• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Tanzo Region League RP

Conner grew agitated with AMJ's ignorance towards his speaking. He opened his mouth to speak again but saw that Tomlin had moved on and got distracted. They were already making their way towards Crystal cave. Growling he looked down at the girl before huffing and shaking his head, maybe next time she ran off the group would loose her. Part of him couldn't blame her, he himself wasn't sure what tempted him t follow the others in this manner but he didn't care so long as he was ahead of most the trainers. On his way towards the cave several trainers requested a battle but Litleo took care of the with ease, Conner began to feel made for Venipeded who he didn't send out into battle because he knew Litleo would finish quicker. He passed Tomlin with a smirk before being stopped right outside the cave by another hiker. You've got to be kidding me he thought with a groan but sent of Venipede anyways as the Hiker let out a Jiggly Puff.

AMJ watched the boy walked off, she scoffed and lay down completely on the ground she put an arm behind her head as a makeshift pillow. She looked at Triton who was on the tree and was also looking down at her, she smiled at him before relaxing on her position. Chastiefol landed on her stomach, closing his eyes just as his trainer did the same.

Maybe she should just let them go off on there own so they could loose her. She didnt even planned to be in a group. She sigh "Well see..." AMJ mumbles as she fell asleep with her Pokémon.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Machop tried to punch Tomlin's Yanma but Yanma dodged it and made a quick fly towards the pokemon, using sonic boom, the new move it had learned. This took out the Machop. The Hiker next sent out a Roggenrola. Tomlin withdrew his pokemon and sent out Poochyena. Roggenrola headbutted Poochyena. Poochyena was ordered to use tackle and then bite. Roggenrola avoided the tackle attack but got hit by the bite. Another two bites finished the pokemon. The hiker stopped battling him and gave him prize money. Tomlin entered Crystal Cave and waited for the others. Inside, he saw how dark it was. There were indeed large glittering crystals on the floor and mainly rock pokemon lived here. Tomlin saw Geodudes trying to act like rocks, Roggenrolas, arons and a sleeping onix with it's head sticking out of a hole in the floor. It was a long dark narrow corridor essentially. Tomlin saw a rare Sableye teleport into his field of sight. He stared at it for a few seconds, but the pokemon escaped and disappeared.

Meanwhile, Melody was taking on the trainers outside and she was having a tough time. She defeated the last youngster not as well as Tomlin had. She approached the hikers.

The hiker, a rather large man, seemed confident in his Jigglypuff's ability, but Conner doubted the little pink ball would be able to do much damage to his Venipede. "Alright Venipede, let's kick this off with a roll-out!" Conner commanded and Venipede blindly followed, the Jigglypuff just barely evaded the attack and went to tackle Venipede who lay victim to the hit. Conner frowned, Venipede seemed a lot cooler when it was acting on it's own. After a moment Conner grinned in realization, he just had to use Venipede's speed to his advantage. "Poison sting!" Conner yelled out to his pokemon who shot spines out of it's back. After hitting it's opponent the Jigglypuff reared up and prepared to use bounce, "Dodge! and Tackle quick." Conner called to the bug-type who ran under the Jigglypuff and a dark aurora surrounded Venipede. Rather than tackle, Venipede had learned pursuit and with that last attack he knocked out the Jigglypuff. The hiker gave Conner a bit of cash which the boy happily stored in his pocket before Conner reached out to pat Venipede. At Venipede's hiss Conner shrugged, it had become apparent that Venipede didn't like human contact. Instead he allowed Venipede back into it's ball for some rest and turned to the cheering Litleo who paused his running in circles to follow Conner into the cave.
As he entered the cave Conner nearly tripped over a rock because it was so dark, catching himself the boy drew a sigh as he growled and kicked the stone. "Litleo give us some light-" he said as he scratched the pokemon's ear before backing away, suddenly Litleo's patch hair on his head had burst into a mass of flames, the littleo pokemon gave an excited purr before giving Conner a sparkling gaze of pride. Conner eyed the pokemon around the cave with a huff, none of them really interested him. He took a step out ahead of Tomlin before looking back at the cave's entrance assuming that they were waiting for the rest of the group.

AMJ woke up from her slumber by a kid who was shaking her shoulder at the moment. She gave the kid a look which made the kid to stop, she sigh and sat up causing Chastiefol to roll on her lap. "What?" She asked irritated at the child, the kid gave her a beaming smile "I challenge you to a Pokémon battle." She groaned and was tempted to say no but looking at the child she knew that her refusal wont be taken so nicely. "Fine..."

"Go, Pidgey!" AMJ whistled and Triton jumped down from his branch to the battlefield. The child grin, thinking it'll be an easy win. Kid's a jerk. "Use Peck!" Knew it, AMJ pointed to the side and Triton go to where she pointed, narrowly avoided the attack. The Pidgey stopped and charged to Triton again who followed AMJ's hand. They continued it like that until AMJ pointed to the left just as Pidgey started charging again "Pidgey to your left!" AMJ sighed and mumbled lazily "Ice Beam." As the water bubble Pokémon got into place he turn to the charging Pidgey with a light blue energy charging up in his water bubble. The beam shot to the Pidgey sending it backwards in an ice block. "No!" AMJ grinned as her Dewpider crawled towards her.

