• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Adventure Begins!

OOC: just come and join in!

BIC:

"Ah, Lady, I didn't expect you to get here so soon," Professor Oak says, setting down the box of pokeballs with a huff. Lady smiles politely in return, side-stepping as Professor Oak heads past her, towards one of the labs many windows.

"I hope that I'm not causing you any trouble, Professor," She says as she tails after him.

Oak laughs, "You've never been one to cause trouble, Lady, in fact, I'd say you're the antonym of trouble."

Lady blushes, “Thank you sir. But, ah, where is Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore? My father told me they would be here as well, with pokemon from their own regions…”

Professor Oak nods, “Aurea is just down the road saying hello to an old friend. Augustine however…” He scratches his chin, “I suppose he is just running a little late.”

Lady looks about the sterile white lab, “I don’t understand my father’s issue with me receiving a normal starter pokemon, this is too much. You should all be continuing your research, not being paid by my father to bring an odd ball pokemon from another region.”

Oak turns around at that, and crosses his arms. He looks up at the ceiling, seemingly in deep thought, “I’ve known your father since he was ten years old and starting his journey. You know he grew up in Pallet Town, correct?”

Lady shakes her head, “He doesn’t like to talk about himself.”

“Well, he got his first pokemon, a Charmander from me when he turned ten. He was the first to arrive, second to my grandson. He actually refused to take a pokedex with him oddly enough, claiming that he didn’t want me to expect him to have something done that he probably would never have a chance to do,” Oak starts to clear off one of the metal tables.

“Your father became Champion, but was defeated by my grandson. A shame really, Gary would have been a more modest person if he hadn’t won that battle. Anyway, your father went to Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and then here to Kalos, but he never took on the Elite Four or the Champion ever again. Actually, up until you were born, he spent all his time either talking to your mother or training his team.”

“I didn’t know that,” Lady says, looking rather thoughtful, “Can I ask you a question though?”

“Of course,” Oak say, pulling a pokeball from his pocket and resting it upon the clear table.

“Do you know why my father wouldn’t let me leave till now? To go on my journey, I mean. All my friends left five years ago, and I...well I just want to know,” Lady says. She catches the pokeball as it rolls off the table and watches Oak as he goes to retrieve a stand from the crate he was hauling before. He puts it on the table and Lady places the pokeball on it. She rocks from heel to toe with a studying expression.

“No,” Oak says finally, “I’ve asked him many times, but he never told me why, just that you weren’t ready.”

Lady tucks a strand of her red velvet hair behind her ear, “Okay, thank you through.”

“Samuel?”

Oak turns with a smile, “Aurea! How are you?”

Aurea tosses a pokeball in Oak’s direction and bursts out laughing as it hits him in the head. Lady lunges to grasp it, catching it with her left hand. She rests it on one of the stands.

Oak rubs his head, “Why is that always the way you greet me? You don’t throw things at Rowan or Birch.”

Aurea winks at him, “Rowan is too old to play these games with me and Birch was getting attacked by a group of angry Spearow the only time I’ve met him.”

“Oh, I’m not too old?” Oak says in exasperation, “I’m eighty years old!”

“And I’m forty-five, and yet you don’t see me complaining,” Aurea says.

Lady giggles and Oak turns on her, “Oh, so you’re siding with her?”

Lady shakes her head, “I’m not siding with either of you.”

“Birch you do not need to hold open the door for me, I’m not a cranberry.”

“I know you’re not a cranberry, I’m just trying to- OW!”

“Rowan,” Aurea laughs, “Give Birch a break, he’s almost as ancient as Samuel.”

“Am not!” Birch says, nearly letting the door hit Rowan in the face. Rowan glares as Birch sheepishly opens it wider.

Rowan leans heavily on his walker, “At least hold the door open correctly.”

Lady rushes forwards to take the heavy bag out of the walkers’ basket, “Please sir, allow me to help.”

Rowan frowns, “Who are you supposed to be?”

“Lady Skyland, sir,” Lady says with a kind smile. Rowans bushy brows raise up the expanse of his forehead, “Skyland? As in Kamon Skyland?”

