• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Adventure in Johto

https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-adventure-in-johto-discussion.16761/ (This is a roleplay based as a sequal to a roleplay I have been in before!
Anyone is welcome to join if they ask and state a character!)
Name: Akio
Personality: Odd, Friendly, Pokémon-Loving, Funny (Maybe I don't know), Nerdy.
Main Pokémon: Alolan Marowak
Backstory: This kid from Johto was a very good child and this changed a bit when he was 9...
His father was a Legendary Pokémon Photographer and he was on a diving quest to find Manaphy. He never returned as his brother; Uncle Kofine declared he was swallowed by Kyogre! Thus Akio becoming a depressed trainer but keeping his smile around he carried on!

Last edited:
Greetings! I would highly appreciate if you considered letting me join!
This is my Character info, please do give feedback!

Alias: Cyron Lincina Bronz
Personality: Strong-willed, stern, humorous (At times) and reckless.
Traits: Bold, playful and stern.
Appearance: Light grey hair, has blue eyes, 5'8 and 121 pounds.
Apparel: Black cloak, grey hoodie, black pants and purple gloves.

Lore: When Cyron was first born, his mother had passed away, from a sickness that she had suffered from.
And although his father had dealt with it poorly, he still took care of Cyron. His father was a scientist for a huge corporation, known as
Zentech. This industry had highly advanced technology that was passed down to Cyron, from his Dad. Upon growing up, his Father had told stories of his Mother and her grand adventures with her powerful Pokemon, and the Boy was flabbergasted upon hearing them. One day, when Cyron was at his Dads office, a band of mercs had broken in and held everyone hostage, when his Father saw them approach, he had fought them off with his Pokemon, but he was then defeated, and was captured infront of Cyron. Upon the taking the boy heard his dad murmur "I-I believe in you....son..." and he was taken away dropping his last Pokeball. The Pokemon within the Ball was a little Bagon, a present for Cyron. He had used the Pokemon, and the two seemed to fight as one, swiftly beating them one by one. But, alas, he was outnumbered, so the bandits surrounded him, when suddenly, Bagon had leaped infront of the incoming attacks, and saved him. Police forces had saved them right after, gathering the injured. From that moment on, Bagon and Cyron traveled the lands, in search of thrilling adventure, as his mother once did...

Last edited:
(I love that character arc Cyron! Yeah also I know you Teiran)

Akio couldn't wait to get home to show Teiran all of the Pokémon he owns from Kanto and Johto. She had already seen Alolan Marowak, Charmeleon, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pidgeot, Porygon-Z, Shiny Red Gyarados, Noctowl, Duskull, Decidueye, Lycanrock Midnight form, Alolan Exeggutor, Mimikyu and Steelix.

Teiran was sitting on the plane next to Akio, wondering how their journey would play up. "I'm so excited, Akio! I can't wait to choose a new starter, feel a colder climate, see all the new sights. This is going to be amazing!" Teiran said, as her eyes sparkled at him. She pulled out the red ticket she had gotten from Akio, back on Melemele island, and handed it to the pilot coming around to take tickets. "Thank you so much for inviting me!" the now twelve year old girl exclaimed. She had celebrated her twelfth birthday a couple days ago, with her mom, who failed to succeed any further in the Alolan queen run, unlike Teiran, who took that from her. Her brothers, Jacob, Gabriel, Carter, and Luke were there, along with her three of the quatruplat sisters, Ash, Trinity, and Ryan. Ash was now in an Alolan school for gifted trainers, Trinity was somewhere in Alola, and Ryan was exploring Kalos with her new Chespin. Teiran had gotten one gift, and that gift was from her mom. It was a Great Ball, which Teiran planned to use in Johto.

Cyron would sit in the back of a plane, fidgeting with his Pokedex. Cyron got quite nervous when it came to air-travel, so he had to avoid paying much attention, which is why when the pilot was talking to him, he had trouble listening. "Sir, excuse me?" the pilot had asked "Are you okay?" the man pondered. Cyron blinked, the looked up at him. "Oh!" Cyron exclaimed, "Here, sorry about that..." he handed him the ticket.

