• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Dark Tournament

Time: The day before the tournament, Late afternoon
Tagging: Salem, Megan
----------------​

“Hand over any extra Pokeballs you say?” Salem repeated after the flushed girl, and frowned. “That seems somewhat unusual.” He tapped his chin in thought for a moment, then, having made up his mind, he shrugged and slung his pack from his shoulder to dig around for the spare balls he always kept handy while the girl finished his registration.

“Here you go miss.” Salem said placing the pair of Pokeballs in the tray on the deck and putting his smile back on his face. “I don’t fully understand the reason but I wouldn’t want to cause you any unnecessary trouble.” He took his documents back and hoisted his pack again. “Would you kindly point me in the direction of the PokeCenter?”

Last edited:
Since it was such a long wait for the tournament to start, Delilah had nothing better to do than to follow the doctor around like some sort of lost puppy. Not to say, of course, that she wasn’t enjoying her company. She was merely itching to battle.

Delilah laughed and blushed a little as Aidinia queried her childhood obsession with Beedrill. The trainer rubbed the back of her head as she spoke. “Yeah, I guess I did. I mean, I still would. Beedrill are the best! They’re clearly superior to even the most legendary of pokemon.” She gave the doctor a wink, “of course, they wouldn’t be at all as powerful without an equally talented trainer to unlock their true potential.

“Speaking of which,” the trainer looked at her Beedrill with a grimace, “you know the drill. We can’t have you out in the dining area, unfortunately.” With a small smile she murmured, “don’t worry, I’ll sneak some food out for you.”

Beedrill buzzed happily as he was returned to his pokeball.

After the two of them found the table and sat down, Bumble Bee leaned forward and spoke in a hushed voice. “And about that guy up stairs...I don’t think I’d refer to him as a ‘hottie’. He does have a familiar face, though. I haven’t ever met him in person, but I think I’ve seen him, or someone that looks like him, on the television before. I think…” She snapped her finger then slammed a fist on the table. “Oh! That’s where I remember him from! He looks a lot like this famous guy who vanished in the Hoenn region. I remember because folks would come by Petalburg City asking around for him. I think that’s just an urban myth, so I wouldn’t make too much out of it. I couldn’t even see him that well since he was so far away.”

Delilah leaned back in her chair and drummed her hands against the table. She looked around before returning her attention to Aidinia. “To be honest, I’ve never been in a tournament like this one.” She grinned challengingly, “but that just means this tournament has never seen anyone like me either. I don’t care what they do to mix things up, I just wanna win! If that means I gotta hand over my stuff, then let the record show that I was the first and fastest one to do it.”

Floyd paced off of the docks and on to land as fast as he could, his sweating was becoming apparent. The harbor was filled with trainers of various age and size and the sound of mild chatter between them seemed to be the only noise you could here.

Floyd saw various reception desks in the near distance with banners depicting different regions on them, people we're getting angry at the receptionists by the looks of things. As he walked over to the reception desk he took his scarf and jacket off, revealing a loose, black t-shirt with an ultra ball printed onto the upper portion of it. Floyd tied both the jacket and scarf to his waist, like a belt. Is became painfully obvious to Floyd that this island is nothing like the snowy wonderland that is Sinnoh, there was no need for any clothing of this kind.

Floyd approached the lady at the Sinnoh appointed desk and quietly asked her "Umm, how might I enter the tourna-"

He was cut off by the woman at the desk, who began to speak in a sharp monotone.
"Trainer ID card and Tournament ID card please."

Floyd opened up his satchel and searched frantically for his wallet, upon finding it he awkwardly handed it to the receptionist, who stared at him with a slightly confused gaze.

Words.

Banter.

People talking.

Dull murmurs in her hear, creating noise with no purpose, sound with no music. Stupid, in hindsight. Cassie realized how much she hated crowds, and useless banter. Even then, when she was still she. A Michaels and successful. Just keep chewing. Gum, that is. It was free, she got it from the concessions stand before the boats took off. She was on the second fleet. Late for the first, but not accidentally so. Everyone was taking the first fleet. Now all she had to deal with was the crew member's banter.

Chew.

Blow.

Pop.

Stuff the gum back in your mouth and chew again.

Look cool as you lean against the railing.

"Mraaaaaawr~" Came the unmistakable purr of a Liepard, stretching her devilishly divine body across the deck. She was well-groomed, and well fed. But Lady, her Purrloin-turned-Liepard, was literally a child at heart without an ounce of maturity. Just what you get when your Pokemon gorges on rare candies. She must've had fifty, but who could be sure? It difficult to tell from the darkness of the nightmarish ruin Cassie barely escaped from alive. And sane.

Fingers crossed that she's trained well enough to win the tournament. Even if she wasn't, well, what'd they have to lose really?

Cassie knew she probably should've brought along Nine, her confidant who'd been with her for much longer and was more familiar with her strategical tactics. And yet, Cassie had always been a sucker for curiosity, and having a Liepard made her wonder what she was capable of.

Even when she was snatching valuables from the crew members.

Well, she was still a Purrloin at heart.

And yet, despite acquiring her not too long ago, Cassie felt a connection with the Dark Type. The Cruel Pokemon. An understanding and common goal that went beyond years of bonding and experience. Lady represented the new her, and it was time she embraced it. One way or another. Though, the move limit restriction was endlessly bothersome. Oh, and the item thing was too, she supposed. But hey, she had a clepto feline.

Docking, the duo touched land, or sand, after what had been several hours. Gum. Still chewing. She took note of the podiums and different reception desks. One for each region. And also the additional words. The additional banter. People talking. She didn't care. Her silver eyes glancing over them with slight boredom, masked by fatigue, but also hiding merciless judgement. Paralelled by the amusement in Lady's eyes, disguising the dark, opportunistic thoughts within the feline's mind. Cassie could sense it, oh, and she loved it. It brought a smile to her stiff lips.

And so, the two strode over to the woman specified for Kalos acceptance parties. Seemed nobody was even from Kalos. Well, if they had regional winners, then she would undoubtedly win by default. How nice.

The muted pitter of Lady's paws upon the platform were in tune with the patter of Cassie's boots, stopping only after they've reached the desk. But even then, the trainer decided to ignore the woman and glance about the excessively supervised welcome area. All those lenses. Like eyes, unblinking. Watching your every move. Boy was that familiar.

