• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Chronicles of Necros: Knight Fall

Avian smirked. " Let her have her fun." Avian said as he sat down. " She deserves it." He said as he let out a breath.

" This is a guy who took a sword to the stomach multiple times and had his hand cut off and didn't seem affected by it." The spirit that possessed David said. "sorry for being paranoid." He said.

Last edited:
"Fine." James said, sighing. "But can you at least stop putting all your weight on me before I fall over?"
"Alright then." Falaern replied, setting her feet on the ground and both of them regaining their posture.
"Thank you." James said. "Now, shall we-"
Falaern grabbed James' head and gave him a big old kiss.
"...okay, uh..." Storm said, shocked, as soon as Falaern let go. "Now what's that all about...?"
"Just following a friend's advice." Falaern replied, smiling.

"If anyone should be paranoid about vengeful spirits, it should be a spirit." Resmin replied. "I getcha, and I understand. Now let's-" Resmin was cut off as there was a sudden spike he felt in spiritual activity. "Spirit man, if you feel that then you know the urgency. Mind using that super-strength of yours to give me express delivery to what used to be the queen's chambers?"

A spirit watched and laughed. "Come forth my subjects." She said as dead soldiers Ragrothian/ Hethian/ and black quil alike rose from the dead and started attack. One stood near the bastard prince and the black quill solider. It lead it's army and killed a decent amount of them quickly.

Avian smiled at the happy couple he then turned his head and saw a red silhouette. " Guys." He said as he prepaired himself.

David felt a cold shiver before nodding. " Hey Dave." The spirit said. " I'm going to need to take complete control for a while." David nodded as both of his eyes started toglow. He grabbed hold of Resmin and ran towards the queen's chambers.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" both Falaern and James shouted, seeing the dead men coming to life and beginning to charge at them. Storm grabbed Shadow's bow, firing into the wave of dead risen.

"CHANCELLOR!" one of the men shouted, and Ezequiel saw the dead soldiers coming. The griffin fighters fought as a unit, defending their men and themselves so that they didn't lose another valuable troop.
"What now?! Ezequiel shouted, running into the crowd and slashing at the zombies, defending his men with his life. "Don't tell me the Hethians had something else planned?!"

As Resmin was grabbed, he activated a rune. He sent its effects to the spirit, improving its strength and stamina threefold.

The dead walked towards them taking the arrow to the chest. Avian cut the head off of one of them only for it to continue to walk towards. " You got to be kidding me." he said. " Retreat." He said to the other two. " we can't take these things on by ourselves." He said as he continued to attack them

" This can't be a Hethia's doing." Xavier said as he was attacked by a former Blackquil that turned. his eyes widened. " Councilor I was given this paper before the battle started." He said as he moved his way towards the castle. " Someone said that it was important."

The dead grabbed hold of one of the griffons wings and walked up it. it stood on it's back as it killed it's rider turning him into one of them.

"Like that's not obvious!" Storm shouted, kicking one in the chest to make it fall off the roof. "...wait. If this thing is bringing the dead back to life, then-"
"OH FUCK NO! THE QUEEN!" Falaern shouted, turning around with her spear in hand.

Ezequiel looked at the paper. "This... this looks like a rune sheet. It's what we use to apply the runes to the skin of our men. Why did you have this...? Griffins, take flight! Retreat!"
"But councilor-"
"NOW!"
The griffins took flight, soaring into the air. Ezequiel smiled, stabbing one of the dead and using a rune to blow it up. His magic was returning to him. "If the situation gets bad enough, Xavier, I'm going to use my trump card. But you'll need to find cover for me to use it." The rune that had been glowing earlier began to glow brighter.

David rushed them to the queen's chambers. "Alright." The spirit said as it looked around. It stopped as it saw a book. " I feel the darkness rising. I'm starting to lose focus more. She's coming for me." He said reading it out loud. " What the fuck." He said as he started to look for other things.

Avian looked at the spirit. "It's not the queen." He said. " I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about her." He said as he continued to fight off the dead. he opened a door and motioned them threw it.

Xavier nodded as he fought off the dead. He opened the door allowing the living soilders to go threw as he fought off the rest of them.

She smiled milicously. as she ran towards Falaern. It stretched it's hand out towards her.

"I'll handle things from here." Resmin said, and as soon as David put him down he used a rune to launch himself into the air. Then he sensed a presence. A dark, evil spirit. Coming for...
"Sister! Gods, no!" Resmin created another air blast, dashing straight in the path of the spirit and taking the hit.
"Resmin?!" Falaern said, worried for the man as he landed in the rubble. James grabbed her spear and his bow and used it to knock off a few more undead.
"Resmin, what just happened?!" James said, looking over to his friend while using his bow to hold back an undead before kicking it off too.
"The... queen... spirit... inside... me...!" Resmin said, a rune on his back glowing. "Anti-possession... rune... weakening...!"