When the plane had taken off, he grabbed onto his armrest, and closed his eyes. The plane shuttered around, as if an earthquake was in action, the plane eased into the sky, everything stabilized, and Cyron took a big breath out. When the trauma had faded away, Cyron got jumpy, thinking to himself about the grand adventures he will have. And the wondrous Pokemon he will encounter. Seeing as he only had one Pokemon, a Bagon, Cyron wants to catch tons of new Pokemon. Deep down, he knew, that this adventure, will change his life.

Last edited:
"Well Teiran, you'll meet three good people: My Mother, A boy I helped become happy named Silver and my secondary rival Lyra!" Exclaimed Akio taking out his ultra ball containing Alolan Marowak...
"I just don't know what to do when I meet my brother Morty the ghost type gym leader again. Being out of contact for so long he'll probably whoop me with a phantom force!" Stuttered Akio nervously, he was twelve as well now and his birthday was celebrated just with his Pokémon.
He leaned on Teiran's shoulder and looked at his Johto Pokédex examining all the Pokémon he caught in Alola.
"We had some amazing times wouldn't you say Teiran?" He asked.

Teiran nodded, blushing at the fact the boy's head was now on his shoulder. "I almost forgot! Here!" Teiran said, holding out a decently sized box, that she'd dug from her backpack. It was white, and it had a bright red bow on it. "Happy belated birthday, Akio." she smiled, as she handed him the box. Inside, contained some Pokepuffs she had baked, and a poke ball, containing a sweet Pokemon that she had caught.
(Akio, you can choose which Pokemon)

Name: Kyle
Personality: Strong, loyal, brave, witty, a tad bit nerdy
Appearance: Tall, strong, brown hair, green eyes, dresses like Red

RP: "Don't forget me, lovebirds!" exclaimed Kyle from the seat behind them. "Top Coordinator from Alola speaking!" Vulpix mewed from his lap as he said this. If it weren't for Vulpix, he never would've stood a chance! Now that he was going to Johto, he would be able to evolve it and become even stronger! He might even conquer the Contests in Johto!

(Arsenal, you really shouldn't call yourself the top Coordinator, when you don't know who will actually become top coordinator.)

"I've acknowledged you, Kyle." Teiran said with a wave, as she set Akio's birthday present in his lap, and marveled at her own from her mother. "I wonder what I'll catch..." she said to herself, as she looked at the blue and orange Pokeball in awe and wonder. She turned it around a couple times, trying to see it from a fuller point of view.

Akio eyes glistened at the Pokéball, he took all of the stuff out of the bag and said a humble.
"Thank you Teiran, also hello Kyle!" Akio sent out whatever Pokémon was inside and to his surprise it was his favourite Unova Pokémon Litwick!
"Wow! That is so cool, or should I say LITwick!" He laughed hugging her now.

Teiran blushed hugging him back, and said, "Your welcome!", before going back to glistening at her own Pokeball, the Great ball. "I'm glad I got this for my birthday..." Teiran said, as she slipped the Pokeball back into her blue backpack. "I wonder if anyone remembered my birthday...I told them before I left the group in Alola..." Teiran said to herself, in a somewhat sad voice.

The plane would begin to slow down, and drift to the ground, causing a bumpy sensation, bouncing Cyron around. He would almost gag if it wasn't for the landing, when the machine holstered to a stop. The intercom buzzed to life, "Attention, passengers." the Pilot would speak, "We have arrived at our destination, thank you for riding our safe airway travel." Cyron would un-fasten his seat belt, then proceed through the exit, upon leaving, he had mistakenly dropped his Pokedex on Akio's lap.

When he got through the door, the sun glistened in his eyes, as he walked through the airport.
"Well, here we are!" he exclaimed. "A new adventure."

"I remeber-" He began as he heard the pilot speaking.
"Well we better get going." He said grabbing his backpack and returning Litwick. Akio was glad she remembered his birthday so as soon as he got off he would find Whitney and ask her for a gift as they landed in Goldenrod City. He needed this gift.
When he stood up he noticed a boy with a Pokédex, immediately giving Akio the Trainer Vibe. The Pokédex fell on his lap and he needed to give it back. But he thought Teiran needed a gift but he...ah whatever he was going to just hand the Pokédex back and grab the gift!