"I read the invitation. There's only this Liepard with me, and my bag is full of clothes. If you want them. But that'd be strange." Was the introduction she chose to go with. A very one-sided, disinterested introduction, given she couldn't make eye contact. Her eyes were glued to the CCTVs, watching the lens flicker and adjust, peering at them behind the brim of her fedora. Meanwhile, Lady looked very interested in the woman's shiny pen. "Don't have a trainer card, though... But I have this." And so the Tournament Card was given instead. Why introduce yourself verbally when you're just going to hand them an ID of who you are?

Business men were strange.

"I suppose, I still feel like something is off. I wonder who all we will see in the Dining hall? Why do you feel you must put Beedrill away to eat? I don't think the people here will mind if he is out while you do. I have no intention of putting Alex away." As if to emphasize the point, the Dr. reached out and scratched Alex behind the ears.

Alex seemed content to purr into the scratches as the pair headed for dinner. She was used to the Dr. leaving her out of the ball. It made her happy to know she had such a kind human companion. Alex had never really seen her human friend be particularly unkind to anyone. She was often lonely though. This thought made Alex sad. She leaped into Aidinia's arms and licked her face. The little Sylveon hoped that her friend would find this amusing and comforting..

Aidinia growled and giggled in the same moment. "Alex get down you silly thing. You are to big to be held like that. She's usually not so rude. You'll have to forgive her." Aidinia prayed Alex's affectionate nature didn't cause her to start kissing other people too.

“Hand over any extra Pokeballs you say?” Salem repeated after the flushed girl, and frowned. “That seems somewhat unusual.” He tapped his chin in thought for a moment, then, having made up his mind, he shrugged and slung his pack from his shoulder to dig around for the spare balls he always kept handy while the girl finished his registration.

“Here you go miss.” Salem said placing the pair of Pokeballs in the tray on the deck and putting his smile back on his face. “I don’t fully understand the reason but I wouldn’t want to cause you any unnecessary trouble.” He took his documents back and hoisted his pack again. “Would you kindly point me in the direction of the PokeCenter?”

Megan blinked at Salem a few moments, "Oh I am sorry that is just the tournament rules I didn't make them I promise." She fumbled with his id cards a moment before inserting the chip into his tournament card and handing it back." She smiled at Salem, "sure the poke center is over to the right." She pointed to a large set of double doors just past the desks, but before the large ring archway. "Please enjoy your stay."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The woman blinked as Floyd handed over his entire wallet. She sighed and spoke slowly, "I just need your cards sir." She handed him back the wallet and waited for him to pull the cards out and hand them to her."Also you will need to hand over any extra, pokeballs, potions, and other pokemon items before proceeding onward. Check in any extra pokemon you brought at the poke-center until the tournament is over. After that proceed through the archway for a security check and then enjoy your stay."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The red headed woman at the Kalos desk, eyed the young woman for a moment as if deciding if she should even be here. She took the tournament card from Cassie and added a chip to it before returning the card. Since you have no trainer ID card please go get one at the security office before proceeding through. She looked at the bag Cassie was carrying. Your declaration has been marked and noted. If you are lying, you will not make it through the archway." She seemed unconcerned with whether Cassie was lying or not. "After receiving your new ID card please visit the poke-center to deposit any extra pokemon you may have with you until after the tournament is over."

As Cassie talked to the woman she could see some of the trainers whispering to each other and pointing at her.

“Believe me, I could care less what anyone else thinks about my Beedrill, or any pokemon I have for that matter. It’s just that he usually enjoys going inside his pokeball while I eat.” Delilah shrugged, “it must be how he was raised. I actually didn’t grow up with him. My father raised him since he was a Weedle. I’ve only known him as a Beedrill. My dad gave him to me because Beedrill and I have had a bond since I was a baby.” She held up Beedrill’s pokeball and stared at it for a bit. “...that, or maybe my dad just saw how awesome of a trainer I was going to be, and only wanted to give me the best pokemon for the job.”

Her eyes tracked the Sylveon as she began jumping and licking the doctor. Delilah laughed and smiled wide. “You two definitely have a bond, and she’s eager to show it! I’d love to have seen my Beedrill evolve from when he was a Weedle. It must pretty cool to see your pokemon grow and change.” Still watching the Sylveon, she ducked her head a little in a playful manner. “I can’t wait to see how strong you are in the arena, Alex. You might be able to slay most others with just your cuteness, but Beedrill and I are pretty keen.”

Floyd, flustered but not deterred, hastily pulled his Trainer Card and Tournament ID out of his wallet and gave them to the lady. He also reached into his satchel and pulled out a couple of hyper potions, empty pokeballs and a water stone before placing them all on the desk in an orderly fashion. He put his wallet in his back pocket and quickly apologized for his behavior. "Sorry! My fault!"

"I only have Swift with me today, the rest of my Pokemon are with Professor Rowan back in Sinnoh." Floyd exclaimed as he reached for a Pokeball in a separate pouch of his satchel. He clicked the white button on the center of the ball and it rapidly expanded. A flash of white light illuminated the area around the reception for just a split second as the Pokeball opened up and revealed a Starmie.

Swift bounced up and down on its 'legs' in anticipation as the red gem on its core lit up and started to rapidly flash different colors. A faint buzzing noise could be heard from the Starmie as it scanned its surroundings thoroughly. Floyd knelt down beside Swift and pet its back a little bit, causing it to immediately face him.

"Calm down just a bit, mkay? We still have a whole day before the tournament begins." He whispered.
Swifts core turned back to a crimson red color just as Floyd said the words 'before the tournament begins'. The buzzing noise coming from the Starmie also stopped. Floyd got up and faced the receptionist once more.

Unlike the other trainers who'd gladly accepted the chip on their tournament IDs, Cassie was slightly more paranoid. Perhaps it was her own experiences with chips, particularly ones implanted under the skin, as farfetched as it sounded, that the mere sight of one unsettled her. "Pardon. But is that... Thing really necessary? What does it do?"

And before she received an explanation, the petite trainer simply refused to accept it. Perhaps it was her diplomatic mindset coming into play amongst her tattered labyrinth of a mind, but she proceeded to ask, "I wasn't aware this island has the authority to issue trainer cards. Since, it's not even a region with a governing hierarchy acknowledged by foreign parties." Sharp. She was still sharp. Casually so, as she slipped her gloved hands into her pants pockets. Breaking down the receptionist's instructions and questioning each one of them. "At least, even if I did make one here, I doubt it would be valid in other regions, and I don't want another fine that pins me for creating an illegal trainer card. In conclusion, I find it pointless, and I'd like not to do that, if you will. This Tournament ID would be more than enough identification on this island, no? Unless you sell them freely on the market, not a lot of people, especially with their names engraved on it, would have them."

