• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Namia Region: A Fan-Made Region Roleplay

Author's Note(Please Read)
Alright, So I decided to make another roleplay! This one is yet another roleplay common on here, but I gave my spin on it. I decided this particular roleplay will not have a limited amount of 10 members but have 21 members (Including myself, so twenty spots) for all the starters. So there is no rush to try and join this roleplay. I have some spots left in my other roleplay. The Link is at the bottom of the Author's Notes. I hope you enjoy my take on the new Region Roleplay! And Welcome to the Namia Region!

~@GlaceonFan425

My Other Roleplay:

https://pokecharms.com/threads/miss-glaceons-academy-for-talented-young-pokemon.17841

What this Roleplay is about(Please Read)

This roleplay is about my fan-made region called Namia region. The Namia region is quite similar to the Sinnoh Region, with not a lot of bodies of water or water routes. But there is some oceans in the Namia Region. Namia is a peaceful, happy region filled with all of the regions other Pokemon. Why is this so? Well the Namia region was originally uninhabited but travelers discovered the region and brought the Pokemon from their region to their own. Pokemon from all regions live on the island, but Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon are the most common.

I have not drawn a map of what the region looks like but I may later.

The basic plot of the roleplay is that you are a new trainer that has moved to this region. Or you are a trainer that has been on the island awhile or has lived on it all their lives.You will start your Pokemon Journey in the lovely Amber Town where you will be given your starter Pokemon of choice by Professor Cherry, a young, spastic, female professor who often losing things....

I am not sure if this roleplay will have a evil team or not. I have a few ideas, but I am not sure if I should do one. I will just have to see.

You will earn badges, fight many hard battles, make great memories, and might even become the Pokemon Champion of the Namia Region!

So with that all being said, Welcome all to the wonderful world of the Namia Region!

Rules(Please Read)
  • No Bullying, and/or Rude Behavior. You will be reported if you do any and/or all of these things.
  • I understand cursing is a way of expression but please, keep it minimum or none at all. I personally do not, but I understand some people do.
  • Romance is fine, but keep it PG
  • Two Characters Per Roleplayer, One Trainer and up to one Gym Leader out of the ones I have made.
  • You may start with up to two Pokemon. One being the starter you will receive from Professor Cherry and one you already have.
  • The Pokemon you already have must be pre-evolved. No Pokemon like Heatmor or Durant are allowed either.
  • One Shiny Pokemon Per Roleplayer (No Double Shinies) but I would prefer none at all.
  • Fakemon are allowed, but not as your starter. You may use one of the real starters from any region.
  • Have Fun!
[/SPOILER]

Starter Pokemon Available :

Gen 1:

Charmander-Fire: @WolfyWolf
Bulbasaur-Grass/Poison: @CosmicDreams
Squirtle-Water:

Gen 2:

Cyndaquil-Fire: @Aquaman
Chikorita-Grass(Needs More Love):
Totadile-Water: @GlaceonFan425

Gen 3:

Torchic-Fire:
Treecko-Grass:
Mudkip-Water:

Gen 4: (My Favorite!)

Chimchar-Fire: @Glaceon trainer
Turtwig-Grass:
Piplup-Water:

Gen 5:
Tepig-Fire:
Snivy-Grass:
Oshawott-Water: @Sukoku

Gen6:

Fennekin-Fire:
Chespin-Grass:
Froakie-Water:

Gen 7:

Litten-Fire:
Rowlet-Grass:
Popplio-Water(Also Needs Love): @SylvieThePokemonTrainer

Yes, Pikachu was the starter in Pokemon Yellow, but I have decided not to use Pikachu and use only the Fire, Grass, and Water Starters

Namia's Gym Leaders
You may Roleplay as one of these gym leaders but personally message me before you make a bio of one.

1st Gym

Gym Leader Info:
Name: Pidge

Personality:
(Will Reveal Later)

Backstory:
(Will Reveal Later)

Gym Info:
Gym Name:Soaring Gym

Gym Location:Aventurine City

Gym Type:Flying

Gym Number:1st

Gym Badge: Heartsoar Badge

TM Given:Aerial Ace

Other:
Pidge has a major crush on Brooke, the Gym Leader from Aquamarine City (7th Gym)

Pidge's Pokemon:

Pokemon 1:

Species:Pidgey

Type:Normal/Flying

Item:None

Ability:Keen Eye

Moves:
Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Tackle

Pokemon 2:

Species:Staravia

Type:Normal/Flying

Ability:Intimidate

Moves:
Growl, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Double Team

2nd Gym

Gym Leader's Info:
Name: Kinsley

Personality:
(Will Reveal later)

Backstory:
(Will Reveal Later)

Gym Info:
Gym Name: Ironridge Gym

Gym Location: Quartz City

Gym Type:Steel

Gym Number:2nd

Gym Badge: Irongate Badge

TM Given:Steel Wing

Other:
Kinsley has been happily married to Kiara, the Gym Leader of Alexandrite City for two years.

