• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

Finally back after camping. What did I miss?
- Bank broken into by rock man (Cretecon). Diet Homelander (Patriot) beats him up and is shamed by police (Yin Li) for causing too much damage. He sulks off and goes and bullies his friend old young man (Four), and he then goes off into the streets to sulk and beat up muggers.
- Despite the bank just being broken into, a dude (Henry) is trying to break into it again. Another guy (Kerco) is checking around the bank by erasing people's memories once they meet him, so I can sense a conflict brewing.
- Edgelord zombie woman (Necrodytis) is hired to go knock off tech thief paraplegic (Hidori/Techno) who is currently talking to a werewolf (Loufe and OS)
- Lucky man (Drake), electrical man who studied the sword (Shuzo), and Hell's chef (Nikolai) are moving into the docks, the first two to stop a weapon smuggling incident and the other guy to figure out what the hell is going on in the city. Possibly just to know, not so much cause he's in on it or anything.
- Lex Luthor with hair (Charles Warren) awakens the ancient girl in a crystal (Lilian) to help him with his plans to become Syndrome from the Incredibles.
Sorry if this comes off as mean I swear it's all jokes, you're all doing wonderful

Last edited:

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
- Bank broken into by rock man (Cretecon). Diet Homelander (Patriot) beats him up and is shamed by police (Yin Li) for causing too much damage. He sulks off and goes and bullies his friend old young man (Four), and he then goes off into the streets to sulk and beat up muggers.
- Despite the bank just being broken into, a dude (Henry) is trying to break into it again. Another guy (Kerco) is checking around the bank by erasing people's memories once they meet him, so I can sense a conflict brewing.
- Edgelord zombie woman (Necrodytis) is hired to go knock off tech thief paraplegic (Hidori/Techno) who is currently talking to a werewolf (Loufe and OS)
- Lucky man (Drake), electrical man who studied the sword (Shuzo), and Hell's chef (Nikolai) are moving into the docks, the first two to stop a weapon smuggling incident and the other guy to figure out what the hell is going on in the city. Possibly just to know, not so much cause he's in on it or anything.
- Lex Luthor with hair (Charles Warren) awakens the ancient girl in a crystal (Lilian) to help him with his plans to become Syndrome from the Incredibles.
Sorry if this comes off as mean I swear it's all jokes, you're all doing wonderful
i've missed you, burble.

Hell's chef (Nikolai) are moving into the docks, the first two to stop a weapon smuggling incident and the other guy to figure out what the hell is going on in the city. Possibly just to know, not so much cause he's in on it or anything.
Sounds about right to me. On another note, is this set in NYC? I could've sworn I'd seen it somewhere but if not I can go back and make edits.

comic

Sounds about right to me. On another note, is this set in NYC? I could've sworn I'd seen it somewhere but if not I can go back and make edits.
this is pretty much a future, weird mesh version of NYC.
it'll have real-world locations like the empire state building, the statue of liberty, avengers tower... scratch that last one. then it'll have plenty of originally locations, too. feel free to make your own.

Alias: Telekine-kid

Age/Gender: 19

Race: Human

Alignment: Hero

Personality: Samuel is a calm individual, usually being level headed and relaxed- even in rather stressful situations though he does have some sensitive spots. Politeness and professionalism is something Samuel greatly values, he’s efficient and charismatic during hero work and takes great pride in that.By no means is he boastful, in fact he’s rather humble though he strives for knowledge of all sorts, sometimes breaking some boundaries in an attempt to get it. Staying informed and in the known is something Samuel values a lot and he can become a fair bit frustrated should he be denied such knowledge or realise he has been denied.

Samuel is driven by doing the right thing, though since he is so young the right thing isn’t so clear to him, another thing that can frustrate him. Emotions bubble underneath his cool exterior, one that cracks more and more as time goes on.

Flaws: Samuel can be very emotional and whilst rare he becomes rather hysterical, whether he’s angry or upset. Standing up to superiors is not something he’s too good at either, often going with the flow and coming to regret it later.

Powers:

Telekinesis.

Samuel has very strong Telekinesis, being able to effortlessly hold, move or influence multiple objects at a time in different ways. He can also form a sort of energy barrier with his telekinetic powers, using it to form barriers or shields.

With his telekinesis he can enhance his body's strength, though this does take a fair amount of concentration and is typically used as a last resort or unless he really needs to.

Samuel is blind and unable to see ... in the typical way of seeing. Using his telekinesis he feels the environment around him, essentially having 360 degree vision for a large area around him. He can focus on one spot or ahead, making him excellent for scouting or precise and careful operations. This sight is limited however. He can read books by feeling the ink/print against the page but he can’t see anything on a screen. Colours cannot be seen and stuff like markings and even eyes cannot be seen. This has psychological effects on Samuel.

His Telekinesis struggles to manipulate living matter, making objects easier to move than people. He’s also extremely weak to any sort of mental attacks, his mind being like a giant exposed and sensitive muscle.

Like a muscle his telekinesis can be pushed to its limits, tired out and even broken. However like a muscle though it relaxes, heals and grows.