AMJ helped the kid to free his beloved Pokémon from the ice block, the kid give her cash "How did you do that?" AMJ looked down at the child and grin "I'll tell but'll cost you three Oran berries." The child rummaged at his berry pouch and held up three berries "I use this..." AMJ held up a compact disc and a case. "Wow, can I..."

"Sorry kid, not on sale."

"Aww."

Last edited:

"I guess the others'll catch up." Tomlin said, seeing Conner walk past. Melody nodded but she continued to wait for the others. Tomlin, on the other hand, had enough of waiting. He ran towards Conner and walked next to him. "Nice work getting your Litleo to light up the cave!" Tomlin said.

"I challenge you-"

"I challenge you-"

"I challenge you-"

"Make it stop..." AMJ groaned miserably as her Pokémon who was a bit roughed up from all the challenges she had to endure to get in front of the cave. When she was in front of it, she collapse on the ground completely exhausted "Finally... rest."

Conner dragged his feet slightly as he walked, eyes set on the sides of the cave in case there were any strong pokemon there. He heard Tomlin and shrugged not giving the older boy much of his attention. After a moment, without looking up at Tomlin he scoffed before asking, "You came here to stop Team Sound, right? And the only way for you to do that is to go through the gyms?". Tomlin seemed like the kind of 'hero' who would be doing that, she was sure that other trainers intended the same. But Tomlin would be the one to beat them, when he thought about it, it made himself look pretty stupid. He came for one reason, and that was to become to champion, if Team Sound got in the way he'd take them out too- and yet somehow his way of thinking sounded so much stupider than the other's.

AMJ blinked as she awoken from her short nap, well that was new. She slowly stood up, looking around the area. She was in front of the cave, with Melody who was waiting for the others. AMJ sighed as silently stood up, careful to at get detected by Melody. They might be both socially awkward but unlike Melody she rather prefer solitude than actually trying to make friends.

She silently walked towards the entrance only to be block by a hiker. Are you kidding?! "You need-" AMJ cut him off with a hard glare "Lets just get to the point." She said lowly as she hop back to get more room for the fight. "Go, Machop!"

"Triton!"

Melody took the opportunity to creep past the hikers, who were busy with challenges and entered the cave.

"Well, I did come for the League challenge." Tomlin said to Conner, trying to get to the end. "But those Team Sound grunts got in the way. I don't think we'll see much of them on this journey..." Tomlin looked up and saw a series of trainers and hikers waiting for a battle on the side. "Just when I think i'm there, I see these guys again!"

Kota had been on the same path of challenges that the other trainers, well, most of the other trainers, had been on. It was a good way to train his Pokemon to become stronger than before. He tried his best to not be noticed, but it didn't really work out well due to the hikers and challenges. "... Guess this is my chance to become stronger so that I can hold my own..." He said, readying the two Pokeballs he had in his bag, holding Swirlix and Shroomish. He walked passed Tomlin to challenge one of the trainers who waited on the side.

"I'll battle you." He said to one of the trainers, who agreed. "Go, Swirlix!"

Tomlin challenged the hikers: there were four of them. They all had rock type pokemon, like Geodude and Roggenrola. Tomlin used his Poochyena to defeat them, being as he had two other pokemon that were weak to rock types. It took some time, but it was finally able to progress. He spotted a what he thought was a Team Sound grunt. "There!" Tomlin shouted to Conner. He chased after the grunt but the grunt quickly got away.

Melody had also started to look around the cave. She came up to the third hiker, after battling three others, and started to battle him. Her Chatot faced a Geodude and the Geodude somehow knew rock blast and took out her Chatot. Apart from this, she had no real difficulty in facing the hikers. When she caught up to Tomlin she told him that they needed to go to the pokemon Centre in Garristone City as soon as possible.

"Right." Tomlin answered. "That's what we'll do first then!"

The battle ended with not only the Machop looking battered but also the hiker. AMJ pulled on a dirty tricked when Triton was able to knocked the Machop down but with a great cost. One of his thin legs were crooked due to a powerful Low Kick from the Machop, blinded by rage she had ordered Chastiefol to use Toxic and shot one of its sharp feathers to the man and the Pokémon for extra measures. Fortunately AMJ isn't that merciless, she had called someone to cure the man since she didnt fell like doing it herself and removed the evidence. AMJ waited at the entrance of the cave watching over the man with a hard glare as she bandage Triton's injured leg.