Kinsley's Pokemon:

Pokemon 1:
Species:Skarmory

Type:Steel/Flying

Ability:Sturdy

Moves:
Steel Wing, Air Cutter, Sand Attack, Feint

Species: Scizor

Type:Bug/Steel

Ability: Technician

Moves:
Steel Wing, Bullet Punch, Agility, Pursuit

3rd Gym

Gym Leader Info:
Name: Mason

Personality:
(Will Reveal Later)

Backstory:
(Will Reveal Later)

Other:
Mason has a female Crobat named Maggie he is very close to. He doesn't use her in battle, but she is often seen perched on his shoulder.

Gym Info:
Gym Name: Turf Gym

Gym Location:Sandstone City

Gym Type:Ground

Gym Number:3rd

Gym Badge: Landscape Badge

TM Given:Bulldoze

Mason's Pokemon

Pokemon 1:
Species:Gabite

Type:Dragon/Ground

Ability:Sand Veil

Moves:

Dragon Claw, Bulldoze, Slash, Sand Tomb

Pokemon 2:
Species:Gligar

Type: Ground/Flying

Ability:Hyper Cutter

Moves:

Bulldoze, U-Turn, Acrobatics, Knock Off

Pokemon 3:
Species: Exacdrill

Type: Ground/Steel

Item: None

Ability:Sand Rush

Moves:
Horn Claws, Metal Claw, Bulldoze, Rock Slide

4th Gym

Gym Leader Info:
Name: Strider

Personality:
(Will Reveal Later)

Backstory:
(Will Reveal Later)

Other:
Jamie is Strider's real name, but they don't really like it so they use the allis, Strider.

Gym Info
Gym Name:

Gym Location:Sunstone City

Gym Type:Electric

Gym Number:4th

Gym Badge: Volume Badge

TM Given:Volt Switch

Strider's Pokemon:

Pokemon 1:
Species:Ampharos

Type:Electric

Ability:Static

Moves:

Electro Ball, Power Gem, Confuse Ray, Volt Switch

Pokemon 2:
Species:Rotom

Type:Electric/Water

Ability:Levitate

Moves:
Ominous Winds, Volt Switch, Confuse Ray, Hydro Pump

Pokemon 3:
Species: Alolan Raichu

Type:

Ability:Surge Surfer

Moves:
Volt Switch, Nasty Plot, Psychic, Nuzzle

5th Gym

Name:Lincoln

Personality:
(I will reveal this later)

Backstory:
(I will reveal this later)

Other:
Lincoln is the 16th president of Namia's Trading Company.

Gym Name: Shadewood Gym

Gym Location:Emerald City

Gym Type:Grass

Gym Number:5th

Gym Badge: Forest Badge

TM Given:Energy Ball

Lincoln's Pokemon:

Pokemon 1:
Species:Whimiscott

Type:Grass/Fairy

Ability:Prankster

Moves:
Energy Ball, Tailwind, Leech Seed, Hurricane

Species:Ludicolo

Type:Water/Grass

Ability:Swift Swim

Moves:

Energy Ball, Hydro Pump,Water Sport, Knock Off

Pokemon 3:
Species:Tangrowth

Typing:Grass

Ability:Chlorophyl

Moves:
Energy Ball, Ancient Power, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain

6th Gym

Gym Leader Info:
Name:Kiara

Personality:
(Will Reveal Later)

Backstory:
(Will Reveal Later)

Other:

Gym Info:

Gym Name: Searheart Castle

Gym Location:Alexandrite City

Gym Type:Fire

Gym Number:6th

Gym Badge: Sears Badge (No, not the store.)

TM Given:Flamethrower

Kiara's Pokemon:

Pokemon 1:
Species:Houndoom

Type: Dark/Fire

Ability:Early Bird

Moves:

Foul Play, Flamethrower, Embargo, Thunder Fang

Pokemon 2:
Species:Arcanine

Type:Fire

Ability:Intimidate

Moves:
Flamethrower, Crunch, Extreme Speed, Reversal

Pokemon 3:
Species:Chandelure

Type: Ghost/Fire

Ability:Flame Body

Moves:
Hex, Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Fire Spin

Pokemon 4:
Species:Camerupt

Type
: Fire/Ground

Ability:Solid Rock

Moves:
Earth Power, Flamethrower, Yawn, Rock Slide

7th Gym

Gym Leader Info:
Name:Brooke

Gender: Gender Fluid (Goes By She/Her, He/Him, or They/Them)

Personality:
(Will Reveal Later)

Backstory:
(Will Reveal Later)

Other:
Despite her love for the ocean, Brooke is not a very strong swimmer, something they are too afraid to admit. The only one who knows is Pidge.