“Yes, sir, that would be my father,” Lady says. She places the professor's brief case on the floor, and pulls one of the office chairs from a desk. Rowan glares at Birch again, “Grab the pokeball from my briefcase.”

Birch sighs, placing his own pokeball on a stand, but grabs the briefcase and pulls out another pokeball, placing it alongside the others. Lady wheels the chair over to Rowan, “Here you go.”

“Thank you,” Rowan says gruffly, “If only Birch over here were as helpful as you.”

Birch’s jaw drops, “You can’t be serious!”

“Sorry I’m late, I was trying to get the egg to hatch,” Professor Sycamore says as he bursts through the doors, “But I finally have it.”

Sycamore places a pokeball on the last available stand, and grins at Lady, “Good to see you again! Ca va (how are you)?”

“Je suis bien, merci. Et toi (I am good. You)?” Lady says kindly. The other professors calm down into a more professional manner, and stand quietly, each staring at the pokeballs on the table before them.

“Great,” Sycamore says, “Are you ready to receive your first pokemon?”

Lady looks back to the pokeballs before her, “As I’ll ever be.”

Each professor grabs the pokeball they brought (aside from Rowan, who grudgingly let Birch release his choice), and releases their pokemon. Lady doesn’t see the rest,oddly enough much to her enjoyment, because she is immediately tackled by a fluffy ball of gray fur, “Potchy!”

“Potchy?” Five of the six professors say.

Birch, on the other hand, grins wider, “I thought you would appreciate seeing him again.”

“Again?” Oak says, “She’s seen this Poochyena before? But she’s never left Lumiose, let alone Kalos.”

“Her father invited me here a few years ago,” Birch says, “She was about to turn ten, so I brought this guy with to offer her as a starter. Her father refused to let her keep him, but she was so attached that I kept him for her.”

“Well,” Sycamore says as Lady cuddles Potchy, “I’m assuming that you’ve chosen to use Poochyena?”

Lady nods, stand up and dusting herself off. Potchy jumps up with his forepaws on her leg. She smiles and picks him up, holding him in her arms.

“Well,” Sycamore says with a frown, “I assumed this would take longer, but I assumed the other kids I invited to pick out of the others are-”

“Wait!” Calls a new voice.

Last edited:
"Wait!" Yelled Jake as he ran into the lab "yay I'm not too late, Rowan it's been a while" said Jake knowledging the sinnoh professor "did Riley tell you about my request?"
"Yes I did hear about that young mister Jake" replied the professor as he pulled another pokeball from his lab coat
"As requested one very special black and white Riolu, the last of the almian guardians" Rowan as he realised he sounded like he was describing some fancy dish shaking himself out of his daydream he hand Jake the pokeball and out popped a slightly taller than average Riolu with a scar over its right eye and pale white fur in place of the normal blue pelt
"Scar it's been so long" laughed Jake as the Riolu jumped up and gave Jake a big hug "oh yeah back when I was about 8 my family took me to meet my uncle Byron in Cananlave city while there we took a trip to iron island where I met scar unfortunately I wasn't old enough to accept him as my Pokemon so I had a family friend Riley look after scar til I was ready to begin on my journey"

Lady smiles politely at Jake as Sycamore moves to introduce her, "Jake, this is Lady Skyland, the daughter of Kamon "Ego" Skyland."
Birch coughs, "The daughter of the current champion."
Lady giggles, "He's not the current champion."
"Well he would be if he hadn't quit," Birch says, "And now with you on your journey, he could very well reclaim his spot from Tony Lark."

The unsteady boy released his breath that he'd been holding. He'd been secluded in the cast shadow of the lab, waiting for another to show. Always uncertain, he feared that this day was a trick of his mind, that the meeting would be next Tuesday or so. All he wanted was to avoid an awkward situation in front of the Professor.
As the door locked into place after the male, Nolan straightened, escaping the comforting shadows as he subtracted the short stretch between him and the door. As a second doubt came to mind, he peeked through the pane. Sure enough, people occupied the expanse.
He cast his tongue over his lips, tucking his pink-ginger lock of hair behind his ear as he walked inside, grunting as the door hit him in the back.
"I'm in the right place, right?" he mumbled.
I'm so stupid. Of course this is the right place!
His upper lip twitched with repulse of his own idiocy.

