• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Kanto League Tournament

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bellamy walked into the trainer's lounge, he walked over to the food and let Ren and Blaze eat he then walked with them to a seat and let Ren sit on his shoulder and Blaze sat on his feet. He looked out at the arena, wondering who his next opponent would be.

Heracles rolled his eyes. "When the gods come down from Olympus I hope you choose the right side." He said before walking away.

Allen sat outside of the surgery room. Merlin walked up to him and sat beside. "This must be difficult for you." He said.
Allen nodded. "Revenge isn't the current train of thought. It'll just get you and more people you care about killed."

Sekho said to himself "Gods... Oh, Thank you. My atheism feel fine for me" then he went somewhere to sit and was waiting for a phone, when he finally got call he started "I'm fine, yeach. Trainers here are strong... No I don't need to... So why I came here. I just wonder why people want to be a Champion or why they even try"

Leon was sitting in the lounge trying to think of a strategy to beat all of the trainers that passed the first round. "Ahhhh if only I had Bisharp with me!" Leon started to shout. A lot of people looked in his direction. 'Sometimes I should just shut the hell up...' Leon instantly regreted shouting. He decided to look around analyzing the people around him.

Paul went to his hotel room to take a nap while his tablet recorded the matches.

Emily turned her head and saw Leon she waved at him before turning her attention back to the female trainer she is was talking to.

Drew walked into the trainers lounge. While he was technically not participating in the tournament since he was the PLA rep he was aloud in. He saw Leon and walked towards him. " Excuse me you kind of look familiar. I think I met your parents when I participated in the leagues."

Clint heard as someone were screaming and he saw a bunch of people. He recognized that they all were a Tournament participants. He was thinking to say hi, he didn't meet many people here yet so it could be a good chance, he slowly came toward the Leon and he said "Hi, something happend"

"I guess you are talking about my old man Yannick right? My name is Leon. Tell me what told you that I'm his son?" Leon was suprised by someone realizing his relation to Yannick. Clintcame up to Leon and greeted him so Leon responded "Hey. What do you mean something by that?"

"You yelled so loud that I thought that you could be hurt or something. It seems that you are okay. I sorry, I schould introduced myself. My name is Clint, I sorry that I took your time if you want I can go now" he said to Leon and he smiled. Flareon in the same time was watching everything behind his trainer.

"You looked like him when he was around your age." He said. "Also." He handed Leon a file. "When you register it shows where you came from." He said. He flashed his PLA ID. "Drew Leuric Pokemon League Administration." He stood up. "Also might not be a good idea to shout what Pokemon you want to use. People will use that against you." He looked over to the other boy. "Isn't that right Clint.

"Yes, you right but I think if you have good strategy even if your opponent knew which pokemon will you use... You still can win" Clint said and he took up Flareon. "Don't you agree with me, buddy. Still, It's better when you don't reveal your pokemons" he pated his pokemon and looked at him then at boys.

"Hmm I have no idea what my old man looked like in my age, he doesn't have any pictures and it's not like he cares much for me anyway." Leon looked sad and angry at the same time. "Well that's the past. Don't worry about me. My Bisharp is currently helping my brother on a mission so I won't be able to fight alongside it anyway." Leon turned towards Clint. "Thank you for your concern but I'm fine. My name is Leon by the way."

The cowgirl smiled, setting down her plate next to Emily and kneeling down to pet her Growlithe. Ruddie barked happily, jumping around as Jenny pet him. She was about to roll around and play with Ruddie herself, just like back on the farm, then remembered where she was. That's right, people in the city didn't take too kindly to romping around with their Pokemon, now did they? Well, that wasn't going to damper her mood. Jenny looked up at Emily.
"Yup! This here is Ruddie. Ain't he just the purdiest Growlithe yew ever seen?" Jenny said, happily, ruffling Ruddie's ears. "Ah'm Jenny! Jenny Wester. Nice ta meetchyew!"
Taking a break from petting Ruddie, Jenny took her plate and sat next to Emily. She was pretty sure she had seen her match.
"Ah think ah saw yer match. Yer th' one with th' Wigglytuff, right? Yer purdy good!" Jenny said.

Clint pated Flareon once more then he asked "How do you feel with that Tournament, I would be glad to know also why you want to become the Champion" then he said "Maybe I will tell you why I'm here"

"Hmm this tournament is my first official shot at beating a champ so I don't really know what to expect from the other challengers but I saw a lot of strong trainers already. I want to become the champ because there is a certain someone that will only allow me to challenge him or any of his gymleaders if I become the champ of another region." Leon looked kind of depressed. "What about you? What motivates you to be here?"