(@Loxkey you need to use past tense, not future tense)

Teiran felt the plane jolt to a stop, jerking Teiran forward. Teiran unbuckled the seat belt, and hopped out of her seat, into the isle. She pulled her backpack onto her shoulders.

Akio ran behind the boy tapped him on the shoulder and asked
"Is this yours? It's a Pokédex!" He handed it to the boy and rushed to the gym before the boy could say thank you! He ran up to Whitney and asked
"Can I have a special Pokéball?" She gave him the ultraball and without hesitation he took it and ran back to Teiran saying
"Happy ultra late birthday...it's a ultra ball for you!"

Last edited:
(My sincere apologizes.)

As he had walked away, he noticed the same boy was looking at him. Odd... Cyron thought, he shrugged, then continued to walk, looking at his Pokeball, containing his only Pokemon. You ready buddy? He would raise the Ball towards the ground, then sent out Bagon, he would stand boldly, looking towards the sun, suddenly his face had turned blue, and the Bagon tumbled over, spinning around, and around.
"Oh, the plane ride got to you to?" Cyron chuckled. Bagon had arised from the ground, then head-butted right into his leg. "Ghaa!" Cyron had screamed, bouncing around holding his wounded leg. Bagon examined him, then smirked.

Cyron had thanked the boy for retrieving his PokeDex, "What is your name, exactly?" Cyron pondered. He looked at the other two beings beside him, a girl and another boy. He would nod to both of them, then smile. While Bagon had began to poke the Vulpix, curious.

Last edited:
Name: Robby
Personality: he tends to stay quiet and keep to himself. He takes his Pokémon training very serious while at the same time loving them unconditionally.
Appearance: standing at 5"11, Robby has brown long hair and blue eyes. His typical attire tends to be khaki jeans, dark blue converse and a t shirt; today he wears a white v neck.
Main Pokémon: Sableye
Back story: Growing up, he never saw his mother who was a traveling Pokémon scientist. His father was an alcoholic who would consistently beat him and never let him leave the house so he grew up being isolated and to himself, causing lack of trust and social skills. His only friend was Sableye, who his mother gave to him before leaving and was always his protector from his father; who was deathly afraid of his Sableye. At 16, Robby and Sableye ran away never looking back.

Robby exited the plane, back on his home region for the first time since he left. Sableye sat at his usual place on Robby's shoulder due to him enjoying being just as tall and seeing what his trainer sees. Robby observed the other trainers that were on the plane with him, trying to decide where to go from here.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
AHEM.

A bit of a reminder that you're not allowed to police the board yourself. That is called mini-modding and is against our global rules. If you see a violation of the rules, report it using the report system and someone with the actual authority will handle it as soon as possible.

Also, how on earth did anyone in this RP get a Master Ball, let alone enough to randomly hand out? Do edit that out, the godmoding potential that one of those induces is far too great.

(I am very sorry for my actions. I was just doing what someone did to me on another Roleplay.
Honest, it won't happen again! I have read the rules and I respect them.)

(OOC: Thank you kindly, I appreciate that. Keep up the good work!)

Cyron checked his watch, then nervously looked around, seeming to be anxious. "Well, It seems that I best be off, thank you, again." he echoed, then trotted away with the Bagon, at his heels, trying to avoid stepping on the cracks within the tile-plating. When he exited the airport, he ran towards the nearest food-plaza.

When one sits upon an airplane for hours on end, they tend to get hungry, since he couldn't eat on the plane, (seeing as he would barf it back up) finally Cyron had gazed upon a wondrous diner. Cyron rushed into the diner, and had been led to a seat, where his food awaits him. Unfortunately they did not allow Pokemon in its premises, so Bagon had to go back into his Pokeball, while Cyron had munched to his hearts content.

Last edited:
"I do! Thanks, Akio!" Teiran exclaimed, as she took the Ultra ball. "I'm glad you remembered my birthday!" she said happily, as she gave him a hug, and a small peck on the cheek, before putting it in her backpack. She then saw a boy, with a Bagon, who trotted off to another place, that Teiran couldn't exactly see. "Are you guys ready?" she asked Kyle and Akio, with a determined look on her face.