"I'm in the right place, right?"

"I'd assume so," Lady says, and winks at him with a gray eye. She pulls a pink bell collar from her white tassel purse, and clicks it on to Potchy the Poochyena, "There we go!"

A blush dusted Nolan's cheeks, seeing how they could actually hear him.
"So.. uh." His ebony eyes scraped the room, landing upon potential starter pokeballs.
He'd not come prepared for anything, just to show up. He expected to be presented with a Pokemon-- a Charmander or something-- and he'd be off on his way. He didn't exactly expect human interaction.
"Wh-Which one's mine?"

Lady looks a tad bit embarrassed, "I hope you didn't expect an average starter, my father felt the need to spoil me yet again." She sighs, "Well, I've chosen Poochyena, and Jake," she gestures to him, "Chose a fancy Riolu that Professor Rowan had brought for him. So, the other options would be the Sinoh , Kanto , Johto , Unova or Kalos Pokemon that the other professors brought."
She flushes with embarrassment, "I don't know what Pokemon is in each ball aside from the region they're from."

((OOC: @Teapot sorry! I didn't realize I switched out >_< I try to, really! I just normally write in future tense, so I end up switching in habit. I'll make sure to check for it next time.))

(Is this Open still?)

Grace Amour, heavily adorned in fluff, grinned from sea to sea. "Come on! Harmony I don't need to be covered in clouds as I walk into a lab honey! I can't go meet my new partner like this!" She cried in mock embarrassment as the large Altaria in front of her backed away from the warm embrace it had blessed the young new trainer with. The Altaria puffed up, mocking Grace's pretending behavior. The caused laughter to emit from the girl, as she willingly wrapped her arms around Harmony's neck. "You'll never cease to make me smile." Grace said, but her smile had faded. "I'll miss you. Tell mère and père (mother and father) that I'm out the door- I'll come in and visit soon. They work too much in my opinion." She backed away, bowed to the Altaria in a farewell gesture, which the cloud dragon returned, and Grace stepped out the door to experience her new life as a trainer.

The fresh air of Pallet town reminded Grace of something, excitement for a new adventure! She recalled that Professor Oak's lab was here, well, that was her destination, but she wondered how many rapidly beating hearts had trodden upon the same ground she was then, anxiously approaching the dawn of a brand new friendship- one to last miltitudes of lifetimes and an adventure of endless wonder and mystery. Grace smiled to herself and paused slightly to look at the sky. The sky was very important to Grace- it gave her a sentimental feeling. It symbolized freedom, adventure, excitement, anxiety, and most of all, willpower to continue. The constant patterns of the weather was the sky's way of showing how constant the love of passion should go. Maybe she was thinking too hard. Grace felt goosebumps rise to her arms and down her spine, causing her to shiver despite the comfortable temperature of the air. Smiling to herself, Grace continued down the path towards the lab, towards her freedom, towards her happiness.

As she walked in, Grace felt a sense moderate shock as she walked into the lab. There were 1...2...3.... More people than she expected. That's for sure. She paused at the door, making a mental picture of how she looked. It was quite simple to be honest- a black sleeveless shirt, white jeans, and tall black boots to go with it. Her light brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, but some had fallen free and framed her face. Her eyes were hazel, but looked more blue than brown. After an awkward moment, Grace cleared her throat. "Hello there, professors, fellow trainers." She began, acknowledging each group of people with a small shake of her head. "I have been instructed by Ms. Juniper to receive a Pokemon here?" She glanced at the young professor. When the kind lady nodded her head and extended a Pokeball out to Grace, her face lit up greatly. "Yes, This is Grace Amour. She's never met this Pokemon I'm about to give her, but her family has embargoed her contact with Pokemon for the past years of her life, so it's not entirely her fault." Juniper shot a glance of pity at Grace, who just smiled in return. The young trainer took the Pokeball and stepped back, bowing in thanks, due to family tradition. Grace moved back to stand next to another young trainer, who was helping a boy figure out where he was. "Umm... I'm sorry to bother you, but do you know how to open this?" Grace asked slyly, hoping the professors didn't notice her struggles.

