• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Team rocket- Want anything new to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the title says it all. I would like to see they're disguises foiled from the start. I just watched "Pinch Healing" on CN, and James and Meowth were TERRIBLE! Or at least get some kick-butt pokemon. But they're not meant to be big, but it'd still be cool. :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I love Team Rocket just the way they are - bumbling pseudo-villainous comic relief who aren't really too good at it.

It's rather clear from quite a few episodes of the series (and the movies, if you count those), that Jessie, James and Meowth aren't evil cold-hearted bastards, they're just in this job because it pays the bills... XD

I got bored of team rocket too long ago, they are the main reason why I avoid watching the Anime.
When Ash went to Hoenn I thought it would be a good excuse to get rid of team rocket and introduce team aqua and magma, but unfortunately TR were kept in the series and personally I think they have continued to get worse.
Sinnoh was also an excuse to get rid of team rocket and promote team galaxy, unfortunately once again the writers have kept TR in the series due to their continued fanbase and to appeal to younger audiences with their comedic side.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Err... RL? Generally it's the older viewers who love TR moreso than the younger ones. Why? Because compared to Ash and co., the TR trio actually have PERSONALITY :p

I feel that without TR, that show would blow. TR isn't what's hurting it. The atmosphere of the show itself, the plotlines, the depth of main characters, etc. all just adds up to a much less epic adventure than, say, something like the Pokemon Adventures/Special series. For what the Anime is, it kinda needs TR in there to break things up a bit, otherwise it'd just be focused on Ash and co. all the time... and god, the way things are now, I don't even want to think about that x.x

For the show to ever survive without TR and properly portray TA/TM/TG, it'd need a SERIOUS overhaul... and honestly, I don't see that ever happening with that particular series. An OAV or brand new Pokemon Anime series, yes. This one? It's meant to be light-hearted because it's meant for "everyone", so no. Not going to happen.

But to answer the topic, I'd just like to see TR catch a few new Pokemon and replace their Hoenn Pokemon. James really doesn't need two Grass-types, and Jessie is DYING to catch a new Pokemon for contest usage - and personally, I hope it's Beequeen X)

I'd like to see a new member join their trio, Max! And Max, with his Electrike, leads them to no longer chase after Ash, but just think of plans to get lots of Pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Or maybe just have them appear sometimes.

And miss out on their comic relief every episode with only Ash, Dawn, and Brock to entertain us?

I very much disagree, although I guess that was obvious in my previous post xp

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Team Rocket are what MAKE the show for me. I probably would not watch it if they were not in. They do indeed have the most personality, and they make the show... funny. I can't see how they ruin it, the show would be an utter bore without them. I only wish that other characters begin to show more personality. Perhaps the D/P episodes will fix the issue.

I want them to win...Atleast once.

Watching through teh battle fronteir episodes it gets so repetitive.

Unlike some of the older fans, I'm not big on TR, not now. In the older episodes I liked them; they had style. Keeping TR or ditching them wouldn't make me watch the show any more or less. You could say I'm indifferent. They have their moments though. (I AM THE MIGHTY MOLTRES!--funniest episode TR-wise EVER)

I'd like to see them actually get away with stealing a Pokemon. Wouldn't ever happen but hey. In the Japanese dub, James actually stole Victreebel, but it was edited in the English dub.

I would also like to see TR pose more of a challenge to our 'heroes.' Maybe something that spans multiple episodes. It's a bit of shame that they keep getting blasted off episode after episode.

I feel the same way really, its just become too much to see them being blasted off every episode, at the beggining they were wanted criminals with a lot of promise, now they just try and steal something every episode then get blown up. If they were at least made to seem like they had a clue again then Id be all for keeping them, but for now theres nothing to them that makes me want to have them kept around.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
They're not really villains anymore. Like having TR in the intro/ending sequences with Ash and the gang... They're just characters to spice things up a bit. Yeah, they still do try to steal something every episode, but they generally have their own side-plots too, or side "discussions". Jessie's also gone overdrive on contests.

