• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Midnight Ball (based on Monster Prom) (discussion)

Should we put down what our chars will be wearing at them prom or will that just be left as a surprise so we have more time to think about em?
You can do either, I wasn't thinking that far ahead but if you want to start planning outfits that would make sense in context!

I like that idea! I think it would be quite fun and to be honest I might draw Maya in her prom dress (and a better drawing than just a quick sketch too), but I'm fine with either options

Also I've had a lot of fun with the rp so far (even if we haven't even gone through the first day yet)

I'm glad you're enjoying! I might just edit my previous post to give Cmeriwether their stats already and move to Day 2 by around 5 pm tonight if we don't get responses. Also, do you mind making a reply to my post? It doesn't have to be much, maybe just Maya choosing a drink and enjoying it in the cafe. Just since I'm not supposed to make two posts in a row!

Hey I thought to let you guys know that I'm going to be traveling with my family for a couple of days (we're leaving Sunday morning and be back Monday evening) and I won't be posting much if at all, as I manly write my Rp thread posts on my computer. I mean if it's alright with @NotaViolinist you could help me with grammar since the quality of my grammar compared on computer and phone are different. I'll still be posting at least once (it's about 9:40 pm for me rn).

Edit: Lmao me and @Red Gallade just posted our characters going to the library at the same time

Last edited:
Hey I thought to let you guys know that I'm going to be traveling with my family for a couple of days (we're leaving Sunday morning and be back Monday evening) and I won't be posting much if at all, as I manly write my Rp thread posts on my computer. I mean if it's alright with @NotaViolinist you could help me with grammar since the quality of my grammar compared on computer and phone are differ. I'll still be posting at least once (it's about 9:40 pm for me rn).

Edit: Lmao me and @Red Gallade just posted our characters going to the library at the same time
No problem! If you want to start a convo with me I can edit for you and you can post what I send back. Depending on the characters I roll for you guys you might end up in the same event, so don't worry too much about checking for updates, I've got you covered. Thanks for letting me know! Have a nice trip!

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Daisy Reaper
Type of Monster: Daughter of the Grim Reaper
Gender/sexuality: Female, Gay
Appearance: Daisy is 5'6" and 118lb. She has grey hair, grey eyes and a skinny but mature body type. She also has freckles and wears a pair of black glasses. She wears a tight black hooded leather jacket, black skinny jeans, black boots and gloves and a Scythe strapped to her back.
Crush: Cerrina
Some questions to determine stats:
• Do you post your opinions/beliefs freely, or do you research everything intensively before doing so?
I like to post my opinions/beliefs freely.
• Would you rather spend time with friends, or stay in and do your hobbies?
I would rather spend time with friends.
• Would you rather fight for honor, or for treasure?
Fight for treasure.
• Have you ever made a bad decision that ended up being a fun experience? Y/N
YES

• Which is more your style, street fights or stage fights?
I love a good stage fight.
• Which metal appeals more, silver or steel?
Definitely favouring steel.
• What do you focus on when in school, the future or the present?
Like to focus on the present.
• Which language are you more likely to know, Python or Klingon?
Python
• Would you rather own a mainstream business or a niche business?
Niche Business
• Would you tell your friends to knock something off if they were doing something dangerous? Y/N
Yes, I have experienced death to much already.

Name: Daisy Reaper
Type of Monster: Daughter of the Grim Reaper
Gender/sexuality: Female, Gay
Appearance: Daisy is 5'6" and 118lb. She has grey hair, grey eyes and a skinny but mature body type. She also has freckles and wears a pair of black glasses. She wears a tight black hooded leather jacket, black skinny jeans, black boots and gloves and a Scythe strapped to her back.
Crush: Cerrina
Some questions to determine stats:
• Do you post your opinions/beliefs freely, or do you research everything intensively before doing so?
I like to post my opinions/beliefs freely.
• Would you rather spend time with friends, or stay in and do your hobbies?
I would rather spend time with friends.
Fight for treasure.
• Have you ever made a bad decision that ended up being a fun experience? Y/N
YES

• Which is more your style, street fights or stage fights?
I love a good stage fight.
• Which metal appeals more, silver or steel?
Definitely favouring steel.
• What do you focus on when in school, the future or the present?
Like to focus on the present.
• Which language are you more likely to know, Python or Klingon?
Python
• Would you rather own a mainstream business or a niche business?
Niche Business
• Would you tell your friends to knock something off if they were doing something dangerous? Y/N
Yes, I have experienced death to much already.
Cool cool, here are your stats! Since it's day 2 I added 1 extra wealth to make up for the day you missed, so your total stats should be the same as everyone else's.
Daisy: Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 2 Courage: 2 Fun: 3 Wealth: 2
A very even spread with a slight leaning toward fun.
Feel free to jump right in and choose a location to visit for day 2!

