• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Tales of Symphonia or Baten Kaitos??

Tails of Symphonia or Baten Kaitos?

• Baten Kaitos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tales of Symphonia

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I need to know whether to get Tales of Symphonia or Baten Kaitos for Christmas. In fact it is likely I won't get a game this year in favor of....nothing. But that remains to be seen.

For right now, who has played either and can recommend? I'm gonna close this poll Christmas Day, though I'm sorry it will pop up again, I want to know BEFORE Christmas, see?

(Note that this discussion is also on other forums I regularly post on, including Pokéschool.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have only played Tales of Symphonia and I loved it to death. Chances are I'll be replaying it sometime in the near future, too.
Some people have called parts of its story "cliche" but I only see that as a moderate issue... Everytime it had a similarity to another RPG it did it BETTER IMO. Beautiful music, too, and a fun battle system (if you're into that type). On top of that, great, great characters with lots of development. Tons of side-stuff, too, and quirky little things... Yeah, it all-around just kicked ass ^^

I could ramble for pages, but I'll stop ;p

(That's not to say Baten Kaitos isn't as good, if not better. I plan to buy it aswell someday in the near future)

It's a draw lol.

I can not vote as I ahven;'t playedBK besides a demo and can';t fidn it anywhere.

ToS was an excellent game and should of won game of the year. Now if only Namco would remake ToS's sequel for GCN (yup I be talking about ToP) lol (realizes 90% of the people will ahte him for using all these abbreviations)

there are so many other tales games out there besides symphonia and phantasia like tales of legendia, tales of destiny the list goes on and on.:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Supposedly Tales of Eternia for PSP is also a really great game but, unfortunately, not out in NA yet (nor will it probably be for awhile). If I was to buy a PSP I'd definitely be picking up that game with it :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Sounds like it could be interesting. I'm only picking my PSP up when GTA is released, but a Tales game for it mightn't be a bad idea.

I heard that tales of legendia was coming out later this summer is this true or was this person hearing a bad rumour either that or this person heard the japanese release.

Tales of Legendia: Yes, Japanese release. No, PS2 only, so far. I think. And Tales of Rebirth is also PS2 only, I think.

Now that I am about 26 hours into Tales, I must say I couldn't believe it! I was shocked at the total weight of the storyline and the quirks. Quirks are my favorite part of a character, story, or game. Hehehe.