• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Marriage Of Two Greats

Augus approaches aurora again. “Ah it appears you are my first opponent. I truly wish you the best of luck Aurora! And I hope you don’t hold back during our battle, I want to see everything that you have to offer in a competition!” Augus speaks excitedly and with a kind smile, extending his right arm for a friendly handshake.

Aurora, being approached by Augus, takes a deep breath, calming down her nerves and responds with a steady voice: "I hope exactly the same from you!" Returning the kind smile, Aurora shakes hands with Augus, but she notices how nervous she actually is as she can not hide the fact that her hands are freezing in comparison with Augus'.

After releasing the handshake in a quick and rather unelegant fashion due to her excitement, Aurora took off her left glove and reached for a Pokeball: "Well, I ummm... will use my ladies first Privilege, umm... if you don't mind, and will draw my first Pokemon: Froslass, I choose you!"

Whilst in the first part of her exclamation she was searching for words, in the last part her competitive spirit almost drowned her and she exclaimed her pokemon choice with sheer excitement.

“Haha well of course! Now prove to me you’re worthy of joining the elite!” Augus reaches down and quickly snatches up a pokeball off his belt. “Go Aegislash!” He tosses the ball up into the air and it burst with a brilliant light from which his Aegislash emerges, wearing a formal ribbon around its handle. It quickly descends and drives its blade through the ground creating a small shockwave as impacts. It’s single eye looks up at the Froslass as it floats back up into the air and quickly covers its body with its shield.
“Haha, excellent entrance Aegislash!” Augus looks back to Aurora, his purple eyes pierce through hers almaot as if looking directly into her fighting spirit; and he lets out a grin and a slight chuckle. “Ladies first?”

Aurora was fascinated by Aegislash's swift entrance, however, that only acted as her spark for the battle: "Thank you very much," Aurora returned the gaze, "Now, let's adjust the battlefield a little in our favour - Froslass, set up Hail!" Froslass, with its icy breath, caused the temperatures on the battlefield to continuously and rapidly drop until a hail storm finally began crashing down onto the competitors. The chills spread throughout the whole wedding ceremony, forcing the guests to zip up their jackets. "I can not fight him head on, even if I hit super effective because his shield with its monstrous defence will mitigate it," Aurora thought to herself, "However with hail, I can wait for him to move first... in blade form..." Aurora has planned out multiple strategies, but the longer route did seem most appropriate. Froslass felt like a fish in the water inside the hail storm, whilst the hail slowly chipped away at its opponent's shield.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Well, I'm tired of this, Gardevoir, take the big cat out!" Margarita shouted while sending out the Embrace Pokemon. The Incineroar could tell it was her last Pokemon based on the fire in Margarita's eye. Galarzo then held up two Pokeballs, "Okay, I'll send out my own psychic type, Raichu het out here!" The Mouse Pokemon looked ready to battle as a smirk grew on his face, "Raichu, use Volt Tackle!" Raichu then became cloaked in electricity before slamming into the Gardevoir, not knocking the opposing Pokemon out yet but doing a fair amount of damage as the Raichu shook of recoil damage. "Gardevoir use Moonblast!" The Gardevoir threw a ball made up of light at the electric mouse and but then the ex champion pulled out a surprise, "Take to the skies and use Volt Tackle from up there!" Raichu soared above the Moonblast and looked at the fairy type before diving into the Gardevoir. The Embrace Pokemon fainted and Galarzo's opponent shrugged, "I guess that should be expected from a trainer that is around champion level, I'm still learning about the fairy type. Good match." Galarzo nodded as he took out Incineroar and asked him to warm up himself and his former opponent due to the hail, he then watched Aurora's battle with anticipation on what strategy she would employ.

“Hmm excellent start, but you better be pretty observant if you’re going to wait for me to let my shield down! Aegislash use double team, followed by shadow sneak!” Aegislash quickly created multiple perfect copies of itself. They all faded into the ground leaving only murky shadows which quickly kilt began to shuffle and spin with blinding speed to obscure the identity of the original. The shadows then darted towards Froslass and began spinning like a vortex in circles on the ground surrounding it, quickly getting closer and closer. Augus lets out a grin while looking to Aurora curiously.