Gym Info:

Gym Name: Oceanside Gym

Gym Location:Aquamarine City

Gym Type:Water

Gym Number: 7th

Gym Badge: Current Badge

TM Given:Rain Dance

Brooke's Pokemon:

Pokemon 1:
Species:Pelipper

Type:Water/Flying

Ability:Swift Swim

Moves:
Hydro Pump, Hurricane, Roost, Rain Dance

Pokemon 2:
Species:Kingdra

Type: Water/Dragon

Ability: Swift Swim

Moves:
Rain Dance, Focus Energy, Brine, Dragon Pulse

Pokemon 3:
Species:

Type:Water/Ghost

Ability: Water Absorb

Moves:
Night Shade, Hydro Pump, Recover, Rain Dance

Pokemon 4:
Species:Milotic

Type
: Male

Ability:Marvel Scale

Moves:
Dragon Tail, Hydro Pump, Rain Dance, Coil

8th Gym

Gym Leader Info:
Name:Nova

Personality:
(Will Reveal Later)

Backstory:
(Will Reveal Later)

Other:
Nova originally wanted to use psychic Pokemon but decided on ghost instead when he met his partner, Robin the Decidueye for the first time.

Gym Info:

Gym Name: Shadewood Gym

Gym Location:Moonstone City

Gym Type:Ghost

Gym Number:8th

Gym Badge: Specter Badge

TM Given:Shadow Ball

Kiara's Pokemon:

Pokemon 1:
Species:Sableye

Type: Dark/Ghost

Ability:Prankster (Hidden Ability)

Moves:
Shadow Ball, Knock Off, Confuse Ray, Mean Look

Pokemon 2:
Species:Mismagius

Type:Ghost

Ability:Levitate

Moves:
Shadow Ball, Mystical Fire, Pain Split, Power Gem

Pokemon 3:
Species:Froslass

Type:Ice/Ghost

Ability:Snow Cloak

Moves:
Shadow Ball, Hail, Blizzard, Draining Kiss

Pokemon 4:
Species:Palossand

Type
: Ghost/Ground

Ability:Water Compact

Moves:
Earth Power, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Shores Up

Cities and Towns:
The Town and Cities names are names of Gemstones such as Pearl. When I refer to Ruby or Sapphire, I am referring to the cities I made, not the games.
(Italics indicate places with gyms)
  • Beryl Town
  • Tanzanite City (Pidge, 1st gym)
  • Pearl Town
  • Quartz City (Kinsley, 2nd Gym)
  • Sandstone City (Mason, 3rd Gym)
  • Opal Town
  • Sunstone City (Strider, 4th Gym)
  • Aventurine City (Lincoln, 5th Gym)
  • Topaz Town
  • Alexandrite City (Kiara, 6th Gym)
  • Aquamarine City (Brook, 7th Gym)
  • Amber Town
  • Moonstone City (Nova, 8th Gym)

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories:
Personality:
Region of Origin: (Hoenn, Kanto, All that good stuff)
Backstory: (You can reveal this later, but this part is not optional. At least a few sentences)
Partner ((Just put your partner's name, You don't need if your character is a gym leader)
Other:

Starter Pokemon
Species:
Nickname: (Optional)
Type:
Appearance:
Personality: (To be done later)
Moves:

Other Pokemon
Species:
Type:
Appearance:
Personality: (A brief one is fine)
Moves:

Name: Caroline "Cas" Cherry

Trainer/Gym Leader:Trainer

Appearance:
Cas is quite sensitive about her height, being only around 5'4. And her weight is quite average for her size, but will not be reveal since she is a lady. Her skin, unlike her sisters is a pretty tan, cream color.
Her light brown hair is worn in a loose, side braid down her right shoulder. Her eyes are a light, sky blue, the color she get's from her mother. Cas looks just like her mother.

Clothing:
Cas's outfit can be described as sporty, yet comfortable. Her top is a simple baseball styled t-shirt with dark, navy blue sleeves. On the front of it is a picture of Totodile, her favorite starter. Her bottoms are loose, blue jeans that have a few tears in them from overuse and time. Her shoes are simple, Converse styled black tennis shoes with simple, plain white socks that are hidden underneath her jeans.

Accessories:
Cas doesn't wear and jewelry or glasses. She does however has a sky blue shoulder bag that matches her eyes. On the front of that bag is a standard Pokeball. Inside her bag she has a few potions, her Pokeball for her Growlithe, and a book of the Pokemon Types and their advantages and weaknesses.

Personality:
Cas is a extremely outgoing soul who isn't afraid to say what's on her mind. Despite this, Cas is quite friendly towards other people, a trait she shares with her sister. But what she doesn't share her sister is that while Cas is hardworking and tries to be active, Gwyn can be lazy and hates physical activity. Cas's hardworking attitude helps her sister to not become a total shut-in. But Cas does have some flaws. Cas is very hard-headed and it takes a lot to change her mind about something. Like her sister, Cas can be some what forgetful at times, especially when battling other trainers. Cas can also be prideful and overconfident at times, overestimating her pokemon. This leads her to lose a lot of battles. Despite these things,Cas is a confident person who tries her hardest at everything she does. Even if that means cleaning her sister's lab for the 1000th time.