(Grace is talking to Lady, just for clarification)

Miles, upon finding a new face to meet, drew a step back hopelessly, his back exchanging heat with the chilled sleek wall. He realized with a heart pounding second that he was the only trainer that had not received a pokeball yet.
"Well, actually.. my parents chose a Pokemon for me. They said it was to, uh.." he paused, uncertain of expressing his feelings with the strangers.
"I guess, help me," he finished with a rise of pitch, though it wasn't exactly a question.
His gaze lingered on Professor Rowan.
"Uh, Mister Professor Rowan, uh, sir?"
The graying man turned. "Yes? What is it- oh!"
"Yeah, my parents told me that you were carrying my Pokemon."
Rowan shifted, relying heavily on his walker as he withdrew a pokeball from his jacket, shuffling to the boy.
Miles flattened a turned hand for the Pokemon.
"Careful, he's a feisty one," the older man cackled as he released the red and white ball into his hand, to which he retraced his steps back beside the professors.
Miles felt clueless as to what he could mean as he gazed thoughtfully into the glossy surface of the ball.
"Here goes nothing," he said to himself as he ran his fingers along the sphere, pressing against the white button.
(cliffhanger i guess because wynaut)

Lady wasn't able to help feeling a little nervous around all these new people, but she decided to help the new trainer, "Press the button in the middle."
Potchy barked and his tail started wag like crazy as he got overexcited by all the people in the room.

A flash of red zigzagged from the ball, releasing its captive.
A cotton candy pink face stared Miles down, blinking its monochrome ovals. Miles released the breath he'd been holding, analyzing the solid blue legs and whip-cream like hair.
Uneasily, he met Rowan's eyes. "And which Pokemon is this?" he questioned, furrowing his eyebrows as the Pokemon and he stared each other down.
"That would be Mime Jr.," he gruffly replied.
The funky looking Pokemon refused to remove his eyes from Miles.
Miles waited, expecting a holler and a cackle, for them to announce that is was a joke. Seconds ticked by, and he began to feel uncomfortable.
"This is mine?" he checked, unable to feel reassured as a Professor secured the fact.
He lifted his hand, rubbing the back of his neck. Mime Jr. followed suit.
Miles ripped his gaze from the Pokemon, his eyes flickering between Poochyena and Riolu, and finally Mime Jr.
"I'm not sure that you have this right."
"What's wrong with him?" Rowan's voice hissed.
"I just expected another Pokemon."
This was to the Professor's distaste. "Your parents assigned you to this Pokemon. Nothing is wrong with him."
The small Pokemon frowned, waddling to Miles, to which he slapped his leg. "Mime!"

Lady giggled, "If it makes you feel better, Mime .Jr is a duel, Psychic-Fairy type and is actually quite strong."

Her eyes flashed, "Oh yeah!" She tugged her white tassel purse and pulled a pink collar out that had a pretty gold bell attached to it. She placed Potchy on the table and put the pink collar around his neck, "I got this for the Pokemon I chose, and now that I think about it, I probably should have picked a more gender neutral color."

A sweat drop mark appeared on his forehead, in figurative terms. The pink-headed boy's confusion dimmed, transforming into regret for his distaste. He kneeled, opening a hand for the Mime Jr. "I'm sorry. How about we forget my actions and I greet you, like I should have?" he formally apologized, though his voice kept monotone.
"Hi, I'm Miles Coven, your new trainer."
The Pokemon considered, touching his chin with a "finger".
His mouth then widened into a grin, springing forward, meeting his palm with Miles' face.
As the hand descended down beside Mime Jr., a red mark kept its form on his skin. It took a moment for Miles to react.
"What was that for!?" Miles shouted, lifting his hand to the burning sensation.
"Mime!"
"As I said," Rowan commented.

