• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Pokemon Experiment {RP}

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Post Your Characters Here!)

Zap rubbed his eyes, and then opened them. He stood up. Wait? Where was he? He wasn't in the comfortable bed his trainer had got him, it looked like he was outside. In a forest of some sort. Zap rubbed his eyes again, trying to make sense of where he was. Shelly and Cherry were no where to be seen. Zap wanted to yell their names, but decided not to. He started to wonder around, looking for them.
-
Shelly woke up, shivering a bit because it was a little chilly where ever he was. Wait, where was he? Shelly frantically looked around him and yelled out Zap's name. How'd he get to the forest? Shelly, Zap, Cherry, and their trainer lived by the beach, and the forest was far away. Did he get lost in the forest somehow? He sat down, and even cried a little.

-
Cherry sneezed, which woke her up, and she jolted awake. "Ooh, a forest!" She mumbled. "I wonder what kinds of snacks are here!" She wondered around going from bush to bush picking out food until she stumbled across a bowl of Pokemon food. "Huh, where did you come from, Mr. Food? Oh well." Cherry dropped all the berries she was carrying and devoured the food that was upon her in an instant.

@LunarSilvally @Lightning-emolga @OtisRolePlays @Shadow_Pup

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Ugh, what happened?” Nia opened her eyes slowly, then she shot straight up. Nia looked at her surroundings, she was in a forest. “Weird . . .” Her antennas twitched with curiosity, she didn’t remember going here. “Otis?” Nia looked at the sky, “Spirit? Joey? Clever? Mary? Clara? Where are you guys!?” She quickly looked around again, as if expecting her teammates and Otis to be right behind her. Nia sat down in defeat, she was all alone. Then her antennas perked up, Nia heard someone yell out ‘Zap’. “Hmmm....” She followed the sound of the voice, Nia had to rely on her antennas’ sensing ability to find whoever yelled.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Aeris woke up in a strange forest, where was Bolt? She looked around, see a little yellow thing in the distance she ran over to it, it was Bolt. "Come on Bolt, wake up" she turned quickly, she had definitely heard something, picking bolt up and placing him on her back she began to walk towards the sounds.

Bolt woke up, the ground felt strange almost furry, he opened his eyes and realised he was on Aeris' back, but where were they. He decided to climb up to her head so he could see around more.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Shelly wiped his eyes and decided to wander around to try and get his bearings and find Zap, and maybe Cherry, whatever she was doing. Shelly stopped quickly to pick some berries, to maybe give to Zap, and bumped into a giant Scolipede, and fell down. "O-oh I'm s-sorry." Shelly stood up again, fidgeting with his scalchop, and his scarf. "D-do y-you know w-where we are?"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia stumbles a bit, before she steadied herself. She saw an Oshawott fidgeting with their scarf and scalchop. “Um, it’s okay . . . And I don’t know where we are either . . .” Nia sighed, and looked at the Oshawott straight in the eyes. “I don’t really trust you, but what are you doing here?” Anger flashed in her eyes, before the anger faded away, and was replaced with worry.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I-I h-honestly don't know." Shelly looked around, trying to avoid eye contact with the Scolipede, which was fairly easy considering that the Scolipede was nearly 8 times as tall as the little Oshawott. "I just woke up here." Shelly sighed.
-
Cherry ate the entire bowl of food and sat down for a minute just to let it digest. Cherry noticed a sticker on the bowl that said "PokéFood; not for total consumption by one Pokémon". Strange. Cherry then ran off into the forest to go find something to do, before mindlessly crashing into an Espeon with a little Joltick riding on it. "Oh, silly me. Ummm... excuse me pink fluffy Pokemon, do you know where we are?"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia sighed again, This is the WORST day ever . . . “Well, we won’t find out if we just stand around, let’s go explore.” Her antennas twitched again, and she set off in a random direction. While she was walking, Nia looked under and over everything, hoping for even the slightest chance of her trainer or teammates there. Her antennas slightly drooped, and Nia was starting to lose hope. How can I survive without them?

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Okay." Shelly could sense that the Scolipede also lost their trainer. He started walking behind Nia. He could see in the distance, a lake? A lake! "I can see a lake over there in the distance, we should go there!" Shelly shot off towards the lake. He was essentially attracted to lakes because of his Oshawott nature.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
"w-what going on here, why theres a chilly feeling?" The tiny emolga said as he start waking up.
"Huh?, Wheres e-everyone?" Lightning wondered as he was looking around, wheres is my trainer? And what is this place, i dont remember we slept in the forest this night..." Lightning said confused the he heard a sound.
His ears stand still as he hear the noices.
"Huh? Whos there?" Lightning said curiously then clammed down.
"Its probably a wild pokemon like were always encoring" lightning said to himself, "but maybe he can say when i am, and i will able to find my trainer" lightning said to himself, "my trainer probably searching for me worried, he wont abandon me right?" lightning said sadly.
He start searching where the noises coming from.
Then he notice two pokemons walking, "maybe they did the noices before, i should ask them if they know what is this place" lightning said to himself, then walked toward the pokemons.
"Excuse me?, Do you know what is this place? I just woke up here somehow" lightning said worried then thought to himself, "i hope those two know what near this forest".