As the men dashed inside and flew up, all reaching safety, Ezequiel smiled. He was the only one left on the battlefield. "I was wondering if I was going to have to use this." Ezequiel said, smiling. "You should hear this, Xavier. The foresters are traditionally religious, are they not? Well, we Blackquill are not foresters. I believe in no god, and have no religion. However, I do believe in two things that would normally fall under religion. I believe in angels and demons. Why? Because... I know both personally. Who do you know, after all... if not yourself?" The rune glowed brightly, and something astonishing happened. Ezequiel seemed to grow two wings - one white and one black. He floated up, hundreds of arrows of light forming.
"Return to the dust." Ezequiel said, waving as the arrows rained down on the legions of undead, burning whatever was left of their souls and their bodies.

"Nice job." The ghost possessing David said. as he read threw the book. His bones shivered as he tried not to think of what this meant.

Xavier whistled as he looked at that. " not bad." He said as he walked towards the man.

"Our ace in the hole." Ezequiel said smiling, as he eradicated the undead legions. "This will truly end the suffering of all the soldiers."

"Hrrgh... Getting harder to..." Resmin said. Then he tore his shirt, revealing a glowing red rune.
"Is that...?! No. No no no no no. You can't do this, Resmin, you WON'T!" Falaern said, gripping Resmin's shoulders.
"...listen... I can end this... now... I want this..."
"That's the Reaper's Embrace!" Falaern said, quivering. "It'll eradicate your soul!"
"...and... hers... please..." Resmin said, creating an air blast to propel his two best friends back.
"RESMIN, NO!"
"BROTHER!"
"Farewell, James... sister..." Resmin said with a smile, pounding his hand down on the rune. He supercharged it, and a powerful wave of supernatural rupturing came out.

There was an unearthly feminine scream that was let out, a scream that sounded like a woman being torn apart and ripped to shreds.
Then it was over.
Resmin's limp body fell down, dead. Falaern ran over, grabbing her brother. She hardly noticed what was happening around her.
"No... oh gods, no..."

David walked over to the man and simply nodded at him. unable to come up with words.

Avian knelt down and looked at the man. " Thank you for your sacrifice." He said as he then looked at the other two.

James and Falaern had now turned away from the body, hugging each other in their sadness.

"...Brothers and sisters lay, Weeping for their friends and family, That the battle hath taken."
James and Falaern turned to see Ezequiel landing on the roof, his wings vanishing as the dead had all been eradicated.
"The rivers run red, As the earth itself bleeds, For the souls now passing on. Though the battle may be won in the eyes of man, all have lost in the eyes of the world. The Grim Reaper cometh, To collect the blade unwielded, And demands those who remain to answer - 'What price, victory?'" Ezequiel said, walking towards the two. "A poem written by General Storm - your father, James. Please... step aside so I can take my soldier's body."
"...in his personal storage." James said somberly, Falaern still crying. "That's where you'll find his last will and testament."
"Thank you, Storm. I'll make sure it's found." Ezequiel said, picking up the body of his dead man. "It's time to return to the Blackquill base. Lieutenant Crius. I'll allow you and your soldier to stay as long as you need to. Just make sure that when you return to the base, you're ready to face your brother one last time." Ezequiel then jumped off the roof.
"...Resmin..." Falaern said, sobbing. James hugged her harded as tears began to flow from his eyes as well.
"He made the ultimate sacrifice... died like a hero." James said, soothing both Falaern and himself.

A couple of weeks later.
Avian stared out of his window in the upper room of the castle. It was all over. He finally became king now the problem was trying to rebuild his kingdom. He let out a breath as he looked onwards. He strolled to the court room where both of his brother Thomas waited. He hated how the man changed in such a little time. Thomas looked away from him as if to look past into the times unseen.

Avian sat on his throne and started his day of work.

Leon Tagryn watched as his boats were being made. ' Soon all those usurpers will fall to the true king of Necros.' He thought as he walked into his chambers. From what reports he has received the lion came back. He shook his head as he started to get ready for their invasion.

"My liege." a man said, bowing as he entered the room. "I have a message from Blackquill Council Chairman Ezequiel. A request to come to the funeral of Resmin Crius and the induction of Lord Xavier into the Blackquill Council. It starts in two hours, taking place in Dawnfall Town in the Great Forest."

James was back in the town he had grown up in - Dawnfall Town. This was where James, Falaern and Resmin had spent most of their childhood. Back when Avian's father was still king. He was in the bar that his father had loved so much, reminiscing about the experiences he had had. He reached towards his mug to take another sip of his ale, but then a hand knocked it aside.
"Aren't you too pretty to be working as a barmaid?" Storm said, leaning on the table.
"Stop it." Falaern said with a smile, pulling over a chair and sitting down next to him. "So... the funeral's in two hours."
"I'm glad that Resmin can get a proper send-off, even if it's a bit late." James replied. "Don't worry, I'm not too intoxicated to go! Only had a few sips before you whacked my mug off the table."
"You know my policies about drinking." Falaern said.
"Yeah, one sip and you'd probably jump my balls instantly."
Falaern gave him a slap for that one.
"Ow! Okay, I deserved that one." James said, rubbing his cheek.
"Xavier's also getting inducted into the Blackquill." Falaern continued. "He's going to be lighting the fire to cremate Resmin. I'll be scattering the ashes."
"We should get going, shouldn't we?" Storm said, getting up. "Don't want to be late." The two headed out of the bar, leaving a shining coin behind them.

