• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

Eventually we're gonna have to settle on a single plot thread for us all to follow right? I like the open nature of the RP, but it would be nice to have a general story so that we don't end up feeling lost as to what to do with our characters.
The first thing to do would be to group together all the characters that have the same goal. To start, Nikolai's goal is to expose Patriot and the rest of the Paragons as frauds.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lillian was supposed to be my hero character, and I kinda want her in the heros hand before the main plot takes off.
Kerco is a bit of a wild card, he appreciates the good heroes are fine, but h will use underhanded tactics to the power hungry ones (Though his eyes are on the paragons as a whole with Patriots presentation)

Adrianna is a potential Recruit, she needs picked up by one of the Paragons.

Logan is a Neutral party, he is usually distant unless you somehow either get involved or mention the Masked Toad.

Tobias is a villain with a goal of Chaos by plants.

Shuzo just kinda wants to do his own thing apart from the Paragons, so a good way to bring him in with everyone else is just send someone to either win him over by mentioning the big bad that'll bring everyone together or just bring him along by force, which will probably the more likely option and could potentially be a fun fight to RP through

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Alias: Thanatos
Age/Gender: 17/Male
Race: Human
Alignment: Pure Evil (can change if someone saves him)
Personality: He kills/torture for fun.. But he does have feelings. He likes the people closest to him otherwise he doesn't care about you.
Flaws: Much more powerful during the night but is still able to use his powers during the day, just not as powerful. He can also not mend in to the shadows during the day
Powers: Shadow Control (can make shadow weaopns. Such as bows, swords, spears and shield.) He can also mend himself in to the shadows. ((he does not have a shadow behind him when he is out, that's how you would recognize him if you saw him on the streets.))
Backstory: When he was young he was you're regular kid with powers but that changed when he got kidnapped. His kidnapper destroyed his mind and tried to push all feeling he had out.. He almost succeeded with it but Hayashi managed to get away. But he was gone.. not feeling anything for killing people or anything except for fun and power. But he still has some emotions.. if you get close to him. He is still that little kid somewhere in that destroyed mind of his.

I hope this is fine :))
de daimon is in
Eventually we're gonna have to settle on a single plot thread for us all to follow right? I like the open nature of the RP, but it would be nice to have a general story so that we don't end up feeling lost as to what to do with our characters.
to be completely honest, i'd say a large story thread is already developing- and this is the downfall of the Paragons, set in motion by quite a few hero-haters already. not to say it'll be easy, especially once the Paragons get wind of what's going on.

Copied and pasted:
Alias: Phoenix
Age/Gender: 18/Male.
Race: Human.
Alignment: He's chaotic neutral, he goes his own path with small crimes here and there. Maybe cause a small explosion to get away. But he wouldn't hurt anyone willingly (accidentally if the human is too close to the explosion and he doesn't notice).
Personality: He wouldn't skip an opportunity to have some fun, unless there's an emergency. He cares a lot for his sister who have a deadly disease. He feels a little betrayed of the Paragons because they claim to be good but they can't help his sister.
Appearance: He dress in a purple hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath and jeans. He has the body of a swimmer and have spiderbites on the left side of his lip. He also have an earring in his left ear and he's 6'1. When using his powers he puts on a homemade costume made out of a blue hoodie, black sweatpants and a motorcycle helmet.
Flaws: His power works best during the day, especially when there's no clouds, because of the heat in the air. During night he can still use it, but only to heat up his body and light candles.
Powers: Pyrokinesis (and resistant but not immune to fire).
Backstory: He came from Sweden to America when he was 13 years old because his dad got a job there. His sister, Alice, developed cancer which only began to show a year after they had moved. After that, Isak's family began to look out more for Alice than him. That made him jealous of the special treatment, but he didn't say anything about it because he knew his sister needed it. She was the sick one, not him. He obviously cared for his sister and would do anything for her, but his parents wouldn't allow him to do much. So he decided to take out his worry, disappointment and anger somewhere else. And that's how he began struggling in school, and began shoplifting. At first he only covered his face with the hood on his hoodie when he began shoplifting, and he had made some friends to cover up for him as well. And that's where he is now.