A pause. She could feel eyes. Lady turned her head slightly to gaze upon the onlookers with a bemused expression.

"Hmm..." Shifting her weight casually on her heels, Cassie moved her gaze upwards to the bright, sunny sky. Though honestly not being able to see anything but the brim of her own fedora. Her silver irises glinted brightly in the contrast of cascading shadows. "If you're still apprehensive about my bag, then please, I implore you to search it."

Unclipping the buckle of her messenger bag, the carrying item slid smoothly off her back, caught in the mouth of her Liepard who proceeded to place it on the desk.

And the eyes. Multitudes of them. Glued to her back. Judging. Condescending. Relevant, seeing how she was probably making a scene.

Too bad she couldn't care less anymore.

The woman carefully took the cards from Floyd, and examined them before placing a chip in his tournament card. She then handed him back the two cards and pulled the tray back across the table to be deposited. "Thank you for coming to the Dark Tournament at Jinko Island. Since you have no extra pokemon please proceed through the security arch to the hotel. Enjoy your stay."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The red headed receptionist sniffed and gave Cassie a hard look. "Miss I don't make or enforce the rules I just check you in. As for the purpose of the chip it is so you can access your room and it allows you to enter the tournament trainer area proper once the tournament starts. I am afraid without it you will be barred from stepping on the field." She shrugged, "like I said those are the rules of the tournament. Now as for the trainer ID I have been told that we do indeed have a league representative on this Island who has given us access to the league trainer database and the ability to generate official IDs. If you do not believe me then you are welcome to take it up with security." She looked at the bag, "I have no need to rifle through your belongings, and no wish to see your dirty socks and underwear. If you are hiding anything illegal then security will find it when you go through the arch, as that's there job not mine."

Cassie took the card, glancing briefly upon its shiny plastic surface. Now chipped. How ugly. Nonetheless, the young woman slipped the ID into the front pocket of her messenger bag, swiftly slinging it over her shoulder, and clipping the buckle. “Hmm… I was just asking some questions. Quite nicely as well. No need to act like I’m threatening to sue you.” She squinted, peering discreetly at the security office. Her tongue rolled the gum about in her mouth. It’d lost its sweetness. Just like life, in hindsight. You got it good one moment, and the next… Utter Tauros shit.

Deciding she’d invested quite enough time at the reception, Cassie turned swiftly on her heel, making a beeline straight for the arch. Lady followed closely behind, looking utterly pleased with herself carrying the woman’s pen in her mouth. Was Cassie going to the security office? Nope. She didn’t need her blacklist to be uncovered. The woman never said it was mandatory anyhow. All she needed was her tournament ID. Fingers ran along the brim of her fedora. She could feel those eyes again. Burning holes in her back. Familiar, tapping a memory in the far reaches of her mind. But she proceeded to scope the trainers who would soon be her opponents on the field. A Beedrill. Sylveon.

She would crush them.

All of them.

“It’s a lovely day isn’t it?” Came the brunette’s lighthearted musing, responded with a short purr from her Liepard. She took note of the platinum haired man in the Kanto desk. Flirting with the receptionist. Clever. That was the only way to get your way with women. Flattery. She wondered what it was he wanted from her. Something he avoided being discovered, perhaps? Or perhaps, she just saw the worst in people, and saw herself in it.

Ha. She was nuts.

Rubbing tentatively at the back of her neck, Cassie strategically avoided the other trainers. Shifting away from contact, slinking through empty sections and scarce corners. One moment there, and the next, not. Her tired eyes gazed forward. Unmoving

Blow.

Pop.

Spit it out.

Pink mush went flying straight into the trash bin, and her feet took her straight to the arch. Pulling a grin, a very insincere, half-assed grin, she presented her tournament ID. “Hi. I’d like to get to the hotel so I can devour everything in the mini fridge in my room.”

"Mrrooww." Lady chimed in, dropping the pen once she'd decided it wasn't worth her attention anymore. And Cassie patted her head.

Just like looking in a mirror.

Last edited:
Floyd thanked the receptionist and put the cards into his wallet. He rushed over to the security archway with Swift following close behind, it rolled on its side like a wheel in an effort to keep up. 'This place is heavily guarded, it's unusual for a tourney to have this much security.' Floyd thought to himself as he stood before the metal gate. He looked around and noticed several cameras, most of them in corners or cracks in the wall. Floyd simply shook it off as a precaution and nothing more, the prizes were worth a lot, it made sense that the people running this tournament would like to keep it as fair as possible.

After passing through security, Floyd immediately stopped and marveled at the grand spectacle of the hotel. A lady approached him and stated in a somewhat happy tone "Welcome to the Jinko Island Resort Hotel. Your stay is entirely complementary including all access to the hotel and room service. If you look on the back of your tournament card you will see your room number. The card will grant you access to your room, just swipe it like a key card. The tournament will start tomorrow at 9:00am so be sure to get a good nights rest. Until then please enjoy your stay."

Floyd began to explore the hotel, he wasn't use to this kind of luxury, he'd stayed in hotels before, but nothing of this grand stature. Many doors lined the interior of the building, Floyd wasn't sure if these were hotel rooms or something else, but he figured he would eventually find out, one way or another. After stepping down the stairs with Swift a large pool like area with dining in the middle revealed itself to them both. The Starmie was obviously ecstatic to see water, it was locked up in its pokeball for almost the entire trip to the resort so now was its chance. Floyd quickly grabbed Swift and picked it up off the ground, holding it in his arms.

"Not just yet, I'm not taking my eyes off you. Remember? Last time you were around water without me, you started a whirlpool and all of the life guards got stuck in it. I had to pay a fine!" Floyd headed out to the dining area carrying his Starmie, he was hungry and food was free anyway. Much to his surprise, almost all of the accommodation was full so he went to the nearest table with a free seat. There sat Dr. Aidinia and Delilah.

"U-uh. May I please take a seat?" Floyd asked them both as Swifts core slowly shifted between different colors.