Region of Origin:Namia, But born in Johto.

Backstory:
Cas is the younger sister of Professor Cherry, the Namia's Region Professor. Namia was born in the Johto Region but when her father got a job to be the region's professor in the Namia Region, the family moved. Cas has spent her entire life in the Namia Region and knows nothing more. Though Namia is filled with all different species from various regions, Cas has always had a soft spot for Johto Pokemon.

Cas had a typical Namian childhood. Play with wild pokemon, that were not poisonous or ghost Pokemon. Learn about the different types of Pokemon, and adventure out and explore what the children though were undiscovered places. But tragedy struck when Cas was 4 years old.Her parents were on their anniversary cruise ship having a wonderful time. Cas and her older sister were staying at a friend's house. When a huge storm sunk the ship. The strange part is, they never found Cas's parent's bodies so Cas still believes they are out there. Since Cas's father died, Cas's sister, Genevieve or Gwyn decided to become the region's Pokemon professor.

Currently, Cas is waiting patiently to become a pokemon trainer, explore the island, and find her lost parents.

Partner: (You may journey with other roleplayers or go alone, it's up to you)

Other:

Starter Pokemon

Species:Totodile

Nickname: Delta

Ability:Sheer Force (Hidden Ability)

Type:Water

Appearance:
Delta is a normal Totodile in his appearance. He is not a shiny Totodile.

Personality: N/A (Will Reveal after the roleplay starts)

Moves:
Scratch, Leer

Other Pokemon
Species: Growlithe

Nickname: Blitz

Ability: Intimidate

Type:Fire

Appearance:
Blitz appears to be a normal Growlithe.(Almost put Arcanine) Blitz is not a shiny Pokemon and has the normal colors of a Growlithe. Around Blitz's Neck is a red bandanna given to her by Cas.

Personality:
(I will reveal it later)

Nature:
Calm(+Special Defense -Attack)
Moves:
Ember, Leer, Bite, Oder Sleuth

Name: Genevieve "Gwyn" Cherry

Trainer/Gym Leader: Professor

Appearance:
Unlike her sister, Gwyn is actually quite tall for a lady, being around 6'3. Her huge height come from her massive father. She is also relatively skinny, and she refuses to tell her weight. Her skin is a pale white color, and tans well when in the sun a lot. But sadly, she spends most of her time cooped up doing research, since she isn't the biggest fan of nature. Her hair is light brown like Cas's and is worn in a messy bun. Her eyes are a bright, hazel mix of green and blue with hints of brown. She does have some freckles under her eyes and around her nose, unlike Cas.

Clothing:
Gwyn is not the most fashionable person so her clothes are no where near fancy. It consists of a pure white lab coat, since she is a professor. Underneath she wears a simple grey sweater top that is sleeveless. Underneath that is she doesn't accidentally leave her pajama pants on is simple black, dress pants. And her shoes are simple, black flats. She typically doesn't wear any accessories but occasionally has a pair of safely googles around her neck..

Personality:
Most, if not all of the Pokemon professors have been professional, well kept, and hardworking. Gwyn is quite different. It might be because she started being a Pokemon Professor when she was 15. Gwyn is extremely friendly, and enjoys talking to people. You wouldn't think that coming from someone who could live in their lab. Her energy is hard to control and it's hard for her to sit still and do one thing for very long. Gwyn is also very quirky and doesn't seem professional, but she at least tries to be someone what professional. Another key thing about Gwyn is that she is quite messy. Her lab is filled with papers various Pokemon, and probably some half-eaten fast food from three weeks earlier. She tries her hardest to stay organized, but she ends up failing. The last thing about Gwyn is that she is extremely passionate about her job and helping others. She will quit whatever she is doing to help someone on the spot.

Region of Origin: Johto

Backstory:
(I will write her's later, but Cas's backstory is quite similar to Professor Cherry's.

Other:N/A

Her Pokemon
Species: Burglacatt

Nickname: Bellatrix

Ability:prankster

Type: Dark/Fairy

Appearance:
Burglacatt is based of the Siamese Cat and has similar coloring to one. But it's a tad bit larger than a normal Siamese Cat. But there are some keys differences. Burglacatt has brown eyes instead of blue unlike a typical Siamese. Around Burglacatt's neck is black fur that looks similar to a collar, and on Burglacatt's chest, there is a black pawprint made of fur.

Personality:
True to her breed, Bellatrix is a thief. She enjoys stealing things like jewelry, shiny stones, and her favorite, pencils. But Bellatrix is never caught, because she is the master of the cute and sweet act. But Bellatrix can be sweet, especially to Gwyn and Cas. She doesn't mind strangers and will often rub against and hope she is pet. But she doesn't particularly like older men, often hissing at them. She does this because she is protective of Gwyn and Cas, like most Burglacatts are of their owners.