In the hailstorm one could only see Froslass' orange kimono-like waist sash and the two blue almost glowing eyes. The snow cloak ability allowed for almost complete Camouflage, this in addition to Froslass' speed made its movements even for Aurora herself difficult to follow. "Which Aegislash is the right one?" Aurora thought to herself, "doesn't matter." "Froslass, spin around rapidly and use Blizzard constantly until you recognise the true Aegislash!" Aurora commanded and the Ice Pokemon obliged, with intense blizzards being shot left and right, making one copy fade after another. "Do not let it get any closer! As soon as you see an opening in the circle, escape it using the hail as cover!"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"This battle seems interesting, both seem like challenging opponents." Galarzo mumbled as he smiled even though he was still a little cold. He knew why Aurora and Augus weren't cold, due to their fighting spirits they could forget about physical obstacles that stood before them. He watched Aurora, smiling at what he saw, she was had a valid strategy but she needed to focus so he refrained from cheering just yet after all the battle was far from over.

“Now iron head!” Augus proclaimed as the all of the remaining few shadows appeared out of the ground simultaneously as if using shadow sneak to create a black veil around froslass. Then suddenly directly in front of it from the viel thw real one charge directly into froslass with and extended iron empowered blade.

"Dodge it Froslass! And directly use Shadow Ball whilst its defence is down!" Aurora exclaimed. The Froslass used the slightest distance it had between itself and the Aegislash to attempt to avoid a direct hit. The impact of the Shadow Ball caused a cloud of smoke to engulf the Aegislash and the Froslass, making it unclear which Pokemon got hit to what extent. However, once the Smoke began settling, it was clear that thanks to the snow cloak and speed advantage, Froslass has avoided a direct hit, but the relatively frail ice type has definitely taken a painful graze. "That is one fast Aegislash..." Aurora thought.

“Haha an excellent display!” Augus begins to clap his hands. “You and your Froslass aren’t bad at all. But I hope you have a good eye for what’s next!” Augus winks at Aegislash and it immediately springs back into action, collecting itself after being hit. “Now use double team and then iron head! You know what to do hehe.” He winks again and Aegislash creates several clones, all of their blades begins to glow and extend twice the original size. They all begin to doing wildly with blinding speed, shuffling positions after each swing like a storm of blades. The force strong enough to blow away any snow and hail in a small radius around it as it makes a speedy beeline straight for Froslass again.

"Now there is nowhere to run..." Aurora initially worryingly thought to herself, "but I am not going down yet!" "Froslass use Blizzard and slow it down!" Aurora ordered. Again one by one copies began to fade from this devastatingly cold spread move. The battlefield temperatures are highly unpleasant but it doesn't even bother the competitors one bit. Aurora's inner flame is glowing hotter and hotter by the minute. "The Aegislash is in blade form, and even if Blizzard does not freeze it, it must slow it down just enough for me to get it off..." Aurora strategized in her mind. "As soon as you see the real one, SHADOW BALL!" Aurora exclaimed putting her full faith in her Froslass. "I do not want to use Plan B just yet..." she mumbled quietly to herself.

“Aegislash switch to shadow sneak!” The remaining clones and original quickly dissipated back into murky shadows on the ground to avoid the blizzard. They quickly swarmed directly under Froslass and all erupted simultaneously with dark shadowy blades pointed upwards slicing past Froslass. The original placed itself in the center of the swarm jabbing at froslass from beneath with a blackened blade. “Now kings shield!” Augus exclaimed as Aegislash flew past Froslass immediately after the attack and looked down upon it and quickly covering itself with its shield.

"Now Shadow Ball!" Aurora exclaimed as soon as the Aegislash emerged out of the shadows. The Blast acted as a buffer between the blade and Froslass' icy body. As the Aegislash flew over the Froslass, the eyes of the two Ghost type pokemon pierced each other. As if personally challenging who will be going down first and who will emerge as the superior Ghost Type. However, Froslass despite avoiding direct hits due to its speed and maneuvering, has taken significant damage as Ice Types are not known for their sturdiness, and all the grazes and especially the last shadow sneak have taken their toll on the ice type. Aurora knew that. So she called: "Froslass, one last time, move fast and set up hail for your companions! You have fought well and I am immensely proud!" However, she did not believe that its Froslass' end yet, she will take the Aegislash down one way or another. "If Froslass goes down it will take Aegislash with it... Plan B it is..." Aurora thought as she waited for the perfect moment to order the final command.