Backstory: Samuel does not talk about his past much but this much could be known by some of the members of the Paragons.

As a child Samuel showed great promise in becoming a hero. His powers manifested naturally when he was around the age of 10 and he immediately became infatuated by them.. He lived in a rural town, where news of his powers spread quickly and made him quite the local celebrity. He trained his powers whilst also living a normal life until the age of 14 when he was attacked by someone with a not so positive attitude about superpowers. The incident left him blind and whilst he quickly adapted to his new sight he left his family and home town far behind.

He jumped around the superhero scene, jumping from team to team as he outgrew them and shot up the ranks until he eventually landed in the Paragons.

Samuel’s family is a nuclear middle class american household. His father (Johnathan Atkins) works as a Car salesman out of town, his Mother (Abigal Atkins) works as a waitress and his sister (Amelia Atkins) is two years younger than Samuel and the only one he tries to keep in contact with anymore. His parents met locally and have a healthy relationship with each other but not their son.

They immediately disapproved of Samuel’s powers, trying to see if there was a cure and then trying to disencourage the use of his abilities. The young Samuel was confused about his parents reaction as up until that point they’d supported him in all his endeavors. In truth his parents were afraid for Samuel, but they let their fear of the new and strange consume them, just as Samuel let his thirst for it consume him. The family dynamic grew strained and Samuel found himself avoiding his family as much as he could, all except his little sister whom he was very protective of.

By the time of the accident his family was not supportive at all, saying he’d deserved it and that it was his own fault. Samuel left, abandoned his studies to join a superhero group he’d been in contact with. His family left it at that, though Samuel and his sister remained in contact

About two years into his hero career and Samuel’s life was beginning to turn around. At first he had been hesitant and reclusive, scarred physically and emotionally by the accident. But upon being surrounded by people who supported and loved him, who were just like him, it didn’t take him long to come out of his shell. The Samuel in the RP was beginning to form. A positive, righteous and calm hero who was skilled, talented and would do anything to do the right thing. He almost did something horrific however.

Samuel had ill feelings towards the people that had attacked him, school boys around his age who’d gotten off scot free. He’d never gone for revenge, forgiveness was the way of a hero but what they’d done was almost unforgivable. Samuel received news that his sister had been attacked, in a similar way to himself but thankfully without sustaining serious injury. He knew exactly who it was and in the dead of night he travelled back to his hometown, filled with rage and anger, intent on hurting the people who had dared to harm his sister. In the end he hadn’t gone through with it. His power had scared him and he realised what he should’ve been doing, visiting his sister. There are reports though, hidden deep in the town's police station, of a house glowing a vivid red one night.

After that there were no incidents in Samuel’s career, the young hero gaining popularity and climbing through the ranks of the hero scene, soon reaching the paragons but remaining as humble and friendly as ever.

Edit 1: I will try and expand upon the bio xD

Last edited:

comic

Surprise ;p Is there still room?

Alias: Telekine-kid
Age/Gender: 19
Alignment: Hero

Personality: Samuel is a calm individual, usually being level headed and relaxed- even in rather stressful situations though he does have some sensitive spots. Politeness and professionalism is something Samuel greatly values, he’s efficient and charismatic during hero work and takes great pride in that.By no means is he boastful, in fact he’s rather humble though he strives for knowledge of all sorts, sometimes breaking some boundaries in an attempt to get it. Staying informed and in the known is something Samuel values a lot and he can become a fair bit frustrated should he be denied such knowledge or realise he has been denied.

Samuel is driven by doing the right thing, though since he is so young the right thing isn’t so clear to him, another thing that can frustrate him. Emotions bubble underneath his cool exterior, one that cracks more and more as time goes on.

Flaws: Samuel can be very emotional and whilst rare he becomes rather hysterical, whether he’s angry or upset. Standing up to superiors is not something he’s too good at either, often going with the flow and coming to regret it later.

Powers:
Telekinesis.
Samuel has very strong Telekinesis, being able to effortlessly hold, move or influence multiple objects at a time in different ways. He can also form a sort of energy barrier with his telekinetic powers, using it to form barriers or shields.
With his telekinesis he can enhance his bodies strength, though this does take a fair amount of concentration and is typically used as a last resort or unless he really needs too.
Samuel is blind and unable to see ... in the typical way of seeing. Using his telekinesis he feels the environment around him, essentially having 360 degree vision for a large area around him. He can focus on one spot or ahead, making him excellent for scouting or precise and careful operations. This sight is limited however. He can read books by feeling the ink/print against the page but he can’t see anything on a screen. Colours cannot be seen and stuff like markings and even eyes cannot be seen. This has psychological affects on Samuel.

His Telekinesis struggles to manipulate living matter, making objects easier to move than people. He’s also extremely weak to any sort of mental attacks, his mind being like a giant exposed and sensitive muscle.
Like a muscle his telekinesis can be pushed to its limits, tired out and even broken. Like a muscle though it relaxes and grows.

Backstory: Samuel does not talk about his past much but this much could be known by some of the members of Paragon.