Nature: Modest (+Special Attack, -Attack)

Moves:
Dark Pulse(TM Move), Draining Kiss, Confuse Ray(Egg Move) , Encore

More on Burglacatt:

https://pokecharms.com/works/fakemon-burglacatt.41489/

Last edited:
Name: Halt
Trainer/Gym Leader: trainer
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories: A white undershirt with a blue jacket. He wears animator glasses.
Personality: very rough and tough. Even in great pain, he would not show it easily. It's hard to earn his trust.
Region of Origin: (Hoenn, Kanto, All that good stuff) Sinnoh
Backstory: (You can reveal this later, but this part is not optional. At least a few sentences)
Brother to Candice, the ice gym leader. He left because he knows Sinnoh all to well.
Partner ((Just put your partner's name, You don't need if your character is a gym leader) Chimchar
Other:

Starter Pokemon
Species: Chimchar
Ability: Iron fist
Type: Fire
Appearance: a normal chimchar
Moves: fire punch, thunder punch, growl, scratch.

Accepted! Sorry, I was doing some math homework.
By the way, your partner is another roleplayer. Just saying. If you like to be by yourself, I totally understand, please message me or write a response here.
:)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Nick Light
Trainer/Gym Leader: Trainer
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories: Slightly tannish skin; Yellow eyes; Combed light brown hair; 5'1"; Green vest with white sleeves; black jeans;
Personality: Nick is a kind, polite gentleman. He's intelligent and modest. Nick strongly detests criminals and overall negative feelings. He's usually calm.
Region of Origin: (Hoenn, Kanto, All that good stuff) Hoenn
Backstory: (You can reveal this later, but this part is not optional. At least a few sentences) Nick was born from an average family. He is also an only child. He developed his love for knowledge when he was a relatively young age and cared about Pokémon for as long as he remembers. He graduated the Trainer School in Rustboro City around the same time his father started working for Devon. His hometown is Rustboro City as well. Now his parents decided he was old enough to begin a journey.
Partner: ((Just put your partner's name, You don't need if your character is a gym leader)Solo please
Other:Likes to draw and take notes; aiming to become a pokemon professor after finishing his journey; currently wants to do the league; bulbasaur needs more love too ya know

Starter Pokemon
Species: Bulbasaur
Nickname: (Optional)Asparagus
Ability: Chlorophyll
Type: Grass- Poison
Appearance: Looks like a regular bulbasaur
Moves: Solar Beam (if we can have two punches while starting off might as well) Sunny day Tackle Giga Drain (same thing with solar beam)

Other Pokemon
Species: Bagon
Nickname: (Optional) Bacon
Ability: Sheer Force
Type: Dragon
Appearance: Normal Bagon
Personality: (A brief one is fine) Nick got him from Professor Birch as a birthday present. The bagon is normally kind and friendly but is protective of Nick.
Moves: Bite; Dragon Breath; Headbutt; Ember

Last edited:
Name: Sam Wataru
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories: Sam has short bright red hair with soft Amber eyes. He wears black framed glasses and normally any form of black clothes - usually a tshirt, skinny jeans, and black and red gloves. He also has a silver chain around his next with a dog tag that has the Japanese symbol of prosperity.
Personality: He is relatively quiet and he doesn't actually like to talk much. Sam is reserved, but he also is ambitious wanting to make a name for himself like is brother. He is sensitive aside from his solid looking personality on the outside, he can become overly protective and melodramatic, but he is also a soft person and will do literally anything for his friends.
Region of Origin: Johto
Backstory: **will be revealed later** however he is Lance's unknown little brother, so Sam is determined to do better than his brother. He has a secret passion for Pokémon showcases
Partner: Gible (it was given to him on a trip to Kalos)
Other: shiny - he is a dragon type person so I would prefer to have a dragon type as a partner o:

Starter
Species: Gible
Nickname: Toothless
Ability: Sand Veil
Type: Dragon/Ground
Appearance: Normal Gible
Personality: Rash
Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Dragon Rage, Sandstorm

Last edited:
@Aquaman, No the pokemon has to be pre-evolved such as Ralts or Growlithe for Example
@CosmicDreams Sure thing! I don't mind. I might get rid of partners, if everyone wants to be alone. i just though it would make it easier :) You are accepted!
@BeeCat2309 You may have a dragon partner, but you must also have a starter Pokemon as well :)
Please complete that part of the bio and you are accepted!
@Glaceon trainer, No Another Roleplayer is your partner, not a Pokemon partner. And, I might get rid of it. It's seems that people prefer not having partners, I just made that to be easier.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OH lol I thought the partner was a pokemon and somebody else was rping as it. Also i think we should choose whether or not we have a partner

@Glaceon trainer Sorry, I am not allowing a fully evolved Pokemon. It's a bit hard to be a beginning trainer with a fully evolved Pokemon.

@BeeCat2309 Basically, You may have one, pre-evolved Pokemon (Ralts, Salandit, Vulpix, Axew Etc) and one starter Pokemon such as Torchic, Rowlet, Froakie, etc.

