• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Beat Em All Challenge

"This should be good," came Mekhl's voice from the corner. He had been watching the whole time.
"Battle royale-e thing maybe? I'm in."

He walked out from the shaded corner of The Tent and beside Robin and Jagged.
"Let's go." He looked strained for a minute, then finally said, "Actually, no thanks. I have to. . ." He paused. What would he say? "Study. I have to study," he muttered. He walked off and jogged back to the hotel, his Jolteon blazing in front of him.

"Um... Sure." Robin said. Even though Sam just fought, he should be fresh enough to fight. "Go, Sam!"
Robin's Farfetch'd appeared from it's Pokeball, it's stick beneath it's wing.

"Alright then." Jagged said. "Snorlax let's do it!" Jagged said as a Snorlax popped out of a pokeball Jagged threw. "I am polite, you can have the first move Robin." Jagged said.

Robin grinned. Fantastic. He could feel the excitement coursing through his veins.
Sam's using his special stick, boosting his crit chances spectacularly. And thanks to the special sword drawing technique I taught him, this will be over quick.
"Thanks." Robin said. "Sam, Air Slash!"
With blinding speed, the Farfetch'd drew his stick and slashed a blade of air directly at the Snorlax.

"Good first blow." Jagged said. "But Snorlax wont be going down that easily." Jagged said. "Snorlax use Earthquake." Jagged yelled as a sudden earthquake happened damaging the Farfetchd

Robin winced, but not just from the ground shaking under him.
X started the battle this way as well. He thought, remembering the man that killed his Sandslash and Butterfree. Robin shook his head. No, it's just a coincidence.
Still, the situation made him a little pale, even if he did try to shake it off.
"Sam, Leaf Blade!" Robin commanded. The Farfetch'd ran towards the Snorlax and jumped, slashing with his stick that now seemed to glow green and resemble a leaf.

Last edited:
"Sam, escape with Air Slash!" Robin commanded. His Farfetch'd tried to escape the blast of freezing air, but still couldn't quite clear it. The Blizzard attack spun it, and Sam hit the ground hard. "Now use Agility!"
Sam struggled to his feet, and his speed doubled. He began to dash around the Snorlaz unpredictably.

Last edited:
Robin gritted his teeth as Sam took another Earthquake. Weakened from the Blizzard, the Farfetch'd barely managed to struggle to it's feet. Robin could tell that Sam didn't have that much strength left.
Does he want Sam to take to the air? Robin asked himself.
"Sam, Leaf Blade again!" Robin commanded. "And stay in the air this time!"
Sam tried to run behind the Snorlax and attack from the back with a Leaf Blade.

Sam let out a surprised quack before he disappeared beneath Snorlax's girth. Robin stood there for a moment, then let out a laugh.
"Well, I yield. I don't think Sam's gonna be coming back up from that one." Robin said.

"Alright then, Snorlax buddy can you get up?" He asked Snorlax as he slowly got back. "Good battle Robin." Jagged said. "Catch." He said as he tossed a Super Potion towards Robin. "Well I'm going to go back to my hotel room the guys need a break since we didn't sleep last night, see ya." He said as he walked off.

"See ya." Robin said, catching the Super Potion. He walked over to Sam, who had a dazed expression still on his face, and healed him with the Super Potion. The Farfetch'd got up and shook himself off, then glared at Robin.
"Hey, how was I supposed to know he was gonna send out someone 10 times your size?" Robin asked.

Mekhl laughed. From the top story of the hotel, he had an awesome view of the battle. Jagged looked unstoppable. Mekhl didn't worry about it though. After the battle, Jagged threw something to Robin and started walking back to the hotel. Mekhl quickly walked to the other side of the balcony, down the stairs into the hotel's boiler room, down another ladder and into the elevator shaft. Gengar had used trick room and walked right through the wall of the shaft, pulling Mekhl with him. Before Jagged could see, he called back Gengar and sat down in the hallway, his back against the wall. Jett was napping in the room. he had just seen three of Snorlax's moves! What would the last be? He didn't know, but he also realized something else. He had also seen most of Farfetch'd's moves too! His chances looked good. After Mekhl beat Jagged, he suspected that he could beat either Arashi or Robin, and then beat them again when one of them made it to the finals from the losers bracket. He hopped up to say hi to Jagged as soon as he entered the hall.

"Hello Mekhl." Jagged said as he sat down in the lobby of the hotel. "You know I know that you watched the battle." He said. "Why else would you just be waiting here just to greet me?" He said. "And Looks like it's useless to not let you know what Snorlax's last move is since you already saw three of them, his last move is Psychic." He said.