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Hmm, your right, let’s go there.” She raced after the Oshawott, and stopped next to the lake. Nia sat down, then noticed an Emolga walk up to her. “No, I don’t know where we are, me and this Oshawott both woke up here too.” Nia looked at the Emolga, “We are probably stuck here, whether we like it or not . . .” Nia was definitely one of the pokemon who didn’t like being here.

Blue had woken suddenly but in a forest, she stood up quickly looking around at her surroundings. Last that she remembered was that she was with JC her partner but now she wasn't. She felt worried and confused as to why she was here but she was going to find out. She felt a soft nudge from someone as she looked next to her seeing it was Sparkx, Shadow's partner.

"Sparkx, your ok but do you know where we are and where JC and Shadow are?"she asked her eyes filled with worry. "No Blue I don't I just woke to see that I wasn't with Shadow"Sparkx said standing next to her. Blue closed her eyes to remain calm before opening them again. "We can't freak out so we must remain calm and figure out why we are here because I don't like this place one bit!"Blue said sharply. "JC always said to remain calm in a situation when I am separated with her for some reason and I'm pretty sure that Shadow told the same thing to you Sparkx"she added.

"Yes, your right Blue, we should start moving and see if other Pokemon are in this dome"Sparkx said looking up as she noticed she was in a some with Blue. Blue nodded before getting a move on with Sparkx walking beside her. She and Sparkx had leaped from branches to rocks and cross rivers until Blue had spotted and Espeon with a Joltik on her head. "Sparkx, look I found an Espeon and Joltik in the distance maybe we can ask them if they know where we are"Blue said looking at her. "Well its worth a shot Blue"Sparkx said before following her ahead.

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

"so you just suddenly woke here too..." Lightnong said disappoint, "this is strange but if we all want to find the exit from this forest maybe we should work together" lightning said cheerfully.
Lightning sat as well, "so whag are we going to do, we all lost and we all trying to find our way home" light said worried.
"There must be a reason how we all got here" lightning said sadly, his stomach started to growl.
"I wonder if theres food around here" lightnong said to himself while the stomach continue to growl

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“I’m already losing hope that we might all escape, and I have no idea on how to escape either.” Nia looked down at the Emolga, and noticed that he was hungry. “You might find some berry bushes around here, I mean, this is a forest after all.” Nia stared into the lake water, she saw her reflection. Nia looked at her bandanna, and took it off. She held it tightly, it was the only reminder of her trainer and teammates.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(was playing let's go pikachu again, lol. also guys, the pokemon don't know they are in a dome, so they wouldn't reference it. :) )

Shelly stopped fantasizing about lakes and realized there was an Emolga walking with them. "There's gotta be some berry bushes around here." Shelly than immediately tripped flat on his face. He got up and dusted himself off, before turning around. There was just a random bowl of food. "Well, that's convenient." Shelly took some of the food and stuffed it in his face. "Well, eat up!"

Magic Sparkle

Lightning looked worried at the scolpede whe she took off he bandanna.
"Youre missing your trainer too, right?" Lightning said to the scolpede, then he notice the oshawott coming toward a random food bowl.
"Wait!" He shouted, "dont think of eating that bowl, it just came from no where and it look very suspicious" lightning shouted in worry.
"This food just came from nowhere, what going on in this place? Is this even a real forest?" Lightning thought to himself.
He start walking toward a bush he just noticed and took an oran berry.
"Yum!" Lightning said as he eats the juicy berry.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(Oops Sorry!)

“Yeah, I don’t know what to do without her . . .” She put the bandanna back on her neck. Then Nia turned around, and saw the food bowl too. Nia looked one more time at the bowl of food, and also started to eat some. “Even if it’s dangerous, I’m too hungry to care.” She continued to eat, then she stopped. Nia walked away from the food, and drank some water from the lake. “Well, wherever we are, we have all the right resources to live a good life here.”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"That's true." Shelly stated. "How'd the bowls of food get there?" Shelly shook his head. "Well, it is food." Shelly also drunk from the lake, and then jumped into too swim. "Jump in! The water's warm!" The water was actually cold, but an Oshawott has super thick fluff, and so water was always warm.
-
Zap wandered around the forest, until he saw a wall of glass. Glass? He touched it. It was glass. Zap looked up, and he could see the dome, but the glass seemed to vanish in the air. He saw what was behind the wall. It was just grass, and people in lab coats. He whined and his ears drooped. He didn't like being cooped up without his knowledge.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia took a step back as Shelly jumped into the lake. A few water droplets landed on her face, and she looked at the Oshawott. “Fine, I might as well have fun.” Nia ran away from the lake, and started to run back to it, gaining momentum. Nia leaped in the air, and landed into the lake with a big, loud splash. She swam up to the surface, and the chilly water startled her. “Hey, you said this water was warm, it’s freezing cold!”