Nico had stick with the group, usually acting like one of them but not exactly interacting with them. He would usually looked behind him to check on his twin, they had agreed to pretend that they dont know each other but it was kind of hard to do when your sister is the type to disappear in thin air. He sighed as he walked to the entrance of the cave, leaving the group to watched Alice give them a tutorial, his sister had vanish again much to his dismay. He looked up at the hiker with a half hearted smile as he release his Froakie, Poseidon, while the hiker released a Geodude. It was an anti-climatic battle because of the type and speed gap of the two. He walked in the cave, with Poseidon. "Ya know, Poseidon. I'm not liking this whole pretend thing, wanna crashed it?" The Froakie stopped hopping as it looked up at Nico's amber eyes which shone in mischievousness. Poseidon sighed but nodded nonetheless, Nico grinned "Great! Now lets get you back to your trainer." He said walking back to the entrance.

Conner let out a groan, no way was he dealing with them again. Turning around Conner took a different path with a shrug, "There has gotta be a different exit around here," he sighed as he traveled deeper into the cave. No second exit but there sure were more of those hikers, some of them gave more of a challenge than others. Litleo looked up at Conner with a tired expression who knelt down and patted his pokemon, "Alright, we'll go back that way. Stupid cave only has one exit. Then why are the so many tunnels!" he growled the last couple sentences to himself. At turning, Conner came face to face with a playful looking pokemon, "Wait.. what the-" Conner took a step back only to see that the pokemon was gone. Conner gave a suspicious glare to the path ahead of him before walking more slowly now, then a figure blocked his line of sight as it attached itself to Conner's face. Conner fell backwards and attempted to shove the pokemon off of him but it only was flung to the side with a strong blast of Litleo's ember. "Thanks pal," Conner said to Litleo before giving an angry glare to the oddly colored Gligar who was now standing. Conner rubbed his aching cheek to see blood spread across his finger, the Gligar had cut him open but there wasn't too much blood. "Head-butt Litleo!" he called but the Gligar blocked it with extended claws. The opposing pokemon then lunged at Litleo with a poison sting and poisoned the small fire-type. Conner huffed before returning Litleo and sending out Venipede, "Two can play the poison game." he growled abruptly, "Roll-out Venipede!" Gligar was shoved into the wall, but it got up with it's same cheeky grin- before the Gligar could react Venipede charged at it with a Poison Tail. The Gligar struggled to it's feet but Venipede hit it again Pursuit. "Dang, you kinda a power house aren't ya'?" Conner chuckled to Venipede who smiled at the praise. "Return Venipede!" he then said before tossing a ball lazily at the Gligar. It was caught. It took Conner a while for him to realize that the Gligar he had caught was Shiny, not that he cared though- it was a jerk of a pokemon.
The long trek with only Venipede alive didn't get any easier. By the time he was out of the cave he saw Tomlin and some others already there before rubbing his head with a sigh and giving Venipede a thumbs up, at least his bug-type got a lot of training.

Last edited:
"Thanks, Rick." AMJ mumble giving the guy a small nugget "You got it, lavender. Ill be taking this guy." Rick, a muscular individual, is a kind-hearted herbalist that migrated in this region. He carry the hiker on his shoulder as well as the Machop. She watched them until they were out of sight, she sighed before going back into entering the cave only to be face to face with her twin "What the-" Nico grinned "Miss me?"

Both twins was now venturing the cave with Nico's Morelull, named Lullaby, as there guide. AMJ looked at her twin as she hugged Poseidon "Lullaby? Couldn't think of any other name?" Nico looked at her with a pout "We'll Miss Smartgirl unlike you I dont read mythology. Besides Lullaby suits her." Nico said as he stroked Chastiefol's head. They walked in silence after that "Ya know, I dont really approve of this pretend thing." AMJ hummed as she looked down to the ground "Yeah, I'm having second thoug-" before she could finish Nico stopped her and pointed at a distance "Hey, look!" She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at where he pointed "Huh?" It was two cream colored pups, they looked beaten up.

Gasping the twins run towards the two Pokémon, Nico pulled out his pokedex and aimed it at the two Pokémon. "Rockruff, the puppy Pokémon." Both twins looked up at each other before scooping the pups in there arms "We have to get to the city, asap!" Nico stated as he ran to the exit which was lined with trainers, how did she missed that?

"Poseidon, Double Team!" The Froakie hopped forward creating copies of himself, while AMJ run to catch up to her brother. "Chastiefol, Dart Shot." Chastiefol flew up high in the air "Poseidon, Bubble Pound." Poseidon inhaled as his both of his hand glowed, his doubles copying him. They smash the ground with the attack creating a large dust explosion that created a smokescreen for the twins but they also had to cover their noses and avoid getting dust in there eyes. Among the dust, bubbles began appearing in which Chastiefol pop with his sharp feathers, it created a mini shower that eliminated the dust. By the time the trainers got their bearing the twins were already gone.

They were so close to the exit, too bad they were blocked by two hikers. The twins sighed in sync as there Pokémon get into position.

"Go Machop!"

"Let's go Geodude!"