"Of course I'm ready! Come with me and we'll get quick Abra Teleport to Violet City where Falkner the flying gym leader lives!" He said eagerly too meet Falkner again. He seemed glad that Johto was working out and he wanted to get the best the best from his time back home! Right after all this the gang could get a boat to Vermilion City to start a Kanto journey. But first before anything Akio wanted to bring Teiran to where all his Pokémon lived...New-Bark Town!

"Alright! Hurry, Kyle!" Teiran said, pulling his arm to their destination, while following Akio. "Where are we going anyways?" Teiran asked Akio, a questioning look on her face. "And where'll I get my first Pokemon?" Teiran also asked, quite happy, but also really confused.

"Were going to see my Mother in New-Bark Town!" He answered, "There you can get the choice of Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile from Professor Elm!" He knew what she was gonna pick inside of him! He had wanted Totodile but got Cubone instead from Elm! As they arrived at New-Bark Town Akio showed Teiran the lab and shouted.
"EVERYBODY! ALL MY POKÉMON! I'M HOME!"

Teiran jumped a bit at his hyperness, and gave him a sheepish smile. She couldn't wait to choose her starter. And she could't wait to see them either! "So, where are your Pokemon?" Teiran asked Akio, with a slight blush on her face.

"Well they live behind the Lab in the playground!" He told her as they walked into the lab Elm rushed over to Teiran and asked
"Your a new trainer no? Come here and see the Pokémon!" Elm said rushing off the the Pokéballs.
"Here we have Totodile, Cyndaquil and Chikorita...choose wisley!" Elm told her.
"I'll be with all my buddies in the playground." Said Akio wandering away.

After Cyron had finished his meal, he sent out Bagon again, and handed him a few scraps. When Bagon took the last bite of his food, they began to proceed on their journey, curious to what awaits them. Cyron had glanced at a sign that read "Goldenrod." It seems they had landed in Goldenrod city. When he had discovered that, he grabbed his complementary map that he received from the plane that Cyron had traveled. "This way!" he announced, triumphantly. And the boy and his Pokemon marched towards the nearest city.

The duo had walked for quite sometime, until they came upon a huge forest grove, which had noises of rustles and howls, a tingle had went down both of their spines. They approached some abandoned house, and they crept past it, avoiding meeting its gaze. When they cleared most of the Forest, a rustle of sorts was heard, and Bagon had jumped in response, ready for battle. A Pokemon bolted into sight, and let out a fearsome battle cry.

Last edited:
Teiran looked at all of the cute Pokemon, and said, "This is going to be hard." She thought about her choices for a minute, and realized that she best choose the one that she has most in common with. Chikorita seems to be shy, and playful, which wasn't much like Teiran. Cyndaquil seemed to have a tough, hardy, and a little bit fearful personality, which wasn't at all like Teiran's. Now Totodile had a playful, brave, and determined personality, which was much like Teiran's personality. So Teiran picked up the cue Crocodile Pokemon, and said, "Welcome to my team!" causing it to squirm with happiness in Teiran's hands. She took his Pokeball, and leaving Totodile out of his Pokeball, she headed into the back to see Akio in the playground with his Pokemon.

Robby walked out the airport with a sigh. Sableye excitedly stood ontop of Robby's head rubbing his belly. "Don't worry buddy we'll find some food." Exiting the airport, he saw a plaza nearby. Seeing the 'No Pokémon Allowed' sign, Sableye did as usual and hopped into Robby's backpack. he sat down at a small table in the corner and set his backpack on the chair on the other side of the table.

Looking at the menu for a short time, he ordered a glass of water and a burger and fries meal.

"Teiran meet all my Pokémon: Marowak, Pidgeot, Porygon-Z, Venusaur, Charmeleon, Machoke, Shiny Red Gyarados, Gengar, Electrode, Blastoise, Ariados, Ampheros, Umbreon, Espeon, Heracross, Eevee, Golduck, Steelix, Quilava, Croconaw, Chikorita, Poliwrath and Kingdra!" Akio showed Teiran as they all smiled at her. Golduck hugged Teiran and went back to his pond.

