• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
A student just told me that she was taught by her English teachers in China to say "Go bye" or "I go bye now" instead of goodbye. I didn't even attempt to keep a straight face when told this.

It explains so much.
I love Engrish teachers. XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Linkachu said:
A student just told me that she was taught by her English teachers in China to say "Go bye" or "I go bye now" instead of goodbye. I didn't even attempt to keep a straight face when told this.

It explains so much.

... that's not even the worst of it. Sadly, when I try to talk to my extended family who claim to have good grades in English, they all have the strangest sayings...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shiny Eevee said:
Linkachu said:

It explains so much.

... that's not even the worst of it. Sadly, when I try to talk to my extended family who claim to have good grades in English, they all have the strangest sayings...

Do tell more. :3

Also, being able to sleep in UNTIL the sun comes up? Best thing ever. Or one of the many best things ever. But seriously, sunlight, I missed you!

Gotta do a comparison report on the Layout, Colour, Images, Captions, Anchorage, Narrative, Language and Fonts on the Skyfall review of The Guardian and The Sun to show how companies make products with a target audience in mind ¬.¬ This report seems more complex than it needs to be.

So yeah I've got half a page on captions so I can tell this is gonna be like 8 pages long

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think I shall start writing Christmas Cards tomorrow. Oh the horror I have so many to write ;___;

Magpie said:
I think I shall start writing Christmas Cards tomorrow. Oh the horror I have so many to write ;___;
You should do what I do.

Not have any friends.

You don't have to buy them anything for Christmas or birthdays, because they don't exist!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Luckii said:
Magpie said:
You should do what I do.

Not have any friends.

You don't have to buy them anything for Christmas or birthdays, because they don't exist!

You can write cards to your family!

Rileyixx said:
Better yet do what I do have friends and not buy them things or just send an e-card you can just mass send those and saves pennies too :3

That's not very Christmassy! D:< I love sending people stuffs, I just dread starting the task :p Plus I'm a Team Leader at work so I have to send my team a card each... that's like 40 people :V

I'm not a very festive person, I like this time of year mainly because of increased supplies of food within the house xD I'm not really bothered about cards seeming though I throw most of them out a week later :p

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I just wrapped my friends Holiday presents with newspaper and duct tape. It's the thought that counts. Now what to do with the rest of the newspaper :?

Woke up to 5 reblogs, 4 likes and 2 new followers on Tumblr, for a post that got uploaded on Monday. Have to say even though I don't know any of these people they have certainly made the start to my day great :) And I want to hug them all :3

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Rileyixx said:
Woke up to 5 reblogs, 4 likes and 2 new followers on Tumblr, for a post that got uploaded on Monday. Have to say even though I don't know any of these people they have certainly made the start to my day great :) And I want to hug them all :3

You have a tumblr?

Had Tumblr for years only just started using it though :p If you want to follow me my name is coreysawrus, I basically just ramble on about college, gaming and guys xD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Rileyixx said:
:3 I have money again :D Also going to see the Knicks next year :D
Like, the Basketball team?

I have been impossibly bored as of late. Being on Winter Break when nobody else is gets real old, real fast. Watching movies/tv shows and playing video games hasn't even distracted me properly. I need human interaction, damn it!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
COMING BACK TO CHARMS~ Like for sure now. Because who cares about finals WHOOT~ :3
And just in time to watch another game of mafia unfold. XD This will be funnnn ♥

Shiny Eevee said:
COMING BACK TO CHARMS~ Like for sure now. Because who cares about finals WHOOT~ :3
And just in time to watch another game of mafia unfold. XD This will be funnnn ♥

Yay and I'm guessing the word highlighted means you aren't allowed xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Friday's here again, and today has been a nice day. Someone gave me homemade pizza too. I love our ridiculously generous students~

On a different note, I require a new avatar for the Christmas holidays. This must be sorted out this weekend! >=O

Me and my 13 year old was playing Mario Kart Wii online was doing a coin battle and I was on 32 coins when suddenly I get a barrage of items slaughtering me leaving me on 4 coins and I shout out loud you whorebags. From that moment then me and my sister kept calling everyone stuff like whorebag, fagface and dickweed. Fair to say I'm a bad influence on her when playing Mario Kart

Well, I could not find one picture with a Zekrom wearing a Santa hat, so I settled for this PokeChristmas instead.

Also, trying out the Charming Mafia this time, where I sure someone will cheerfully kill me. :)

As for this month, I'm still in school until the 21st, so keeping up with the Mafia will be tricky, but I'll find time to do it. Then, Christmas break! I'm asking for White 2 for Christmas!

Also, my dad showed me some fantasy dice game called "Dragon Dice." It looks cool, but the rulebook is confusing, and doesn't elaborate on everything.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It finally started snowing! Most of the north of the UK has been having snow for awhile and I'd been wishing that it'd make its way here (if only to replace the rain), so I am happy now. :3

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Rileyixx said:
North of England has snow? o-O Not had any here and it usually snows a lot here. Glad there isn't any snow. Not glad that it is too cold for snow

We'll from a few friends I have in the north they tell me you guys have snow in places. ^^;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
We had a tiny bit of snow the other day. So it must have just missed you by like... a mile or two :p

It's just cold and icy now. The frosty ground looks pretty though :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

The holidays are so close now. Seriously cannot wait until next Wednesday, our final day of work with students for this year. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Rileyixx said:
Yeah, we've had frost for a while xD Also this fog is ridiculous

Ah yes, the fog. The fog sucks poop. It was fine earlier but it descended in what must have been less than five minutes at around lunchtime/mid-afternoon. Looking forward to my drive to work tomorrow \o/