Name: Sylvie
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories: Sylvie's appearance is basically my profile picture. (Minus the cat ears and the anime-ness and kawaii-ness XD) Sylvie wears a sky blue shirt, and when it gets cold she wears a pink cloak-like coat. She wears navy blue jogging bottoms and black trainers/sneakers as well as a sky blue scarf around her neck. She has a Snorlax backpack and wears earrings with reddish-pinkish flowers on them.
Personality: Sylvie is quite shy when talking to new people, but when she gets to know you she will be funny, confident and sociable. She is quite quirky and creative, often tries to come up with original strategies in battling, although when she is angered she is different - she will be sarcastic and cold, coming up with witty, mean remarks if you insult her.
Region of Origin: Kalos
Backstory: Sylvie grew up in Kalos, dreaming of becoming a Pokemon trainer since she was very young. She'd often play with her Pokemon toys and dolls at home, making up her own journey as a Pokemon trainer, or would be drawing comics to also show this. She was very interested in and excited when her mum or dad would bring home Pokemon, as her mum was a Groomer and her dad was a researcher. She had two older brothers who were Pokemon Trainers, and when they would visit they would both show off their Pokemon, Sylvie becoming very excited about seeing these fascinating creatures and becoming more hyped and impatient to begin a journey of her own.
Partner: Solo
Other: N/A

Starter Pokemon
Species: Popplio
Nickname: Poppy
Ability: Liquid Voice
Type: Water
Appearance: Poppy is a normal Popplio except she has a pink bandana around her neck, a gift Sylvie gave her
Personality: To be done later
Moves: Pound, Water Gun

Other Pokemon
Species: N/A
Nickname: N/A
Ability: N/A
Type: N/A
Appearance: N/A
Personality: N/A
Moves: N/A

Just as an additional note, I would like to reserve Cyndaquil for the RP since I am currently at the doc's and I won't exactly be able to finish my bio at the moment.

Also, am I allowed to use my fan made variations of canon/official Pokémon? (I'll get into this a bit later since time isn't exactly on my side right now...)

That'll be more easier done than said since I have plenty of information on these lovely fan made Pokémon and variations of mine. :3

*??? uses Neutrino Blast on some various target dummies, as the damage counter is tallied up to 1,928 damage with 4x weakness*

That was the plan. I wanted to show that Halt was a more solidarity person, not wanting to take handouts. That's why he caught his own pokemon. Also, whats the egg move rule?

*a turtle-like Pokémon can be seen using Forsaken Hex on a target dummy and Osseinotherapy on himself*

I'm still working on my Fakemon I'm likely using since I can be quite indecisive at times, and he's a lovely Ghost/Psychic. (The main thing that I'm working on is trying to balance out his moves and abilities since one move has the ability to essentially cripple a Pokémon while his ability enables him to gain evasion and in turn use that to gradually regenerate his health to 2x the damage the enemy's attack would have caused.)

@Glaceon trainer Egg Moves are fine, but you cannot use all egg moves or moves that cannot be learned by the Pokemon, if they are not either level up moves or egg moves like a Pikipek learning Volt Tackle for example.
@Aquaman Take your time! It doesn't matter to me when you join. And a Ghost/Psychic Pokemon sounds cool :)

Name: Roslyn Reach
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories: tall and skinny, long brown hair in a ponytail, and brown eyes. Black soldier cap, dark jeans, violet shirt and grey sweatshirt. She has a Rowlett purse.
Personality: gernerally kind and nice. She usually acts pretty happy and spastic. She doesn't have much patience for bull though. She says things that could be seen as mean, but she's just teasing and usually makes it obvious.
Region of Origin: Unova
Backstory: Nobody special, she comes from Icirrus city hoping to fill the empty pit in her soul by going on an adventure.
Partner: none
Other:

Starter Pokemon
Species:Charmander
Nickname: Charlie
Ability: Blaze
Type: Fire
Appearance: Charmander
Moves: Scratch, growl

(I normally wouldn't do a fakemon, but I have one I've been wanting to use and this is the first rp ive wanted to join that allows them)
Other Pokemon
Species: Eyeriss
Nickname: Sam
Ability: Gooey
Type: Psychic Poison
Appearance: a floating green eyeball with a blue iris and a tail. It floats and is gooey to the touch. About the size of a cantelope with a tail.
Personality: quiet and loyal. Not much personality yet.
Moves: Confusion, Psywave, Gravity

Name: Euclides Levi (My actual name :p)
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories:
0573355c-4f98-4b32-b5a5-8b337bed1609.jpg

(Boy on your right.)
Personality: I don't know how to explain my own personality, you will know it better when the story unfolds XD
Region of Origin: (Hoenn, Kanto, All that good stuff) Unova (Closest to Brazil :p)
Backstory: (You can reveal this later, but this part is not optional. At least a few sentences) Euclides born in Castelia City, and after getting his first Pokémon, he finally got the permission from his parents to travel to another region! He chose Namia, and now he is there! Living his life and being himself around!
Partner ((Just put your partner's name, You don't need if your character is a gym leader): Mark :p (The boy on your left of the same photo above.)
Other:

Starter Pokemon
Species: Oshawott
Nickname: (Optional): Potter :3
Ability: Torrent
Type: Water
Appearance: It's a common Oshawott, the only thing that is different about him is the fact that his tail is a bit longer than usual
Moves: Water Gun, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Fury Cutter

(He has no other Pokémon :p)

*casually shoves in some information* (Please note that the bios may be modified especially for the Fakemon of mine since there's quite a bit of information on them. Also have decided to change it's hidden ability since it's almost the same as one of my other Fakemon's and it's a bit overpowering when it stacks...)