comic

Copied and pasted:
Alias: Phoenix
Age/Gender: 18/Male.
Race: Human.
Alignment: He's chaotic neutral, he goes his own path with small crimes here and there. Maybe cause a small explosion to get away. But he wouldn't hurt anyone willingly (accidentally if the human is too close to the explosion and he doesn't notice).
Personality: He wouldn't skip an opportunity to have some fun, unless there's an emergency. He cares a lot for his sister who have a deadly disease. He feels a little betrayed of the Paragons because they claim to be good but they can't help his sister.
Appearance: He dress in a purple hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath and jeans. He has the body of a swimmer and have spiderbites on the left side of his lip. He also have an earring in his left ear and he's 6'1. When using his powers he puts on a homemade costume made out of a blue hoodie, black sweatpants and a motorcycle helmet.
Flaws: His power works best during the day, especially when there's no clouds, because of the heat in the air. During night he can still use it, but only to heat up his body and light candles.
Powers: Pyrokinesis (and resistant but not immune to fire).
Backstory: He came from Sweden to America when he was 13 years old because his dad got a job there. His sister, Alice, developed cancer which only began to show a year after they had moved. After that, Isak's family began to look out more for Alice than him. That made him jealous of the special treatment, but he didn't say anything about it because he knew his sister needed it. She was the sick one, not him. He obviously cared for his sister and would do anything for her, but his parents wouldn't allow him to do much. So he decided to take out his worry, disappointment and anger somewhere else. And that's how he began struggling in school, and began shoplifting. At first he only covered his face with the hood on his hoodie when he began shoplifting, and he had made some friends to cover up for him as well. And that's where he is now.
oh. i thought i already gave you the all-clear on phoenix. i remember about him.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
lol, sorry, which one?
also, btw, if i don't address anyone's character, that doesn't mean they're not in. i've said it before and i'll say it again- all roleplayers and their characters are welcome and accepted- for the time being. if things get too chaotically full, i'll let you know.

Really? what about this one?

Alias: N/A
Age/Gender:
Race:100,000,000 Male
Alignment: CG
Personality: Sure of his power, but friendly
Flaws: None
Powers:
Super speed (Like flash)
Dehydration of objects
Super strength (Star level)
Flight
Lightning creation/manipulation
Knowledge of all topics
Weather control
Mind reading
Future sight
Backstory:

Sorry, it was just to tempting

Age/Gender:
Powers:
Super speed (Like flash)
Dehydration of objects
Flight
Knowledge of all topics
Weather control
Mind reading
Future sight
Backstory:

which flash? there are multiple versions of the flash (Better not be wally west)

comic

Age/Gender:
Powers:
Super speed (Like flash)
Dehydration of objects
Flight
Knowledge of all topics
Weather control
Mind reading
Future sight
Backstory:

joke or not, it does break a singular rule.
i stated no planet-busters or higher, so by going with rules, even if this was serious, it would be unaccepted until modified.

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
I think the most interesting thing about the characters wanting to take down the Paragons is that they're not 100%wrong. With characters like Patriot, its reasonable as too why they'd question the legitimacy of the group. I think Alan's arc is gonna be about him questioning if the Paragons are right for him or needed at all.

comic

@comic Should I send Adrianna towards the Paragon Tower?
if you want to. i don't mind.
I am really sorry for not doing anything in here for the past couple days. That was really sucky of me, especially since the post isn't even that long. Sorry for the holdup.
it's fine bro. you're not expected to be hyper active or anything.

Alias: Alabandus (A hero who became a god. Chosen recently to fit the role he’d found himself playing)
Age/Gender: 20
Race: Caucasian

Alignment:
I’m honestly not certain if I’d peg him as Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil. Guess we’ll have to see.

Personality:
The young man is crude and cynical, much like a vast majority of today’s society. He’s carefree, persistent, witty and most of all- an asshole.
While Levi doesn’t go out of his way to cause problems, he doesn’t mind doing something like stealing money if he’s broke, or beating the guy who looked at him funny.
With all that said, the young Super Thug wasn’t looking to take his ‘reign of terror’ much further, only acting against societies standards when it benefited him
Flaws: In general, he’s a pretty arrogant guy. He gets caught up in the moment and loses all sense of responsibility. Furthermore, his clouded judgment has led to slow progression of his powers.

Powers:
Assimilate- Levi is capable of absorbing and assimilating matter into his body.
Example: If he absorbed a wooden table, he himself would become that type of wood, attaining all of its physical attributes.
This lone ability comes with a fine selection of others, a few key being...
- Morphing his limbs, or potentially his whole body, into various constructs to aid him in combat.
- Increasing his mass and size by absorbing and excess amount of material.
- Healing wounds by absorbing excess matter while transformed.
Power Flaws: Even though his ability allows him to retain his dexterity and abilities to move normally, turning into denser materials can slow him down considerably.
On top of this, his power abides by the law of equivalent exchange. In order to convert his entire body mass into a material, said material must be in plentiful supply, or the assimilation will only cover a certain portion of the body.