“Hmm not bad at all Aurora, but it’s time for the show to move on! Aegislash finish it off, full power iron head!” As Aegislash continued to be hit by hail it uncovered itself. Aegislash began to spin with its blade extended and glowing with power, the blade was the biggest it’s been since the fight began. With a rapid burst of speed it slingshotted itself down from the air at Froslass like a giant falling drill, it’s speed peaked like never before. “Now end it!” Augus exclaimed excitedly awaiting to see what finally happens.

"Thank you Froslass, f-for Everything! Use Destiny Bond, NOW!" Froslass stops at the spot, turns around to Aegislash, pierces it with its gaze and is surrounded by an ominous aura. The Aegislash lands a direct hit onto the Froslass. Froslass falls to the cold ground, with hail falling slower now, as if mourning the outcome of the battle between these great ghost type pokemon. "Thank you Froslass, come back and take a good rest," Aurora gratefully whispers as the fainted Froslass returns to its pokeball. The Hailstorm continues to rage. The battle continues.

Aegislash floats still, being surrounded by a dark aura before instantly fainting and falling to the ground. Augus returns Aegislash to its pokeball. “An excellent performance as always my old friend.” He then looks to Aurora with a smile. “You know that was quite the display. I must say I’m extremely impressed, and you’ve so far proven yourself an amazing trainer, well done!” Augus claps to himself. “But I want more! I want to see you if you can prove yourself even further!” He pulls out another fancy customized pokeball from his satchel. “Are you ready for round two?!” Augus stands ready for the word.

"Thank you very much, it is an honor to be battling with you. Now, it might be a bit predictable but in no way less powerful, you will see: Go Glaceon!" The cute Ice Pokemon is released from its pokeball and similarly feels like a fish in the sea with the raging hailstorm. It exhales a frosty breath, ready for battle.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So a Froslass with Destiny Bond, so even if Incineroar or Lycanroc fainted the ice type, if it uses that move, my Pokemon go down either way. Galarzo made mental note as he smiled, he enjoyed the clash between the two ghost types and know he wanted to observe what would happen with Aurora's Glaceon and whatever Pokemon Augus would send out next.

“Hmm quite a nimble one let’s hope. Go Porygon Z!” Augus threw his pokeball forward and a Porygon Z with a family crest like a sticker on its belly appeared. He began twitching and crazily dancing around. “He’s quite excited to battle if you can’t already tell haha! But there’s nothing he loves more than a moving target!” Augus looks at Aurora with a competitive stare.

"I-I suppose I will have to disappoint you there, unlike Froslass, Glaceon is more about brute force than just cuteness," Aurora replied it with a cold and concentrated look, "Hence, Glaceon use Blizzard! Do not let it even come close, remember all the training with such agitated targets!" Aurora commanded with complete control of her voice and of her Pokemon. The anxiety was swept away in the heat of the battle, like during a blizzard. Glaceon, using the previously set up hail storm, released a massive blizzard in the direction of the Porygon Z. The temperatures on the battlefield are unpleasantly cold, but the heat from the battle mitigates it completely for the spectators and especially for the competitors. Meanwhile, Aurora's eyes are lit up as she is completely unrecognisable. Glaceon's Blizzard was on a whole other level compared to Froslass' letting the monstrous attacking power of the ice type come to light. The whole battle ground is even slowly covered in frost whilst the spectators hold on to their hats and belongings.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Galarzo could feel the difference in power between Aurora's Glaceon and her Froslass, So it seems that her Glaceon is for when she needs a quick win while Froslass is more strategy based. He then had Incineroar turn up the heat until he got tired, at that moment, Galarzo put the Heel Pokemon back in its ball as he continued to observe the battle, wondering what Augus's Porygon Z uses and how Aurora would counteract that strategy.

“It’ll be a great show nonetheless.” Augus says as Porygon Z quickly leaps out of the way like a violent convulsion, still partially taking the hit but avoiding its full blast. “That’s quite a cold blizzard Glaceon has, I could feel it from here! But my Porygon Z has quite some firepower itself Yknow? Behind his albeit dubious visage is a truly spectacular power awaiting to be unleashed! And I’ll prove that now, use lock on!” Porygon Z quickly darts up and his eyes flash as he confirms a perfect lock on Glaceon.