Teiran was a bit flattered by the sudden hug from Golduck, and she smiled, rubbing her head sheepishly. "Wow, you've got quite the Pokemon!" she said happily, as she looked around the playground. "Oh, and I got Totodile!" Teiran said, holding out her new partner.

"Wow! I knew you would pick Totodile!" He said blushing. Akio really wanted to go see his Mom so without anything pulling him back, he ran and ran until he got to his house where he barged in and hugged his Mom!

Teiran dashed after Akio, wondering where in the world he was going, but soon found out, when she saw him hugging his mother. She grinned, for the sight of this brought pleasure to her eyes. "How sweet..." she said to herself, as Totodile gushed at the sight as well.

After finishing his lunch and sneaking some to Sableye, he traveled through Cherrygrove city where he picked up some pokeballs, potions, and some heals. He and Sableye traveled just up to the edge of New Bark Town, where he sat down on a fallen tree to take a rest. He filled a bowl of water and put it down for Sableye and took a few gulps from his bottle.

"So buddy, any place you want to go? Any cities or landmarks you'd like to re visit?" Sableye snarled in disgust as the thought of their old home came to his mind. "Yeah I want to avoid there too, bud. You don't have to worry about him." He smirked. He looked into the town of New Bark, seeing simple folk and their Pokemon walking by each other. "Its weird I never got starter Pokemon like most kids.. but I'm okay with that! I got you instead. And I'd much prefer you over any of them." He smiled, handing Sableye a bowl of food.

The wild bug Pokemon would move slowly towards Bagon, when Cyron analysed the Pokemon, it seemed to have 6 legs, a green body and it had some sort of horn upon its forehead. It had leaped at Bagon, and went for a tackle, Cyron had anticipated its attack and commanded "Bagon, parry with head-butt!" Bagon would listen, and just barely dodge the incoming attack. When he had saw an open shot, Bagon rammed into the spider-like Pokemon. It had gone flying backwards; tumbling onto the dirt beneath them. Its not finished yet, though surely that attack did damage. Cyron thought.

The adrenaline had kicked in throughout Cyron, he smirked, then shouted "Now, use Dragon Breath!" a burst of energy would pulsate towards the foe. But the Pokemon reacted, and shot poison darts toward Bagon, the two attacks collided, although the Dragon Breath diminished the incoming Poison Bolts, it had made it slow down, the attack slammed into it, making the foe fall, trying to get back up. Now is my chance! he thought, then quickly grabbed his Pokeball, and tossed it at the wild Pokemon, the Ball would absorb the wounded Pokemon, it would wobble once, twice and then a last time. After a long pause a "Ding" was heard, and it had stopped wobbling. "Awesome!" Cyron exclaimed. "Good job, Bagon!" Bagon then sat down, after the long battle.

Last edited:
After a long chat with his Mom he said his farewells and walked outside to Teiran. Marowak went up to Teiran and gave her a Poké Doll!
"Marowak, that's my...oh whatever."

"Here, Akio." Teiran said, giving his Doll (or ball?) back to him. "Your Marowak has quite the way of saying Hello!" Teiran said with a sheepish smile. "Oh! And do you mind if I use your restroom? I bought some new clothes before we left for the plane!" Teiran asked Akio, wanting to show him.

Even though being a trainer himself, he's never been inside the small town. Most trainers he encounter have either lived here, by region tradition, or come here to start his journey. He was curious. "Come on let's go check it out." After putting everything away, Sableye crawled up Robby's arm to back on his shoulder where he always is, his feet dangling over the front of his chest.

Upon entering the small town, he didn't expect it to be so small. The town itself was basically a neighborhood with a view of the sea and a Pokémon lab. He walked around the lab, examining it since it was his first time seeing it. He observed the area, seeing the main occupants of the town being families with small children and Pokémon running freely. "Nice little place." He thought to himself. Looking up at Sableye, he caught him making faces at children and Pokémon, slightly spooking them. "And you constantly ask me why we don't make friends. It's. because of you!" He jokingly laughed at his partner.