Mekhl smiled. "I figured." He sat down in a suede chair next to Jagged. "Psychic, huh? Good choice. I figured it'd be something like that. Or Amnesia. Couldn't tell. I suppose it's time I came clean, though." He frowned, as if in deep thought, then finally said, "I know your team. All of them." He looked apologetic for a moment, then hardened. "I won't tell anybody, but I suppose I owe you. So, here." Mekhl pulled out 5 Pokeballs. Cloyster came from a Dive Ball, Darmanitan came from an Ultra Ball, Gengar and Toxicroak came from Dusk Balls and a Swampert came out of Luxury Ball. He pulled out a Friend Ball, and said, "This is what I caught Jolteon with, but he hates Poke Balls, so he stays out. He's napping right now." He looked like he regretted his actions for a minute, then concluded by saying, "Anyways. I just thought that it wasn't fair that I have an advantage that you don't have access to. And since you told me one of Snorlax's moves, I suppose I can tell you one of Jolteon's. You already know it has Wild Charge, so I'll tell you that it has Work Up." Mekhl smiled, and said, "Good luck in our battle tomorrow." He then walked out of the hotel, turned right, going to Who-Knows-Where.

OoC: I started a conversation with you regarding 'Legendary Trainers,' so it'd be cool if you could respond.

"Well, here's some interesting information..." A mysterious voice from behind a potted plant said, in the hotel. "An interesting team, but mine will definatly triumph!"

Last edited:
Mekhl was confused. He was walking to the Pokeathlon cafe when he heard someone in the lobby. The door hadn't swung shut yet, so he heard it loud and clear. He slammed the door open charged back in. He looked around upturning every chair, pot, and. . . there he was! Mekhl, being a bigger guy, lifted the source of the voice onto a nearby chair.
"I never thought you'd stoop so low," he growled.

Shiori Fujimoto, aka Karpman, was not used to being on the scared and surprised side. His plan, after listening to the conversation between Jagged and Mekhl, was to say some sinister words, jump out and surprise them, then book it. So he was very surprised when Mekhl roughly grabbed him and shoved him into a chair. He completely blanked on what to say.
"I... Um..." Throwing a Magikarp at Mekhl, he yelled, "Distraction!" And bolted towards the lobby door. Unfortunatly, the Magikarp masked man ran directly into Robin, who was entering the hotel. The two collided and fell to the floor.

"You're going to need a pretty good explanation Shiori." Jagged said holding a pokeball that contained his Noivern. "Becuase if you don't." He said releasing the Noivern. "Noivern can easily practice his move Fly on you." Jagged said waiting for an answer

It was occurring to Shiori that maybe, just maybe, he might have bitten off more than he could chew. But, as he regained his feet, his bravado returned.
"I, Karpman, do not have to explain myself to any of you!" Shiori said. Robin sat up, rubbing his head, when he recognized Karpman and the others.
"Hey, you're that freaky fish guy that battled me!" Robin exclaimed.

"Alright, time for a test of heights." Jagged said. "Noivern, go ten then thirty if he doesn't give up then go eighty." Jagged said referring to the number of feet Noivern would go off the ground.

Beneath Shiori's Magikarp mask held an angry sneer.
"You think I'm just gonna stand here and take that?" He asked angrily. "Go Feebas!"
The fish Pokemon flopped out, glaring at the Noivern.
"Feebas, use Blizzard!" Karpman commanded. The Feebas let loose a Blizzard attack, aimed at the Noivern.
Meanwhile, Robin edged over to Mekhl, confused.
"Uh... What exactly is going on? Why is Jagged battling the freaky fish guy?" Robin asked Mekhl.

"Shiori, you listen to me." Mekhl said, more angry then ever. He grabbed him by the collar and shoved him back into the seat. "Jolteon! Take care of the Feebas and Magikarp!" Jolteon was stuck, though. So Mekhl withdrew Gengar and told him to go free Jolteon. The Gengar used Trick Room and pulled the Jolteon through the door. Both rushed down to the scene. Gengar took care of the Feebas while Magikarp was annihilated by Jolteon.
"He's a spying, filthy-" The rest of his sentence was cut off. Security showed up behind him, cuffing both him and Shiori." Mekhl gave a silent plea to Robin and Mekhl. Then he said to the Police, "You don't understand! He-" The security guard stuffed a gag over Mekhl's mouth. It was then that Mekhl realized that police didn't uses gags. He gasped. Well, kind of. Gag and all. It was NOT the police. Mekhl elbowed the guy in the groin and ran over behind Jagged, furious. He sent out all of his team and said, "Face the wrath of my team, scum."

"Lets do it!" Jagged yelled. "Alright guys out! Beedrill, Greninja, Snorlax, Gallade, Scizor, Noivern!" Jagged sad as they all aappeared. "Snorlax, Blizzard, Gallade, Close combat, as for Scizor and Greninja, Iron Head and Hydro pump. Beedrill and Noivern Fury attack and Boom burst! Let's go!" He yelled as all of his pokemon attacked at once.