Clint looked glad for an answer "I'm motivate to powerfull trainers, maybe I don't acting like that but I'm strong and as you see I really like to know why others want to become champs...money,power,fame,Entertainment, Coercion. Isn't that interesting. Flareon can you go for my Backpack, I left him over there" Clint asked his pokemon and Flareon ran toward his trainer backpack.

"I see. I didn't think of you as weak. It's just that people like you seem to unconsciously suppress their aura and like that they get mistaken for being weak." Leon paused and looked at Clints Flareon. "I guess Flareon was your first partner right?"

"Yes, I didn't become trainer like most who get their first pokemon from Profesor. I escaped from home at the age of 8, I was alone and Scared but then I found little Eevee. He was even more scared than me so I took care of him" Clint said as Flareon returned to them, he pated him and said "Thank you" He stood up "After I escaped I had contact only with my older Brother, So you can say that I had hard childhood" Clint ended with a smile and he took up Flareon on his hands again.

Emily nodded. "Yep that was me." She said " It wasn't much to it. I just figured out his weakness and used it against them. " She lifted a finger. To defeat your enemies you must know them. My grandfather told me that. " She let out a breath. "So what about you cow girl. Tell me about yourself."

" well I'll let you both be. " Drew said before handing both of them his card. "If either of you see anything out of the ordinary let me know." He said before walking away.

"Sounds like you had to go through some rough times. Compared to that the constant power struggles with my old man are nothing. But to look at the positive site of this it made you strong enough to compete with the best. " Leon was kind of shocked as he heared Clints backstory. He turned to Drew who was about to leave and nodded in his direction. 'Out of the ordinary huh?' Leon thought to himself. 'Maybe I should tell him about the troubles in my home region.'

"Maybe I schould tell him about some called gods Fanatic who is in this competition... Or not, I feel that he could be interesting. I don't care who is he until I have fun and he don't hurt my friends" said Clint when he waved for goodbye to Drew then he felt someone's hand on his shoulder "Brother, what I told you about suprising me like that" Clint said to Red haired guy in Blue Jacket "Sorry Clint, I Just wanted to say Hi and to ask what about little performance on the arena" Clint's Brother asked "They would be too suprised, anyway Karma. I want you to meet Leon. Leon, this stupid Older guy behind me is Karma" Clint said with poker face. Flareon jumped from Clint hand to greet Karma. "Hello there" Karma told to Leon.

Last edited:
Jenny raised an eyebrow.
"So yew can figure out mah weakness?" Jenny asked. A moment later, Jenny smiled. "Naw, I'm jes jokin' with yew. Ta be honest, there ain't really much ta say about me. Ah'm jes a ranch girl with an interest in battlin' that wants t' move ta Johto and set up her own ranch. That's th' dream, anyway."
Jenny petted Ruddie as she said this, occasionally taking a bit of food.
"What about yew? What're yew battling fer?" Jenny asked. Ruddie perked up, sensing something. There was another fire type here! The Growlithe looked around the room before seeing Clint's Flareon. Barking happily, the Growlithe bounded over to the Flareon.

Clint saw a Growlithe who was bothering his Flareon "Hi little guy, you got lost" he said to him "Better be careful, Clint. He may be aggressive... Anyway, I must go bye" Karma said and he left them. "Bye... And now you have to be someone's pokemon, don't you" Clint said to pokemon and he pated him then Flareon came to him and watched him carefuly.

"Hey Karma nice to meet you." Leon greeted Clints older brother. As he noticed the Growlithe he turned towards the direction it came from and saw Emily with a girl he knew next to nothing about. "I guess that Growlithe belongs to one of these girls over there." Leon said pointing towards the girls.

"Then maybe we should go to them" Clint said and he came to the girls pointed by Leon "Good morning, Does this Growlithe belong to one of you" he said with smile to them Flareon slowly followed his trainer and sat next to him. Clint also thought about what Karma asked him. "Do the performance... Yes maybe that will be interesting even if he know that I hate that" he said in mind to himself.

" that cute growlithe belongs to her." She said. She looked at Leon. " Good to see you again daddy issues." She said with a smirk before turning back to Jenny. "I battle to learn. Everyone has something different about them. Best way to learn about people is to see how they would react in stressful situations." She said then smiled. "Also it's fun when I knock some cocky bastard on his ass." She looked at the new guy. "I'm Emily and she is Jenny." She said.