Magic Sparkle

"even so" lightning said after he finished the berry, "our trainers are searching for us everywhere, weneed to search too" lightning said a little madly, "we dont know a lot about thia place, i only think that this place just spawn things here, what make me suspect that theres a lot of dangers" lightning said suspiciously.
"What if the food filled with poison, and it cant be only us here, there must be more!" Lightning said.
lightning started to walk in the river.
He saw scolpede going to the lake as well.
The rivel was very cold to lightning's fur and he start shaking while he walked deeper.
He start to freeze and couldn't reach oshawott.
Lightning turned back out of the river before he will be frozen solid.
Lightning still shaked and tried to get himself warm.
"My body wont give that freezing water a warming feeling like that oshawott" he thought to himself while he tried to warm himself.

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh sorry guys. But the water was, er is warm!" Shelly lay on his back floating in the water. "Wusses." Shelly took in a deep breath of the fresh air. "So, uhh, now what?"
-
Zap smacked the wall, trying to get the researcher's attention, but they didn't even notice him. He turned back into the forest. "SHELLY!" He yelled out. He got no response. He started running into the forest.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“I don’t know what to do next, should we explore more?” Nia swam next to Shelly, her legs paddling slowly. Then her antennas perked up, Maybe I’m just hearing things . . . She dove underwater, and looked at the bottom of the lake. Their were small fish pokemon swimming about, and Nia rose to the surface again.

Magic Sparkle

(fixed the my last post because i got confused a little with the characters)

"How you can swim in that freezing water so long?" Lightning said to scolpede curiously, then answered to the oshawott "i think we still need to explore, at least until we will find more information about this place" lightning said, then realized something.
"By the way" lightning said "you havent told me your names, my name is lightning" lightning said.
He held the red scarf on his head an thought, "this place is just weird, i just want to return back".

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Shelly! Shelly! Where are you!?" Zap speed-walked through the forest. He was tired, and he might be going the wrong way, so running wasn't needed. "Shelly! Shelly?" Zap teared up slightly, but he wiped his eye. He was super confused and sad. Why were they in a dome?
-
"Awww, I was just going to challenge both of you to a holding-your-breath challenge, and totally win." Shelly bragged. "My record is fifteen minutes." Shelly giggled. "Well, my trainer called me Shelly, so that's my name." Shelly's tail twitched. "Do you guys hear something?"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“I don’t really know, I just, swim.” Nia just kept swimming, “My name is Nia, and I think I did hear something earlier.” Nia swam onto shore, and shook the water off of her. “Should we go check out the noise?” Nia started to walked towards where she first heard the sound, her antennas twitched.

Magic Sparkle

Emolga ears started to twitch as well.
"I hear something but i dont recognize what is that" lightning said confused, "all this place is just so... Weird" light said, then continued "i mean... We just woke up here somehow, a food bowl came from no where and probably theres a lot more weird things" light said.
He start clombing on the nearest and said "lets go find from where that voice coming from".
He jumped from the tree and start to glide in the the air.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Zap kept yelling."Shelly! Where are you!". Shelly's tail twitched again, before the sound snapped in his head. Shelly suddenly ran off into the woods, completly forgetting Nia and Lightning, and leaving them behind. The two pokemon crashed in a big hug, both happily crying. "Shelly, where were you?". Shelly pointed behind him, but the words were stolen from him. Zap explained. "I thought we would never see each other again! Anyways, I-I saw a glass wall, and there was researchers outside, c-come look!" Zap dragged the hysteric sea otter to where he saw the glass war.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia watched as Shelly ran off. “Hah, now I have to catch up.” She followed Shelly, and saw the Oshawott hugging a Pikachu. Hmm . . . Nia continued to follow them, she was now hiding in the trees. She came to an abrupt stop, Nia looked up at the glass wall in front of her. Curiousity flickered in her eyes, and she knocked on the glass.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Shelly also knocked on the glass wall. "Zappy, how... did... this... get here?" Zap shook his head. Shelly looked around, and spotted the giant Scolipede, Nia, who had at least made an attempt to hide. Zap looked closer to the world behind the glass wall. The sun was starting to set, and unless there was some form of heating around here, Zap and Shelly would have to make a shelter to sleep in.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia stepped away from the glass wall, then realized that the sun was setting. She glanced one more time at the two pokemon, before racing back to the lake. Nia gathered a few leaves from the trees, and made a small ‘nest’ out of them, or whatever you would call it. She sat in the nest, and watched the sun set. Nia lays down, and falls asleep.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"We should be working on a shelter." Shelly said to Zap. "I'll go get some sticks. We already have one wall for support." Zap walked off into the forest. Shelly forgot he had to get supplies and observed the researchers as they worked. What were they doing? It was very interesting to watch.