Backstory:
Levi was dealt a boring hand in life. Middle class family, well-liked parents, comfortable living conditions...yet running away at the age of 14 was, to this day, the best decision he had ever made.
The burgundy haired rebel traveled many miles to escape his previous life without complications. He knew his parents would be hurt, but they’d get over it. He never real connected with them anyways.

Many years later, nearing present day- Levi found himself to be the top thug of the lesser gangs around this vast and ever growing city. He’d raid stores, steal from homes and fight off anyone who ever tried to stop him. All of this was achieved without ever getting caught on film (most believe this is because he’s very agile and sneaky, when in reality, he has a habit of smashing phones).
Upon attaining this level of skill and confidence, Levi decided to make his way up the rungs. He searched the black market bulletin, finding some anonymous asking for quick and quiet muscle. Naturally, the matter-absorbing young man found this job perfect for his skill set, and was eager to meet with the client.

Mr. Everett Ednios- lawyer and national celebrity. He quickly rose to fame due to his unnaturally fitting power. Mr. Ednios could sense when individuals were lying, making him neigh unbeatable in a court of law.
The money-loaded lawyer was looking for some nobody criminal who’d be willing to teach his daughters ex-boyfriend a lesson. This nobody would be Levi.

Mr. Ednios made it clear to hurt the boy, so Levi settled on breaking the guy’s legs. Upon doing so, he made quick work of snapping a few photos for evidence, before heading back to report his success. This is where the story continues, with a dramatic turning point just around the corner...

Alias: Alabandus (A hero who became a god. Chosen recently to fit the role he’d found himself playing)

Alignment:
I’m honestly not certain if I’d peg him as Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil. Guess we’ll have to see.

Personality:
The young man is crude and cynical, much like a vast majority of today’s society. He’s carefree, persistent, witty and most of all- an asshole.
While Levi doesn’t go out of his way to cause problems, he doesn’t mind doing something like stealing money if he’s broke, or beating the guy who looked at him funny.
With all that said, the young Super Thug wasn’t looking to take his ‘reign of terror’ much further, only acting against societies standards when it benefited him
Flaws: In general, he’s a pretty arrogant guy. He gets caught up in the moment and loses all sense of responsibility. Furthermore, his clouded judgment has led to slow progression of his powers.

Powers:
Example: If he absorbed a wooden table, he himself would become that type of wood, attaining all of its physical attributes.
- Morphing his limbs, or potentially his whole body, into various constructs to aid him in combat.
Power Flaws: Even though his ability allows him to retain his dexterity and abilities to move normally, turning into denser materials can slow him down considerably.
On top of this, his power abides by the law of equivalent exchange. In order to convert his entire body mass into a material, said material must be in plentiful supply, or the assimilation will only cover a certain portion of the body.

Backstory:
Levi was dealt a boring hand in life. Middle class family, well-liked parents, comfortable living conditions...yet running away at the age of 14 was, to this day, the best decision he had ever made.
The burgundy haired rebel traveled many miles to escape his previous life without complications. He knew his parents would be hurt, but they’d get over it. He never real connected with them anyways.

Many years later, nearing present day- Levi found himself to be the top thug of the lesser gangs around this vast and ever growing city. He’d raid stores, steal from homes and fight off anyone who ever tried to stop him. All of this was achieved without ever getting caught on film (most believe this is because he’s very agile and sneaky, when in reality, he has a habit of smashing phones).
Upon attaining this level of skill and confidence, Levi decided to make his way up the rungs. He searched the black market bulletin, finding some anonymous asking for quick and quiet muscle. Naturally, the matter-absorbing young man found this job perfect for his skill set, and was eager to meet with the client.

Mr. Everett Ednios- lawyer and national celebrity. He quickly rose to fame due to his unnaturally fitting power. Mr. Ednios could sense when individuals were lying, making him neigh unbeatable in a court of law.
The money-loaded lawyer was looking for some nobody criminal who’d be willing to teach his daughters ex-boyfriend a lesson. This nobody would be Levi.

Mr. Ednios made it clear to hurt the boy, so Levi settled on breaking the guy’s legs. Upon doing so, he made quick work of snapping a few photos for evidence, before heading back to report his success. This is where the story continues, with a dramatic turning point just around the corner...
oh..oh wow you can absorb everything except energy/light

That's pretty cool

comic

Alignment:

Personality:

Powers:

Backstory:

Ayyy, Zander. I was wondering if we'd see you. Welcome aboard, dude.