It's been 6 days... Can I join the party?

Quincy has been anticipating this moment for a long, long time. He was ten and he knew that he was the youngest out of most of the receivers today. This was supposed to be a special event going on, so he made sure he wasn't late. He set his alarm to 3:00 in the morning so he wouldn't be late. The sad this is, he forgot that 3:00 was very early in the morning, and that this would hinder his entrance even more.

"Quincy! What are you doing? Wake up!" his mother had woken him up. He had hit the snooze button on his clock 5 times and it was almost noon. He had way over slept and upon realizing this, he darted out the door. Thankfully, he went to sleep with his clothes on in preparation. He just moved to Lumiose City a few weeks ago, so he wasn't used to big city at all. He easily got lost and didn't know which way to go. He decided to ask for directions in the big white building with two Pokeball Pillars in front of it.

Little did he know, this was the very place he had been needing to go to and what he did would surely shock anyone inside, as it did.

"Hey! Does anyone here know where the lab is?!"

((OOC: of course you can join in!))

Lady tilted her head, "I'm assuming you mean the Pokemon lab, and yes, this is it. I'm Lady Skyland, and it is a pleasure to meet you."

Quincy nodded and glanced at the remaining Pokeballs.

"Uh... So the one I pick is the one I get forever?" Rowan nodded and I looked back. The pressure got to him when the others in the room gestured for him to "get on with it" and he started to sweat a little. Who knew picking a Pokemon could be s stressful.

"I have an idea!" He said with glee and I finger in the air. He then used his finger to do enny-meeny-miny-moe.

The huff he heard afterwards told him to just hurry up and pick one.

"Enny-Meeny-Miny-Moe!! I choose you, now we can go!" He raised the Pokeball and pressed the button, expecting it to open and emit a flash. It didn't and he stood there silently. "Uh... What?"

Rowan burried his head in his hands and Birch put his hand behind his head. "You... uh... Press it once to expand it and twice to open it..." Quincy blushed and pressed it again, a Yamask appearing in the stream of red light.

"Ok... Now what in the world is that?"

Sycamore nodded and glanced at his Pokedex. "Well, it's not found in Kalos anywhere, and is only found in Unova." he looked back at the floating black ghost with arms and a mask. "It is called a Yamask and they are said to be the spirits of dead humans. The mask is they're face." suddenly, a notable chill went throughout the room.

Quincy nodded. "And I think I've heard of this guy around Relic Castle when I was still living in Unova." he put his finger to his chin and went wide eyes when he realized something. "Oh... They also evolve into Cofagrigus... You know? That coffin Pokemon that kills anyone that it encounters?"

Everyone turned to the one who had put that Pokemon into that Pokeball, Professor Juniper, who had actually been extremely quiet this entire time.

"What? I was originally going to give him a Klink but that seemed a bit unfair." Quincy shook his head and looked back at the black ghost, who simply replied "Yamask?" Quincy petted him and looked back.

"Ok, I'll train you, but only if you promise not to kill me once you evolve." I explained. He nodded and I put him back into the Pokeball. "So, anyone else?"

OOC: Okay, so I've never done this before so just let me know if there are any formalities I'm missing in order to join in!

BIC: Brecker emerged from the dark corner of the lab from where he'd been quietly observing. He was a tall, awkward looking boy with messy black hair and an unusually stern expression.

"Uh, yes I'd like to select a Pokemon as well…"

"Of course!" Said the professors. "We still have quite a few choices here from a variety of regions!"

"Thank you… I'll have a look then," Brecker responded absentmindedly as he walked over to where the professors were standing.

He grabbed a pokeball at random and released the pokemon within. A Honedge appeared before him with a flash of bright light. The pokemon beamed up at him with an enthusiastic expression. Taken somewhat by surprise at the pokemon's enthusiasm, Brecker turned away and fought to maintain his stoic expression.