As Cassie made a beeline for the security arch, she had just gotten in line when she heard a male voice behind her. The voice was soft but firm at the same time and held a tone of false kindness."Excuse me miss but I think you dropped something." The voice belonged to a tall lean man with short blond hair and amber colored eyes that rested behind a pair of thin stylish sun glasses. He walked with a casual swagger and seemed to be dressed in nice but simple business clothes. He had a single piece of pokey sticking out of the corner of his mouth, like some kind of large cigarette. For all intents and purposes he seemed like a casual by-stander but a trained eye would notice the slight shift in stance of all the security guards in the immediate vicinity. It was the kind of shift someone would make if their boss suddenly walked into their room. In his hand was a single card and he held it out to Cassie casually, like it truly did belong to her. On the card was printed Cassandra Michaels it was an official trainer ID card.

durarara_anime_man_heiwajima_shizuo_goggles_gloves_jacket_shirt_cigarette_smoke_blond_95235_1024x1024.jpg

"Hm?" Tired silver eyes flicked upwards during her turn to gaze upon the face of a stranger. Unfamiliar. Threatening, yet gentle. Reminiscent to slowly being suffocated. I don't know you, she almost said. Yet it never left her mouth. Blinking, paying attention to the item he held in his hand. A shiny surface, a familiar face printed upon it. A face contrasting the one she had starkly. Between the faint, yet still present, dark circles around her eyes, serving as evidence of her insomnia. Probably why she was generally quite lethargic. Her unruly mop of hair and the more prominent cheekbones

That person on the card clearly wasn't her. At least. Not anymore.

"Mrow!" Lady leaped off the ground and snatched the shiny card from the man's hand. Looking proud of herself, yet not quite content, she proceeded to run off with it before anyone could catch her. Liepard were fast, extremely fast Pokemon. And they could run forever. But Cassie did nothing. She merely watched her feline run off.

"She'll be back." Was the trainer's response. Waiting. Perhaps, stalling the inevitable conversation between her and the stranger. No sign of the feline. She waited some more. And yet, still no sight of a single spot on her back. "Maybe." Boredom won over, and in the end, she turned back to the man. "Who are you?"

Last edited:
Tagging: Salem, Megan, Cassie, Lady, Mathew
----------------​

Salem looked in the direction the girl was pointing and could indeed make out the PokeCenter around the large ring archway. “Thank you for your help miss,” he told her and started making his way to the other side of the reception area. “Don’t stay out in the sun too long, you're looking a little red in the face!” he called back over his shoulder and waved before putting his hands in his pockets.

Moving past the various reception desks, Salem saw all kinds of trainers. Some could barely contain their excitement, a number of them looked a little insecure, and a few seemed actually angry. Many of the trainers already had a Pokemon out he noticed as his eye fell on a Starmie near the Sinnoh desk.

‘Ah there’s a familiar sight,’ he thought remembering the island he grew up on. ‘I wonder which Pokemon I should use for this tournament.’ He frowned then at the thought of having to leave the rest at the PokeCenter. ‘I suppose it’s to prevent cheating? Or maybe to cut down on the number of bodies walking around otherwise?’

Lost in his own thoughts Salem stopped himself barely in time before he bumped into a cute young woman with wild dark hair and a white/brown outfit.

“Oops, excuse me miss, I wasn’t paying attention.” He smiled apologetically. “Oh I like that,” he immediately followed up pointing at her fedora. “A hat seems almost mandatory with the sun beaming the way it does on this fine day. Very smart of you.”

Only then did Salem noticed he had veered off course a little and ended up at the security gates. On top of that the girl he’d almost walked into was talking with a smartly dressed man behind her.

'Oh, those are some cool shades.' He thought looking the man over.

Last edited:
Stepping back. Her mind worked slowly, but her instincts were still in play, and they liked space. Personal space. Preferably quite a large space. Thus, as Salem stepped into her bubble, the girl had moved away to prevent him from bursting it. Only a few were allowed in it, among those few being her Pokemon, her family, and people she shared a near death situation with.

Her vision came second, as they flicked upwards to gaze upon a second stranger, though not so alien. He was the man flirting with the receptionist, she recalled. Conversations occurred in her head that she refused to speak. The world slowed down, and she simply watched, observing both the men's behaviors, how they differed.

One of power, and one of a free spirit.

Observation complete, and time fell back into place as the young woman pulled on a facade. "It's quite alright." Her fingers flicked the fedora out of her eyes as she raised her chin slightly. Her silver irises were soft, and thoughtful, calculating her next moves. "Thank you for the compliment."

Indeed, in their beach setting, her coat was shed and tied around her waist, leaving only her white turtleneck which ventilated well. Crossing her arms, she settled into a more relaxed position, cocking her hip slightly to the side as she leaned back on her heel. "I don't know you either. Who are you?" Though her questionwas addressed to him, her eyes looked passed him. Over his shoulder, to be accurate.

She hoped Lady hadn't fallen down a ditch or anything.

Tagging: Salem, Cassie, Lady, Mathew
----------------
When the girl looked up at him Salem took note of two things. First was that he found her silvery eyes quite captivating, and second that she looked a little haggard. ‘She must have traveled a long way to get here’ he thought to himself. ‘I wonder which region she is from.’ She crossed her arms and was glancing over his shoulder. He realized she’d asked a question and was still waiting for an answer.

“My name is Salem Archon and I’m a traveler from Regalo Del'Mar, here for the tournament.” He said and offered her a smile and a warm hand. “It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance miss.”

Last edited:
"Likewise." She takes his hand, their touch separated by the fabric of her glove, and gave it a firm shake. "You can call me Cassie. I hail from Kalos." Her hand slipped from his with ease, and there was no more eye contact from there.

Not a warning to be found when violet fur brushed affectionately against her waist. "And this is Lady." Her hand ran lightly down the Liepard's back. Lady had returned, appearing almost out nowhere as she glanced with childlike curiosity at the two men around her trainer. She seemed keenly interested in the sharply dressed man's shades and Cassie quickly checked to see if the card she'd purloined was still in her mouth, unscathed preferably.

The feline opened her mouth to mewl, and Cassie reached down just in time to catch the card before it hit the ground. Her eyes, though she willed it not to, glanced upon the card with longing. To have acknowledgement of her profession again. Albeit, former. And finally then did it occur to her how... Strange it was. "How did you get this?" She asked the sharply dressed man.

----------------
Salem dropped to his haunches when Cassie introduced her Pokemon. His eyes lit up and were intensely focused on the feline.

“Oh how beautiful she is!” he exclaimed taking in the lean form and smooth fur of the Liepard. “I have never seen a Pokemon of her kind before.”

‘So elegant looking,’ he thought. ‘Cassie said she hails from Kalos, would this Pokemon be native to there I wonder? She looks very intense, and intelligent too.’