Trainer Information:
Name:
Her name is Sali Domata.
Trainer/Gym Leader: She is a trainer.
Region of Origin: She is from the region of Camtonia, a region based off of Cambodia.
Physical Appearance: Standing at a short height of four feet and ten inches, her light body has a skinny build. She has sky blue eyes, and some small freckles on her nose. Her modest hair is faintly white, while her skin is very pale in tone due to a rare genetic condition she has.
Clothing: She wears a gray beanie, a black turtleneck shirt, pale gray skorts and has on dark black leather boots. Her shirt has a picture of her Tortostó's emblem on the left breast side, which is composed of a pale yellow orb surrounded by a black, circular layering and a whitish, encircling edge. The shirt also has a chest area that reveals a sling upon unfolding the semi-layered section, as it can carry small Pokémon in a comfortable and surely secure hands-free manner.
Personality: Sali is quiet when it comes to being in a typical, social environment, as she often attempts to avoid encounters with strangers to keep her secret. She is compassionate and a great listener, though her genial manners can sometimes get in the way of her Pokémon since she often spoils them. Her habits can be seen to most as being quirky from what some stated earlier, as she can most likely be seen alone communicating with unknown spirits and the dead; or at least she attempts to do so when in solitude.
Backstory: Sali is the youngest sister in the family of Domata, a rich family that soon met its terrors when the raging wars struck. When she was roughly twelve years old and hiding away with her mother in the brutal times of Camtonia, her father was killed in the war that went on between Camtonia and Vietbac. In remembrance of her deceased father, she decided to follow her father's footsteps into the field of forensics. She decided to bring the Tortostó she stumbled upon days after finding out about her father's death along on her journeys after confirming that it was the soul of her older brother with the help of her scientist, who was her uncle, Deacon Domata.
Partner: She has none at the moment.
Other: She carries around a gray, leathery purse that contains some basic items, such as pocket money and some other miscellaneous items.

Pokémon Information: (Already Having)
Name:
[His name is currently unknown for privacy purposes since he prefers to not reveal it yet.]
Species: Tortostó / Soul Turtle Pokémon
Native Region: His native Region is Camtonia, a region based off of Cambodia.
Type: [type]Ghost[/type] [type]Psychic[/type]
Ability: Vital Force (The Pokémon attempts to keep its vitality maintained even while under pressure, as damaging an opposing Pokémon heals 1% HP every 0.5 seconds for 3 seconds. The effects of this ability stack, but cannot occur more than once every 0.75 seconds and only while not having a status condition.)
Primary Moves: Pound Rush, Osseinotherapy, Mystic Arc, Forsaken Hex.
Appearance: Tortostó is a small, turtle-like Pokémon that has his entire body made of bones that are interconnected by almost invisible cartilages. The irises in his eyes are yellow, as the rest is black though. His nose has two oddly shaped nostrils, as four small teeth can be seen when he opens his mouth. His stubby arms have four fingers each, as his feet have two pointed toes that vaguely represent claws. His calcium shell covers over half his body, as it is very hard, yet smooth to the touch. The shell has a pattern of horizontal black lines on top and it has a linear pattern on the bottom that separates the shell into eight equal sections. There is also a thick, black ridge between the two halves of the shell keeping it interconnected with guaranteed integrity.
Personality: Tortostó is reserved when it comes to conversations, as he perfers to speak in slight telepathy towards others when the time is right. He has some strange habits, one being that he sometimes likes to put his hand into his mouth, especially when others are not looking. Although he can be silly at times, he can still get the job done.
Fakemon Creator: @Aquaman
Other: He is a fossil Pokémon in Camtonia, as his boney body is controlled by his own spirit from a special, but unfortunately deceased someone.
Poké Browser Entry: "It has been said throughout the ancient texts of Camtonia that the spirits of the deceased young from the raging wars often possess these fossilized bodies. Sometimes, it can be heard in the middle of the night uttering out a saddening cry in the moonlight."
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Catagory: Physical
Power: 10 x 5
Accuracy: 100%, but can be evaded more easily
Power Points: 25
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat / Front Tile
Description: An elementary move that most species of Pokémon learn from the start or early on. The user swiftly assaults the target with a series of quick strikes.
Effects: The chance of critical hits increases when all strikes connect.
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Catagory: Status (Egg Move)
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 15
Target: Self
Range: N/A
Description: The user forms a thick, protective barrier of calcified material surrounding itself, healing and protecting itself from all incoming damage, but cannot move or attack.
Effects: Protects the Pokémon from all damage and heals 25% HP over four seconds and disables all actions.
Type: [type]Psychic[/type]
Catagory: Special
Power: 95 (Direct Hit) / 30 (Splash Damage)
Accuracy: 100%, but can be evaded more easily
Power Points: 20
Target: All enemies within range
Range: 2.5-15 Meters from user, 2.5 Meters Area of Effect / 2-6 Tiles from user, 1 Tile Area of Effect
Description: The user fires off a beam of spiritual energy at the target, which can also damage other nearby opposing Pokémon.
Effects: No secondary effects.
Type: [type]Ghost[/type]
Catagory: Special
Power: 50 [Damage is instead proportionally dealt to PP.]
Accuracy: 85%
Power Points: 25
Target: All Enemies within Field / Entire Room
Range: 15 Meters, 5 Meters Area of Effect / 6 Tiles, 2 Tiles Area of Effect
Description: The Pokémon casts a mysterious cloud filled with rancorous energy and screams of the fallen generations over all opposing Pokémon.
Effects: Depletes the Pokémon's PP for a random move based on the amount of damage dealt; also may inflict Petrify if the Pokémon has 0 PP for any move.