Hopefully Leonard will have a few chances to increase his intelligence, otherwise he might be like Papyrus... with skin, fangs and a love for blood instead of spaghetti.

Edit: Dumb question, but what usually happens during career fairs?
At least from what I've seen it's a lot of self-promoting (so businesses try to appeal to the students with flyers with information about their company) as well as students trying to make a good impression on the representatives (showing resume, dressing nicely, etc.). It's a good way to start making contacts in the industry so they can put a good word in when you apply, and some businesses even count it as a job interview so they can hire you fresh out of school. This is normally a college thing but I'm picturing the monster school as a mix of high school and college so hopefully it makes some sense!

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Name: Kana Maso
Type of Monster: Human/Ghost Hybrid
Gender/sexuality (optional): Female (Pannie!)
Appearance: Kana is a 4'8 Hybrid, with White Hair, and Green Eyes. She wears very light clothing, Shorts or Skirts, And alot of T-Shirts! Though, When she's being an Introvert, Omnivert things, She'll probably just be wearing something comfortable. At party's, she'll wear a Jacket, and just regular pants.
Crush (can change later!): Cirrina / Morgan, ( Possibly Ke'ah! )
Some questions to determine stats (answer in character!):

• Do you post your opinions/beliefs freely, or do you research everything intensively before doing so? A: Research, dont want to be wrong!
• Would you rather spend time with friends, or stay in and do your hobbies? A: Its hard as an Omnivert, but I'd have to choose Hobbies.
A: Honor, Treasure comes that way as well!
• Have you ever made a bad decision that ended up being a fun experience? A: Yes, Accidentally went through a wall once, saw something, haha!
• Which is more your style, street fights or stage fights? A: Stage Fights, Street fights are scary.
• Which metal appeals more, silver or steel? A: Silver, it just looks better!
• What do you focus on when in school, the future or the present? A: I personally prefer the Future!
• Which language are you more likely to know, Python or Klingon? A: Klingon!
• Would you rather own a mainstream business or a niche business? A: Niche Business, variety!
• Would you tell your friends to knock something off if they were doing something dangerous? A: Only if they could possibly die from it, their fault if they get hurt!

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Benkei Kage (Benny for short)
Type of Monster: a poltergeist and ghost hybrid in a human body.
Gender/sexuality (optional): Male straight
Appearance: He is a tall and skinny. He skin is pale and ghastly, with his eyes being large and sunken and his hair is white and messy. Most times he has a wry smile and a large carving knife. He normally wears a black hoodie with a dual red dagger emblem on the back. He normally wears a white hoodie and a pair of black shorts.
Crush (can change later!): Ariel

• Do you post your opinions/beliefs freely, or do you research everything intensively before doing so? Why should I research what I should do? I'd post freely.

• Would you rather spend time with friends, or stay in and do your hobbies? Kind of hard when most people are afraid of the big knife I hold so it's most likely hobbies for me.

• Would you rather fight for honor, or for treasure? For honour obviously, treasure is boring and won't last forever.

• Have you ever made a bad decision that ended up being a fun experience? Does dying count? Cause that was fun

• Which is more your style, street fights or stage fights? Street fights obviously, no rules, no preparation, just a great fight. Say are you planning to put me in one?

• Which metal appeals more, silver or steel? Well looking at my knife I'd say silver

• What do you focus on when in school, the future or the present? I'd Focus on the present, the future just leads to anxiety and worrying.

• Which language are you more likely to know, Python or Klingon? I don't know what Klingon is but python is easy enough to understand.

• Would you rather own a mainstream business or a niche business? I'd prefer not to have a business but if I'm being forced I would sat Niche, it sounds nice enough

• Would you tell your friends to knock something off if they were doing something dangerous? Let's say in theory I have friends, I'd say yes cause I'm not heartless, well not too heartless.