AMJ gave a nod to Nico who nodded back "Bubble!" AMJ commanded as Poseidon inhaled and shot out bubbles "Leafage!" Chastiefol flew up, feathers encircling him before creating a tornado of glowing leaves. The tornado had sucked in the bubbles but it did not pop it "Machop, find an opening!" The said Pokémon tried circling around the leave bubble tornado but it got suck in the tornado where it was hit with a vicious pair of bubbles and leaves. "Geodude, stomped them with Rock Throw!" Geodude punched the ground sending rocks flying towards Chastiefol and Poseidon. "Do it again!" The twins shouted in unison.

After battling through Crystal Cave, Tomlin emerged in Garristone City, a large city home to a rock type gym. The city was like Veilstone City from Sinnoh, as the buildings were constructed on individual stone mounds. There was a numerous amount of skyscraper apartments to the bottom right of the city. The gym was to the top left of the city next to a blocked enterence to Golliath's mountain, with a large immovable boulder in front of it. Golliath's Montain was the biggest and only mountain in Tanzo. If one was to leave Garristone City, they would have to go to a right pathway. There was also an army barracks to the top right too and there was a large block displaying the news. The news showed the Garristone Army Barracks on fire. This was the last great millitary base in Tanzo. Tomlin saw the flames and saw the smoke. He spotted a young woman, a girl who seemed lost.

"Excuse me...could you take me to maybe, the army barracks?" The girl said softly. "I have someone who might die in the fire if I..."

"Of course, but i'll have you know, this is the first time I got here." Tomlin said. Melody came out of Crystal Cave as he said this.

"Oh thank you! I'm bad with directions. You seemed like you knew where you were going..."

"That might be true..." Melody said as she appeared next to Tomlin. She had heard the conversation with this stranger and wanted to help.

Kota's opponent had sent out a Bunnelby to battle his Swirlix, who had an easy time taking it down. But after the Bunnelby, the trainer sent out an Aron. "Alright, Swirlix. Good job, return!" He said as he returned Swirlix to its Pokeball, sending out Shroomish. "Now, Shroomish, use Absorb!" He said, and the mushroom Pokemon started to slowly but surely take the life force of the Aron, who replied with a headbutt.

"Once more! Absorb!" Kota continued, and so did the Shroomish, until the Aron fell to the ground fainted. He had won his first battle. Now, onto the city to challenge the gym leader. He returned Shroomish and went on his way.

The twins defeated the hikers and run outside. There they saw Tomlin and Melody "Who are they?" Nico asked AMJ "I... I dont know. I cant remember." She mumbled before shaking her head "Bro, no time. Remember this." She gestured at the injured pups. Nico winced as he run pass the trainers, his sister following him, they looked around the city until they saw the Pokémon Center. "Nurse Joy!" Both shouted in unison, causing everyone to flinch or looked at them surprised and annoyed "Help!" They run towards her and showed her the two Pokémon in there arms. The nurse nodded in understanding before taking the pups. The twins sigh in relief "So, how ya been without me sis?" Nico asked as they walked towards the waiting area "Quite great actually."

Kota passed by the trainers (Melody, Nico, AMJ and Tomlin), whilst heading for the gym. He wanted to get stronger unnoticed. This was his chance to get ahead, to prove that he can fight his own battles, to.... And then he stopped for a second. Dead in his tracks, he stopped. Of course he had the ambition to become number one, but... he thought about the trainers he passed, and how they were grouped together and helped one another, like... friends. Kota, of course, never had a friend before, and thought about that for a while. Should he try and socialize with the other trainers, or challenge the league on his own? So many questions he wanted answers to. "Why am I having second thoughts to challenge the league and passing up other opportunities? I don't know if they'll even care for me..." He thought, starting to stress out a bit. He went and hid somewhere so he wouldn't be noticed.

As the twins continue to talked with each other, waiting for there Pokémon, since nurse joy also offered to heal there Pokémon, Nico saw a brief flash of a person before disappearing. He blinked and just shrugged it off. A couple of minutes later they heard the signal that there Pokémon was healed, both twins turned and saw Nurse Joy carrying a tray with the two puppies on her side. The twins thanked her as they grabbed there respective Pokémon, as the Nurse felt the puppies jumped on there lap. "What do you say?" AMJ asked looking at her twin "I say catch them." They grinned before getting a Pokéball, they held it up to the two Pokémon who willingly pressed the button. "Ill name mine Thanatos." AMJ stated "Well in that case, mine will be named Hades."

A young man in his 20s ran out of the pokemon gym of Garristone City in a panic. "It's terrible!" He cried. He rushed towards the army barracks, which continued to burn with a bright flame on the top. It wasn't all over though. This was Rocky, the gym leader of Garristone City and the general of the armed Tanzo forces. He wore a green millitary outfit, with an emerald cap and a camo was painted on his face and clothes. He wore a large belt and a piece of old amber hung from a necklace twisted around his neck.

Tomlin and Melody began to march to the barracks, leading the strange girl to it. The girl wore a large pink coat.