“I will definitely have to visit Kalos someday” Salem softly murmured to himself. He then looked up at Cassie to ask: “May I pet her? Would she allow that?”

Last edited:
Once again, her attention was drawn to Salem. Intrigued by the way he'd squatted down simply to observe her Liepard. Has he not been traveling long? Or perhaps, were there no Liepard at all where he was from? Either way, the girl was amused. That fascination for Pokemon, it... Reminded her of someone she knew well.

Cassie's hand subconsciously drew back, the trainer card still in hand. The shreds and tatters od her mind could only process and perceive so much at the same time. "She's a Liepard. The Cruel Pokemon. Native to the Unova region." She explained, her voice strangely soft. It simply touched her to see someone so intrigued by Pokemon. Even her cold, mangled heart.

The Liepard herself seemed utterly pleased by the attention she received. She held her head higher, and Cassie would think she was smiling, had she not known better. Purring softly as she took a seat, she watched Salem with her smug, emerald eyes.

"I don't know about touching her, but she definitely likes the attention." Cassie mused lightheartedly. And as if on cue, Lady went and rubbed herself against him!

----------------​

When the Pokemon rubbed herself against him Salem’s hands instinctively went to scratch her behind the ear and stroke the smooth fur on her back. He marveled at the softness of it and how it contrasted against the sleek muscles underneath. The Pokemon reminded him a little of an Espeon, or perhaps an Umbreon. It could be a distant cousin of the Eevee genus.

“The Cruel Pokemon?” Salem wondered out loud, not really seeing it. He looked into the Liepard’s emerald eyes and smiled. “I am sure it’s because you must be quite the heartbreaker, aren’t you little lady?” he said as he scratched her under the chin.

‘The Unova Region huh. Yet another destination for future trips,’ Salem mused happily. He was getting giddy with the prospect of so many wondrous locations yet to discover and experience.

‘Experience!’ The thought made him remember there were still things he needed to do before he could be properly admitted to the Tournament. With a final pat on Lady’s head he stood up and turned to face both Cassie and the man next to her.

“I just remembered I still have to bring my Pokemon into the care of the PokeCenter or they won’t let me in.” Salem explained apologetically. “I do hope to see you all inside. I would love to learn more about this heartthrob,” he said with a wink towards Lady.

Salem walked around the trio but turned back with an afterthought. “I really like your shades sir. You’ll have to tell me where I can find myself something similar later,” he called back, then turned around and narrowly avoided bumping into someone else.

A little while later Salem stood in line at the PokeCenter with a small tray of Pokeballs in his hands awaiting his turn. Looking down at his team he noticed that one of the ribbons he kept on his left wrist was missing.

‘Ah well, two left,’ he thought as he stepped up to the desk, put his tray down and smiled at the receptionist.

Last edited:
Upon Floyd’s approach to the table, Delilah had already turned her attention to him. When he asked if he could take a seat, the Beedrill enthusiast stood up and held her hand out in a preventative fashion as if she were some sort of security guard. The look on her face was one of feigned disappointment.

“I’m sorry, sir. I only meet with one fan at a time, so I’m afraid I can’t let you-oh my gosh you have a Starmie.” Delilah leaned down so that she was eye-level to his red glowing center. The Starmie looked pristine and well kept. It was obvious that the trainer took good care of it. “Hey there! I think my brother has one of your kind as well. Although last I saw it it was a Staryu.”

With a broad smile, the excitable trainer stood up straight. “Alright, since you have one of my brother’s favorite pokemon, you’re more than welcome to sit with us.” She paused for a moment before asking, “what’s your name again?”

Swift's red core turned a pale blue as Delilah stared at it. The Starmie definitely wasn't use to communicating with strangers, unless it was in a battle of course.

"My name's Floyd." He quietly said while pulling out a chair and sitting down next to Dr. Aidinia with Swift still in his arms. Upon closer inspection, Delilahs attire seemed a little bit odd to Floyd, it mainly comprised of black and yellow stripes. It quickly became obvious that she had an interest in beedrill-like patterns. Swift jumped out of Floyds arms and landed on the table, shortly afterwards it turned towards Delilah and the core on its body began rapidly flashing yellow and violet.

"Swift! You're embarrassing me!" Floyd murmured before picking up the Starmie off the table and holding it down in his arms once more.

He quickly cleared his throat and asked "Anyway... What's your name?".

Last edited:
"Yeah, I'll see you again alright." Cassie said surely. Not a hint of hesitation in her voice. And that was because Salem was naive enough to play right into the Liepard's game.

The Dark type. The Cruel Pokemon.

Undoubtedly, Lady was still a Purrloin at heart. And in addition, she still wholy believes she still is. And if there was one thing about Purrloin it was that their cuteness was just a facade. The Devious Pokemon. Added with her trait of cruelty due to a premature evolution, and an egocentric, heartless cleptomaniac was created.

As she distracted Salem with her magnificent coat, the feline damn well stripped him of every single piece of valuable possession he had; his wallet, badge case, and whatever shiny and pretty thing she laid her eyes on. As such, when he made eye contact with her, all there was in her emerald irises was content, and satisfaction. She laid down innocently on her pile of treasure, concealing it with her body as she watched Salem, waving goodbye to him with the flicks of her scythe-like tail.

Once he was gone, the Liepard sat up, revealing the missing ribbon amongst the pile of valuables beneath her, and rolling around contentedly on them with pleased purrs. Cassie had gotten used to this. Turning to the unnamed man, she glanced once again at the card, deciding, what the heck, she could always just toss it out later. "...Merci."

Swiftly, she slipped the card into her bag pocket, before proceeding to pull a plastic bag from another pocket and squatting down to gather Salem's items. "He'll be back for this. Happens all the time." She mumbled as an explanation.

The thrills of owning a Liepard.

Standing, the petite young woman pushed forward, past the arch where she was inspected and cleared for entrance. And then the next objective was simple; check in and collapse on a nice, luxurious bed.

Lady was right beside her, following closely as any loyal Pokemon should. Or perhaps it was because Cassie had all of her treasures?

Who could tell really?

Last edited:
Delilah laughed as Starmie jumped onto the table. She wasn’t entirely sure what his flashing core meant, but she liked to assume he was either being friendly or challenging her to a fight. One way or another, she loved the spunk that this pokemon seemed to have.

Then the question came. The question that sparked Delilah’s fuse.