Mekhl smiled grimly. His Toxicroak took aim at the police thug, and used Low sweep. Then Mekhl was there, delivering a vicious punch to the face. He threw him at the wall, where Jolteon was. Faster then fast, Jolteon snagged a rope that was for some reason on the reception desk and tied the thug to the wall. He then turned to Karpman and said, This doesn't concern you anymore. Shiori called all of his pokemon back and fled. But something wasn't right. The thug had pokemon. And they were standing in front of Jagged and Mekhl. He gasped. That was a lot more than a party. His whole team squared up against them. But what were they?

OoC: Got to go for tonight. Maybe we can pick it up tomorrow? Go ahead and finish up your post, but after that, I kind of want to be there for it.
Appreciate it!

Robin had been in a few rough situations before. But it had been a long while since something this crazy seemed to happen. He stood paralyzed with indecision as Mekhl and Jagged fought. Should he draw his sword? Should he send out his Pokemon? When Karpman ran off, Robin finally came to his senses. Drawing his sword, Q teleported in next to him. Cherry, fully healed, jumped off his shoulder.
"Alright, what's the plan?" Robin asked Mekhl and Jagged.

"The plan is to flee." He whispered to Robin. "Snorlax return, Noivern, take Gallade, Greninja and me, Beedrill you take a Mekhl and his team Scizor get Q, Robin ad the plusle fly us to the roof of the hotel guys!" Jagged yelled as they executed the plan.

"No!" Mekhl yelled. "I'm staying. There's no sense in leaving if there is no one to chase us!" Mekhl, however, did not get his way. He wanted to stay on the battlefield. He wouldn't tell anyone, but that's where he thrived. Beedrill lifted him from the ground as he thrashed against its grip. Mekhl barely had time to call back Swampert, Cloyster, Toxicroak and Darmanitan. Jolteon and Gengar, being the farthest away from him, were not able to go airborne. Gengar was smart, though. He hefted Jolteon onto his shoulder(?) and jumped. He stayed in the air. Mekhl was dumbfounded. Then it struck him. It had the ability Levitate! Neat. The flyers zipped out of the conveniently large door as the other pokemon that were in the lobby chased them. "Jolteon, Thunderbolt!" Jolteon shot a deadly beam of lightning at one of them, crippling it. It fell, and lie, maybe dead, on the ground. Mekhl turned his head, just in time to see Beedrill dump him onto the roof before circling around next to Jagged. "Why did we run!?" asked Mekhl. "We could've fought them!"

"I'm agreeing with Mekhl on this one. What the neck man?!" Robin said. Q looked angry as well. The Gallade wanted to battle, and he had just been robbed of it.
"I mean, they just tried to kidnap Mekhl, and we have no idea why! We had him pinned!" Robin said.
"It's a good thing I was here, then." Robin turned as the elevator doors on the roof opened. Standing in the elevator was Karpman, with some sort of bundle behind him. He tossed the bundle towards the three trainers, and Robin realized it was the (fake?) Security guard. Even through he was still,wearing the ridiculous Magikarp mask, Karpman had an air of seriousness around him.
"Shiori?" Robin questioned.
"I had Zoroark snatch him in the chaos, and I was taking him here to interrogate him. However, it will benefit you more than it benefits me." Karpman said. He turned to Mekhl and Jagged. "Please believe me when I say Karpman fights for justice. Nobody shall know of your conversation."
With that, the Magikarp masked man stepped back into the elevator.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Arashi was out, daydreaming, investigating other peoples Pokémon and, well, sleeping. He had missed the battle between Shiori and Robin, and he had been sleeping until a loud commotion occurred. "Ahhh! My left shoelace is burning in Australia! Huh? Just a dream..." Arashi said sleepily, yet in disarray. "Ooh! I'm up next!
- - -​
Arashi walked up to the arena. He was exited, nervous, entertained, and...tired? "Mmm...ah! Now's not the time to be tired! Go, Luxray!" His opponent, Ethelyn, sent our a Feraligatr! "Luxray! Use charge!" Ethelyn used hone claws while Luxray drew in energy. "Ok! Now usezzzz..." Luxray, not given an order, hesitated to attack or evade, thus it got smacked down with a Bulldoze! Still standing, Luxray then used rain dance and evaded a crush claw. Then Luxray dropped a wicked bolt of electricity on Feraligatr with the use of Thunder. It won't miss, since it's raining. "Zzz..." snored Arashi, oblivious to the rest of the world. Then the Feraligatr switched out with the opponent's Druddigon as it used Hyper Beam. "Arashi and his Pokémon are unable to battle or send out more Pokémon! Ethelyn wins!" Finally, the crowd's cheers wake Arashi up. "Whaaaaaat!?! I missed it?!? Nooooo! Arg! I want a rematch! Thiszzzzz..." and he fell asleep again.

Last edited:
Name: Derpy

Native Region: Jhoto

Team: Incinaroar, Togadamaru, Meganium, Blissy, Togakiss, Dragonair

*Sorry for spelling errors XD*

Last edited:
OOC: The posts have to be written in third person past tense. Not Present. Please read the rules, as clearly stated on the top post. And anyway, this thread is dead. No need to revive it.