• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Namia Region: A Fan-Made Region Roleplay

Name: Arlo Skylark
Trainer/Gym Leader: Trainer

Appearance/Clothing/Accessories:
Arlo has a petite build, standing at 5'4" and weighing about 110 lbs, but is well-toned despite his practically nonexistent muscle mass. He has wavy ash brown hair, worn in somewhat of a duck tail style reminiscent of the American 1950's. He has amber-colored eyes and pale skin.

While traveling, Arlo shoots for comfort rather than style in his clothing choices. He dons a pair of distressed bluejeans and a cream-colored henley tee, which he leaves carelessly unbuttoned. He also wears a pair of white tennis shoes, worn-out from overuse.

Personality:
Arlo has always relied more on his emotions than logic for guidance, which often causes him to act somewhat recklessly. He is notoriously spontaneous, making spur-of-the-moment decisions without much of a thought about the potential consequences. Despite this, Arlo is generally likable and approachable, at times revealing too much information because of his unguarded disposition.

Region of Origin:
Solaceon Town, Sinnoh

Backstory:
Arlo had a rather unassuming upbringing, though his family was middle-class. He was raised on a small dairy farm in Solaceon Town and spent much of his childhood tending to the Miltank, which is where his fascination with Pokémon started. Although his parents encouraged him to take over the family farm as he got older, Arlo insisted on attending the Trainer School in Jubilife City, where he graduated at the top of his class. He decided to leave for the Namia Region as the natural next step in his training after reading about it in a Pokémon science publication.

Partner: None.

Other:
Arlo carries his PokéBalls and various other trainer supplies in a small, leather rucksack.

Starter Pokemon
Species: Rowlet
Nickname: Blathers
Ability: Overgrow
Type: Grass | Flying
Appearance: Blathers looks like a regular Rowlet with the exception of a small blue bandana tied around his left leg.
Personality: (To be done later)
Moves: Tackle, Leafage, Peck, Astonish​

Other Pokemon
Species: Riolu
Nickname: Lucy
Ability: Prankster
Type: Fighting
Appearance: Lucy looks like a regular Riolu with significantly longer eyelashes. She wears a crimson scarf around her neck.
Personality: Lucy is curious by nature, never hesitating to investigate the unfamiliar, which often gets her into trouble. She assisted with herding Miltank on Arlo's family's farm, instilling within her the values of loyalty from a young age.
Moves: Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Quick Attack, Counter​

Last edited:
Mainly waiting for the Professor to interact since I don't want to accidentally bunny someone and I am going to try to interact with you know who as soon as possible since I was rather ill before.

Name: Jaiden
Trainer/Gym Leader: trainer
Appearance/Clothing/Accessories: looks like my player profile picture but not so evil
Personality: kind, sweet,carring, competitive,shy
Region of Origin: (Hoenn, Kanto, All that good stuff)Kanto,Vaniville
Backstory: (You can reveal this later, but this part is not optional. At least a few sentences) He came from Kanto when he was 12 to start his pokemon carrer.Now he is a pretty good pokemon trainer
Partner ((Just put your partner's name, You don't need if your character is a gym leader) Frokie
Other:Riolu

Starter Pokemon
Species:Frokie
Nickname: (Optional) Galaxy
Ability: torrent
Type: water?
Appearance: normal frokie but he has a Thunder emblem on his bubbles on his neck
Personality: (To be done later) Doesnt rly hear to the trainer.he trusts him but he has gone through so much
Moves: Water shuriken,quick attack, tackle, water pulse (for now)

Other Pokemon
Species:Riolu
Nickname: (Optional) Ry
Ability: Inner focus
Type:Fighting
Appearance:Normal riolu but wears a Red Scarf it got from his father Luke the lucario( Jaiden's dad lucario)
Personality: (A brief one is fine) Carring,Happy,lovely.
Moves: Extreme speed,tackle, aura sphere (for now)

I will try to post in the regular thread as soon as I can! I have been super busy with schoolwork lately and have barely had any free time...