• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Future of Pokemon - I'm a genius.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
My god, i'm the best. Check the main page if you havn't already.

Back? Good, now prepare to be overwhelmed with just how great i am. ^^

This rules out completely any chance the game has of being on the next Gameboy but puts it in the perfect position for being on the DS.

Gen 4 = On DS. Dr Oak gets 1 point.

There will be ONE Pokemon Game for the DS, that is for sure. In fact, it's most likely a launch title too - considering the fact that Pokemon = sales and the DS needs that to make it the success that people are expecting.

Pokemon Dash = Launch Title in Japan. Dr Oak gets another point.

This year

* Pikachu DS

The Pokemon DS game hits the shelves next month.

The only thing i fall down on is the fact that it's not the Pikachu demo expanded - as Nintendo did say they were doing in the summer. It looks more like they took the idea of Pikachu being the star and completely changed everything else.

Currently i'm standing at 3 points. Maybe 2 and a half if you want to be picky.

We'll see how time goes on how well i do for the rest.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is so sweet! Gen 4 announced already? Man, I can't wait to see what these games are about! :D

You think the touch-pad will have any cool new implications? I can only imagine the possibilities... Whee. I admit defeat ^^

Btw - Pokemon Dash looks cute. I still may not end up buying it but it's definitely worth a rent. I wonder if any other Gen 4 pokes will make an appearence?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There's a show tonight in Seattle for Nintendo and the DS. (Shigsy will be there with his Master Sword and Shield again to promote 4Swords). It will feature, and i quote:

The company also plans to reveal that you'll be able to download games wirelessly from one another and play them together, allowing DS owners to engage in multiplayer using just one cartridge. It's a feature Nintendo calls "Game Sharing".

President Satoru Iwata will then announce that time-restricted demo versions of games will be available to download at retailers, and that the console's connectivity even extends to the silver screen; fans of the Pokémon movies will have bonus materials beamed to their handhelds if they happen to have a Game Boy Advance Pokémon title in the DS' cartridge slot.

A new Pokémon game, Pokémon Diamond, will also be confirmed, while Japanese launch title Pokémon Dash will be demoed to the assembled hacks in Seattle, and the president of the Pokémon Company will demonstrate how to unlock bonuses by inserting GBA Pokémon games into the DS.

Echoing news that emerged from Japan this morning, reports also suggest that Square Enix will confirm that Final Fantasy III - the last untranslated NES RPG in the FF series - will be overhauled and released on the DS.

Shigeru Miyamoto is expected to demonstrate games including Super Mario 64 DS and Nintendogs, while SEGA's Yuji Naka will demo Feel the Magic: XY-XX (formerly Project Rub) and confirm that a Sonic DS title is in development.

It doesn't mention Pokemon Pearl for some reason. Probably because they're only showing off the Diamond version? If so, we could expect to have a new Gen 4 Pokemon by the end of the night.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
FFIII? Awesome! That was definitely the best of the three on NES. It even rivals FFIV in greatness. The job system ruled!

I want it... O.O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
First off, I said "IV" being Four, and I said NES for a reason ;)

Silly Yoshi. You're quoting me wrong! :twisted:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I believe i get two further points for predicting both Pokemon Dash's existence and Pokemon Emerald's release date... Now the real test lies in what Gen 4 Pokemon get announced... Even Serebii seems to think my estimation is accurate that something is coming soon - before the end of next month.

Now i'm really interested to see how many points i can rack up on this thing. ^^

I think in pokemon pearl and diamond theres going to be two teams like in ruby sapphire but instead of taking over the world thing there going to be master theives hence diamond and pearl