"Yes, I suppose this one will do… Honedge, isn't it?" The sword danced about enthusiastically in affirmation. Breaker blushed ever-so-slightly in response… 'It is rather cute, isn't it?' He thought to himself.

"Well, thank you... I'll be taking my leave now then" said Brecker as he turned towards the exit, hands in his pockets. Honedge, still dancing around out of his pokeball didn't notice his new trainer leaving at first, and struggled to catch up.

Brecker was loitering around town with Honedge happily floating along behind him when his phone rang. He had been expecting this call. He brought the phone to his ear:

"Hello, father"
"Son. Have you successfully reached the starter pokemon distribution arranged by Skyland?"
"Yes, I have."
"And?"
"The pokemon you asked me to retrieve… Was already taken."
"#&(^!!! Well at least tell me you didn't walk away empty-handed? You must have something for us!"

Breaker turned around to look at the honedge he had just received looking up at him will a confused expression. He Paused for a moment...

"…Unfortunetly, all the pokemon were already taken… I… Was unable to acquire one…"
"WHAT?"
"I'm sorry, Father, I won't disappoint you next time. Goodbye."

Breaker hung up the phone abruptly. He turned to the confused looking Honedge and gave a small smile. "Come on, Honedge, let's have a look around town."

Quincy stood outside the lab, his pokeball in hand, throwing it up and down a few times before releasing the captive. The Yamask floated down towards his level and smirked. "Yamask!" It said with glee. Quincy smirked a little and then frowned again.

"Well, at least I got something from the Unova Region, Juniper is a bit..." he made a psycho symbol with his finger. Yamask sighed and nodded. "So, what moves you got?"

Yamask backed up, as if he was about to unleash a full on attack, but to Quincy's surprise, all that happened was that he ran towards him screaming. "So... That's Astonish...? Wait a sec..." Quincy took out a Pokedex from his back pocket. He may have been young but he was also an expert pickpocket. He easily snuck a lab Pokedex on a shelf into his back pocket without anyone realizing it.

"So... You only know Astonish and Disable? That'll work..." Quincy was young, and a bit quirky, but he also was extremley smart. He finished an entire semester in Pokeology at the age of 9. Some finish by 11 or 12 if lucky, but 9 was something very hard to do.

"You are a pure Ghost Type so Normals can't take you down and vice versa... Which will be a big problem early on." he continued in his head. "But, in the gardens up ahead, you are resistant to Bug and Poison types, a big advantage... Ok, I guess i'll keep you along." Yamask nodded. "But, you're not gonna be enough... I hope you like company."

The two left the lot and ventured into Route 5, and then Quincy realised.

"Oh wait! Strong against Bug? I need to get you to the Santalune City Gym!" they then ran down the other direction, accidentally bumping into some emo guy with a Honedge. Weird.

OOC: Is this taking place in the Kalos Region? Because I'm not exactly sure...

Last edited:
"Hmmm… Oh look, this shop sells poffles. Wait, Honedge, how do you even eat--AGHHH"

A young boy and his Yamask crashed into Breaker as they ran by.

"Hey kid! Watch wher--"
Wait a minute…That boy was at the lab earlier… BUT WHEN DID HE GET THAT POKEDEX IN HIS BACK POCKET?
"Hey wait a minute! No hard feelings I need to talk to you!" Brecker shouted after the running kid.

Quincy was already around the corner by then, he didn't hear anything at all as he ran across another block and then another. And then he stopped.

"Oh right... I don't have a map..." he sighed and got out his Pokeball. "You... Uh... Stay inside here while I get directions." he said to the Yamask. The flash of red light engulfed the Ghost and sucked it safely into the small metal ball.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught his mother, walking across the street towards him.

"Oh! Hello Quincy! I thought'd meet you at the lab to meet your starter Pokemon." She explained. What didn't make sense was that he was at least 2 blocks away from the lab.

"But the lab is at least 2 blocks... back...?" behind him, the two giant pillars stood. He sighed. He had a horrible sense of direction.

"Speaking of which, I got you this map so you won't get lost." That's his mom for you. She always thinks ahead. She handed me the map and I smirked. "So, what Pokemon did you get?" I stopped and took out my Pokeball. Out came a beam of red light, the same Pokemon from before coming out.