"What did you say your name was again?" Tomlin asked.

"Lullaby..." Said the girl, before seeing the barracks.

Tomlin and Melody saw the burning flames that had consumed the barracks. Shouting from army officers could be heard and a music was playing from a radio within.

"Team Sound did this!" Tomlin cried.

Lullaby stepped forward. "Nah!" She shouted, ripping off the coat to reveal a black hoodie. She pushed down her hood to reveal a pair of black headphones on her. "Team Sound just want to spread the rhythm of life..." She said, stepping forward again. Three men in the same sort of uniform appeared from the barracks-black hoodies with headphones.

"We've captured the remaining officers mistress!" One of the men cried.

"Wait...you're one of Team Sound!" Tomlin shouted.

The three men clapped loud. They were Team Sound grunts and Tomlin and Melody knew it.

"Like you, i'm a pokemon trainer. But, I joined Team Sound and became one of their admins. My old name is no more. I call myself Andante." She smiled as Tomlin's face became that of pure anger.

"We'll stop all of you." Tomlin looked at Melody, who seemed to nod.

"Team Sound want nothing but destruction, i've seen it with my own eyes." Melody said.

"Speak up, girl, we can't hear you haha!" Andante laughed. "Finish them!" She orded the three grunts to attack, before wandering into the barracks.

The grunts all sent out Whismurs. They tried to attack, but Tomlin and Melody sent out Yanma and Cleffa to easily defeat them. Tomlin and Melody looked up at the barracks. "We're gonna need help from the other trainers." Tomlin said to Melody.

Conner rubbed his cheek clean of blood so that it was only a small cut that could be seen, he looked up to see the flames and his eyes widened. Their group of trainers were being split up, suddenly he grinned. It was the perfect opportunity for him to get ahead of everyone and defeat the gym. Then suddenly a running grunt caught his attention, he was running form a group of cops. Conner who had no experience with combat simply ran in front of the guy and the crashed into each other, while Conner fell backward the man fell in the arms of the officer, "Get out of here kid, it's not safe. Team Sound is on the move!" the officer said. Conner shifted before thinking about Tomlin who he had seen help the little girl, he wondered if the other trainers knew what they were getting into. After debating with himself Conner began running the direction of Tomlin and Melody, "Venipede, Litleo! Let's go!" he called out as his pokemon ran by his side, suddenly Conner came to a stop, there were grunt everywhere. He heard yelling behind him and ducked a flying fireball, Litleo jumped ahead of Conner and used Ember to counter the next fire ball from a grunt's charamander. "Rollout." he instructed Venipede who took out the pokemon, but Venipede was stoop at the foot of a grunt who grinned as his Rhyperior looked over his shoulder. "Hey! Put him down!" Conner shouted as the man picked his pokemon up by the tail. Litleo ran after the man and headbutted him in the stomach, bu Rhyperior used earthquake causing the lion-pokemon to fall down.
"Scum, I'll end you if you touch my pokemon!" he growled and charged at the man, he saw Rhyperior bring a heavy arm upon him but was saved by a blinding light. Now a new pokemon stood in front of him. Venipede has evolved Whirlipede brought a heavy tail ontop of the man and his pokemon poisoning both before Conner grabbed Litleo and ran. His heart beated so fast that he could barely move, had his pokemon saved him? Shaking the idle thoughts he came upon Melody and Tomlin, he ran up to them with Litleo still in his arms and Whirlipede by his side, he assumed that they already new what was happening. "You're not actually thinking about going in there are you?" he asked above the noise.

(OOC: Grunts only have sound related pokemon and basic pokemon so they wouldn't have fully evolved pokemon)

Most of the grunts were now in the barracks. They all had Whismurs. Tomlin pushed open the door to see a large horde of them and the grunts who owned them. Tomlin's Yanma and Starly took them all out. Melody entered and her Cleffa racked up some damage. Andante jumped down from a higher level.

"You want to stop us?" She asked. "We've captured all the officers here. There's just one left to get rid of and that's the general."

"Face me." Tomlin said, giving her a strange grin. He knew he was a skilled battler. "Just you and me."

"Ha! You're only a new trainer! You wouldn't defeat any of us admins."

"Let's have a bet. If I win, you guys leave everyone here in this city."

"And if you lose?" Andante asked. "It will be you who leaves!" She mocked him. "Fine. Jigglypuff, go get him." Andante sent out her fluffy pink Jigglypuff.

"Go Starly!" Tomlin shouted.

Melody hoped for the best as Tomlin was putting up a gamble. She looked outside at the trainers from their group and gestured a 'come over here quickly' action, as to persuade them to help.

(OOC: What does Sound Related Mean? And Sorry, I'll make their pokemon weaker moving forward- I've never played the games so I'm kinda unfamiliar with the whole 'grunt' topic)

The twins walked out of the center "Do you wants to stay with those group?" AMJ shrugged, she never liked having too many groups to travel usually there will only be five or six when she traveled including her brother on the list.