“Who am I?” She clarified the question. Taking influence from Starmie’s action, the trainer jumped onto the the table and struck a pose. She exploded into a loud voice that demanded the attention of everyone near them. “I am the great Bumble Bee! Bug-pokemon trainer extraordinaire! If you haven’t heard of me yet, then prepare to be amazed. Your defeat will sting worse than the Beedrill at my side!” She pointed to her left and waited in silence for a few moments.

Her eyes suddenly widened as she realized she’d just put her Beedrill back in his pokeball a minute ago. While she could have let him out, the flow of her obnoxious introduction was already upset. On the bright side, Beedrill was spared from seeing his trainer make a fool of herself one more time.

“...well, he’s not here right now.” She made a fist, “sometimes you have to take a break from being the best, you know? But don’t fret, Floyd! You will soon see our amazing talent firsthand in the arena!”

Delilah jumped off of the table and plopped back down in her seat. Her eyes were locked on Floyd, as if measuring his reaction to her hype.

“It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. As I told Doc over here,” she pointed to Aidinia, “feel free to pick a nickname for me from the following: Ms. Bumble, Bumble, Bee or BB. Whatever you wanna call me, just be ready to see that name on a golden trophy at the end of all this.”

Floyd nervously watched Delilah jump onto the table and spout countless poetic lines in an effort to introduce herself. A look of slight shock and confusion swept his face as she sat back down in her seat. This girl sure did like Beedrill. The way Delilah spoke about herself seemed a bit odd to Floyd, but none the less, he shook it off and continued the conversation.

"I'll call you Bee from here on." Floyd replied. 'She certainly seems confident in her skills.' He thought to himself while regaining his posture. Unbeknownst to him, Swift had slipped his way out of Floyds arms and was heading towards a small pool in the middle of the dining area.

Floyd reached for his satchel and pulled out his phone. After quickly flipping it open, a notification appeared on his screen.
"No signal? I could always get Swift to- Come to think of it, where is he?" Floyd murmured as he scanned the area for his Starmie. In a flurry of panic he dug through his satchel and snatched Swifts pokeball out of it. Floyd ran as fast as he could towards the pool but when he arrived, Swift was no where in sight. 'Where has he gone this time?' He thought to himself while looking through the hordes of people that crowded the dining area.

Suddenly, a loud and familiar buzzing noise could be heard from above. Swift was floating in the air, looking directly upwards. His core was emitting rays of various different colors into the air, this lit up the sky in a similar fashion to that of silent fireworks being played in slow motion.

Floyd delivered a heavy sigh and raised his pokeball up towards Swift. A red light engulfed Swift and sent him back inside his pokeball. Floyds cheeks turned slightly red in embarrassment as he walked back to the table and sat down again.

"I don't really know why he does that kind of thing but... he does it a lot, especially during night."

starmie_used_aurora_beam_by_glitterizer-d30ie16.png

The stranger smiled at Cassie and Salem before turning toward Salem. "I had them made in Cerulean City at a small shop called Shades." He turned back toward Cassie, "My name is Mathew, have fun at the tournament." He smiled once more tilting his shades downward slightly. Cassie could once again see those amber eyes that seemed cold despite the smile on his face. Then he turned around and walked away. After Cassie walked through the arch she would notice a small piece of paper taped to the back of her trainer card. It read, "Don't be afraid of who you are Mrs. Michaels, we welcome all the trainers that were invited regardless of their backgrounds. Winning the Dark Tournament can make dreams come true, or the past disappear."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
evanLiaw_pokeCenter_10-1.jpg

The poke center was pristine and very advanced. Their were several trainers in line checking in pokemon, having their pokemon checked up, or utilizing other facility services. Behind the counter was a young man, although his actual age was difficult to determine. He had long black hair, as well brushed as any girls and high arching cheekbones that gave him an effeminate look. He was wearing a white medical jacket with the tournament logo on the back and up front around the collar. As Salem got to the front of the line he smiled and introduced himself. "I am Dr. Nevashi, welcome to the Jinko Poke-Center how can I help you today young man. As he said this he eyed Salem up and down in a way that let him know he was checking out his figure.
FY_hotohori0013.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Bee jumped up onto the table and gave her loud proclamation, Alex Winston walked over. He pointed his thumb at his chest, "no one is winning this tournament but me." He sauntered over to the table with Maverik walking awkwardly along behind. He looked to the side at the empty air when she mentioned Beedrill and then shrugged. "I have never heard of an ace trainer named Bumble Bee. What leagues have you participated in, and can I see some of your badges. I just want to know who I am up against. A BeeDrill huh well Maverik here was getting a bit hungry weren't you boy." The Pidgeot, opened it's beak and let out a cry.

339638_trainercard-Alex_Weston.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tagging: Salem, Erejast
----------------​

“A good day to you doctor. I am Salem, here for the tournament and was told I could leave my friends, who aren’t participating in the matches, in your care.” Salem replied as he gentle pushed his tray across the counter. When he leaned back he took a good look at the man in front of him and decided that this was a very handsome doctor. Surely that must mean he is passionate about medicine because he could have easily landed a job in modeling or the idol business otherwise. Reaffirmed by the thought that his Pokemon would be in capable hands Salem relaxed a little. He hadn’t even realized that he’d tensed his shoulders, but he didn’t like parting with his team.

“That is some luscious hair you have there, doctor,” he said by way of distraction. “I know a Mawhile who would most assuredly appreciate it if you told me your secret.”

Last edited:
Dr. Nevashi, smiled at the question and clapped his hands together, "I am so glad you asked." He leaned over the counter as if whispering a terrible secret. "The secret is that I use Mane & Tailes Pokemon shampoo and conditioner." He leaned back and waved his hands expressively, "I know, I know it's a pokemon product you say. However" and he whipped his head around letting his locks dance, "as you can see the result speaks for itself." He put delicate hand on the tray, "don't worry they will be in great care here. The facility is state of the art, I have rarely seen anything like it and the staff is highly skilled. I promise nothing will happen to your friends in my care."

“I don’t really know what that was, Floyd, but it was pretty cool.” Delilah laughed a little. “Maybe he’s just practicing a light show. I don’t know anything about showmanship, but I say if he wants to entertain then let the little guy entertain.” She shrugged, “then again, he could have been doing an attack that could bring the whole hotel down.” After another pause she giggled, “actually, that’d be pretty awesome too. I wouldn’t mind seeing that.”

Bee leaned her whole chair back and put her feet on the table as a seemingly new challenger approached her. She was stricken by his words as he claimed that he would be the victor of this tournament. After asking for proof of her fame and skill Delilah merely chuckled.