Magic Sparkle

Lightning was still gliding until he noticed nia and shelly didnt follow him.
He landed on top of the tree, try to figure out the way back.
"Its all look so familiar, i cant find the way i came from" lightning said depressed.
He saw that the sun start to set.
"Its getting dark, i should build a shellter for tonight and in the morning i will search for shelly and nia" light said to himself and start searching for things he can use nearby.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Cherry wandered about some more. Where ever she was wasn't so bad. She didn't have to follow rules, got free food, and could just do what ever she wanted. All those qualities would make an excellent place for a mischievous and playful Pokemon to exist, and Cherry was the exact definition of a playful pokemon. She wandered more, and stumbled across a lake, but she looked up at the sky and saw that the sun was going down. She was still tired from eating all that food, so she just slept on the floor next to the lake.

"Where in the world am I?" This was all Eevui said, while staring at her surroundings. She was in a forest, that much was appearent. She had woken up on a patch of grass, unaware the members of her team were nowhere to be seen. Her trainer wasn't in sight. While this usually appealed to Eevui, she couldn't help but shiver, she was separated from the members of her team. Her calm look, looked more panicked, and she started to fidget a bit. "Midnight? Ace? This isn't funny," she said aloud, searching around before finding just a lake. The setting sun reflected on its water, and this caused Eevui to break her usually calm persona, into that of utter terror.

"AHHHH! WHERE AM I?! EEVUIIII!" She proceeded to run around in circles as thoughts rushed though her mind, where was her trainer, where was her teammates, but the most important question to her was, where was she.

Magic Sparkle

While lightning keep searching items he heard a voice from somewhere.
"Huh?" The emolga said as his ears twitched, "theres another one here in this forest" he thought to himself and start following the voice.
After a while he sees a lake from a little far, but not like the lake he saw earlier.
He keep walking until he see an eevee running in circles, panicking.
"Calm down" he said to the panicking eevee.
"Theres no reason to panic" he continued and thought to himself "is it just me or this place changing or getting bigger".

Eevui almost fell back in surprise of the Emolga. She didn't see him coming. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" She screamed prematurely once again and used Dig, burrying herself leaving all but her tail in the ground. "Go away fiend! I'm not here to fight! I'm just looking for my trainer!" She yelled this aloud, but since most of her body had been concealed in the ground, it was merely muffled screams to the Emolga.

Magic Sparkle

The emolga didnt understand what the eevee wanted to say and got confused.
"You dont need to be afraid of me, im came here in the same way you came!" Lightning shouted, hoping that the eevee will be able to hear him underground.

Eevui burrowed down deeper, now her tail was concealed. But she appeared behind of Lightning, glaring at his back. "How do I know you're not going to electrocute me, and then take me to your evil laboratory!" Eevui was now acting much more childish then ever, despite being of the age of 15, which would be considered as an teenager in human years, she was still plenty childish, but very serious at the same time. As if the childish behavior wasn't very childish in her eyes at all.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Ugh, what is that noise?” Nia had woken up to the sound of screaming. She stood up, and her antennas perked up, in search of more sound. Nia raced back to the forest, “Whoever screamed better have a good reason too!” Then she heard someone talking, Hmm . . . must be close . . . She hid behind a tree, and saw an Eevee and Lightning talking. Nia walked out of the trees, “Could you guys keep it down? You guys woke me up with all of your talking and screaming.”

Magic Sparkle

Before lightning said something he sees nia coming toward him.
"Sorry" lightning said, hoping that nia didnt scare the eevee.
He tried to find the eevee and start turning his tail to metal.
"If you wont come out, i will found you! And show you dont need to worry" lightnong said and start digging by using iron tail.
Lightning was tired and actived more aggressively.

Eevui turned around to see the massive Scolipede, and this alone caused the color to drain from her face. "S-So big..." She stated. No one on her team was as big as the Scolipede, and this almost made Eevui faint. She stayed in place, dizzyly. Soon she had paid attention and hid back in the ground, where hopefully the Scolipede or Emolga wouldn't find her, and she would be left alone.