• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Great Expedition

would you do this IRL?

• yay

• nay

• yum, I could really eat a cookie right now.

• pass me a cookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
There was a legend. The legend read,
"There is a great land of fortune and wealth. The pokemon that live there live in immeasurable luxury, and are friendly to outsiders."

One pokemon was tired of life in the Kingdom of Granlallan, and wanted something new. Hearing the legend, he decided to search for the great land of fortune and wealth, but he did not know how long it would take, or what would stand in his way.

Even though he wanted to, he could not do it. He posted flyers around the village Pahsalun, which also was a border town.

RULES:

• No people, this is a pokemon-only game.
  • Don't question the names, I used my own language known as Pahlingo to make them.
  • You can have up to 3 characters.
  • Swearing and violence are allowed, but in moderation.
  • Romance, up to making out, is allowed, and ENCOURAGED.
  • Put o o f in your bio
  • Your character has to be older than 15, but younger than 30.
  • Fakemon kind of allowed (ask me)
  • HAVE FUN.
BIO FORM:

(Feel free to change it!)
Name:
Gender/Sexuality:
Species:

Personality:
Appearance:

Other/Notes:

CURRENT STATUS:

THE SHIPS (The Most Important Section):
o o f

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
BIO FOR JAMES
Name: James
Gender/Sexuality: Male (Cisgender, Heterosexual)
Species: Dewott
Reason to Join The Party: Wants to explore and be free; tired of the status quo; and he is the leader
Personality: Really cool guy to hang out with. Not shy, but not outgoing. Though, because he is still a teenager, he can become sad/mad almost randomly.
Appearance: Regular Dewott, but floofy and wears a green bandana.
Other/Notes: If he falls down, he actually just says "o o f." Nicknamed himself 'The Floob Man'.

Here's what I got ^>^
Name: Joel Frido
Gender/Sexuality: Male (Bisexual)
Species: Buizel
Reason to Join The Party: Wants to help other, go on an adventure, start a new life elsewhere

Personality: Joel is a very nice guy, he also cares for many people and enjoys helping others, he also is relatively harmless and friendly, however, he is quite shy and doesn't talk a lot.
Appearance: Link

Other/Notes:
-Joel is a one of a kind musician, he enjoys playing the acoustic guitar.
-Joel is not a fighter, he is rather a pacifist or diplomatic person.

Name: "Kinesis"
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Unknown
Species: Espeon
Reason to Join The Party: Encouraged to by her parents. Due to family tradition of Eeveelution, once you evolve you're automatically considered an adult by the rest of the household. Plus, Kinesis wants to learn more about the world.

Personality: Extremely quiet and occasionally mumbles. Her sentences sometimes don't make a lick of sense, but Kinesis doesn't mind being told to speak clearly. Kinesis' thought process is more out there, mostly reflected by her curiosity.
Appearance: Link

Other/Notes:
- Doesn't know what an "o o f" is.
- Always wears bandanna over her forehead jewel. She doesn't talk about it.
- Interesting fighting style; Kinesis combines her psychic abilities into mid-ranged combat. She's slightly more defensive than offensive.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
This sounds pretty cool, plus I am trying to expand my RPing.

Name: Nijima

Gender/Sexuality: Male/Straight

Species: Sigilyph

Age: While I would like to put his age over 1000(Pokédex Entry), ill put him as 28.

Reason to Join Party: While he would like to go on an expedition, he also wants to practice his doctoring and medical skills. He can put up a great offensive line as well.

Personality: He is very considerate and kind, but doesn’t show it, as he’s normally neutral. In danger, he is very offensive and determined, but will care for other Pokémon if injured.

Appearance: He’s quite bigger than most Sigilyph, and has a reddish eye instead of a blue one. He also carries around a medic bag.

Other notes:
-has been studying in the medical field for 12 years
-has a mystic voice
-is scared of Cofagrigas and Chandelure
-just in case, his ability is Tinted Lens, and he’s the nature that lowers his attack but raises his defense

Just a question, if I get accepted, will it be like the anime where you can have more than 4 moves?

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Cool, accepted. And yes, all of my role-plays are like that. I just feel that the limit of four moves is just an arbitrary video game number. One more person to join, and we could get started.