“Hah! Like I need some silly titles and badges to prove how amazing I am!” Locking eyes with the trainer, she smirked. “I’ll have you know that I have none, but that’s just because I refuse to waste my time battling gym leaders who just aren’t up to the challenge. It’s borderline bullying if I’m being honest.” She grabbed Beedrill’s pokeball from her belt and hit the button on the front, making it expand. The cocky girl then began tossing it up and down playfully, like a cat with a ball of yarn. “And your Pidgeot’s gonna have a hard time snacking on anything after it gets a few drills in the beak, so unless you wanna duke it out right now, I suggest you save your strength for the arena.”

Tagging: Salem, Erejast
----------------​

Salem looked around at the doctor’s comment and had to agree that everything did indeed seem quite impressive. Not just the PokeCenter but everything else he’s seen so far as well. He thanked the doctor for his assurances and beauty tips and stepped aside to make room for the next person in line. When he left the building he looked back one more and raised his remaining Pokeball.

“Don’t worry guys, we’ll have some fun at this Tournament and we’ll be back together for more exciting adventures soon enough.”

With that he nodded to himself, stuffed his hands in his pockets, plastered a smile on his face and started whistling a cheerful tune as he proceeded to walk through the security archway.

Last edited:
"Welcome Floyd, its good to meet you and swift, I think he's just really happy, Swift I mean. Who might you be?" Aidinia eyed Alex to see if he would be a threat now. Later would come but she was worried for the overly aggressive girl who sat with her. Floyd seemed innocent and nervous, but this guy seemed confident and maybe a little pushy. "Why don't you take a seat and join us, sir." We were talking about exploring the island and the man who was walking along the hallway upstairs. Do you know him?"

Alex's eyes flashed at Delilah's comments and he stood straighter. "Who are you calling a bully." I will have you know that no gym leader goes down easy. and if they do they don't deserve their gym." He looked over at the BeeDrill and then back at the trainer. "I am not one to back down from a challenge lady." He looked back, "Hey Maverik are you up for a a liitle pre tournament warm up buddy." The large Pidgeot titled it's head towards the sky and let out a loud cry. Alex nodded, "Yeah that's what I thought lets do this, get that BeeDrill ready."

Before things could progress any further two teams of five security guards each surrounded the table coming from all sides.
The blond headed man still chewing on a piece of Poki walked up slowly with his hands in his pockets. "Now now their is no need for such hostilities friends. Their will be plenty of time for that in the tournament tomorrow." He leaned his head down slightly so that his hard amber eyes made contact with each trainer. "Now why don't you two settle your pokemon down and enjoy the hotel amenities. It is a rather nice day after all." While his tone was friendly their was just a slight edge of threat and command to it as backed up by the ten guards in the area.

Alex took a long look at all the guards and the man himself and relaxed his stance placing one hand on Maverik so that he followed suit. "No worries guys, we were just having some fun that's all isn't that right Bee." He looked toward Delilah with that please don't make any trouble look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Salem walked away he could feel the Dr.'s eyes on his ass. After passing through the security archway Salem could view the hotel and all the trainers already checked in. One girl hiding in the shade by the pool was laying beside her Lapras. The girl was around 18 years old and she had long purple hair done up in twin pony tails. (Salem may recognize her as the current Sinnoh leauge champion Amara Landos. The rumors say this girl is as icy as the pokemon she prefers. Her Lapras is named Crystal.)(Sorry for the mistake I mean Floyd would recognize her other trainers might if they keep up with the leagues.)

latest

"Jeez guys really, Save for tomorrow, can't we just enjoy each others company for now? Besides, We need to order dinner. Join us or not but sit down, that bunch of guards are harsh." Aidinia looked a little nervous with the amber eyes of the man who was obviously in charge still on her. She had no idea what to expect from him, but she was pretty sure she didn't want to be in his cross hairs. This brought those hackles even higher on her neck, even Alex looked uncomfortable. Her usually soft hair bristling and standing fluffy when it would normally lay softly. "easy Alex, its ok, we're safe. easy girl" Aidinia calmed the sylveon the best she could.

Turning her attention to the menu she began to skim the offerings, Blackened everything in honor of the island, plantains sounded delicious as did the blackened chicken with a side of jambalaya with a great amount of island spritz juice with its pineapple and orange juice mix into a sparkling soda base sounded absolutely heavenly in the heat. She'd have to try the shaved lemon ice for dessert as well. When the waiter arrived she ordered her meal and waited to see what everyone else would have.

“Beedrill, go!” Delilah threw her pokeball up and unleashed her beloved Beedrill. She still sat in her leaned back chair. If she was going to fight this guy, she was going to make sure he felt undeserving of her full attention.

Just then, the guards burst in. Bee, who hadn’t expected to be surrounded by guards, gasped and fell backwards in her chair clumsily. She quickly stood up and dusted herself off as if nothing happened.

Even with the guards surrounding her, the determined girl couldn’t take her mind off of Alex’s words. They lit a fire inside her that made her want to fight. Not just to prove herself, but to prove him wrong. Despite the circumstances she couldn’t shake the fighting passion.

“Yeah...it is a nice day…” Delilah said in a soft tone, agreeing with the guy who looked to be the leader of these guards. She immediately took a step toward Alex in a challenging manner. “A nice day to kick some butt! Beedrill, let’s get ready to battle!” Beedrill’s eyes widened at his trainer’s command. He hesitated, but got into a fighting stance.

Suddenly, the green-eyed trainer halted her advance. While she was ready to have a battle right here and now, Aidinia had a point. There would be plenty of battling to be done tomorrow, and at the moment food should really be the priority.

“I mean...right. No need for all the guards. I’m just entertaining a fan.” Delilah never took her eyes off of Alex as she spoke. “This guy here was just telling me how humbled he was to be in the presence of a true pokemon master, and wanted to see how amazingly I handled Beedrill. I never like to disappoint someone who aspires to be as great as me one day.”

“...Join us or not but sit down, that bunch of guards are harsh.”

Delilah looked to Aidinia then immediately back to the stranger who had challenged her. “Yeah...you should really listen to the doctor’s orders and sit down with us. Being a doctor, she knows what’s best for your health.”

Even though she was now trying to de-escalate the situation with everyone else, Bee refused to be the first to sit down. She waited for Alex to make his move.

