and no teeth that could be seen when he spoke.

Diana heard him quietly replying in a babyish tone with a tear falling from his left eye, “W- well... I’m just trying to find my m- mommy...”

“Your parents? Well, where are they? I’ll come with you so that they’re safe,” Diana responded.

“I- it’s fine... b- but... she’s at the docks...” The baby Pokémon answered while Diana’s tail perked up.

“What do you mean it’s fine? There’s literally someone that could harm you! Don’t you know that young man?” Diana retorted.

“I- I- I said it’s fine! C- Come on, it’s just only a couple of minutes away! I’m sure that they caught him already,” The bat Pokémon contended.

“I’m sorry but, I can’t just let you go alone like that. I don’t know what will happen to you if that Pokémon finds you,” Diana asserted.

“W- why? I might look a bit young... but at least I got the basics of flying down,” The baby Pokémon remarked.

“Basics? Well... you sure know a bit more for a bat your age, but I’m not sure if flying is going to help you stay safe... Because the Pokémon can literally become one of us!” Diana affirmed after recalling another Pokémon’s account.

“W- WHA?! Are you kidding me? Oh my god! Oh my god! I gotta get out of here!” The baby Pokémon cried while emitting a supersonic wave of sound from his speaker-like ears at the Dewott.

“A- Ahh! What the hell is this? I can hardly hear anything!” Diana yelped before falling over a split second later.

Taking advantage of the slight disturbance caused at such a perfect timing, the infantile Pokémon winged towards the docks before Diana could notice his presence after regaining her composure a few minutes later.

“D- damn it! I knew I should have worn on those ugly earmuffs earlier!” Diana grunted while gritting her teeth.

Louis jogged along Gilded Pass, observing everything that he passes by. He stopped to admire the true beauty of the area, he was beginning to gain inspiration for a poem. It was a tempting idea, but he had to continue his patrol, but.. its such a gorgeous place! He hesitated for a while, then walking towards a lean tree that has the perfect amount of shade. He laid under the lush leaves of the tree, breathing in the fresh air. He pulled a pencil out of his bandana and a small notebook. He opening the notebook with his muzzle and held the pencil in his mouth. "Hm.. what shouts ' poem ' around here.. " he mumbled to himself while looking around. He then noticed Ayla laying along the shining river. He was some need for conversation, perhaps for ideas? He dropped his pencil beside the open notebook and trotted to Ayla.

"Good evening, Ayla," he called. "What brings you to the beautiful Gilded Pass? Are you on patrol or just taking a break?" he asked, sitting down next to her and curling his tail around his paws.

The baby Pokémon soared in the air, taking care to not let air resistance get the better of his light, nimble body. He glided his way over towards the docks, raising his altitude in a slight manner to reduce the risk of detection.

"Hmm... If I can't fight them all, I'll just have to avoid them for the time being. If they can't find me, then maybe they'll forget about me right?" The bat Pokémon thought.

Diana slowly got back on her feet with the help of a small stump hugged a second prior. She wiggled her body for a brief moment while thinking, "What's with that little bat? He just screamed at me and I couldn't even hear anything after that."

A gasp emitted after picking up a sharp sound in her ears, as Diana said to herself, "Damn it... I think that I might need to see the doc about this... If... only..."

A heavy clonk followed a split second later.

Aquilles' patience worn thin for every moment Daniel wasn't actively being found. If he was still in the cave, the Lieutenant could theoretically wash them out with Muddy Water or something, but if Daniel was as apparently elusive as he suspected, then chances were the soon-to-be-former medic was probably long since gone from the corner Aquilles though he had him trapped in. If this was the case, then Aquilles would, once again, have to prepare himself to pursue the shapeshifting Pokémon with another Aqua Jet. For a moment, he began to wonder if he was over-exerting himself on the constant use of Aqua Jet, but he reminded himself that he's been through worse.

He turned to the two psychic Pokémon in the party, with a look that asked the same question as did his commander a moment ago.
"Get on it, and fast. If Daniel keeps getting away like this, then I won't be able to keep up as well. The faster we can reach him, the smaller his chances are of getting away again." Aquilles knew that the surrounding ocean was his greatest advantage in combat, and if anyone would attempt to traverse it against his will, he'd be more than capable of giving them hell. Even flying Pokémon could be knocked back down into his territory with Smack Down, but since Daniel was capable of transformation, there was a looming possibility that he'd even be able to escape Aquilles in the ocean. The chance was small, however, and would take tremendous effort on Daniels's part to succeed. Aquilles had intentionally worked tirelessly to become the powerhouse he was, and with his ocean advantage, he knew that no matter what happened with Daniel, if he got off the island or not, it would be nigh impossible to escape through the vast expanse of sea that separated the island from the mainland.