As they explore the city they saw that the barracks were on fire. Nico whistled "Wow, Neat. I never thought they'll be having a firework display here." Unbeknownst to them two grunts was about to crashed on AMJ's if it wasn't for Hades barking they could have. Nice acted quickly, he grabbed his sister's forearm and pulled her to his side. Nico growled as he let out Rowlet "Toxic Leafage!" Chastiefol spat out a purplish liquid and before it could hit the ground, a tornado of glowing leaves took it along with it. The liquid coated the glowing leaves as it rain down on the grounds, any cuts that the leaves will create can be an opening for the Toxic. Nico gave them a death glare.

(OOC: Pokemon on this list https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Soundproof_(Ability) (Soundproof (Ability) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) and Pokemon that can learn the sound based moves also on that list, as well as a few extra pokemon, can be owned by grunts, but never fully evolved pokemon, but only really special trainers like the admins can have that.)

A group of grunts surrounded AMJ. "What are you doing? This is our city!" One of the grunts shouted.

Inside the Barracks, Tomlin's Starly was ordered to tackle Andante's Jigglypuff. However, Jigglypuff was sucking up alot of damage. It was a very bulky pokemon, so Tomlin moved backwards and tried to think of a plan. The roof of the Barracks had discintegrated by now.

AMJ looked at the grunt with a bored expression "I'm trying to get a scoop of the fire. And for your information, you dont own me so I will do what I want." Behind her the tornado of toxic leaves launched at the grunts but surprisingly enough they were able to dodge it "Idiot I told you not yet." She whispered yelled at her brother who gave her a 'what-the-fudge' look "You didnt tell me anything." AMJ groaned as she sent out Poseidon.

The grunts sent out a Snover and a Voltorb "Snover use Woodhammer!" The grunt shouted as the Snover's arm got envelop by an aura of some sort "Voltorb, Sonic Boom!" The Voltorb releases multiple sound waves that was so powerful the twin s and there Pokémon had to put all there weight on there foot, except for Chastiefol who was safely tuck in Nico's arms. As the waves ended the Snover charge "Oh, biscuits..." the twins nervously stated.

Conner stood staring at the other trainers as they charged into the barracks. Why? What made them feel obliged to charge into a fire after a bunch of gang-members? Whatever they felt... he did not- however he felt stupid sitting there staring so he walked in after Tomlin. "Whirlipede roll-out!" Conner commanded as his pokemon wiped out a bunch of Whismur, "What even are these things. They're pathetic." he scoffed as Litleo's flamethrower burned another batch.

An old man with a brown hat and coat and a black cane watched the struggles outside, sitting on a wooden bench. He thought it was pretty impressive how these new trainers, as he could clearly see, were fighting off these gang members. He saw Connor's Litleo use a powerful move. "I applaude you!" He exclaimed. "You are very strong!" He said to Conner.

Inside the barracks, Tomlin was facing off against Andante.

"Use wing attack!" Tomlin roared. Starly flew towards Andante's Jigglypuff and hit it with it's wings. Jigglypuff took the hit easily.

"Doubleslap!" Jigglypuff slapped Starly hard several times. "Now Disarming voice!" Jigglypuff screeched at a high pitch and the noise hurt Starly.

"Double team!" Starly encircled Jigglypuff by creating clones of itself.

"Disarming voice on all of them!" Andante cried. Jigglypuff took out all the Starly clones. "Now sing!" Jigglypuff sang a slow a steady song to Starly. Starly's eyes began to close as it entered a deep sleep.

"Starly no!"

"Disarming voice!" One more disarming voice attack took out Starly.

"Return Starly...you did well really...Go Poochyena!" Tomlin sent out Poochyena next. "Use bite!" Jigglypuff tried to dodge this strong jaw attack from the dog pokemon, but it simply could not get away. One speck of damage was all that was needed and Jigglypuff fainted.

"You'll pay for this." Andante said. She tapped the orb that was dangling from her neck via a necklace and it responded with a flash of light. She contacted the other grunts through a wrestwatch she had, telling them to come inside.

Outside the barracks, the remaining grunts started to flee. They ran towards the inside of the barracks.

"Go Pikachu!" Andante shouted. Her necklace glowed brighter and brighter. Suddenly, this ordinary Pikachu started to transform. A bubble of energy surrounded it and when this was gone, the Pikachu's appearance was completely different. It was silver and metallic looking and it's ears were larger, with large speakers and holes in the place of the ear lobes.

"What is it?" Tomlin asked.

"Team Sound have been experimenting with pokemon and their potential. Inspired by what was done with mega evolution, we set to work creating powerful pokemon and exploring their hidden potentials. We noticed that a strange energy within them that can be unlocked called Sound energy. It could only be unlocked with orbs like this." Andante pointed to the orb on her necklace. "It's called 'Sound fusion.' Only certain pokemon can sound fuse and when they do, they fuse with the sound creature inside of the orb and become part sound type, a new type which has no weaknesses! All sound based pokemon can now use sound type sound based moves! This Pikachu here would be electric/sound type!"