Alex's face went red, at the comment Delilah made and Maverik hissed taking a step forward. Alex gritted his teeth and reached back a hand to once again calm Maverik. The Pidgeot reluctantly let its crest settle down. "The lady and I were just discussing battle tips. See being so new to the tournament circuit and all I figured she could use the advice of someone with a strong reputation such as myself." He looked backward at his pokemon, "Maverik why don't you go for a flight and stretch your wings buddy." The Pidgeot looked at his trainer for a moment before taking to the air with a powerful leap and quickly gained altitude. Alex sat down in the empty seat, "So doc whats good on the menu. Oh by the way my name is Alex Winston." He held out his hand to the Dr. in a friendly gesture.

Mathew just smiled once more with his eyes slightly squinted, "see now I knew you folks could have a nice relaxing meal together." He looked over at Delilah waiting for her to follow suit.

hgch86u.png

----------------​

When he saw the hotel in all its splendor Salem stopped the tune he was whistling so that he could let out different more appreciative whistle.

“No expenses spared indeed,” he muttered to himself, then grinned cheekily. “I don’t think I’d mind if the Tournament lasted a week or two.” He continued walking at a leisure pace looking left and right to take in all of his surroundings.

‘Pretty girls, exotic Pokemon, outdoor pool area, top of the line facilities, and lets not forget the promise of exciting matches.’ Salem counted his blessings in his head. ‘I bet the suites will be spacious, the beds soft, and the cuisine intercontinental.’ He almost started skipping from barely contained excitement. ‘First things first, let’s drop my stuff off in my room, then score some dinner, and finally see if we can socialize a little.’

‘I wonder if I’ll get a room with a view of the pool’ Salem thought as he trotted over to the hotel reception. ‘Another desk, I’ll be proficient at this before nightfall.’ He chuckled and padded his pouch looking for his wallet only to realize it felt suspiciously empty.

“Hmm, that feels a lot lighter than it should,” he commented. He unhooked his pouch and turned it upside down. When nothing came out he stuffed it in his pocket and looked around. “Well that’s not ideal.” Salem quickly took stock of what he did still possessed. All the stuff in his backpack seemed accounted for, and his Pokeball remained securely at his belt. So his wallet, ticket, ID and badges were gone. Oh and might as well add the ribbon from earlier to the list. He turned towards the desk and motioned for the cleric.

“Excuse me! Hello (sir/miss), I seem to have misplaced my valuables. Would there be a lost and found around here somewhere?” he asked with an embarrassed grin.

Last edited:
"Will you be joining us, Sir? I never did catch your name." Aidinia looked Matthew up and down, aside from being a little aloof he seemed a decent enough man, handsome for sure, but a little icy. "My name is Aidinia Moon, What should we call you?" she reached her hand out toward the man. She also examined his physique, She really needed a boy friend. She was looking at every guy she met lately as a prospect. 'Note to self' she thought 'vacations are bad for my focus on my career.' "well, Floyd I hope you like Island fair. Cause that is their specialty. The Island Spritz Soda looks refreshing. I think I'll be having blackened Chicken, with Plantains and beans. A side of jambalaya with Lemon Ice for dessert. What about you guys?" She replied to Alex taking his and in a firm shake. "It's very nice to meet you, as you heard my name is Aidinia and this is my Alex" she said gesturing to her Sylveon.

Last edited:
Crazy.

That was the first word that popped into Cassie's head at the sight of Delilah and Floyd's Starmie. They were crazy, surely, but crazy unlike her. Well, she wasn't quite sure about the Starmie. This woman's crazy was that of egoistic, prideful delusion, she noted. Types that always took losses the hardest. Boisterous, extroverted. She narrowed her eyes but allowed the shadow of her fedora hide them. Upon Lady's face was a look of amusement, but even she shook her head slightly at the display. But what did she know? She was just a newly hatched Purrloin up until a month ago.

Cassie stood quite a distance away from the crowd, noting Matthew being there as well, about to check into her room. Thoughts swirled in her head dwelling the matter of the move restriction. It would handicap her greatly, but not halt her. She didn't win the title of Sinnoh Champion four years back by being bent and broken. She bent and adapted. Thus, as the receptionist checked her in her eyes had lapsed into thought. Possibilities could've been endless with Liepard. But with only four moves, she would have to eliminate and substitute and make do. The moveset could be put off at the last minute, once she'd seen the breed of the tournament, but candidates should be chosen and trained from then. Well, she could always try to play he Red Card strategy some other day.

Voices, but mere murmurs in her ear.

She shifted her gaze slightly to the side and noticed Salem, not too far away. Realizing his missing belongings. A sigh. Her eyes were hard as they contained the thoughts about to burst through her very head. Her boots patted silently against the flooring and stopped once they were in a close enough proximity to the man. She dropped the plastic bagful of things on the desk in front of him, but didn't spare a hello.

She retreated, took her card, and ushered Lady straight to their room. It was all a blur as the trainer and Pokemon stalked to the elevator, down the hallways and into the room. Deep breaths were taken, and her bag dropped to the floor, her person soon after, leaned against the door. Lady had rightfully claimed the bed to herself and proceeded to make herself comfortable upon it while the trainer brooded and clutched her head in pain.

Breaking, snapping, she could feel her mind bursting. Like a recording, corrupted. Skipping from throught to thought with no flow.

'Don't be so low class. Wipe that smile off your face. Don't laugh. Suck it up and bring it home.'

"Shut up..."

Those eyes. She was still haunted. And she realized she always will be. Memories flickering on and off in her head, burned there forever. Horrid, putrid, festering sores permenantly making itself a part of her. Making her forget to breathe and blink. It wasn't Lady she had to be worried about. It was herself.

And yet, she needed the prizes and the money they'd be worth, desperately so. Whatever it took. She would win it. And she recalled the message taped to rhe back of her trainer card.

"...Don't be afraid of who you are."

She had to... Embrace it all.

Delilah was more than delighted to see that Alex had taken a seat first. After he sat down, she sat down as well. It was a small victory, but it helped her better cope with the additional jabs he threw her way. Her cocky smile turned to a frown, as she so desperately wanted to battle him.

“Beedrill, why don’t you go for a flight as well. I think I saw some pretty nice trees on the way in here that you might enjoy.” Beedrill buzzed at her, unsure if she were making the right call. Inevitably, he nodded then proceeded to hover away from the dining area.

“Alex, you say? What an interesting name. Doctor Adinia chose the same name for her pokemon.” She leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms. “I think I’ll call you Lex. Or Lexxy. Which would you prefer?”