It was only a matter of time.

Daniel landed on the bridge a few minutes later, giving a light sigh of relief to himself after noting that the townsfolk did not notice any sign of him. He took a deep breath and thought, "Oh dear... I can really use a break, I'm pretty sure that I'm not gonna be able to change soon if this keeps up. I'll just wait down there for a bit. I'm pretty sure that no one other than that shrimp can swim. I'll just have to fight fire with fire... or water with water in this case if he can even find me in the first place."

"There's plenty of fish in the sea, so I don't think he'll be finding this fish any time soon," Daniel thought before taking a lengthy breath and diving into the sea with his small, cyan, crustacean body.

Astra gritted her teeth before once more focusing on that aura she'd become so familiar with over the course of the day. "He's..." The only reason she didn't utter an expletive was the presence of the Commander and Lieutenant. "He's in the ocean by the docks. Not far from the shore, but I can't tell how fast he's moving or what he's changed himself into."

There was no way for her to give chase now. She stared blankly at the ground, Sandstorm still irritating the air.

It wasn't her job to fight the criminals, she knew that. The situation had gotten too personal, though, and for once in her career as a medic she'd actually entertained the idea of bringing a foe to justice herself. Taking a deep breath, she settled for gathering the remnants of her strength and sending out a Heal Pulse towards her allies, replenishing any health and energy they'd lost. Responsibility for continuing the chase would lie with Aquilles-- maybe Sebastian as well, though she wasn't sure how good his diving was.

Hadn't she just run into a Dewott, back in the town? Astra had been so rushed she'd barely registered that... oh well.

The Clawitzer was slightly astonished with how quickly Daniel had managed to reach the shore. He must have become quite the efficient digging Pokemon, and he was capable of that, he must also be capable of becoming a decent swimmer...

But he wasn't going to let that happen. "Not on my watch! That punk just walked right into MY terrain! If he thinks he's going to escape through there, he's got another thing coming, and it's gonna hurt." Aquilles, now rejuvenated by Astra's momentary Heal Pulse, blasted off in an instant, reaching his full speed of 60 knots within seconds. The Aqua Jet he rode carried him across the island in mere minutes, and he was making a beeline towards the docks to cut time even shorter. Being the Lieutenant of the Rainbow Society, it was his duty to protect the peaceful citizens of the island from any aggression from the outside, but the fact that this one had not only attacked one of their own, he'd even put on a facade of a medic to infiltrate their ranks. Aquilles felt both embarrassed and enraged that he'd allow such a despicable motive to go unnoticed. The only drive he needed to fuel him on his mad dash to catch the escaping medic was revenge, but he masked it in his own head with the belief that he couldn't let Daniel escape for reasons of justice.

The moment Aquilles reached the shoreline, he kicked the Aqua Jet at an upward angle and launched himself into the air, crashing back down into the sea with a tremendous WHOOM, and disappeared below the waves. Being a deep-sea Pokemon from birth, the Clawitzer was accustomed to swimming at high speeds, keeping a sharp eye out in every direction. The water hardly managed to obstruct his vision as he whizzed through the sea, madly searching in every direction for any Pokemon who was directly swimming away from the island.

A sudden rush of terror filled Daniel's shrimp-like body the moment he heard a booming noise in the sea. He caught the distant sight of another Pokémon that resembled the one he currently was, only that the claw was likely bigger than his whole body upon closer inspection. The rushing Pokémon appeared to be searching for any suspects moving away from the RS territory, as Daniel thought, "Oh boy... they're really mad now! I don't know what do... even if I try to say my innocence, they won't take anything unless if I can somehow go back to my place and get that note!"

Knowing that going up against a Pokémon in his evolved form would most certainly result in a first class ticket to the dreaded Doctor's Office, Daniel decided to head straight for the seafloor as quickly as he could. Noting that some of the other Pokémon appeared to be heading away from the island, Daniel decided to blend in amongst them for a brief moment. A decoy was placed along the path of the group swimming away from the territory, as Daniel dug under the floor after managing to put his moderate swimming skills to work. He hid in a big patch of seaweed after the lure was made. He took a silent breath and charged up some compressed water in his claw in a discreet manner.