Heracles to an abandon area when he put a pair of glasses on. in an instant he saw a room shrouded in light and twelve figures surrounded a table. The one at the head of the table looked at Heracles. "My son, what do you have to report?"

"Lord Zeus." Hercules said as he bowed. " I have one the first match of the tournament. As I continue to push forward I will win this tournament. All the money will go to your plan. Soon these regions will know what it's like to go up against gods." He said.

Zeus nodded. " Good keep us informed of your progress." He said.

Allen looked at Merlin. " I probably couldn't get close to the man. Even if I wanted too I'm just so worthless."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bellamy was playing with Blaze, Ren remained asleep on he shoulder, as he was playing with her he had been listening to the others conversation, they seemed interesting enough, he decided not to say anything and just continued to throw a ball around as Blaze chased it

"Nice to meet you, I'm Clint Skyscale" Clint introduced himself to girls. After a while he found out that he probably doesn't look good. He looked at his Flareon, Flareon looked at him, after a few seconds "How do you feel about tournament, Why do you want to become Champion" He asked them as he did with everyone, Flareon stood up and was running around.

Leon glared at Emily. "I wonder how long it took you to come up with that totally new nickname for me. You are like the first person to ever point that out to me." He replied sarcasticly.

"Oh, then you are his friend, looks like I met many interesting people" said Clint and he looked at the Leon "What do you mean, when you called Leon 'daddy issues'" Clint asked Emily. Flareon sat down next to Girls and started staring at them, he probably thought that he can get something to eat "Flareon, what I said about begging for meal" Clint said to his pokemon.

Emily gently slid a piece of meat towards the flareon. " We're more like acquaintances." She said being honest with the person. "Judging by how he was speaking to his farther I was able to put two and two together." She said. "That simple. I'm able to read people helps me formulate strategies against them. As for why I'm participating it's for practice. I'm planning on participating in the world tournament in about four years."

Clint saw that is already time for 2 round. "I hope that I will see you after second round so... Don't lose just yet" he said to everyone and he walked away with Flareon. He found Karma who was sitting on the bench "Hi, stupid Karma. Do you know something about that Heracles guy" said Clint to his Brother "Hi Clint, that was hard but I probably found out something. {after some time of the cornversation} What will you do with this information" Karma asked.
"Completely nothing" He answered "in this tournament I met some interesting people who I could call someday a friends... The rest of them are toys, Fate gived them to me to be my toys but if someone will hurt my Friends, then he will meet my evil side" Clint explained to his Brother "I will go now to search for new informations that could be useful for you" and Karma left Clint who was sitting on the bench with his Flareon.

"Oh, fer shame Ruddie! Have yew been cause'n a ruckus again? Ah thought ah told yew not ta do that!" Jenny said, kneeling down to the level of her Growlithe. Ruddie barked happily, completely oblivious to whatever his trainer was saying. Jenny looked down at her Growlithe before smiling and shaking her head, petting Ruddie.
"Ah'm really sorry if he caused yew a bit of trouble." Jenny said. She looked at Emily, then at the trainer she had called 'daddy issues'. "Do... Yew two know each other?"

" We talked yesterday." Emily said as she smiled at her. " I tried to get into his head and he shut me out." She said honestly. "

"Attention." Drew said threw the intercoms the next round will about to start look at her comunicators to see when you fight. This will be a three on three round so be ready for a fight. the first match starts in ten minutes." He said.

Clint looked at the screen "So, the best batle will be the last" he said to himself "Maybe we schould wish luck for Leon" he pated his Flareon then he saw "3v3, I schould change my team probably... Alright I will go now" he stood up and his Flareon did it also then he came to nearby PC.