At this instant, Melody ran outside to find the others. She tackled the other grunts with her pokemon to get to them.

"Poseidon, Smokescreen." The bubble frog Pokémon released a stream of white smoke towards the target who slowed down as its vision got covered by the thick smoke. Snover looked around with its glowing hand before spotting a shadow from a distance, thinking that it was its enemy it charges. As it got closer it saw the Froakie that released the smoke, without hesitation it brought its glowing hand up and smacking them down on the frog-like Pokémon which burst into white smoke.

The Snover looked around confused, before multiple razor sharp leaves descended towards the Snover who was taken back by the surprise attack literally. As it flew back, it landed in front of the grunts as the smoke cleared revealing the two Pokémon and there trainer who was holding three pieces of colored glass and a Morelull in between them. They notice that the Morelull was glowing and there was multiple of them behind the twins. Just by looking at the glowing creatures they could tell that they were a bunch of trouble but after a couple of second the other Morelulls that was behind the twins disappeared in white smoke.

The twins grinned as they watched the surprised looked of the grunts. The twins were known in Poni Island as the Smoke and Mirrors Twins, often making illusions and exaggerated lights, of course they only performed on special occasions like there mother's birthday party or there parents anniversary. Due to there creativity, they were able to teach there Pokémon how to understand there 'Light Language' by using a thick white or black smoke, special tint glasses and the light of a Morelull. They made sure that the light that will reflect the colored lights will be able to breakthrough the smoke but not enough that the opposing side will notice. Then they communicated to there Pokémon in the smoke with the help of the lights, enabling there Pokémon pals to execute there moves without the enemy knowing.

With the level of smoke increasing, many Sound grunts fled and entered the barracks. The ones that didn't run teleported.

"Thundershock!" Andante cried. Sound fused Pikachu fired a shot of electricity at Tomlin's Poochyena, paralysing it. The damage was higher than normal. Seeing his Poochyena weakened significantly, Tomlin withdrew his pokemon and sent out Starly instead. "Sending out a pokemon weak to electric?" Andante asked.

"Watch...Starly, use wing attack!" Starly hit Pikachu.

"Sound-powered Electro ball!" Andante roared. Pikachu created a ball of electricity but it now was powered by sound waves created through the sound-Pikachu's ears. The ball got bigger and silver coloured and flew towards Starly. Starly tried to avoid it but got hit in the process and it fainted.

"Dam it! How do I get one of those sound cores?" Tomlin asked.

"You don't. The only ones are in Team Sound's labs..."

Tomlin sent out his Poochyena but he used a Paralyse heal to get rid of the paralysis. "Bite! Then, use sand attack!" Poochyena bit the sound-Pikachu hard and it flinched the pokemon. Poochyena then continuously pushed clumps of sand towards the sound-Pikachu. Pikachu's eyes were covered and it could not attack. Andante furiously shouted attacks for Pikachu to do but it could not land any of them. Three successive bites from Poochyena defeated the pokemon.

Andante looked at Tomlin. "You defeated me? But how? I used sound-fusion! It's stronger than mega evolution!" She shouted. "Fine! We will make an exception and release the soldiers we were keeping hostage."

At that moment, the general and gym leader, Rocky ran in. He had tried to save the other soldiers by battling Team Sound grunts. He had failed to get there in time, but seen that two trainers and a group of friends were trying to stop Team Sound. He saw that Tomlin had defeated one of the admins, seeing the mp3 player icon on Andante's hoodie. Andante and the grunts teleported out immediately afterwards. Another admin looked down at the mess he'd created but teleported too.

"You did it." Rocky said to Tomlin.

"Who are you?" Tomlin asked.

"I was the army general...but now I realise the millitary cannot even hold against Team Sound. My name is Rocky. My father was the gym leader around these parts, but then he left to join another region's elite four. I'm the gym leader now."

"Why did you not come to help?" Melody asked. She had now wandered back into the barracks.

"I was on my way but, the grunts stopped me." Rocky said. Rocky, Tomlin and Melody all walked outside to see the group. All the grunts had teleported away.

"You're very strong." Rocky said to Tomlin. "What are you're names?"

"Tomlin." Tomlin said. "The girl is called Melody."

"Garristone City owes you two and those other trainers a great debt. Without you guys, we wouldn't have survived. Team Sound would have destroyed the city. As a reward, you guys will be first in line, if you want to challenge my gym."

"Thank you." Tomlin said.

Rocky ran back to his gym. Tomlin and Melody walked to the gym, which was situated on a bank-a mound to the left where, just above, there was a Golliath's mountain blocked enterence above.

"You did it." Melody said to Tomlin, smiling.

"Let's challenge the gym." Tomlin said. Tomlin waved to the other trainers to signal that the crisis had been averted.

"I know I said I wasn't but...alright, I will..." Melody said.