I wonder why people still consider them the "bad guys" myself because for a long, long time now they've been nothing more than supporting cast. They're antagonists, but not really portrayed as being completely evil. All three of the trio have shown their positive qualities time and time again. TR is part of the main cast, just as Ash and Pikachu are.

I still consider them the bad guys because they still consider themselves the bad guys.

And they're not really spicing up anything anymore but yeah they do have more personality than Ash and company. TR can still be funny and still pose a challenge to the 'heroes'

Im just wondering one thing, though, First of, I dont remember, WHY does Giovanni want a Pikachu so badly? theyere fairly common, secondly, instead of sending a crew the keps failing, why doesent he just go himself? (I know, Im gonna get bashed with "Thats the henchmens Job", But i find it to be a fair question) either way, i would love to see an episode, where they actually get away with Pikachu, and Ash and Co. dont get it back untill, like...an episode or two later, at least THAT would be interesting, and it would thickin the plot

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: My bad. Ignore what I said about having your wish some true. I remembered the episode wrongly ^^;

As for Giovanni wanting Pikachu... he never really did. It was the trio who set their eyes on it and became obsessive. I doubt they even remember fully why they wanted it in the first place, lol.

I still consider them the bad guys because they still consider themselves the bad guys.

They do, but they're still not "evil" bad guys - after all, not all antagonist are necessarily evil. "Naughty" would probably be a better term to use for them.

I just want them to quit being so annoying... But true, they should win at least once, but if they can't even win at Kanto in the 8th gym (they got some great Pokemon) then I don't see it happening.

Team Rocket seriously need to be given more. I've noticed Ash/Co. have even stopped them from catching wild Pokemon just because that Pokemon would pose somewhat of a threat. And yes, I would like it if they got away with something. Maybe a thievery from a minor character? Oh well.

P

Pikachu_Master

Something good should happen to them, it's a shame they take too much of that success and lose it

I just want TR to get new outfits. >_> Ash and Brock get new outfits every "world" (they changed outfits in hoenn and sinnoh) so why doesn't TR change outfits?

I mean besides the horrible attempts they make at disguising themselves. XD

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe they could wear something metallic-looking with visors. A new uniform would be cool, even if just for one episode in an attempt to psyche out the heroes.

As for Giovanni wanting Pikachu... he never really did. It was the trio who set their eyes on it and became obsessive. I doubt they even remember fully why they wanted it in the first place, lol.

If I recall correctly, it was because Ash's Pikachu was uncommonly powerful, at least in their perspective. I remember when Pikachu lost to Lt. Surge's Raichu, they were concerned that it meant they were chasing Pikachu for no reason. That's why they cheered him on before the rematch. Oddly enough, I think that was probably the only disguise our heroes immediately saw through.

Pikachu's uncommon strength is also what rejuvenated Jessie from her funk at the beginning of the Hoenn region. His (her?) electric attack reminded her of it.

Suddenly, I'm thinking... What if Team Rocket got a hold of some really powerful Pokemon, probably stealing from another trainer using hypnosis or something, and Ash had to talk it back to the side of good while it wiped the floor with Pikachu. Then the Pokemon would snap out of it and blast Team Rocket. That'd be SWEET!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You do realize that I said I doubt "they" - in reference to TR themselves - even remember why they originally wanted it, not me remembering why :p

But you're right. Every so often they begin to doubt why they've chased Pikachu all this long, then something happens that reminds them of their goals. Its a never-ending cycle with those three, lol.

actually, I think they're widening their horizon on cathing new Pokemon now, (well that's what I've noticed lately in the show)

but yah, I love team rocket. Everytime they appear on the show and throw out their lame puns or jokes, I just can't help but laugh.

I hope they never get cut or leave the show because they partly make up why I even watch it.

Team Rocket's funny, but they should get a nice Pokemon that'll eventually evolve into something awsome. Maybe James' Growlie, and evolve it into Arcanine for quick getaways.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Holy shit.

EARLY MAY 2007... END OF JANUARY 2008

This form of Necromancy, in particular when you have nothing useful to say, is not accepted.

Locked, Warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.