Last edited:
Name: Kana Maso
Type of Monster: Human/Ghost Hybrid
Gender/sexuality (optional): Female (Pannie!)
Appearance: Kana is a 4'8 Hybrid, with White Hair, and Green Eyes. She wears very light clothing, Shorts or Skirts, And alot of T-Shirts! Though, When she's being an Introvert, Omnivert things, She'll probably just be wearing something comfortable. At party's, she'll wear a Jacket, and just regular pants.
Crush (can change later!): Cirrina / Morgan, ( Possibly Ke'ah! )

• Do you post your opinions/beliefs freely, or do you research everything intensively before doing so? A: Research, dont want to be wrong!
• Would you rather spend time with friends, or stay in and do your hobbies? A: Its hard as an Omnivert, but I'd have to choose Hobbies.
A: Honor, Treasure comes that way as well!
• Have you ever made a bad decision that ended up being a fun experience? A: Yes, Accidentally went through a wall once, saw something, haha!
• Which is more your style, street fights or stage fights? A: Stage Fights, Street fights are scary.
• Which metal appeals more, silver or steel? A: Silver, it just looks better!
• What do you focus on when in school, the future or the present? A: I personally prefer the Future!
• Which language are you more likely to know, Python or Klingon? A: Klingon!
• Would you rather own a mainstream business or a niche business? A: Niche Business, variety!
• Would you tell your friends to knock something off if they were doing something dangerous? A: Only if they could possibly die from it, their fault if they get hurt!

Accepted! Here are your stats:
Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 4 Courage: 2 Fun: 2 Wealth: 2
An even spread with a strong inclination towards creativity.
Note: I added +1 to wealth and +1 to courage to make up for the two days your character would have missed.

Name: Benkei Kage (Benny for short)
Type of Monster: a poltergeist and ghost hybrid in a human body.
Gender/sexuality (optional): Male straight
Appearance: He is a tall and skinny. He skin is pale and ghastly, with his eyes being large and sunken and his hair is white and messy. Most times he has a wry smile and a large carving knife. He normally wears a black hoodie with a dual red dagger emblem on the back. He normally wears a white hoodie and a pair of black shorts.
Crush (can change later!): Ariel

• Do you post your opinions/beliefs freely, or do you research everything intensively before doing so? Why should I research what I should do? I'd post freely.

• Would you rather spend time with friends, or stay in and do your hobbies? Kind of hard when most people are afraid of the big knife I hold so it's most likely hobbies for me.

• Would you rather fight for honor, or for treasure? For honour obviously, treasure is boring and won't last forever.

• Have you ever made a bad decision that ended up being a fun experience? Does dying count? Cause that was fun

• Which is more your style, street fights or stage fights? Street fights obviously, no rules, no preparation, just a great fight. Say are you planning to put me in one?

• Which metal appeals more, silver or steel? Well looking at my knife I'd say silver

• What do you focus on when in school, the future or the present? I'd Focus on the present, the future just leads to anxiety and worrying.

• Which language are you more likely to know, Python or Klingon? I don't know what Klingon is but python is easy enough to understand.

• Would you rather own a mainstream business or a niche business? I'd prefer not to have a business but if I'm being forced I would sat Niche, it sounds nice enough

• Would you tell your friends to knock something off if they were doing something dangerous? Let's say in theory I have friends, I'd say yes cause I'm not heartless, well not too heartless.
Here are your stats!
Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 2 Courage: 4 Fun: 2 Wealth: 2
Another even spread with an advantage in courage.
Note: Like the character above, I added +1 to wealth and +1 to intelligence to match the other players' total stat count.

By the way, as we're getting new members it'll be harder to keep up the momentum so I'm going to try to end each day on Monday night each week. Hopefully everyone (or at least 5/6?) can post at least twice by that point (first post is choosing location, second would be interacting with the characters). I'm going to cap the number of players at 8, so if we get to that many before day 5 I'll change it to closed. Thanks!

@Slatzsly Just so you know, the encounters at each location are randomized (I made a post earlier here about how I calculate the odds of encountering each character) so you can't force an encounter with any particular character. Cmeriwether had the same situation earlier of having Vedius technically be in the same location as their character, but the event they had involved Ke'ah and Ankaa. So Kana can talk to Cirrina right now if you want, but the event I rolled for you has to do with Ariel and Flynn. Therefore the conversation with Cirrina won't count towards anything. Let me know if you decide to edit it or if you want me to post with Cirrina responding, either is fine!

If you'd like to edit, you could have Kana admiring Cirrina from afar (Cirrina takes her education very seriously so she probably wouldn't notice) or Kana could be in an entirely different classroom like music class or art class. Just some ideas!

Last edited:
Sorry we're a bit behind schedule, I'd suggest making your first posts on or before the weekend to keep things on track. I'll move on to Day 5 when @Slatzsly replies and I'll give you guys extra time to make your posts for Day 5 (so it won't be a Monday end date!).

If I missed it, I feel like I could've gotten away with it by having the excuse that Leonard spent the next day off sick because that food combo he ate made him more sick than he thought.