Walking towards the gym, an old man in a brown suit and brown hat stood up. "I saw how you tackled those gangsters in there! You saved the city. Bravo!"

"Thank you!" Tomlin exclaimed. Both of the pair entered the gym. A man with green spikey hair was battling Rocky, the gym leader. The gym leader had just lost to him. He walked towards Tomlin.

"Move!!" He shouted at Tomlin. Tomlin tried to move. "You know what...I challenge you to a pokemon battle, if you going to be that useless...I just got my badge..."

"Have it your way!" Tomlin yelled. "Let's battle outside the gym!" Both boys marched outside the gym and Melody followed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The twins were ready to execute more of there moves but before they do there opponents retreated. "Uh, what?" AMJ asked confusion evident on her face "HEY COWARDS!" Nico shouted angrily, this is one of the things he hated the most being left behind in the midst of battle. AMJ sighed as she looked around and examine the damage those Team Sound guys caused "Hey do you think the others are alright?" Nico growled "I'm not worried about that, I'm more worried on how I should kill- I, I mean defeat those Team Sound guys." AMJ rolled her eyes at her brother as he continue to rant under his breath.

What pokemon does Rocky have? And will I be playing as him or you @JohnsonAce )

At the grunt's retreat Conner scoffed, "Bunch of coward scum." he spat before kneeling to catch Whirlipede who had taken much more damage than Conner had planned. The ball-like pokemon blinked before fainting, causing Conner to return it. Conner then looked at Litleo and he couldn't help but grin, "Now I believe we have a gym to defeat!" he smiled as his companion cheered.
Back at the pokecenter Conner gave up his pokeballs, "What about that one?" asked the nurse pointing to the shiny Gligar's pokeball.
"Oh yeah, I forgot about him." Conner gasped before handing her the ball and getting everything back fully restored. Conner then exited the pokecenter and walked towards the gym. He watched Tomlin and an unfamiliar face storm past him, but he didn't give a second glance instead he walked inside the gym and glared at Rocky.

(All the teams for the gym leaders can be found on the discussion page on the first post, just so people know. Rocky has a Rockruff, Aron, Geodude and Aerodactyl. I will control him.)

Rocky looked up at Conner. "Another challenger?! This day is getting action packed!" He shouted. Rocky walked up towards Conner. "Welcome to the Garristone City gym! I don't know where that other challenger is going, but didn't you help him during the Team Sound attack?" He asked, getting his first poke ball ready for the fight.

The boy with green spikey hair was battling Tomlin out on a field outside of the gym. The boy sent out a Lotad and Tomlin sent out his Yanma. They had agreed it to be a 1 vs 1 fight. It was an intense battle so far, both pokemon slamming into each other.

Conner rolled his eyes at the Gym Leader's rambling, he he then looked down at his pokeballs, he wasn't completely familiar with Gligar's moves however he knew he could rely on his newest pokemon's speed. He sent out the Gligar who looked around with crazy eyes, the shiny pokemon then fly up and then dove down to the ground in an energetic spur before circling around Conner and landing on the battle field. Litleo sat beside Conner's feet and planned to watch the battle intently.

"No answer huh?" Rocky said, looking at Conner. "That's alright! We just got a girl who was very shy here before. Didn't say anything when she got in either..." Rocky threw a poke ball down onto the ground. The pokemon revealed was none other than a Geodude. "If it's a battle you want, it's a battle you're going to get! Geodude, use Rollout!" The Geodude tucked it's arms into it's body and rolled in the air towards Conner's Gligar.

Outside, Tomlin's Yanma had taken multiple attacks from the boy's Lotad. Several Astonish and Absorb attacks had dealt damage on Yanma and now it was feeling weak. Yanma came in for a Quick attack, then a sonic boom. Lotad fell to the floor and fainted. The boy with green spikey hair looked back and said nothing, then stormed off.

"He didn't even tell me his name!" Tomlin shouted. Tomlin and Melody then approached the gym. Tomlin did have to heal his pokemon with potions though. Tomlin saw Conner and Rocky in the stadium area of the gym. They had aleady started their battle and Tomlin sighed. "That sneak! He got to the gym leader before me and it's all that other guy's fault."

"I guess you'll have to battle with Rocky after him." Melody commented. "I will go after you."

They approached the stadium area of the gym to watch the battle.

Jezebel wandered out of Crystal Cove with her Phanphy, Lumpy, walking beside her. She had arrived to the professors lab after the two ladies had already started cleaning up but she was able to talk her way into getting a pokedex and pokeballs. She turned down the lesson on catching pokemon as she had caught Lumpy herself with the aid of her father's pokemon.

Getting here had been a bit of a struggle but she had managed to catch a Lillipup along the way. The puppy pokemon, who she named Cassie, wouldn't help against the next gym but Lumpy could deal with that on his own, anyway.

Ready to start her first gym battle, Jezebel dashed toward the gym, Lumpy dashing beside her.