EDIT: I'm going to start the RP tomorrow morning, if someone else doesn't join sooner. :)

Last edited:
Boop !! I'm in )(^<^)(

Name:
Mark
Gender/Sexuality: Male/STRAIGHT !!!!!!
Species: Nidorino
Reason to Join The Party: Since the place is filled with riches, he would come with and hoping to take back some for his necessitous family, though he could be helpful in the expedition too with his crafting skills

Personality: Mark is lacking some social conversation skills, he's autistic as he had no one to talk to when he went to school as a kid, his friends would tease him about being a loser and doesn't have any money, they've sometimes insulted his family too. But Mark is a nice guy, he's up to helping others and making people smile, he's a good partner, friend, companion.
Appearance: Mark looks like an ordinary Nidorino, but he has a purple scarf with a birth mark which looks like a little water droplet. His eyes are blue and he has less venom in his horns as others of his kind, but he's a little faster then other Nidorinos

Other/Notes: His family is really poor and needs some sort of currency to spend so they can afford better things for their harsh life, since Mark heard of this expedation, he decided to find a way to change his life and his family's life

OOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I don't want to start anything, but real quick:
Mewtwo is classified as a Mythical/Legendary, so we aren't suppose to use him anyway.

Ditto isn't really a GMO... I think. There's nothing about Ditto being created by humans to begin with.

Okay. I'm done. Let's get on with this before we accidentally start fighting.

Name: Floss
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Heterosexual
Species: Buneary
Reason to Join The Party: Wants to escape from the boring algorithms of suburban life. She has always had an adventurous spark within her and she very much enjoys discovering new places.
Personality: Floss is bubbly, chirpy and flirty, and always looks on the bright side of things. She hates seeing people down in the dumps and will often do whatever is necessary to cheer them up.
Appearance: She is a Shiny Buneary with a Focus Sash tied around her neck. She has very pretty magenta eyes and buck teeth.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Name: Floss
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Heterosexual
Species: Buneary
Reason to Join The Party: Wants to escape from the boring algorithms of suburban life. She has always had an adventurous spark within her and she very much enjoys discovering new places.
Personality: Floss is bubbly, chirpy and flirty, and always looks on the bright side of things. She hates seeing people down in the dumps and will often do whatever is necessary to cheer them up.
Appearance: She is a Shiny Buneary with a Focus Sash tied around her neck. She has very pretty magenta eyes and buck teeth.

Henlo, it's you again. Accepted :)

Seems like everyones dead
At my time, it's 7:30 on a Saturday. I only just woke up. Be patient man.

Name:Flame
Sexuality:None (He’s a kid.)
Species:Charmander
Reason to Join The Party:He was lured out by a Hypno, when he was 10, searching for his parents, he came across you guys, and asked to join... For no reason that you know.
Level:14

Personality:Timid, but brave if encouraged
Appearance: [DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER. You are not allowed to use images that you did not make yourself or were not made for you!]

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.
Zeraora is a Mythical Pokemon and may NOT be used. It's not even entirely properly released yet, either! So no, I had to remove that nonsense. Feel free to make a new character that doesn't break our rules.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Everyone's going to have to edit their posts that interacted with him to remove assorted references to the Zeraora nonsense. Also, I strongly suggest all of you read our RP forum rules and our global rules - for example, had you read the rules you have known exactly what Ask to Join RPs are, and Leo Akuzarii wouldn't have randomly spammed "Anyone alive?" "Welp guess you're all dead", etc - because that is SPAM. Remember - Forums are not Discord, they are not an immediate form of communication, people post on their own time and discussion threads are for actual discussion of the RP and not to be a random chat room.

I plan on joining if your still accepting. (I know it says open, but it seems full)
Also...
I don't want to start anything, but real quick:
Mewtwo is classified as a Mythical/Legendary, so we aren't suppose to use him anyway.

Ditto isn't really a GMO... I think. There's nothing about Ditto being created by humans to begin with.

Okay. I'm done. Let's get on with this before we accidentally start fighting.
Ditto is GMO, as it was a failed clone of Mew to Mewtwo. Kinda like how Porygon2 is a GMO of Porygon.

Name: Zaria Akiyama
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Bisexual
Species: Zorua
Reason to Join The Party: Zaria, being extremely adventurous, wanted to go on.. an adventure, obviously!

Personality: Zaria is a cocky, mischievous and playful Zorua. She's immature most the time, playing pranks whenever she can. She can be mature, depending on the situation.
Appearance: Zaria is smaller than the average Zorua by quite a bit, (oof) but except from that, she looks like an ordinary Zorua.

Other/Notes:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Accepted, you actually join just in time. Just make sure you have supplies already, because we spent two IRL days shopping.
ANNOUNCEMENT: No more members will be accepted, sorry.