Pokémon Information: (Starter)
Name:
His name is currently unknown, though his trainer may give him a nickname once he gets him from the Professor.
Species: Cyndaquil / Fire Mouse Pokémon
Ability: Blaze (Increases the potency of Fire-based moves when the Pokémon is in trouble.)
Type: [type]Fire[/type]
Appearance: He is your normal, everyday Cyndaquil; nothing too dramatic and special. He will also be wearing a bluish scarf once his trainer decides to have him wear it upon retrieving him from the Professor.
Personality: [To be done later and it will be revealed in the RP.]
Primary Moves: Quick Attack, Smokescreen, Ember.
Other: [More info will be added once found in the RP.]

Last edited:
Name: Tyler Hale

Appearance/Clothing/Accessories: Extremely tall and broad, Tyler stands at about 6 feet 4 inches. He has a mess of brown hair on his head that he attempts to keep "spiked-up" along with brown eyes. He is relatively fit from years of playing sports, but also walks with a slight gimp because of a knee injury he suffered a number of years ago, which also causes him slight discomfort at times. For the most part, he wears brand names, usually sporting a pair of tan chinos along with a dark-colored button-down shirt and a pair of clean white sneakers. He carries many, if not all of his items in a beat up, sporty, black backpack.

Personality: Tyler is a rather amiable person. He is always willing to start a conversation and make a new friend. However, he is also extremely naive and it often gets him into arguments and other bad situations. He can also be rather conceited, although he doesn't notice it himself. He can mostly be found taking naps in the middle of the day or eating, as those are his two favorite things to do. Although his sleeping habits may portray laziness, when given the proper motivation, he can be an extremely hard worker. He is also, relatively intelligent, which helps him take a logical approach to situations.

Region of Origin:
Sinnoh

Backstory: Tyler's childhood was anything but exhilarating. Living in a suburb outside of Jubilife City, his parents never allowed to him to own a Pokemon, so he studied them in school instead. Because of this, he quickly gained a vast knowledge of Pokemon and became correspondingly intelligent. He rapidly developed an interest in the creatures and desperately wanted to start his own journey, but was once again denied that request by his mother and father. However, he was able to befriend a Munchlax that lived in a nearby grove and the two quickly developed a strong bond. After school each day, Tyler would travel to the nearby woods to see his friend, claiming to his parents that he had "extra-curricular activities". A few months after his seventeenth birthday, his superiors enabled him, after much convincing, to travel to the Namia Region and begin his journey. He was easily able to capture his pal, the Munchlax, and set out on his adventure.

Partner: N/A, but I would not be against having one...
Other: Nope.

Starter Pokemon
Species: Turtwig
Nickname: Kurma
Ability: Overgrow
Type: Grass
Appearance: Just your regular ol' Turtwig...
Moves: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Leech Seed, Bite

Other Pokemon
Species: Munchlax
Nickname: Teddy
Ability: Thick Fat
Type: Normal
Appearance: Similar to my other Pokemon, he's just a regular ol' Munchlax...
Personality: In many ways, Teddy is very similar to Tyler, which could possibly be the reason that they became such good friends. As is common with Munchlaxes, Teddy loves to eat and sleep. So much so that Teddy is often found passed out right next to his trainer. Teddy is also naive, similar to his owner, in that he is often rushing into battles that he has no chance of winning, only to have it proven to him.
Moves: Lick, Chip Away, Tackle, Stockpile

Am I required to use my starter Pokemon? If not, would I be able to request another basic Pokemon from another region or possibly just use my Munchlax?