"Yamask!" the ghost cried out with glee. "Oh... It's adorable... A Yamask it says?" I nodded and the Yamask nodded too. "You too will be great together!" her smile soon turned to a frown as she started explaining the dangers and precautions that need to be taken while on a journey. Quincy responded sarcastically. "Yes... Mother..." she kissed him on the cheek.

"Love you honey! Good luck!" She waved good bye and so did Quincy. Little did Quincy know, his mother also could pickpocket. She took the pokedex from out his back pocket without his noticing one bit.

"So you've been pick-pocketing again..." she said to herself "I'll keep this for now, but once someone asks, you are getting punished." she walked back home, quietly as if she was a spy undercover and left the boy and his Yamask off into Route 4.

Well, Route 5 accidentally anyways.

"Tskkk… Some people," said Brecker as he smoothed out his shirt. Well, I suppose I should head to the Pokemon centre and grab something to eat.

"Come on Honedge, let's get going" he waved to the Pokemon as he started walking towards the Pokemon centre. The Pokemon followed along enthusiastically.

Seated at a table in the cafe of the Pokémon Center were two individuals likely in their middle ages. One was a man, dressed as a stereotypical scientist, complete with a white lab coat and glasses over his eyes to match them. The other was a rather well endowed woman, adorned within a tight fitted sweater and skirt, with long brown hair falling down her backside. The two appeared to be within casual conversation.

Brecker walked into the cafe at pokemon centre and scanned the room for a secluded table. The place was pretty packed, but in the far corner there was an empty table next to some scientist speaking to a women with long brown hair.

'They appear rather professional…' Breaker thought to himself. 'Likely they won't bother me…'

He got a bowl of soup, some dry toast, and sat down at the table.

The woman greeted Brecker with a warm smile as he joined them. "Hello there."

The scientist offered a faint nod.

"Might I be correct in presuming you are a new trainer?" She looked him over, knowing the look in his eyes all too well.

"New trainer?" Brecker chocked on his soup a little at the unexpected interaction. "Uh… Yes that is correct I received my first Pokemon at the lab today…"

Technically
he wasn't lying… He had only ever handled his father's pokemon in the past, and that was strictly for… business… Honedge really was his first Pokemon in a sense. Perhaps that was why he had warmed up to it so quickly.

Honedge floated up onto the table and introduced itself: "Honedge!" it exclaimed.

The scientist quickly adjusted his glasses. "Is that right? Well I didn't remember the professor saying he'd offer a Honedge to any new trainers..." He cleared his throat. "In any case, this may be of some interest to you."

From his pocket, he unveiled a mysterious device. "It's an updated Pokédex, engineered by none other than myself. I reckon you may have one already? Well, I assure you, the one you have is nothing compared to this one."

The woman gave a weak smile. "There you go again, Professor Smith, trying to get a trainer to test out your inventions. What if this invention ends up like the others?"

"What do you mean like the others?"

She shook her head. "Either way, you shouldn't be placing so much of a burden on this boy's shoulders. He only just got his very first Pokémon, after all. We should leave it up for him to decide."

The woman then offered out her hand to Brecker. "I'm sorry, Professor Smith often times forgets to introduce himself before his own ambitions. I'm Melissa. And you are?"

"The former league champion is hosting a lavish starter pokemon give-away for his daughter," Brecker explained. "There are quite a few interesting pokemon up for grabs… In any case, if there were any Pokedexs being distributed I did not receive one. I left quite… hastily… I will graciously accept this gift Professor Smith. I'm sure a device like this will be useful to me."

Breaker bowed his head and took the pokedex from the professor and immediately checked the moves of Honedge.

"Tackle, swords dance, and fury cutter… Not bad" he muttered and pocketed the pokedex.

"Anyways, my name is Brecker. It is a pleasure to meet you both: Melissa, Professor…" Brecker showed them his best smile. He glanced at his soup out of the corner of his eye… Untouched, and getting colder…