"So I'm up first again. Let's do this!" Leon was pumped to get his second match going. His opponent was a boy around his age called Vincent. The fight began with both of them sending out their first Pokemon, Scyther for Leon and Venusaur for Vincent. "Scyther use X-Scissor then follow it up with Aerial Ace!" Leon ordered his Scyther. "Venusaur use Sludge Bomb!" Vincent tried to tell Venusaur to counter but it was too slow and got hit head on by Scyther. "Venusaur hang in there! Use Outrage!" Vincent used a desperation strategy. "It's futile. Scyther end it with Aerial Ace." Leon was confident in Scythers abilities and so Scyther took down Venusaur with no problem. "Venusaur return! Go Charizard! Use Flamethrower!" Vincent decided to let Charizard fight. "Scyther dodge with Aerial Ace and use Night Slash!" The attack hit one of Scythers wings and slowed it down significantly. "Charizard Finish it with Fire Blast!" Scyther too the attack head on but was still standing. "Scyther thats enough come back!" Leon withdrew Scyther despite it not fainting yet. "Thats a pretty sturdy Scyther you have there mate." Vincent remarked. "Yeah it's my strongest Pokemon and a long time friend of mine. Rhydon your turn!" Leon replied. "Charizard Focus Blast!" Vincent was sure he had the Rhydon beat already. "Rhydon defensive Megahorn and then Rock Slide!" Leon knew exactly how to counter Charizards attack. "What the hell? That's the first time that someone used an offensive move for defense." Vincent was shocked and even more so after his Charizard hit the wall behind him and fainted. "Charizard return! Go Blastoise!" Vincent started to get a little angry becuase both of his Pokemon were beaten so easy. "So you have all three starters of Kanto. Return Rhydon." Leon decided to make a tactical switch. "Go Snorlax! Body Slam!" Snorlax got up from the ground and started to run towards Blastoise. "Stop it with Hydro Pump!" Vincent started to panic a little. The Hydro Pump clashed with Snorlax and for a short period of time Snorlax couldn't move forward. "Come on Snorlax keep pushing!" Leon believed in Snorlax and it started to push the attack back. Blastoise on the other hand started to loose stamina and shortly before Snorlax reached it the Hydro Pump stopped and Blastoise got hit by a full force Body Slam. "Great Job Snorlax now end it with Double Edge!" Leon decided to end the fight. "Vincent has no more Pokemon left so Leon wins!" The Referee anounced. "That was a good fight Vincent. I hope I see you again in another region." Leon said and left the arena afterwards.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bellamy walked up to his opponent he sent out Machamp and the opponent sent out Snorlax, the Snorlax used Belly Slam slam, Bellamy shouted "Machamp dodge and use Hammer Arm" the Snorlax went down. The opponent was stunned by this but sent out their Flareon. The Flareon charged forward using Flame Charge, Machamp dodged and Bllamy said "use Vital Throw" sending the Flareon flying, Bellamy then said use Power Up Punch, frustrated the opponent sent out Charizard. It used flamethrower and Bellamy said "use Bullet Punch to defend and then use Hammer Arm". Charizard went down and the Referee said "Daniel has no pokemon left, Bellamy wins."

Levi Crowell stepped up onto the small fighting podium, looking out at the flat grassy arena ahead of him. A deep look of determination washed across his face as his opponent stepped out. Tiberious 'Tiger' Marvus, a pokemon adventurer with easily ten more years of of experience than Levi stepped up on the other podium.

"Well, lets see what you got, Tiger.....no, no im not gonna call you that, thats just wrong. Just send out your pokemon. Go, Striker!" THe boy shook off his opponents somewhat disturbing title as a large Crobat exited the pokeball he launched at the battlefield.

"You dare disrespect my title?!?! Ill crush your little bat! Go, Fearow!" Roared the more vicious looking opponent as he cast his pokemon into battle.

"Striker, use Air Slash!" Levi commanded, his Crobat batting its wings to cause blade like blasts to emit towards Fearow at high speeds.

"Fearow! Mirror Move!" Tiger commanded, his Fearow mimicking Striker's actions to launch out blades of wind that countered his own, causing a large explosion to occur.
"Not bad kid, one strong Crobat you got there. But not good enough." Tiger stated flatly, Fearow charging forward to continue its attack.

Drew announced what was going on to the people at home like any announcer would. Emily sat in the bleachers as she watched the battle.

Clint returned from Pokemon Center and he sat on a bench, he and his Flareon waited for next pokemon battle. "Now let's see that little guy, I can't wait when his true plan will begin... I want to see how his dreams ends" he said to himself when he remind his conversation with Karma.

Heracles walked to the stadium. He smirked as he looked at his opponent. " You will lose today." He said.
The opponent took a step backwards as he fumbled for.his ball. While he did Heracles sent out Charizard.
The battle was quick as the opponet tried to counter Heracles attacks but couldn't land anything as the burning charizard koed his entire team. "Rrturn." Heracles said as he walked off the stage.