As a child Samuel showed great promise in becoming a hero. His powers manifesting naturally when he was around the age 10. He lived in a rural town, making him quite the local celebrity with almost everyone. He trained his powers whilst also living a normal life until the age of 14 when he was attacked by someone with a not so positive attitude about superpowers. The incident left him blind and whilst he quickly adapted to his new sight he left his family and home town far behind.

He jumped around the superhero scene, jumping from team to team as he outgrew them and shot up the ranks until he eventually launder in the Paragons.

Edit 1: I will try and expand upon the bio xD
there's always room for new peeps. welcome aboard, ye scalawag.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
I dont know what will happen, but I'm fine with Lilian changing hands in some way or another, and I dont really know much about Four, but I could be delightful

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Real Name: Hansen Dokron (Though people dont really use/know his first name)
Alias: Doctor Chrome
Age/Gender: 48/Male
Alignment: NE
Personality: Can I just reveal that in the RP again?
Flaws: Hes not very subtle, when he does something bad/illegal, the public/superheros will most likely know
Powers: He has no powers, but he is a scientist, with his specialties in superpowers and magic. He has found out how to extract what he calls 'super essence' out of superhumans, he has invented many things with this essence. (Do I need to list the inventions?)
Backstory: Hansen was a normal person, bound for greatness, when he stumbled across a cage, containing many notes about the essance of the unnatural, many though he was crazy for a long time for his calculations in this 'useless' area. Though in this new age of superheros, he has amassed a group of people to complete his goals with his knowledge behind them.

I wanted to make a main villain

comic

Real Name: Hansen Dokron (Though people dont really use/know his first name)
Alias: Doctor Chrome
Age/Gender: 48/Male
Alignment: NE
Personality: Can I just reveal that in the RP again?
Flaws: Hes not very subtle, when he does something bad/illegal, the public/superheros will most likely know
Powers: He has no powers, but he is a scientist, with his specialties in superpowers and magic. He has found out how to extract what he calls 'super essence' out of superhumans, he has invented many things with this essence. (Do I need to list the inventions?)
Backstory: Hansen was a normal person, bound for greatness, when he stumbled across a cage, containing many notes about the essance of the unnatural, many though he was crazy for a long time for his calculations in this 'useless' area. Though in this new age of superheros, he has amassed a group of people to complete his goals with his knowledge behind them.

I wanted to make a main villain
LOL
you literally stole the whole premise to Charles' character. not that you knew, so it wasn't stealing. i was gonna have Chuck isolate the genome that grants superhuman abilities, and work on a way to extract this ability and make his own.
buuuuuut... he *is* a scientist, and i imagine Chrome and Charles could actually be allies.

Alias: Phoenix
Age/Gender: 18/Male.
Race: Human.
Alignment: He's chaotic neutral, he goes his own path with small crimes here and there. Maybe cause a small explosion to get away. But he wouldn't hurt anyone willingly (accidentally if the human is too close to the explosion and he doesn't notice).
Personality: He wouldn't skip an opportunity to have some fun, unless there's an emergency. He cares a lot for his sister who have a deadly disease. He feels a little betrayed of the Paragons because they claim to be good but they can't help his sister.
Appearance: He dress in a purple hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath and jeans. He has the body of a swimmer and have spiderbites on the left side of his lip. He also have an earring in his left ear and he's 6'1. When using his powers he puts on a homemade costume made out of a blue hoodie, black sweatpants and a motorcycle helmet.
Flaws: His power works best during the day, especially when there's no clouds, because of the heat in the air. During night he can still use it, but only to heat up his body and light candles.
Powers: Pyrokinesis (and resistant but not immune to fire).
Backstory: He came from Sweden to America when he was 13 years old because his dad got a job there. His sister, Alice, developed cancer which only began to show a year after they had moved. After that, Isak's family began to look out more for Alice than him. That made him jealous of the special treatment, but he didn't say anything about it because he knew his sister needed it. She was the sick one, not him. He obviously cared for his sister and would do anything for her, but his parents wouldn't allow him to do much. So he decided to take out his worry, disappointment and anger somewhere else. And that's how he began struggling in school, and began shoplifting. At first he only covered his face with the hood on his hoodie when he began shoplifting, and he had made some friends to cover up for him as well. And that's where he is now.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Alias: Thanatos
Age/Gender: 17/Male
Alignment: Pure Evil (can change if someone saves him)
Personality: He kills/torture for fun.. But he does have feelings. He likes the people closest to him otherwise he doesn't care about you.
Flaws: Much more powerful during the night but is still able to use his powers during the day, just not as powerful. He can also not mend in to the shadows during the day
Powers: Shadow Control (can make shadow weaopns. Such as bows, swords, spears and shield.) He can also mend himself in to the shadows. ((he does not have a shadow behind him when he is out, that's how you would recognize him if you saw him on the streets.))
Backstory: When he was young he was you're regular kid with powers but that changed when he got kidnapped. His kidnapper destroyed his mind and tried to push all feeling he had out.. He almost succeeded with it but Hayashi managed to get away. But he was gone.. not feeling anything for killing people or anything except for fun and power. But he still has some emotions.. if you get close to him. He is still that little kid somewhere in that destroyed mind of his.

I hope this is fine :))