"With lock on I can't avoid any attack... I know Porygon has some devastating moves so I have to prevent it hitting at full power at all cost..." Aurora thought to herself as she evaluated the best possible next move, "I could stall out, but then hail ends and I can not blizzard any more precisely, and thanks to the hail Glaceon would survive a couple of hits..." Aurora kept concentrating whilst Glaceon impatiently waited for her command. "Glaceon, use Ice Shard to chip away at the Porygon and as soon as it attempts to use any move to retaliate, use mirror coat to punish it!" Aurora exclaimed, finally settling on a strategy.

“Porygon use Conversion 2 and then Tri attack at the ground underneath it!” Porygon Z quickly flashes and changes into an ice type like Glaceon, mitigating the last bit of the ice shard damage and giving itself an immunity to the hail. Porygon Z then quickly jolts into the air and fires a tri attack below the glaceons feet. The different elements of ghe three beams collide and react creating a bright flash and explosion under glaceon

"No! Glaceon are you alright?!" Aurora exclaimed. She was in awe at what she just saw, circumventing a potential mirror coat by not attcking the glaceon directly - such an outcome did not even cross her mind. Glaceon emerged from the dust and rubble cloud, damaged but ready to battle as some damage was healed back thanks to Glaceon's Ice Body, allowing it to tank through this move, which was further weakend by the fact that it wasn't a direct hit. However Aurora knew that she did not have an answer to this. Glaceon would be taking continuous hits on and on. Should the hail run out, it will be impossible to take even more of these blasts. "The Porygon Z is now an Ice Type, so even with its defensive weaknesses, it will be able to take a couple of Blizzards so I can not even get a knock out fast..." Aurora mumbled stresfully to herself, evaluating her next move, "However, there are still a couple of minutes of hail left, I might just try to outdamage the Porygon. No smart strategy, just raw strength which the Porygon won't be able to match in fear of a Mirror Coat... No plan is also a plan!" Aurora concluded her thought process and jolted into action, "Glaceon! Continuous Blizzard as long as the hail is up! It won't outrun it forever! Show your raw power!" Aurora commanded to the slowly regenerating Glaceon.

“Caught you off guard there Hmm? Mirror coat is almost always a good move but I’ve seen it before few times myself. Now Porygon Z blast through the blizzard with hyper beam!” Porygon Z quickly took aim and concentrated all of its energy, realeasing it into a destructive beam of energy. The beam cut straight through the center of the blizzard, the outsides still pelting Porygon Z as the beam makes a rapid beeline straight for Glaceon.

"I will make the most predictable move in battle that one could make in my position, use Mirror Coat!" Aurora commanded, however turning away as the hyper beam hit her beloved glaceon head on. The blizzard stopped and Aurora prayed that Glaceon was able to take the monstrous hyper beam. The Glaceon emerged completely beat from the blast but is still on its feet, probably survived only due to Porygon Z not being a normal type no more and due to Ice Body. Aurora hoped that the hail would continue a little bit longer to beat the Porygon, but the hail grains were no longer raging but already slowly falling to the ground, indicating an approaching end of hail. Now, with the Glaceon still on its feet, it gathered all its strength and mirror coated the hyper beam back, with double the strength and speed straight for the porygon. The doubled Hyper Beam's immense strength sent shock waves through the air, heading right back at Porygon Z.

Porygon Z now recharging from the hyper beam was startled to see its attack returning to it. Alas being too weakened to dodge the blast and was engulphed in the large beam. When the beam faded there was nothing but Porygon Z laying on the ground, fainted from the massive damage of the blast. Augus recalled it to its pokeball. “Thank you Porygon.” He said as he put the ball away and pulled another one out. “You know I was right. You really are something Aurora. But you’ve yet to prove yourself completely, so prove to me that you’re worthy of becoming an Elite Four member rlike I once was! “He threW The Pokeball Into the air and out of the light a Dragonite flew out and began to hover above the battlefield. “Hehehe it’s far from over!”

The Hail finally settled, the barely standing Glaceon was facing a fresh Dragonite. "Normally I would have an advantage, but with Glaceon barely standing and without hail to replenish health or to blizzard him precisely, the situation is everything but pleasant. However, I can still get this done!" Aurora mumbled to herself, she did not feel well without the cold, nor could she understand what strategy Augus was going to enact, as sending out a dragon against an icy opponent was a large risk. "I have nothing left to do, but attack! Glaceon full offensive Ice Beam!" Aurora commanded!