Last edited:
Avian cocked an eyebrow. " And how do they expect me to get to the great forest In two hours." He said as he looked at the man.

Xavier let out a breath as walked around the room. In the end he knew this was the best option for him maybe it could get rid of the sigma of being the sand bastard. His farther wasn't too happy about that but he wasn't going to press onwards. King Aaron was an honorable man who knew I would be best suited here. Since the war's end Avian and Aaron have done their best to establish a peace between the two kingdoms.

David handed out drinks at his pub. He smiled as he finally found peace him and the spirit of the Siren heir both came to terms with each other and figured out where to go with their life.

"By Griffin. You already know how fast they are." the man said. "If we leave now, we'll be there with half an hour for you to prepare. I assume Lord Harry and Lord Thomas will be joining us? We have two more people for them, so that the griffins won't be crowded."

"Pre-ceremony jitters?" Ezequiel said, walking in the room. "I get them all the time. I'm thankful you chose to find your calling among our ranks."

"Harry's in Hethia acting as our diplomat." He said as he fallowed the man. he looked at Thomas who just looked away from him. "It appears Thomas isn't in the mood to go." He said.

" Thank you for accepting me." He said as he nodded at the man. " I just hope I can live up to any expectations you might have.

"Very well, then." the man said, hopping onto the back of a griffin. "Let's go."

"Nonsense. You've already proven that to me. Elona, though, may be a problem." Ezequiel responded, chuckling. "Now, let's go and run through it one more time."

TWO HOURS LATER.

Ezequiel drew the first of his two katanas, placing its blade on Xavier's right shoulder. "The weight on this shoulder is the burden you carry, the same burden carried by the rest of your brothers and sisters in arms. The burden of defending the people and your allies with your life, no matter the situation." Ezequiel drew his second katana, placing its blade on Xavier's left shoulder. "The weight on this shoulder is the honor you must uphold, the honor that our fallen men and women died with. The honor of upholding your vow, for the sake of the people around you." Ezequiel balanced the two blades, placing them both on Xavier's shoulders. "Now rise, Lord Xavier. Lift these heavy weights up, to prove that you are equal and greater to the task before you. Prove that you can shoulder these burdens and honors, and make your vow to the people as you rise."

Xavier rose as he looked at his new brother in arms. He nodded his head at him and his new people He looked and saw the brown haired man that stood a foot taller than most of the people. He smiled at the man before looking back at Ezequiel. "I promise I won't let you down." He said.

King Aaron Valier smiled at his son. He was proud of the boy he raised even if he wasn't of his blood. He turned to his right and saw the Lion watching.

"I know you won't. But there is something you have to let down." Ezequiel said, as a man passed him a torch. "This is a day of great joy, but also one where we remember a day of great sadness for many. The table behind us hold the body of Resmin Crius, our noble friend and fellow soldier who gave his life to end the queen who would curse the world to the curse of the undead before surrendering her kingdom. As per his last will and testament, it is time to cremate him in front of his friends and family. Please, take this torch. And as you send whatever it left of his great soul to the afterlife for all time, wish him well as you now join the ranks which he fought to preserve." Ezequiel held out his hand for Xavier to take the torch.

Xavier took the torch and burned Resmin's body. He said a silent prayer to the forest god as he turned back to them.

Aaron watched as it was going on. Something just didn't feel right to him. Sure Erin could be sadistic but he knew she didn't know how to use magic. Something was wrong about everything that happened.

Avian watched as his friend burned. He felt great sarrow as he watched. He let out a breath as he kept looking.

Falaern and James, who had been up on the platform, held each other as they silently said farewell to Resmin for one final time. Ezequiel kneeled in front of the flames. "From the dust we all come...

"...so to the dust, we all return. Thus is the way of the Blackquill."

AN HOUR LATER

Falaern was holding the jar tightly, filled with the ashes of her brother. James was standing beside her, as Ezequiel made final preparations. "We're all set." the Blackquill leader replied. "Once Avian gets here, we'll take the boat out."
"You know, we used to run along this river when we were young." Falaern said, looking out. "This used to be our favorite place to go. It's no wonder Resmin would want his ashes scattered here."

Avian walked up to them and got on the boat. He looked at the man's ash's and grimaced. "Alright let's get a move on." He said as he looked at them.

As the boat sailed off, Falaern began to hum a melody. A sweet, sorrowful melody. As the waves gently churned the boat, Falaern tossed the ashes of her brother out over the water. She hummed until all the ashes were gone, and she gave one final prayer.
Then she smiled. "I hope wherever my brother is, he finds peace."
"Same here." James said, holding Falaern tight. The two kissed as the moon shone brightly in the sky above, as the boat slowly returned to shore.

THE CHRONICLES OF NECROS: KNIGHT FALL - THE END

...to be continued...
https://pokecharms.com/threads/chronicals-of-necros-return-of-the-tagryn-empire.17043/